Love of Horses Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kate I heard you speak the other night after watching film clips of your extraordinary exploits of horsemanship and was moved. But I was moved even more when Carl mentioned over coffee next morning you had elected to take only partial studies of direct interest in the belief that your learning ability would take you no further."

"Kate I found that belief untenable and began investigating. True your grade school records are unimpressive and high school achievements were gained outside the classroom in sport. But we've analyzed your performance and that produced a gratifying trend. Throughout your schooling you've produced an encouraging improvement, shown in this graph. We haven't overprinted any comparative line of average student progress to avoid embarrassing you but from your comments when you were interviewed for your present position here at Patrick, you made it clear you were aware you trailed the leading pack of your peers."

"Carl wants us to perform for you Kate as you performed for his research department with that glorious mare Guinevere. He showed us film clips of what she was like on her arrival here and attempts to control her and then how she has returned to her normal temperament and behavior after the time she spent with you. We found the contrast truly amazing. You are an awesome horsewoman Kate and it's time Patrick performed for you. Here is our proposal and we ask that you consider it, seek modifications to suit, but that you accept it as your academic challenge here at Patrick over the next four years when we are confident you'll emerge with a Bachelor in Equine Science degree. A small coaching hierarchy will be formed around you to get you to the finish. There will be no shortcuts, no compromises and of course you becoming a fulltime student will allow you to enter the competition to ride for Patrick, missing only the first competitive show."

"I-I thank you for making this effort but..."

Carl interrupted. "We'll arrange late-entry in the competition Kate and Coach Hall has approved this proposal 100 percent. He says you have the horsepower to perform as a fulltime student and a rider coaching assistant."

"Well I thank you for making all this effort but..."

"Just a minute Kate," Carl said. "There's someone who right now would like to say something to you."

He made a call and handed his phone to Kate.

"Kate it's Anne. Just do it darling. I have not been able to provide children for Ralph and he's been so brave about it. Do this for you darling and for us."

"Did you arrange this as you compiled that movie about me?"

"Yes. Bye darling."

Eyes moist, Kate turned to Carl and said, "How is it Anne has this influence on you?"

"Annie is my kid sister. She wanted you to be offered the chance she was presented when she was eighteen but instead she opted to join a cruise ship company as a singer and worked in the Caribbean for part of the year and in Northern European Waters for the other part of the year. She spent six years doing that and when she a was home visiting I introduced her to Ralph Hall, one of my riding buddies on the equestrian circuit, and lo she couldn't come ashore fast enough."

"Anne's a singer?"

"Yes and she speaks five languages rather fluently and plays the trumpet adequately and the guitar excellently and saxophone brilliantly. My sister is a dark horse and prefers it that way."

Kate took a few seconds to collect herself.

"Very well guys, this is something like a second chance for me and will speed up my opportunity to become a professional coach attached to a college or university."

She went off with Peggy to enroll as a fulltime student and to apply for late enrolment in the open section of the Intercollegiate Equestrian Society's English Seat competition and the Western Reining competition along with supporting documentation of her competitive riding record and a copy of the DVD to provide evidence of her horsemanship.

Three days later Kate went almost fifty miles away to a show ring for one of the society's assessors to approve of her suitability as a late entrant. Joy Moroney told Kate she would recommend Kate's acceptance as a rider with championship potential. Kate was officially informed of her acceptance two days later.

At Kate's instance, a meeting of all competitive riders was called for next afternoon where Kate announced her acceptance to compete in her two chosen events.

"I want to you know about this," she said. "It seems a little unfair for me to be competing against my own students but there it is. I am commencing a fulltime degree in equine science forthwith and if there is any objection, but only right now, to my competing in the open jump and open reining competition I'll withdraw immediately."

She then left the room and Coach Hall said, "Are there any questions or discussion?"

"No?"

He then put the motion that the meeting approved the inclusion of Kate John as a full member of Patrick University Equestrian Club's riding teams.

Ralph opened the door and shouted for Kate to return.

Club president Claire Kennedy walked up to Kate and said, "The motion that you be admitted as a full competitive member of the Patrick University Equestrian Club and put to current competitive riding members of the Equestrian Club. It was carried unanimously. Congratulations."

They hugged and kissed.

"Thanks guys, Kate said. "My studies mean I'll be burning the midnight oil but I assure you all I will put 100 percent into my training supervision. At this point, all going well, I predict that at least four of you will qualify for zone finals/Western semi-finals this April/May. That depends on several things including good horses in the draw of course. If we can get more of you qualified to go on, then no one will be more delighted than me."

TO BE CONTINUED