Love or Lust Ch. 02

Story Info
Friends meet friends and become friends.
3.5k words
4.65
8.7k
13
0

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SciFurz
SciFurz
2,062 Followers

*warning; no sex in this chapter. ;-)

*Literotica rules apply

***

Enkel had just dressed in the morning when he heard a knock on his door and heard Moni asking if he was awake.

'Yeah, come in.' he said. 'I was just getting ready.'

She walked in and he felt his heart skip a beat, seeing the green short dress hugging her curves tightly.

'Something wrong?' she asked, seeing him stare.

He smiled softly. 'On the contrary, that colour matches your eyes perfectly.'

She smiled deviously. 'They can't do sarcasm, but flirting is no problem.'

He chuckled. 'We just tell the truth.'

'Even though I'm a demon?'

'Looking good is looking good, whoever you are.'

She grinned. 'Hurry up then. Don't make a good looking lady wait.' she said and fixed the collar of his shirt before walking out the door and letting herself blush for a while before he could see it.

*

'So, what are you thinking?' Moni asked as they strolled down the main shopping street from the neighbourhood.

'Thinking?' he asked, afraid she might guess what he thought after seeing other guys stare at her.

'The job?'

'Oh, yes.' he said. 'I don't know yet. I thought we'd just see what's out there before deciding.'

'Okay by me.' she said, and they checked out the couple of agencies and bulletin boards during the morning before sitting down for a drink at a small café.

They were a bit surprised at the waitress who came out. She was a wolf demon in a frilly black and white strapless dress.

She saw the looks on their faces. 'Don't ask.' she said. 'What can I get you?'

'Tea for us, please.' said Enkel. 'Do you want something with it?' he asked Moni.

'This blood cake.' she said, pointing at the menu.

'Then, two blood cakes as well.' he said to the waitress.'

'Thank you, I'll be back soon.' the waitress said and went back inside.

Moni sighed. 'I'm not really suited to serve fast-food in the evening.'

'Nor stack shelves at a supermarket.' Enkel said. 'But we have to start somewhere.'

They stared at the street and the people going by until the waitress came back with their orders and Enkel lifted his cup of tea. 'To finding a suitable job.'

Moni clinked his cup with hers. 'To finding something that won't bore us to death.'

He chuckled and sipped his tea. 'I heard demons get bored easily.'

She looked at him, licked her lips and grinned slightly. 'Depends on who's around.'

He cleared his throat. 'So, do you like blood cake?' he asked, taking a bite of the cake with cherry layers.

'Yeah.' she said, swiping her fingertip along the cherry layer and licking it slowly. 'I love cherries.'

He blushed, looked at his cake and took another bite. 'Happy to hear that.'

When they had finished their cake and tea, Enkel leaned back and sighed. 'Well, looks like we'll have to look further to find the right job.'

'You're looking for a job?'

Enkel looked at the man sitting next to him and was surprised he hadn't noticed him before. He looked sharp in his dark blue suit and sunglasses.

'We are, yes?'

'How would you feel about working afternoon to evening, serving small meals and drinks to customers enjoying a musical environment?'

'Does it pay well?' Moni asked, leaning forward.

'We're rather popular, so we can pay decent wages.' the man said, taking out two business cards and handing them to Enkel. 'We can use fresh faces anytime, so come by if you're interested.'

They watched him as he left, leaving a big tip behind.

'I've got a feeling he's a demon.' Enkel said.

'But it's lucky we met him.' Moni said, thinking her father had something to do with it.

He looked at her and she nodded. 'Well, we can always have a look.'

*

'Dragon's Tongue.' Moni said, checking the card. 'This is it.'

She and Enkel looked at the small sign next to a black door with a red dragon figure on it.

Enkel looked up and down the alley. 'Not much choice here. It's the only door.' he said. 'Do you still want to check it out?'

'Let's have a sense of adventure.' she said, then leaned against him, batting her eyelashes. 'And I expect an angel wouldn't let an innocent girl get into trouble.'

'And then they wonder why angels dislike demons so much.' he said, looking up with a sigh.

She snickered and knocked on the door. Two seconds later the door opened and a big bull gestured for them to come in.

'Somehow I had expected a secret knock and a question for a password.' Moni said as they went inside a small hall.

The bull gestured at the camera views of outside the door and both ends of the alley.

'Ah, of course.' she said.

'We got this card.' Enkel said, holding it up. 'He was talking about a possible job opening.'

The bull nodded, opened the inner doors and a flood of bass heavy music came through. Moni looked excited at Enkel and snapped her fingers as she moved inside on the beat of the music. He smiled at the sensual movements of her body and tail and followed her in.

Inside they saw rows of circular areas with people, separated for privacy by plants. At the left and right were bars where the men and women serving each area ordered drinks and food for the guests.

'What's this?' Enkel asked.

'A place to relax and enjoy some company.' the bull said.

'Yeah, thanks.' Enkel said as the bull closed the door.

'Come.' Moni said and took his hand, taking him down the centre row.

She received several cat calls, inviting her to dump the guy and join the men calling out to her. She just smiled and winked at them and went for the bar at the right.

'Hey.' she said to the orc bartender. 'We were invited to a job interview here by,' she said and read the card again. 'Lex Lextor.'

The orc nodded and pushed a button between the rows of bottles behind him, then poured them a cocktail.

Moni took hers and turned to Enkel. 'Looks like this could be very interesting.'

'Indeed.' he said, noticing the glances toward her.

A moment later the man they met at the cafe came up to the bar. 'Hello there.' he said showing his business smile. 'So you've come to take a look at adventure.'

'Is that what it's called?' asked Moni, watching a couple of demon girls walk by, their bat wings seemingly the only thing covering their bodies.

'It looks naughtier than it actually is.' Lex whispered, leaning closer. 'Our guests like to have a little thrill of being close to deadly demons or just feel for a little while like one of us. It's all about role-playing.' He straightened up. 'So, I asked you because our previous feline demon is starting her final year in school now and has less time to work here. I wouldn't let her work a lot here if she needs the time to study.' Lex said, then turned to Enkel. 'As for angels, none have been willing to associate with us for some reason.'

'Probably because their family won't allow it.' Enkel said. 'At least, not beyond school and professional business.'

'What about you then?'

'Influential father, who also trusts me to not get into trouble.' Enkel said with a shrug.

'Marvellous!' Lex said. 'So, are you interested in starting here?'

'Do I get to kick customers with loose hands?' Moni asked, grinning devilishly.

'Sure, unless they like that sort of thing, then cry hard because that will crush their spirits.' Lex said, his grin matching hers, and looked at Enkel.

'Why not. It might be fun, being the first angel here.' Enkel said and thought it would be a great opportunity to see the demons in action. 'And maybe I can save a few souls.'

Lex saw the devious smile on Enkel's face. 'I like your thinking, lad. Maybe you'll become the worst demon here yet.' he said and held out his hand. 'Welcome to Dragon's Tongue.'

**

Moni and Enkel walked home after signing forms and getting measured for their work clothing.

'Well, part-time job has been taken care off.' Moni said. 'What else is there on the list?'

Enkel pondered. 'Cultural assignments like museums of history and art, theatre. Oh, and also a report on the neighbourhood we live in.'

She sighed. 'Boring..'

He chuckled. 'I guess demons just want to party.'

'Is that so wrong?'

'People can't live on partying alone.'

'I sure would like to give it a shot and try.'

Orchestral music growing louder came from his pocket and he pulled out his phone. 'Tova.' he said, then 'Hmm, sure. We can do that. You guys bring snacks and drinks. Okay, see you later.'

Moni looked a little curious. 'I planned to have a little celebration with my friends tonight, and since they already have time, they suggested having hot pot at my place for dinner.' he said.

'Nice.' Moni said. 'I also had plans to get together with my friend after our first day here.'

He saw a supermarket sign a little farther up the street. 'I'll have to stop by there to do some shopping, so if you need to go home now..?'

She shook her head. 'I'll be needing some things myself, so if you don't mind me joining you?'

He smiled. 'I'd be happy if you did.'

She snickered. 'I have a hard time believing you're not flirting.'

He looked a little hurt. 'I told you we only tell the truth.'

She gave him a little grin, showing her fangs and swinging her tail. 'And you know how us demons are.'

He sighed. 'I know, I know.'

'Then, let's go.' she said and dragged him to the store by his arm.

*

'Are you sure about this?' Enkel asked, looking at Moni's basket filled mostly with liquor, the other items being bags of snacks and a couple of ramen cups.

'It's the essence of a party.' she said and looked at his basket filled with meat, vegetables, bread and cheese. 'How can you have one without it?'

'We can have fun without something clouding our minds.'

'Tssk. Learn to step off the brakes and live a little.'

He chuckled. 'We live life in a different way.' he said. 'I prefer to have real food in the house.'

She shrugged. 'That's what take-away restaurants are made for.'

He shook his head as they went to the cashier.

*

'Have fun with your friends.' Moni said as they parted at their apartment, feeling a little sad at having to end the day.

'Thank you. Have fun tonight as well.' he said, liking to have continued the mood of the afternoon.

They gave each other a little wave before they entered their own apartments.

**

'You've settled in nicely.' Tova said when he looked around the room.

'Mostly.' Enkel said, serving tea on the table. 'I now know a bit of the neighbourhood. It's quite nice with a shopping street nearby. What about you guys?'

'I'm just a station away from Istava, closer to down-town and the Spire convention centre.' Tova said. 'Lots of electronic shops there.'

'I was rather surprised at how quiet my place is.' said Istava, nibbling on a cookie. 'Seems it's an older part of the city and the landlady is a sweet older woman. Nothing much going on there, close to boring.'

'I'll be staying over at your place then, when I want some peace and quiet.' Tova said. 'There's always something going on around my place, even during the night.'

'Please do. It'll bring some excitement.' Istava laughed.

Enkel brought the hot pot and ingredients to the table while his friends set everything up and soon they were ready to dig in.

'Sounds like the neighbours are having a party too.' Tova said, pointing a thumb toward the wall where they could hear soft laughter on the other side.

'Yeah, Moni's having friends over.' Enkel said, adding meat to the small electric grill.

'Moni?' asked Istava, raising an eyebrow. 'You're already friendly with your neighbour?'

'You've seen her. She's the black feline demon from our year.'

Istava and Tova looked at him. 'You're next door to one of the demons?'

'Yeah?'

'They never let angels and demons live next door to each other before.' Tova said. 'We always have to keep our distance, and if there was no choice, they only let the same race live close together, not mixed with the other.'

Enkel pondered about it. 'Probably a mistake when assigning apartments.' he said with a shrug, but suspecting this too was a "mistake" made by his father. 'It's no problem, she's very nice, although she could eat more healthy.'

Now his friends looked at him again.

'What?' Enkel asked, seeing the blank stares. 'We just happened to explore the neighbourhood together and did some quick shopping on our way back.'

Istava leaned closer, a slight smile on his face. 'How nice do you think she really is?'

Before Enkel could answer they heard knocking on the door. He got up to open it and found a succubus smiling at him. Her tail moved lazily from let to right as she examined him. 'Can I help you?' he asked, thinking she had to be tipsy because he smelled liquor on her.

She leaned closer. 'You really are an angel.. And good looking too. No wonder she didn't want to let us have a look at you.'

'Meiko!' said Moni as she stormed out of her apartment. 'I told you not to bother him!'

'Hey.' Enkel said as Moni grabbed her friend by the shoulders.

'Hi..' she said. 'Sorry about this. I let slip who you were and she got so curious.'

Meiko smirked as she looked at Moni and Enkel, then caught a whiff of roasting meat. 'Food!' she said.

Enkel watched her lick her lips and heard her stomach suddenly grumble. 'Haven't you eaten yet?' he asked Moni.

'We were snacking.' she said.

He shook his head. 'I told you that's no good.' he said, then turned back to his friends. 'Guys, make room for two more.'

'Wait, you don't have to.' said Moni, holding back her friend.

'I have plenty, it's no trouble.' he said, giving her a reassuring smile.

'But there's Susi as well.'

'Another friend? She's welcome too.'

'But..'

'Don't worry, we have the same reason to have a little party tonight, so why not make it the more the merrier.'

Moni sighed, actually happy to get a taste of that wonderfully smelling food. 'Thank you. I'll go get Susi.'

Enkel let Meiko in and she sat down between Istava and Tova who introduced themselves.

She grinned. 'I never thought I'd get to sit in on dinner with such handsome angels.'

Istava chuckled. 'No need for flattery. You won't have to seduce us.'

'Think of it as practice for later.' Meiko said, sticking out her tongue to him.

Moni walked in and Enkel was surprised to see the same wolf demon as they had met at the café earlier.

'Guys, this is Susi.' Moni said and turned to Enkel. 'She lives in the same building as Meiko and was dragged along by her.'

'She's my first friend here.' Meiko said with a smirk.

'Hey..' Susi said, holding up her hand in greeting.

'Well, why don't you sit next to Tova.' said Enkel. 'I'll get you some plates.'

Moni held up a bag with bottles. 'I thought I'd bring the drinks. Just to feel less guilty about bothering you.'

Enkel smiled at her. 'Thanks.' he said. 'Now have a seat and dig in.'

*

The boys and girls spent the evening eating and, although hesitant at first, the angels also drank from the mix Meiko made with the liquor. They talked about school and laughed at the pranks pulled by them on their teachers. Enkel had pulled out his game console and the competitive nature between Meiko and Istava made for good entertainment for the rest.

Moni grinned at the end of the evening at Enkel. 'This was fun. Well, not quite the high standard of demon parties, but it was fun.'

Enkel chuckled, feeling a little tipsy. 'I'm glad it got your approval.'

'Looks like those two made a new friend.' she snickered, nodding at Meiko and Istava who were nudging each other while racing.

Enkel nodded. 'I think we all did.'

'I'd say so.' Tova said, pouring the last bit of Meiko's mix for Susi. 'If anyone saw this bunch together they'd shake their heads. But I don't mind.'

Susi nodded. 'It's like my aunt's friend, the one who owns the café.' she said. 'She's an angel, but the menu looks like it's from a demon's kitchen. And she insisted I wear that frilly costume because she says it makes me look cute.' She let out a huff and drank.

'It worked.' Moni said and grinned.

Susi's muttering got drowned out by the cheer from Meiko who had won the race.

'There!' she smirked at Istava. 'You owe me one day of servitude.'

'Fine!' Istava sighed and tossed the controller aside. 'You won this time.'

'What did you get yourself into this time?' Tova asked.

Meiko turned and grabbed Istava's head in her arm. 'We took a bet with the winner getting the loser to do anything she wants for one day.'

'That's "he or she".' Istava said.

'There was no doubt about who'd win.' she said, grinning deviously at him.

Enkel shook his head. 'Just don't get us all into trouble.'

'No worries, I'll think of something fun.' she smirked and Enkel feared the worst.

'Time to get some sleep.' Moni said, yawning and stretching.

Tova nodded as he looked at the time. 'If we hurry we're just in time to catch the train.'

'Go,' Enkel said as he got up. 'I'll clean up, so you won't be late.'

'I'll help.' Moni said. 'You guys go catch your train too.'

Susi nodded and pulled up an unsteady Meiko with help from Istava. 'Thanks.'

'Where do you need to go?' asked Tova.

'Fujiko. That's where we live.'

'That's where I live too. Istava has to get out one stop before that.'

'Looks like we'll be travelling together then.' said Susi, feeling glad she wouldn't have to go all the way alone with a half drunk succubus.

*

Susi and Meiko got their things from Moni's apartment and they walked with Tova and Istava to the nearby train station.

'Thanks for handling Meiko.' Susi said to Istava, who carried a sleeping Meiko on his back.

'She's light as a feather, so no problem.' he said, then chuckled. 'That'll start when she cashes in our bet.'

'Your own fault.' Tova said, smiling at the night sky.

'She seduced me into it?'

'Right.. As if you ever needed seducing to get into trouble.'

The wait for the train was short and they were the only ones in the single carriage to Tova's relief. He doubted he could explain to others why an angel and succubus were sitting together, their sleeping bodies leaning against one another.

'They are alike.' Susi said.

Tova nodded. 'I guess they are.'

He woke Istava up just before his stop and received a sleepy hug from Meiko. 'Don't try to run away from your punishment.' she grinned.

'I'll keep my word.' he said, feeling a little shy from the new experience of being hugged by a succubus.

He waved them goodbye while the train left again and smiled on his way home, blaming the light mood on the drinks.

*

Meiko was awake enough to walk, but too sleepy to do it without Susi guiding her. Tova escorted the girls to their apartment building, which was not too far from his own.

'Thanks for the help with Meiko.' Susi said as they arrived at the front doors.

'You're welcome.' he said and handed the bags from the girls over to her. 'If you need anything, you now know where to find me.'

Susi looked at the blue building a few blocks farther down the road. 'Yes.' she said and grabbed Meiko who was about to wander into the bushes. 'I'll see you around.'

He waved at her as he walked home and Susi smiled softly, glad to have been dragged to the party by Meiko. She turned to Meiko, who was almost asleep on her feet. 'Come, time to get you to bed.'

'Race ya..' muttered Meiko.

'I'll leave that to Istava.' Susi chuckled.

*

'Thanks for helping out.' Enkel said after Moni and he had cleaned up.

'The least I could do for hosting us.' she said, getting ready to leave. 'Us demons aren't usually invited over to angels.'

'Yeah, part of the competitive business.' he said, opening his door for her. 'But I don't mind doing this more often.'

Her ears pricked up and she gave him a big smile. 'I'll find an excuse for next time then.'

He chuckled. 'I'll bet you will.'

SciFurz
SciFurz
2,062 Followers
12