Love, Sex and Money

Story Info
Love in unexpected and complicated circumstances.
64.2k words
4.12
20.4k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One

She was naïve and he was experienced....in more ways than she could imagine....

18 year old Heidi Jenkins was checking her new outfit in the hall mirror when she heard the taxi pull up outside the house. She grabbed her purse and shouted,

'Leon, I'm going now!'

Leon came into the hallway.

'Are you coming back here tonight?'

Heidi smoothed her hair with her hand and shrugged.

'Doubt it. I'll call if I am but I'll probably go home.'

'OK.' Leon said, 'Remember; no more than two drinks.'

Heidi rolled her eyes, 'Don't worry Leon, I don't even like drinking. Does my hair look OK?'

The taxi beeped its horn outside.

'Yeah, it's fine. Now go win some money.

Heidi smiled at him before rushing out of the door and getting into the cab.

~

A half hour later, the taxi pulled up outside Andrejes Casino, a fairly large establishment on the outskirts of Atlantic City. Although she was legally too young to gamble, Heidi had discovered that a large pair of DKNY shades and some stilettos could get you in anywhere if you knew how to wear them. Coupled with the silky black Armani dress she'd bought with a month's wages she was scarcely surprised when the doorman hardly glanced at her phony ID before ushering her into the brightly lit reception.

Pausing at the trade booth, Heidi handed the $1000 in her purse to the blonde lady behind the glass. She smiled inwardly at the way the woman uncomfortably looked at Heidi's shades, obviously wondering who on earth was under there. Her job however, told her not to ask questions and she smiled welcomingly at Heidi as she handed her the chips and wished her a good night. Heidi smiled back and thanked her before making her way to the bar where she ordered an OJ on the rocks. She wasn't going to have a real drink yet or it'd mess with her mind and she'd lose her talent at the tables. It had happened once before and Leon had been so angry with her for wasting his money that he'd slapped her face before telling her to get out of his house and never come back. She'd cried with anger at herself and begged him to forgive her & let her try again which he did in the end and now here she was, determined to win for him.

Heidi sat down on a barstool and sipped her juice, swirling it around her mouth, enjoying the cool citrusy freshness. Her eyes took in the well dressed people, gambling or simply strolling around. They were all so beautiful. The women even more so, with their sexy dresses and curvy bodies, their feminine perfectness and all their experience. They were all at least five years older than Heidi and their age shone from them. They knew how to flirt with men and then get rid of them with a flick of the wrist if they weren't good enough. They could pick and choose, go home with whoever they wanted simply by dropping a sly word into a conversation. Heidi sighed to herself longingly as she watched them all. She'd never really been happy with the way she looked. Her nose, she felt was too big; her legs not long enough, her butt too much on the large side and her breasts far too small. Despite the compliments from her friends and family, Heidi knew they were just being nice. She was hardly a girl anyone would want to take home. She was just ordinary. Yes, she was intelligent, had a great sense of humour and an easy disposition but what was the use in those qualities if nobody approached her to witness them? She drained the juice in her glass and made her way over to a roulette wheel. Time to perform.

~

27 year old Jim Mitchell stood in his usual corner of the casino, his eyes flitting shrewdly around the room as he debated on which table to join. His typical attire of dark suit and white shirt had been attracting attention all evening from the new players, though the regulars were quite used to him by now. A woman who looked to be in her early twenties approached him with a confident smile, her tight pink dress emphasising the hugeness of her enhanced breasts.

'Hey.' She said, in feigned shyness, mascara coated eyelashes framing her bright blue eyes. 'Are you here with someone?'

Jim faked a smile. 'Yeah, my girlfriends over at the bar, getting me a drink.'

The girl's smile faded and she took off without another word clearly in search of an equally good looking target. Jim sighed. He was sick of all these bimbos, coming in here with everything on display. They could barely gamble let alone seduce him. He needed someone new; someone fresh, someone innocent, someone with no ulterior motives. Someone like.....her. His drifting gaze was suddenly targeted towards the long haired girl who had just finished a game and was moving to a new table. Yes, Jim thought to himself as he took in her lean figure, the shades hiding her expression. He could already visualize kissing those softly determined pink lips, pulling that dress away from that body...

~

Heidi smiled to herself as she finished her game of blackjack. She had just amplified her winnings to $7000 after merely two games sparking a feeling that this was going to be a pretty big night. She was pondering over which table to approach next when her cell began to ring in her purse. Pulling it out, she hurried up onto the roof, into the open air, the cool breeze comforting her as she answered the call.

'Heidi, I hope you've got good news.'

It was Leon, straight to the point as usual.

'Hey Leon.' Heidi replied, 'Yeah, it's going OK so far.'

'OK?' asked Leon

'Well, great actually.' Heidi said, smiling, 'I'm 7 up.'

'Good.' came the reply. 'Listen, I've got a mark for you. One of my mates just confirmed he's at the same place you are. His name is Jim Mitchell. I need you to beat him. Badly.'

'A mark?' asked Heidi, panicking slightly 'What am I supposed to do? What if he's an expert?'

'He's not.' was the brisk reply. 'He's a cheat. He stole 30k off me last year at a casino in Ibiza. Right under my fucking nose and all. Just watch him closely. You'll beat him. Don't worry kid.'

'But I don't know anything ... what does he look like?'

'Tall, dark hair, cut short but wavy, dresses dark, with a white shirt. Got it?'

'Leon, there's loads of guys who fit that description. '

'Uh, brown eyes, kind of broad, well built. Just ask around for him, he's a regular. But don't let him know who you are or that you're connected with me or we'll lose him. Just act like a regular punter. OK?'

'I guess so. What was his name again?'

'Jim or James Mitchell. And hurry up. Call me when you want to be picked up.'

The line went dead. Heidi closed the phone and stuffed it back into her bag. Leon made it sound so easy. As if she could just seek out a total stranger and beat him in a game of...of......of what? Leon hadn't even said what she was meant to play him at! And if he was a cheat she might not even have a chance of winning. Heidi opened her eyes wide and leaned against the railing, looking down at the cars below. It was almost a quarter past 12. Friday night. She had work tomorrow as well. Half of her wanted to forget about the whole thing: go home, forget Leon, and forget gambling, concentrate on studying and working her way up to a promotion. But in her heart she knew she couldn't. She loved gambling, loved the feeling of danger as someone flipped their last cards over, loved the thrill that coursed through her when she made a heavy wager and she loved winning. Loved the adrenalin rush she got, loved making Leon pleased with her. The money wasn't really a part of it to Heidi. The whole experience was what she loved which was why she never argued as she handed every last cent over to Leon following a night on the tables. He had coached her after all. Granted she'd been a good player to begin with but he had taught her all those little tricks, how biting your lip in that special way could give you the advantage you needed, how leaning back could either make or break a game and how going in low could set your opponents up. The list went on and Heidi was grateful for it. She was grateful for it all really, minus the mood swings, the stubbornness and of course, the crazy ideas. Like when he'd told her not to bother with college. She'd had great grades and had disappointed her family and her teachers when she'd made the decision to go straight into work. Heidi still never really understood Leon's reasoning behind that certain scheme but didn't have the courage to ask in fear of what sort of temper he'd erupt into. Lost in her own thoughts, she didn't notice the time slipping away until someone touched her lightly on the shoulder. She jumped, startled, and spun around to see a tall figure in front of her.

'Sorry.' said the man, 'I didn't mean to frighten you, I just wondered if you were OK. You've been stood here for ages.'

'I'm fine.' Heidi replied guardedly 'I was just thinking about stuff.'

The stranger smiled. 'I do that myself. Get lost in my own thoughts. I'm always away with the fairies.'

Heidi smiled in spite of herself. She could hardly imagine this tall muscular man fluttering around with fairies. The idea was ridiculous to say the least.

'What's your name?' asked the man.

"Heidi." She couldn't help being impressed by his dress sense. The initial shock had faded to be replaced by flattery. How could this tall handsome guy want to talk to her?! She adjusted her sunglasses and smiled up at him,

'So what's your name?'

'Jim.' The stranger replied.

Heidi's heart skipped a beat. No way! Was this actually Jim? The Jim she had to play? She looked up at him. He was exactly like Leon had described only Leon had failed to tell her how good-looking the guy was.

'Is something wrong?' Jim asked, looking at her warily.

'No, I'm fine.' Heidi replied, 'I just know a lot of Jim's. What's your surname by the way?'

'Mitchell.' He replied. 'Please tell me you don't know another Jim Mitchell?'

'No, I don't' Heidi replied with a smile. 'Do you want to go downstairs?'

'Sure.' Jim replied. 'I'll buy you a drink.'

~

Jim followed Heidi down the flight of stairs and then took her over to the bar. He'd lost sight of the pretty girl earlier and was relieved when he saw her on the roof. And now things seemed to be getting even better. They were talking compatibly and unless he was very much mistaken, she seemed fairly interested in him. He found the sunglasses a distraction though. He would have liked to take them off to see what colour eyes she had, to see the rest of her face but he didn't know how she'd react and he didn't want to alienate her on what seemed like a good build up to an even better night.

'What are you having?' he asked as they sat down next to each other at the bar.

'I'm sticking to fruit juice.' Heidi said with an apologetic smile.

'Aw, come on.' Jim said, 'One drink won't do you any damage will it?'

'I guess not.' Heidi said, 'But I really shouldn't'

'You really should.' Jim said, 'Come on, what's it to be?'

He watched as she paused, furrowed her brow before smiling, 'Fine, I'll have a Malibu. But just one.'

~

Jim drained his glass and waited for Heidi to finish. He loved the way she put her lips demurely to the glass before tipping her head back slightly, her slim fingers leaving prints in the condensation as she replaced it on the bar.

'So,' he asked, 'Are you here to gamble?'

'I guess so.' Heidi said, 'Why? Do you want a game or something?'

Jim chuckled wryly, 'I'd love to but I have a feeling you wouldn't stand a chance against me.'

'Let me win then.' Heidi said matter-of-factly, smiling as she led him to the poker table.

~

Wouldn't stand a chance?! Who did he think he was, Heidi thought to herself in annoyance as she sat down at the poker table. He was probably planning on cheating or something, she fumed. Half of her was annoyed at herself for taking such an instant liking to this stranger but the other half was pleased, happy that she'd managed to secure a game with this guy. For Leon obviously. He deserved to get at least some of his money back didn't he? She decided to call him in a while, update him.

~

Jim leaned back casually in his chair as they begun playing. Maybe he should let her win, make her more at ease with him, charm her a little. He let her take the first couple of hands. She was a pretty good player. Unlike the others, he could see through her little tricks and it amused him that she had all these experienced gamblers on a leash. Half of them weren't even concentrating; they were staring at her, ogling her body as if they were good enough for her.

'Heidi, you're thrashing us.' Jim said.

She smiled, but didn't reply, focusing intently on the game. He decided to get rid of the other three guys by going in going in high, faking his confidence, until they folded and wandered off to the bar.

'Do you want to carry on?' he asked Heidi. She was about $15,000 up and to her, he guessed that was quite a lot.

'Yeah, sure.' She said nonchalantly, 'I've just got to make a quick call.'

She took her phone and went back upstairs. Jim waited a while and then followed suit. He could do with a little fresh air himself. He spotted her in the same place as before, talking quietly on the phone. He wandered a little closer to get the gist of the conversation. Was it a boyfriend? Was she already taken? He was a couple of metres away when he heard what she was saying clearly and then he knew exactly what was going on.

~

Heidi ended the call and hurried back downstairs. Leon wanted her to win as much as possible so she hoped Jim hadn't left in boredom. Luckily, he was at the bar, waiting for her.

'What do you say to another drink?' he asked looking directly at her. He seemed slightly colder than before, she thought, but didn't let it bother her as she hurriedly agreed, eager to start playing again. She waited impatiently for Jim to finish his beer and it seemed like hours before he casually followed her back to their table.

~

The alcohol seemed to have had a bad effect on Heidi as she fumbled with her cards, betting a shed load of money on cards that were nothing. She didn't even bluff it out. Jim watched her in a mixture of amusement and annoyance. So this was Leon Jackson's bitch was it? He'd had enough of that bastard and his little cronies but now here was his girlfriend, robbing him blind. He could hardly believe what he'd heard her talking about. Of all the girls to be attracted to... He was pissed off and determined to make Leon pay. After a few casual hands he started to up his game, becoming more ruthless as the stakes got higher. He had new drinks brought over to the table and in her panic Heidi drank more, her concentration getting even worse. Jim smiled inwardly. She didn't have much money left and he was going to take it all, everything she had.

~

Heidi put the glass down, her hand shaking slightly. She wasn't drunk, just shit scared. Everything had gone wrong. She only had about $500 left and she could imagine just how annoyed Leon would be. She bet the last of her money and drew three new cards. Oh God, they were all wrong, so completely wrong. She folded instantly. That was it. But Jim didn't seem to have finished.

'I'll bet all I have if you want to go another round.' He offered. Heidi blinked. That was $230,000. It didn't occur to her how much she could lose as she nodded, determined that this round would be a walk in the park.

It wasn't. As she looked at her cards, she realised how stupid she'd been. It wasn't a game any more. She had to get it all back. But she lost again. She looked up at Jim in desperation. She needed it back. Leon would kill her.

'You've lost a lot of money Heidi.' Jim said.

'Please,' she asked in desperation, 'Give me one more chance. To win it all back.'

'But you've nothing to wager.' Jim said.

'You can have.....my watch.....or my necklace, they're gold.' Heidi said fumbling with the clasps.

Jim exhaled in disgust, 'What would I want those for? I need something better.'

'What do you want?' Heidi said, her voice quivering, 'Anything. Just tell me what you want.'

Jim paused, rocked back in his chair before leaning forward.

'You.' He whispered. 'If you win this hand, you're home and dry with almost a quarter of a million dollars but if you lose, you come back to my hotel room tonight.'

Heidi's head suddenly cleared. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

~

Jim sat back in his chair. He was going to shame her, make her do everything he wanted, and he was going to enjoy it. He imagined Leon's face when he heard that his sweet little bitch had been at it with Jim Mitchell. It would be revenge, nothing more, or so he told himself.

'Well, are you going for it?' he asked Heidi, whose lips were trembling slightly as she tried to think of a way out. A crowd had begun to form around the table as they heard of the deal and they began to urge her on.

She nodded, shakily and they murmured with excitement as the dealer began the final hand. Heidi had never been so scared in her life. She fumbled with her cards as Jim stared at her, his face stony, angry almost. Heidi looked down at her cards and her worry faded instantly. She smiled; straight flush. Oh thank God, how lucky. She'd won. Oh thank God.

'Do you want to discard any?' the dealer asked them both.

Jim drew one more card, discarding his other down onto the table, as Heidi sat waiting.

They looked at each other impassively and then Jim jerked his head motioning for her to show her cards.

She flipped them over with a triumphant smile as the crowd murmured appreciatively. The dealer began moving Jim's chips across the table but as Jim flipped his cards over, he stopped, as Heidi gasped in horror. Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten. All of hearts. The crowd went wild as they took in Jim's royal flush. It was practically impossible to have the two highest hands in one game, especially when the stakes were so high.

'Well, well, well.' Jim whispered.

He rose from the table, as the crowd looked on in stunned surprise and offered his hand to Heidi.

'Come on then.'

She ignored him, getting up, steadying herself on the edge of the table.

'Keep the money.' He told the stunned dealer, as he led Heidi out of the casino and into the car park. He unlocked his Lamborghini and opened the passenger door.

'In.' he said in a voice angry enough to make her get into the car without protest.

A moment later he got into the drivers seat and started up the engine. He glanced across at her pale face. "Seatbelt."

Heidi didn't move, terrible thoughts running through her head. How nasty he was going to be to her, what he was going to make her do.... How he'd force her, and how Leon would find out...how long her ordeal would last....how he'd shame her...make her body respond to his....as he silently laughed at her, laughing at how cheap she was....

"Seatbelt." Jim repeated impatiently, "If we crash, I'm not cleaning up the mess."

Heidi didn't speak and he sighed, reached past her, pulled the belt along, brushing purposefully along her breasts, watching as she stiffened. He paused there, back of his hand resting on her slight chest before she pulled away, back against the seat, silently refusing to look into his eyes. Her trembling hands snatched the belt from him and she clicked it into place, staring blankly out of the windscreen.

Jim moved away from her, started the car and reversed out.

'So, Heidi, what on earth do you think Leon is going to say when his little pals tell him what happened to you?'

'Leon?' Heidi mumbled.

'Oh come on, Heidi, I'm not that stupid. I heard you on the phone. Leon wanted you to humiliate me but it all went a bit pear shaped didn't it?'

Heidi sat in stunned silence; how dumb could she have been?

'So, it's you and Leon, huh? Together?'

'What's it got to do with you?' Heidi steeled herself to say. 'You're worse than him. At least he's not a cheat.'