Lovely Cries by a Songbird Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning came much too early. When she glanced up at the charging phone on her nightstand she saw that it was 11:01 am. Coming fully to, she sat up in bed. Jessica was now gone, but she had her things behind. As she rubbed her eyes and protracted her arms above her head. No sooner and she began to feel the beginning of a headache coming on. Not a big one, just one that was kind of going to be background noise throughout the day or so she hoped.

Out of bed, she walked over to table in the far corner of the room. Upon it sat a small LCD television. Jessica's backpack was beside the stand, but before the door. It was partially unzipped and she wanted ever so badly to take a peak inside, but thought better of it. What a way to ruin a blossoming friendship for her to be in the middle of rummaging through Jessica's things and have the girl walk in on her while doing so. Not a pleasant thought to think about.

One thing, however, continued to draw her eyes to the crumbled black and gray backpack on the floor. Her panties. Rather, Jessica's panties that were sticking out of the top as if simply disregarded in after thought.

She was ever so tempted to pick them up as well, but thought better of it. No sooner had the contemplation entered her mind then the door clicked and opened. Jessica walked inside with two towels covering her body with one for her body, and the other for her hair. A smile traced her face, and she didn't seem to notice Jacqueline jump back.

As she entered, the door swung shut behind her. Giving Jacqueline her key-card back, Jessica made her way over to the second bed that the two of them had slept on the night before. With her back turned to her, she unfolded the towel and let it fall.

She had not been sure what to expect. She thought it was entirely possible that she might have seen her naked booty, but it was not to be. Instead, she wore a black pair of what looked to be black micro fiber hip hugging shorts and a matching bra.

As Jessica stretched her back, she arched up and her lovely butt shot out. Jacqueline doubted that she was self conscious about what she was doing. Still, it was a sight to behold. The woman had a lovely tush. A memory of last night came to mind. It was her every so briefly waking up to find Jessica closely snuggled against her, and rubbing her inner thighs, which were wrapped around Jacqueline's legs. It had to be a dream, though. Hadn't it?

Turning around, she gave Jacqueline a warm smile before lowering her head and pulling off the towel. Their eyes connected. Jessica's warm eyes had bored into her, and melted her. She felt a tingle and her heart might have skipped a beat.

"I didn't wake you did I?" Jessica warmly inquired. "I tried to be as silent as possible; I just needed a shower after ah, last night."

Jacqueline almost didn't answer her at first as she was caught up in the curves of her body. Casting her eyes away briefly, she mumbled, "Ah, no." An embarrassed flush came to her face, but Jessica didn't seem to catch on. At the moment she was a little too caught up with her hair.

Within minutes Jessica was gone again; this time taking with her a hair dryer and a flat iron. No sooner had she left, however, and then she returned. Jacqueline was even more puzzled by this then she was the straightening iron.

"Is everything alright, Jessica?" she inquired.

Jessica looked lost for a couple of minutes. "Ah, yeah, sure." A long moment of silence came between them. Jacqueline began to get worried that her friend was obviously not being straight with her. "Well, not really... I met someone in the bathroom, an old friend." More dead air. "That isn't much of a friend anymore."

"Who was it?" Jacqueline asked.

"Heather Grey."

Jacqueline knew of her. She was Amanda Baker's girlfriend. A sporty well built girl with a compact, athletic frame. In contrast to Amanda, she had almost no boobs at all and was a few inches shorter. What, however, had always caught Jacqueline's eyes was her beautiful face with her big brown eyes, the cutest little dimple and a short hairstyle with natural flowing bangs that hung down. Her lips were also luscious as well, soft and full.

"She can be such a bitch at times," Jessica continued.

This brought Jacqueline back into the moment. While she never thought of Heather that way it was possible. She didn't know her that well, but to her she had always been cheerful and friendly. In truth, though she had only been around her when Amanda was around.

Jacqueline walked over to the other bed and took a seat facing in Jessica's direction. She made eye contact, but Jessica was a bit too busy in a pacing motion.

"Huh, I always thought she was kind of cute," escaped Jacqueline's tongue before she could take it back.

Jessica froze briefly and spun around. A hurt looked crossed her face.

"Jess, I just said she was kind of cute, I don't know her at all," she lied. Well, it really wasn't a lie.

"She is cute. She's just a fucking bitch."

Jacqueline went cold with the language. There was more frustration than venom in her voice.

"How exactly do you know her?" Jacqueline softly inquired.

Jessica bit her lip and pondered over what to say. "We might have kind of gone out a few times." A long sigh followed. "Well that's not really being truthful. We dated for about six months or so."

"So Amanda and her?" Jacqueline spoke aloud.

Jess walked over and took a seat. She was beginning to tense up a lot. "It was a long time ago, well before Amanda entered the picture."

"What happened?"

Jessica exhaled. "She cheated on me. With an old girlfriend, with some girl she met at a party we attended one night and then, with an old boyfriend."

"Let me get this straight, she cheated on you three different times and yet you went back?"

"Pathetic isn't it," Jessica sobbed softly.

"No! I didn't say that. I was just wondering what kind of hold she had over you?" They made eye contact really for the first time during this talk. "Something drove you back to her."

"She can be really, really persuasive. She is a phenomenal game player." Jessica sulked for a minute, letting her shoulders slump. Jacqueline was just about to chime in when she spoke again. "She also is really good at eating pussy."

"Okay! Well, ah..." Jacqueline shot to her feet. "That is a bit too much information I guess."

"Sorry," Jessica meekly said aloud.

Now she was on the verge of tears. Feeling for her, Jacqueline quickly came over by her and sat down. The two girls embraced before Jessica let loose and sobbed into her shoulder, while Jacqueline massaged her back.

Moving back, she wiped the tears from her eyes, and mumbled, "I am sorry you have to see me like this, it's just that..."

"Don't be," Jacqueline cut her off.

Placing the pads of her fingers under the chin of her jaw, she directed Jessica's eyes to her own. By what she felt was almost instinct; she used her free hand to cast away the remaining tears from Jessica's eyes.

Soon, the two of them had moved back on the bed. Jacqueline was propped up by a few pillows underneath her back, while Jess was curled up by her side with her head resting on her upper chest. One arm was around the back of Jacqueline's neck and the other was resting off her hip. Jacqueline had one hand holding her head and the other, running through Jessica's hair.

Little was said for some time between the two of them. Oddly enough, Jacqueline did not find it the least bit awkward. It wasn't really intimate either, at least not in a sexual way. Rather it was intimate, but on a whole other level.

Only the buzzing of a cell phone brought the two of them out of their moment together. They both glanced up and Jessica realized that it was her's. As she got up, Jacqueline tried to look away as the beautiful curves on her butt came into view.

Now off the bed, she grabbed the phone off the nightstand in the middle between the two beds. She glanced at the caller id. Clicking it on, she brought the phone to her ear.

"Yes?" Jessica said with an edge to her voice.

Jacqueline, however, was kind of relieved that her mind was on other matters for a moment. The closeness, while not very sexually charged was having a bit of an effect on her anyway, and she began to get a bit worried that somehow Jessica might have caught on. It's kind of hard to be the supporting friend when the girl that you are holding is kind of more than a little arousing.

"I see," Jessica continued. "Look, I'll be there as soon as I can." She then clicked off and tossed the phone down onto the bed.

Jacqueline looked up with questioning eyes. "It's my roommate, she err. Ah... Needs helping with something." A bit of a smile traced Jacqueline's lips. "It's not like that," Jessica quickly corrected. "It's something personal, I can't really talk about."

This puzzled Jacqueline because she thought that Selena was supposed to be gone for the weekend.

"So I take it that her trip was cut short or something?" Jacqueline queried.

Making her way over by the television stand, she grasped onto a clean change of clothes underneath, which was near her backpack. Sitting up, this was the first that Jacqueline had noticed them. Slipping on a gray sweater over her head and pulling it down, she looked up for a minute.

Jessica seemed to get lost in thought as she briefly glanced up at her friend who was still seated on the bed. Her eyes just kind of randomly searched around until something clicked in the back of her mind and she was able to put two and two together.

"No, she not back at the residence if that's what you mean to be asking me if her weekend off campus was cut short," Jessica affirmed. "It's nothing really; I just need to get her some information on a something that she forgot to take with her."

Jacqueline of course knew that there was more to the story than Jessica was letting on. It was pretty obvious by her tense body language that something was up. She didn't have a clue, however, what it could be. She wanted to just come out and ask her directly once again, but decided against it. Jessica had known Selena for a considerable amount of time, and she didn't really want to intrude on whatever was going on.

Further making the situation a bit off setting to Jacqueline was the fact that she really wanted to accompany Jessica back to her place. She didn't really want what was developing into a rather interesting moment between the two of them to die down. That would not be possible though. She realized that whatever this involved, Jessica needed her space to deal with it. So she didn't ask to come along.

She was then suddenly brought out of her train of thought by Jessica. "Look about tonight, you don't really have to, you known."

"Absolutely, I do," Jacqueline countered.

To be honest, she had second guessed her willingness to go with Jessica, but now given the events that unfolded she felt that it was in her friend's best interest if she had somebody around. If this meant her doing a bit of role playing as a favor to her, so be it. Something did not add up her, it worried Jessica deeply and this worried her. In due time she hoped that her friend would come clean about it if there were any serious issues that she could help them out with.

"Well, okay then." Jessica's mood seemed to brighten a bit as she slide on her jeans, socks and shoes. "I'll be over about two hours or so before we go out. I've got a pretty good idea of where to go."

"I'll be waiting."

Gathering the rest of her things, she made her way to the door and Jacqueline jumped off the bed and rushed over to meet her. With the door now ajar, Jacqueline came up and put her arms around Jessica's neck. Their eyes met and their noses touched. Jessica seemed to tense up for a second, yet seemed intrigued by Jacqueline's lips coming forth until they were placed on her forehead. A smile traced her lips and she looked down the hallway to see if anyone had seen them. No one had, the hall was empty.

"Too bad," Jacqueline had thought. It would have been kind of cool for someone to get a glimpse even if nothing truly intimate was going on between the two of them.

"You are such a tease," Jessica sighed.

Jessica pushed off from, almost grabbing onto Jacqueline's rack so-to-speak, but instead only brushed over her breasts.

"Are you sure I'm the tease," Jacqueline joked.

Jessica took the hint and gave her a weak smile. "I hope you enjoy tonight," Jessica whispered.

As she turned to leave Jacqueline said, "Call me."

"Don't worry, I will," came the response.

(A few hours later)

Jacqueline had tried to keep busy, and her mind off from what was going to take place that night. She had spent the early afternoon in a sitting position on the bed browsing the web. This, however, had grown increasingly boring with each passing minute.

Giving up out of sheer boredom, she slipped a bra under her tee and a pair of socks, and made her way out to the student lounge at the end of the corridor. It was a simply room with a couple of sofas and chairs with a television hanging on the wall in front. It was situated directly across the hall from the restroom. Actually, it was the only bathroom given that this was not a coed floor.

It was a mid Saturday afternoon and she didn't expect to find anyone around. Therefore, she was a bit surprised when she saw Amanda and Heather on the sofa furthest from the television. No, it didn't just surprise her, but stopped her dead in her walk. They looked to be cuddling and had likely been making out just prior to her walking in on them. They likely had heard her approaching from down the hall.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to..." Jacqueline mumbled, mostly herself. A blush came to her face, and she felt pretty awkward. Quickly turning around, she had ever intention of walking as shifty back to her room as possible, when she heard Amanda.

"Hey, wait. Where are you going?" Amanda inquired.

Turning around Jacqueline saw that the two girls had for the most part untangled themselves from each other. Neither looked to be annoyed by her unexpected intrusion.

"I was just going to go back and," Jacqueline stuttered, "and leave you two alone." A moment of silence hung in the air as the two girls exchanged looks that she couldn't really read. "I didn't mean to intrude on you and Heather."

Again, Jacqueline was beginning to turn around when Amanda stopped her for the second time with merely the words, "Wait. Just wait a second."

A glimpse around again, and she had seen that Amanda was now up off the sofa. "Why don't you sit down and join us, we weren't really doing anything anyhow." Heather seemed to find this a bit humorous.

"Yeah, um, well sure I guess," Jacqueline fumbled for the words.

It was only then that she had been gawking at Amanda's chest. Looking away, she now felt a bit embarrassed. She really didn't mean, and she felt a further flush developing. It was just that her breasts were so inviting, and unlike Heather or her, she wasn't wearing a bra. Only a tight university tee-shirt separated Jacqueline from seeing the nakedness of her flesh beneath.

Taking her seat once more, she motioned for Jacqueline to join them. Reluctantly, she complied. Jacqueline, however, put a great deal of distance between them and herself upon sitting. She wanted very much to give them their space for not only them, but her own emotional security as well.

"So I hear that you've been hanging out with Jessica recently," Amanda remarked. Heather let out a grunt of sarcasm, and Amanda turned around to face her girlfriend. Her look was intense, and it simply read, "Shut up honey."

"I'm sorry, it's just that woman is such a..." Heather exclaimed. However, she trailed off in mid-sentence when Amanda's gaze hardened.

Turning back to Jacqueline asked. "So are you two?"

"Are we what?" Jacqueline asked.

"Never mind, it's nothing. I just thought that maybe the two of you had, well you know?"

Jacqueline seemed actually clueless to what Amanda was asking, so Heather rolling her eyes chimed in with, "She was wondering if the two of you had hooked up?"

"Oh, well... No, we're just friends," Jacqueline responded.

Now Amanda was the one who was embarrassed. "Sorry, I didn't realize that you guys were just... Ah, hanging out, I thought maybe there was like more to it or something."

"No! No need to apologize," Jacqueline answered. The words rushed off her tongue a bit too quickly. When the girls gave each other knowing looks, she got a bit nervous.

Jacqueline had been at a bit of a loss as to how to respond to them. She knew that she needed to say something, but had no idea how to. Luckily, she was saved by Natasha entering unexpectedly. She had a bit of a frown on her face.

"Thank god, where the hell have you two been? I've been looking everywhere."

Heather suddenly realized that she had forgotten about Natasha wanting help on her stats class. "Oh shit, sorry girl... I ah, well... Kind of forgot."

"I can see that," Natasha answered with sarcasm.

Turning to her girlfriend, she mouthed something that Jacqueline could not read. "Sorry gals, but it looks like I'm going to have to go help Natasha with some studying," Heather sighed.

"Is that what they call it these days," Amanda mused under her breath.

Heather nudged her in the shoulder with her elbow. "Shut up, you!" The mock anger quickly dissipated and the two of them shared a laugh.

Placing her hands on her knees, Amanda looked over at Jacqueline. Eying her over ever so briefly, she then turned back to her girlfriend, then to Natasha and finally back to Jacqueline.

"I should probably get going too. Maybe I can help the two of you s-t-u-d-y," Amanda chided.

"Not funny," Natasha pouted.

Upon getting up, she was a bit surprised when Amanda placed the palm of her hand on her Jacqueline's leg. Leaning in close, she smiled. Jacqueline felt some tingling in her back.

"We'll talk later," Amanda whispered.

"Okay, yeah, sure," Jacqueline faltered.

The three of them were now up, and beginning to leave when Heather seemed to suddenly remember something. Turning back, she moved back to the sofa and dug underneath a pillow. Retrieving a violet colored bra, she held it up.

"Ah, Amanda honey, you forgot this," Heather remarked.

Holding the bra out at a vertical angle, Jacqueline saw both cups and had to intake a bit of air. It was as if for a brief second she had forgotten how to breathe. Coming over, Amanda reached for it. Grasping onto it, Heather let go and as the three of them walked away she watched as Amanda lifted up her shirt, but thought better of it. Instead, she merely swung the bra over her shoulder and let it hang like someone would a guy would a varsity jacket.

Deciding that she needed to think on tonight, she retired back to her room, and hoped to avoid any more unnecessary distractions. Last night had been hard enough on her.

Back in her bedroom, she had dived onto the bed and had grabbed the remote and flicked on the television. After surfing through the channels for a bit she found that her mind kept drifting back to what was going to happen tonight. She just couldn't seem to put it out of her mind. The less she tried to think about it, the more she did.

Becoming frustrated, she put the television on mute and just fell into a bit of a trance looking past the television and looking at the wall in back. Several minutes later she came out of it and realized that her tee-shirt was now rolled up enough so that the bottom of her bra was showing and her left fingers were tracing her stomach. The thoughts of what Amanda and Heather did when they were alone together had been replaced by what she would like to see happen between her and Jessica.

Finally realizing that she couldn't take anymore, she decided that she needed it. She needed one. Arching her back, she tugged off her shorts. The panties soon followed.