Love's Curse Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As they drew closer to the cargo, the army of Karas watched, waiting for the perfect moment to spring their trap. As they approached, the ringing of swords was heard as they drew their blades. "That's far enough snakes."

Syn froze, his gaze on the humans that now surrounded him. "We did not know thessse were yoursss."

"That was the point reptile. We wanted you here so we could rid the land of another batch of mercenary scum who prey on our lands and comrades. Now drop your weapons or we will fell you where you stand." Karas took another step forwards, the top of his sword under Syn's chin.

Syn issued a series of clicks and hisses. Slowly his warriors lowered their weapons. "We are no longer mercernariesss. I made a choice that will insssure that we will never be hired again."

"Indeed you have snake, because by coming here, you have sealed your fate and will fall by my blade. Have you any last words before I send you back to the hell that spawned you?"

"Yess. General Disssciousss is attempting to kidnap the young female who hasss sssnagged the Beassst'sss attention." Syn stood calmly unafraid of death. He had been bred for war and death was no stranger to him.

Karas paused for a moment, considering the words he had heard. He was unsure if he could trust them, the Reptilia were known as mercenaries and in general mercenaries would say anything to get what they wanted. "And how do I know you aren't saying this just so we release you?"

"May I?" Syn gestured to the pouch he carried.

"If you try to cross me snake I will skin you alive till you die." The sword tip pressed against his throat, pricking the skin.

"No crosss." He reached into the pouch and held up a tuft of fur as well as a piece of a woman's dress.

Karas' eyes narrowed and he leaned in closer to Syn, the sword tip still pressed close. "Very well snake. For this we will let you go, once you tell us when he plans this. But if I see you again. There will be no questioning. Only death."

"He will move on the Beassst in the ssspring. He hasss called in all his alliesss. He wissshesss to rule. And the ressst of usss be damned."

Karas stepped back, lowering his weapon. "Very well. Take your weapons and go. Do not enter these lands again or I will personally use your hide to line my floor." Karas looked to his men a moment, "Pack up the cart well, we must make haste if we are to arrive before winter takes its full grip."

"Good luck." Syn turned to leave but paused. "Beware the female. Ssshe isss more than what ssshe appearsss to be."

Karas nodded only once, keeping his weapon free of its sheath until Syn and his men were out of sight. Sliding his blade home he sighed and rubbed his face with a hand. He could feel the weariness drawing his strength from him, but they needed to continue. They could not fail the Prince Aries once again.

12