Love's Triumph: Deep Affection

Story Info
Genevieve finds love, but is it worth it?
11.2k words
4.73
7.6k
14

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 06/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers

Hello

Here is Genie's Story from LT: Silver Lining. I hope you enjoy. It is self-edited and all characters are above the age of consent. I look forward to hearing what you think. IR2R

Deep Affection

Genevieve stood in the lobby of the busiest clinic in Henson City. She missed her master and friends but Master was insistent that she go out and explore the world. She felt alone because for over two centuries, she stayed close to her mentor, but Master was wise and never wrong.

"Hello, are you the transfer from Winston. We need to get you ready stat." An older lady barked.

Before Genie could reply, she continued. "Come on girly, let's go." She ordered. Genie moved.

Her new supervisor filled her in as she escorted her to the office she was assigned to. It was obvious that her supervisor had very little patience, so Genie refrained from asking questions. Soon she given equipment, and expected to get to work. The clinic moved quickly. It took a few minutes, but Genie fit right in.

"Dr. Scott, your new nurse is here. This is Genevieve Baptiste. She is being assigned to assist you with your patients." Dr. Scott didn't even look up.

"Good, bring me the files on James Davis, and then place him in a room. After that see to any other patients that are waiting." He ordered.

"Yes sir," Genie replied and turned to go do her job. As she walked out, she noticed the other nurses standing around, whispering. She felt strange. As she walked passed, one whispered, "Good luck," and they walked off.

Genie ignored the jab. Not one to engage in gossip, Genie focused on the task at hand.

Dr. Scott exhaled, then he looked in the mirror. He was old. He was much older than anyone here. At first, when he was granted a long life for stopping a heinous murder, he was happy. The gift of immortality was wonderful. Decades flew by and then he saw her. Sia!

Sia was a dancer. Many men wanted her, but she chose him. She was the first woman he fell for instantly and he knew they would have a lifetime together. She came with conditions, but that didn't matter, she was everything he ever dreamed of. They married. Years passed, and she grew older and weaker. They had sixty years of wedded bliss, and then she passed. They had no children. Sadly, he knew he would never father a child, and Sia accepted his infertility. There were no children, and Desmond relocated, and resolved to remain single.

The death of his wife devastated him. After her death, he dreaded being able to live forever. Love was an illusion. It was simply hormones and chemicals that tricked a human into thinking they were connected to another. When that person died, they were left alone and hurting.

Genevieve was so innocent, but he would not allow this attraction to go beyond the surface. Desmond Scott sighed.

"Dr. Scott," Genevieve called. He stood with his back turned. Her voice touched something deep inside of his soul. "Dr. Scott?" She queried.

Genie was puzzled. It was as if he did not acknowledge her. He didn't want to scare the girl, so he refused to face her. He knew the others in the clinic whispered things about him. He was also blunt, and that was why the nurses that were often assigned to him left. Genevieve would leave too. Desmond Scott closed his eyes. Genevieve! he pondered. That was such a beautiful name. Shaking his doldrums, he reminded himself of the job he had to do. She waited, and called his name once more. The sound of his name on her lips awoke a desire deep inside his soul. He clamped it down.

"Dr. Scott, Mr. Davis is in room three, and here is his file." Genevieve insisted, perplexed that he never looked at her. She needed to see his eyes. It was something about this man. He was unique.

"Thank you, Nurse, now take care of the other patients please." He reminded her and she went back to work.

"Ms. Phillips?" Genie called. A very pregnant girl stood. Genie smiled, as the baby moved and her mother stroked her burgeoning middle to calm her.

"Come with me. Can you step on the scale please?" She took her weight, then her vitals.

"Are there any problems or concerns the doctor should know about" Genie asked.

Christine Phillips eyed the new nurse warily. She was different. She'd never seen anyone like her before. When she was younger, her grandmother told her that her family was gifted. They could read spirits. This ladies aura was unlike any she'd ever encountered. It was practically translucent. Her baby kicked once more and she knew. The nurse was more than what she seemed.

"Are you here to take my baby? Why are you here?" She asked.

Genie was stunned. "I'm just a nurse, Ms. Phillips. I'm here to help Dr. Scott." She explained. Christine touched her and genie felt a surge of power. She'd been warned of mediums, but had never met one before today. "I am no threat to you or your little one." She explained and the young mother relaxed

"You're not evil. Your aura is clear." She looked around and exhaled. "People think my family is strange, but we see things. That's why Dr. Scott is the only doctor I trust. Even though they tried to take him," he survived. "Now you're here and I know he will be safe."

Genie froze. "Come with me. Let's move to another room." Christine followed.

Christine was a beautiful girl, really young. Her blond hair was thin, but she could tell that the girl was cared for. She wondered about her family, and a part of her was curious. Dr. Scott walked out with Mr. Davis.

"Nurse, you're not here to daydream. I have patients waiting." He barked, bringing her out of her reverie. Genie saw his entire face for the first time. She smiled, and moved on to the next patient.

Desmond James Scott was a hard man. He wasn't easily liked. He knew the people that worked with him wished he'd leave. Well, he couldn't; he had a reason for being here and until he achieved his goal, he could not move on.

Desmond looked in the mirror on the wall in his private restroom. Blankness stared back. There was nothing left in him that was remotely human. This new nurse, this Genie intrigued him. Something about her made him uneasy. Today was her first day, but by this time tomorrow, he'd know everything about her life.

Someone knocked and Desmond was annoyed.

"Yes!" he barked as the clinic manager, Mrs. Giraud entered.

"So, I see you have a new nurse? What do you think of her?" She asked

"She's a nurse. As long as she does her job, I won't have to think about her." He barked.

"Ah, I see. Well she is special. Don't scare her off." Then she sat. Desmond stared at her.

"What do you want, Mauve?" he demanded.

"I want you to stop pushing everyone away. You need to live, Desmond." She explained,

Desmond walked away from her. He looked out of a window. He sighed, and then the memories returned. He closed his eyes as he relived the memory of his beautiful Sia slipping away. The only one with her was him. He did everything he could, but she just gave up. Desmond closed his eyes. That woman was a part of him. He would never allow himself to be fooled that way again.

At first he grieved, sinking deep into himself. Years passed, and remotely he pursued a medical degree. Eventually, he became a resident, and now a sought after physician. There was only one dark spot, he no longer believed in love. Love was an illusion, a farce. Many of his patients were victims of its folly.

Mauve waited. Like Desmond, she also had gifts. She met Genevieve earlier, and she knew. The girl had a destiny here. Her life would intertwine with the male before her. Desmond would live again. All she had to do was stand back and watch.

"You know what we have been tasked to do. She doesn't belong here. This girl, Genevieve, needs to go. I don't need someone like her around. Send her away, Mauve. Have her reassigned. There are other clinics." Desmond demanded.

Mauve looked at him. Mauve had existed on this plane since the first angel fell. She was a guardian. Much like Sylvester, she had renewed angels under her charge. Desmond was a unique case. His depression over the death of his wife made him susceptible to dark forces. For years, Mauve defended him, and a few years ago, he emerged. He pursued a medical degree. He helped thousands of people. He just did not become involved personally. She knew he needed help, so she reached out to Sylvester. Sylvester came and told her to back off and let him heal. She did, then Sylvester told him he was sending Genevieve. He asked that she look after the girl. Genevieve arrived and Mauve knew. Desmond needed to meet her.

She sighed, "It's time, Desmond. You must let her go."

"Get out! You have no right. Never speak of Sia." The crack in his shield became visible as tears from in his eyes. Mauve pressed on.

"Would she want you living like this? You know you must move on Desmond." Mauve whispered.

"So let me guess, Genevieve will help me, right?" He sneered.

Desmond was over two centuries old. He closed his eyes, willing the memories to fade. Mauve paused. If she answered truthfully, he'd over react. If she did not answer at all, he'd shut down.

"The truth is she's finding her place. She needs you as much as you need her. I'm not saying that you have to marry the girl, but help her on this journey. Help her find her place." Mauve paused. "After all, didn't someone point you in the right direction once?"

Desmond didn't respond at first. Then, he sighed. Mauve smiled; she had him.

She then stood. "I must go Desmond. Think about what I've said." Then she left. As she was walking out Genevieve was entering. Sensing a higher being, the girl bowed immediately.

"Get up child. It's OK. You are welcomed here despite what anyone says." Mauve assured her.

"I'm sorry Mistress; I wanted to check in with Dr. Scott before I file my paper work. I can come back."

"It's alright, Come in Genevieve. We need to finish." Desmond called from the door.

Genie looked up and her heart raced. He was gorgeous. She had never been so intrigued. Mauve smiled and left as Genie entered his office. For a moment, she was embarrassed, wondering what he thought of her bowing before Mauve. Desmond sighed, and dropped his glamour. Their eyes connected and Genie knew exactly what he was.

He knew; he saw recognition dawn in her eyes. Slowly, Genevieve in dropped her glamour as well. and Desmond sat. She was like him. She was an earth angel.

"This changes nothing. We are here to care for these people." Desmond stated.

Genevieve smiled. "Of course. I never thought I'd meet another in the same capacity as I am."

Desmond waited. "How long have you been here?" He asked.

Genevieve sighed, "Longer than I care to admit.

"Well, I wanted to know what else you need me to do before I finish my files?" Genie asked, deciding to stay clear of certain conversations

Desmond nodded and they concluded their day. As the day ended, Genevieve walked to her bus stop. Desmond watched her. She was beautiful; her soul was pure. He wondered for a brief second that if Mauve was right, could he finally have eternity with someone. Shaking his head, he dismissed that thought. Sia was his destiny.

Genevieve boarded her bus, and Desmond drove home.

The next morning, Genie arrived early. Desmond was impressed.

"Good morning Doc Scott, I made coffee. I wasn't sure what you like." Genie greeted him.

Desmond growled, "I don't drink coffee."

Genie smiled, "OK, then more for me." He went into his office and she prepped her cart.

Mauve stopped by and greeted her. "Is grumpy guts in?" She asked. Genie frowned and Mauve liked it. If she felt defensive of him already then that was a good sign.

She entered Desmond's office. "So, you thought about what I said."

Desmond looked at her. "She's an angel. You knew that?" He stated, not really asking.

Mauve smiled. "Yes, she needs to take better care of herself. She gives too much away. Sylvester sent her here to find her own happiness. I think you can help her do that." Mauve explained. "It's your final task, and then I can free you."

Desmond looked at her. "I can leave this plane then. I can join Sia."

Mauve did not answer, because she knew he needed saving just as much as Genevieve. "Just help her."

She walked out and Desmond followed. He watch Genie. She was so compassionate, so caring. This was her second day here, and already he could see that the patient responded to something within her.

The clinic had not yet opened, but the lobby was full. Genie opened the door early and let people in. It was hot out, and she didn't want them waiting in the heat.

Soon everyone checked in and she called his first three patients. His day went smoothly until the last hour. Someone came in and Genie became nervous. Desmond didn't like it so he walked out to see who upset her.

"Patrick, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I heard some good news doc, and wanted to say congrats. But I see you've started celebrating early. Who's the dime piece?" Patrick asked.

Desmond moved, blocking Genie from his vision. "She's off limits. Leave Patrick."

Patrick smiled. "Are you staking a claim Angel. She's fair game. I let you have Sia. But this girl, ummmm! She's just what I've been looking for." He left.

Genevieve felt strange. Dr. Scott and tall, dark, and handsome came out of his office. The man blew her a kiss and she felt her skin crawl. Dr. Scott ordered him out once more and locked the door when he walked out. He took a deep breath. Then he walked over to her. "Listen, from now on I'm driving you home. Don't catch the bus. Where do you live?" he asked. She told him.

Desmond paused, "It's not safe there. Not for our kind. You'll move into my home. It will be an adjustment, but we'll make it work."

"Wait! What?" Genie started to protest when he cut her off.

"A demon wants you. I can't protect you if you are away from me. I won't let him have you, Genie. Let me protect you now." Desmond insisted.

"A demon, what are you talking about?" Genevieve demanded. "I don't have anything to do with those creatures."

"He's one I know. Years ago we fought and I defeated him. Or at least I thought I did. It was a set up, and I never thought I'd have to... Look, he let me win. I won the freedom to marry the love of my life, Sia. She was one of his. He let me have her on a promise. I agreed and we had over sixty years together on this plane. He left me alone until now. You are not human like her. If he corrupts you, your soul will be doomed for all eternity. I will find a way to stop him, but until then I need you with me." Desmond stopped.

"What did you promise him?" Genevieve asked growing suspicious.

Desmond looked away. "I didn't think it would happen. I found Sia and we had a lifetime ahead of us. I didn't really think beyond that moment." He whispered.

"Desmond, what did you promise the demon?" Genie demanded once more.

"I promised him my soul mate. I honestly thought it was a moot point because I had found her in Sia. However, you have been chosen for me. That means until this threat is taken care of, you are under my protection." Desmond stated emphatically.

"Wait just a minute. You made a deal with a demon, and gave away your soul mate. You somehow think I might be her and you expect me to trust you to protect me from him. You know what Dr. Scott, I've met some shady people, but you take the cake. I never thought I'd do this, but I quit. Find a new nurse." Genie stood to walk out.

Someone started applauding, "Ah, little angel, being with me won't be so bad. I can teach you things he never will." She gasped. He was one handsome man. Well over seven feet tall, milk chocolate brown skin, a low fro and a voice a smooth as chocolate. Her body creamed at the sight of him. Desmond moved. Placing his body between Genie and the unexpected guest, he ordered the man to leave.

"Get out. This office is closed and you're trespassing." Desmond declared.

"OK, I'll go." Patrick looked at Genie and smiled. "See you soon beautiful." Then he left. Genie was stunned, staring at the door.

"No, no, no! There is no way I will allow this." Desmond declared. "He is a demon. He is evil personified. No wife of mine will lust after a bastard like that."

"Wife!? Really Desmond? When did I become your wife? You just told me you gave your wife to a demon. Excuse me for not falling for your "He-Man" routine." But you can back up and leave me alone." Genie exhaled. "I'll be by to clear out my locker tomorrow. Stay away from me." Then she walked away from him.

Patrick stood in the shadows watching the events unfold. He smiled. Trouble in paradise, he chuckled. She was amazing. Desmond was a fool. He was so blinded by his love for Sia that he failed to realize that she was a mere mortal. Humans died. But this beauty would have spent eternity with him. Sadly for Desmond, he would never indulge in this sweet little angels gifts. He then vanished and went on his way.

Desmond walked away from her. "Ug!" he sighed loudly. Women never listen. Why can't she be like Sia? Sia did everything I told her too. He lamented.

Sia is gone, Desmond. Let her rest. You must learn to live now. Maude sent, entering his thoughts.

Stop it, Maude. Stay out of my thoughts. He ordered smiling. She meant well.

Genevieve stood and grabbed her bag. She didn't know what sick games these men were playing, but she was leaving.

"Genevieve, stop, I meant no harm. It's just that my wife died and I've never had to look out for someone since her. You are in danger, and I want to protect you." He explained calmly.

She turned to face him. "Your wife was human. I'm not. I've existed on this plane for over two centuries, and I have not needed a protector. I don't need one now. Good night, Dr. Scott." She then opened the door to leave.

He knew. It was an instant flash. His heart pounded, blood rushed through his body. He needed to protect her. She was his other half and he would find a way to keep her safe. Desmond was floored. Patrick would harm her if he got to her. He had to think of something quick.

*****

"Genevieve, let me give you a ride home." Patrick offered walking up to her as she neared her bus stop.

Genie looked at him. He was handsome. Several women were staring at him. He knew it as he smiled a smug smile.

"No, thank you. I'll take the bus, Mr.." She paused.

"Patrick Wize." He answered smugly.

"Well, thanks and no thanks. Good bye, Mr. Wize." She walked off.

Desmond watched, terrified as Patrick approached her. He stood and headed to the parking lot, when he saw her walk away.

Demons, Oh God, what do I do?" she questioned. Closing her eyes, she prayed for guidance. An old lady sat across from her and when Genie opened her eyes she spoke.

"Girl, we like bad boys. Even when we know they are no good. I saw you with that young man. He is trouble with a capital T. Have a fling with him to get him out of your system. You don't have to marry him." She suggested. Then she laughed and started reading her magazine.

Genie stared at her. She looked out of the window of the bus and saw Patrick sitting in his car. He was handsome, but he was a demon. Demons never did anything good. The bus drove off. Desmond walked out of his office and saw Patrick sitting. He knew. Patrick was going to pursue her. He wanted Genie. Desmond grew angry. He would not have her. It was time to plan.

Patrick sensed the change in Desmond. He smiled. Bring it little angel. You won't win this time either. Unlike Sia, she is worth fighting for. He thought.

Genie exited at her stop. As she walked to her small apartment, Desmond was waiting at the door.

"Don't quit. I'll back off, but Genie, please be careful around him. He does things and he will trick you. If he ever tries anything call me." He added.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers