Loving My Best Friend's Dad Ch. 01

Story Info
Erin moves to California and meets her best friend's dad.
3.9k words
4.43
65k
90

Part 1 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/29/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is an introduction to a multi-part story I have planned. There is no sex or romance as of yet. But the story will have a romance theme as it continues. Bear with me as I go, as this part is simply an opening to give you an idea of where I am going. The next part might be a little more and will continue to build up as more parts are released. I hope you all enjoy. Thank you.

-Nightchild27

*****

I shoved the last box into the back of my Jeep before brushing my hands together and smiling. Finally got everything packed for the next year. My first time away from home and I was both excited and nervous for this new adventure. I had never been to far outside Omaha, Nebraska before. I knew it was going to be tough, college in a different state, but my best friend, Ashley was going to be there with me. We met in first grade, she had just moved into town with her mom from Los Angeles, California. We discovered we both were kids of single moms and stuck together ever since. Now here we were ready to go to UCLA together! Ashley was already there, she spent every summer there with her dad who lived in the area. So, this was going to be a solo trip out there for me. We were going to be staying with her dad, who stated he had more than enough room for us to stay. Given the price of dorms there, we were more than happy to take free housing.

"Erin!" My mom came running out of the house with a small cooler in her hand. I felt bad leaving her behind, she had never been alone before. It was always me and her, now it was just her. I made Ashley's' mom promise to take care of her and call me if she needed anything. I worried but mom said she didn't. She was going to "party" without us kids around.

"Mom, I told you I would be fine and pick up food along the way." I told her as I closed the back of my Jeep and took the cooler from her. I moved to the passenger side and opened the door, placing the cooler on the floor.

"I am not letting my baby waste her money on fast food the whole way to California. What if you get stranded somewhere and need food?" She asked with a worried look on her face as she followed me around the vehicle. I had to promise to call her every few hours to keep her calm. She originally tried to have me agree to call hourly and I told her that was too much. We came to a compromise. Text hourly and call every few hours.

"Thank you, mom." I said as I peeked inside the cooler to find my favorite pop, water, snacks, and a few sandwiches were nestled inside with ice around it to keep it cool. It wasn't enough to last the whole 36 hours it would take to get there but it was enough to cover me for a while.

"You're welcome. You better get going if you're going to make it there on time. Ashley's mom said that Ashley's dad is expecting you before dark tomorrow. Don't drive tired, if you need to stop and break just text all of us so we know you'll be there later than expected and are safe. I want to know the minute you get there." She kept talking as I hugged her tightly and gave her a kiss on the cheek, a lump building in my throat because I didn't want to leave her. She held me close as she finished speaking "And enjoy the next few weeks before school starts. I hear California is beautiful."

"I will, to all of it. I'll call you as we agreed and enjoy my time there. It's only a few months until break. I'll be back for the holidays." I gave her one last squeeze before turning to get into my Jeep and turned it on. I pull out of our drive way, waving goodbye and hitting the go button on my GPS. California here I come!

----36 hours later----

I hope this is it, I thought to myself as I pulled into a drive way blocked off by a gate. From outside the gate I could tell this was a huge house. It was bigger than my house and yard back home. Geez, was Ashley's dad rich or what? I have only met the man once, that was at Ashley's sweet 16 birthday party, he seemed down to earth and quiet... this is not what I would have expected. Well you know what they say, don't judge a book by the cover. I guess his IT company is making more than Ashley said. I picked up my cell phone and hit contacts to look for my best friend's number, hit send upon finding it. I stepped out of the vehicle with the phone to my ear, listening to it ring as I looked around for a button to get in or something. This is going to take some getting used to if this is the place.

"Hey Erin. Are you here yet?!" Ashley's voice boomed over the phone.

"Uh I'm not sure." I answered uncertain, pulling the phone away from my ear and turning the volume down. "I'm at a gate and the number on it matches the address you gave me."

"Oh! Let me come there. Give me a minute." She hung up before I could reply.

Alright, so I guess I'll just wait. I walked toward the gate and peered though it at the front yard. Nice dark green grass, flowers lined the outside of the house. It looked like almost every room on the second floor had a balcony attached to them so you could overlook the yard. The house itself was a light tan bricked home, the wall lining the outside the property seemed to match. The gate was like thick iron, woven into a design that looked like vines.

Suddenly the front door to the house opened and my best friend appeared, she started to run when she saw it was really me.

"You're here! You made it!" Ashley opened the gate and pulled me into a hug while jumping up and down. After a minute, we broke apart. I looked at her. It had been two months since we graduated high school and she left. She still looked amazing at 5'5", sun kissed skin, long blond hair, hazel eyes, average build with boobs and butt that fit her figure. She was, as some guys have told her, a knock out. She never believed any of them and like most women, found flaws in every part of her body. She was wearing workout shorts and oversized tee. Given it was almost 9 p.m. in this time zone, she was in for the night it seemed.

I, on the other hand, did not have guys calling me a knock out. I would say I'm average when it comes to appearances. I stopped growing in middle school when I reached 5 foot, I had brown hair and eyes, my body I would say is average, I had a small bit of pudge in the stomach but nothing I'd complain too much about, the boob fairy finally showed up and gave my breasts a small tap during high school, they were not big but I was ecstatic when I bought a real bra and had cleavage, and last but not least my favorite part of my body was my butt, it's perfect and suits my body well. If you're a butt person, you'd love it. Overall I would say I look like your typical girl next door.

"So is there a certain place I am supposed to park?" I asked, wanting to relax in a comfortable place other than a Jeep and the hole in the wall hotel I stayed at long enough to catch a few hours of sleep before hitting the road again. Ashley's face turned into a shocked look as she realized she hadn't invited me in and we were still standing outside the gate.

"Oh crap! Yes! Dad has a garage around the side, just follow the drive way and there is a garage. He cleared a spot for you. Here I'll hop in and show you." She hopped into the passenger side, moving things out of the way and sitting crossed legged since the foot space was taken up. I got in and turned the Jeep over before following her directions.

"Is your dad here? We might need some help moving the stuff in? Also, any food? I'm starving!" I looked to her as I pulled into the open section in the garage, it fit four cars.

"Dad is still at work. He wanted to be here when you arrived since he hasn't seen you in years but work calls. I can order a pizza. Dominoes still good to you?" She asked. We got out and headed into the house though a door that attached them. She picked up her phone and found the Dominoes app and began to order our usual load of food. We loved to eat. Any time we are together there is food between us. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I walked in, maybe fancy and expensive stuff, but the everything appeared simple. It had everything your basic house hold had, a kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, two public bathrooms, two private bathrooms, and four bedrooms. Every room appeared bigger than the last. I couldn't wait to get to my room.

Ashley and I laughed and caught up with each other as she showed me around. She showed me her bedroom which was perfect for her with pinkish walls and a canopy bed with curtains. She had a small entertainment center with a TV and DVD player. There were two Lovesac bags in front of it. In the corner of the room was a desk piled with school books and papers she had picked up for classes already. Her closet was another room all by itself, loaded with everything she needed. Ashley took me through another door, it led to a bathroom with two sinks, toilet, vanity, and a roomy stand up shower. If I had to guess you could probably fit a few people in it.

"The bathroom connects our rooms. So, if we need each other we can just walk through here. But I made dad put locks on both doors for privacy. You ready to see your room? Dad said if you want to change anything let him know. Oh, and pick a paint color. I said purple should work but he wanted to ask you first. Like I don't know my best friends favorite color." She rolled her eyes and headed through the door on the opposite side of the bathroom.

My bedroom was like hers only with white walls. I had a canopy bed with white sheets and cover but without curtains around the top, there was a small entertainment center with a flat screen and DVD player, and a desk in the corner. Ashley lead me to my closet which I could have lived out of. Everything I had would fit in it. I think I'm going to enjoy this while it lasted. I hugged Ashley and thanked her for letting me stay with her and her dad for the next four years. I was feeling very lucky and maybe a little overwhelmed with the size of it all but it would be nice.

After catching up some more in her room with music playing while we inhaled pizza and cinnasticks, we decided it was time to turn in. Ashley and I planned to move my stuff into my room in the morning with the hopes her dad would be home to help, otherwise we would have to hunt down a strong male as Ashley put it with a wink. I walked to my new room, changed into an oversize shirt Ashley loaned me, and crawled under the thick warm blankets before falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing wildly, I caught it before it fell off the nightstand next to the bed. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to make out the name on the screen. It stopped buzzing before I could answer. The screen changed to tell me I had received 20 calls and 40 texts all from "MOM". Well shit, I thought to myself as I realized I had forgotten to call my mom last night. Ugh, damn it. I prepared myself for her either crying or screaming over the phone. I peered at the time and it was now 8 a.m., California time...that means it is 10 a.m. in Omaha. She must be worried sick by now. Sitting up and hit the dial button for mom and listened to it ring.

"Erin Richardson, you are in so much trouble!" My mom yelled over the phone at me. Wow, not even a good morning or anything. I really must have had her worried.

"I'm sorry, mom. I got here and totally spaced on calling you." I replied in hopes of calming her down a bit.

"Sorry?! I have been trying to not only call you, but Ashley and her father as well. No one is answering. Is anyone there with you? Are you sure you're in the right place? Where are you?!" She asked with worry in her voice but I could still imagine her standing in the middle of the living room with her arm waving in anger.

"I am at Ashley's dad's house. I do not know why no one is answering your calls, but mom, it is 8 in the morning here. I know Ashley doesn't wake up that early and her dad worked all night so maybe he is sleeping?" I answered, I got up and walked through the bathroom into Ashley's room. Yeah, she was sprawled out on her bed. I grabbed a pair of her workout shorts from her dresser and put them on. "I'm going to downstairs and see if

Mr. Anderson's car is here. Ashley is sleeping still."

"Alright, as long as you're safe, Erin. I just worry. I haven't got to party yet because I had to make sure you arrived there safely" she joked. I smiled as she began to ask questions about the place and what it was like. Like me, she had only met Ashley's dad once but most likely knew enough about him from Ashley's mom. I told everything I could, she ohh'd and ahh'd as I described the house.

I walked into the kitchen to find a shirtless man in loose pajama bottoms making what looked like pancakes. I stopped and stared at him as mom talked about things going on back home. He had smooth skin with freckles here and there on his back, dark hair sprouted up in random places on his upper back. His short dark brown hair looked disheveled, as if he had just rolled out of bed, sticking up in odd places. I cleared my throat, not knowing who this person was or even how to get his attention, it seemed the best way to state my presence in the room. The man jumped and turned around, nearly knocking the pan off the stove. I took a breath in and my eyebrows popped up in surprise. Holy hell, this man was good looking! He had a small stubbly beard, wired glasses over his dark brown eyes, short hairs crossed his chest and lead down into his pajamas in a happy trail fashion. While he was not muscular he was slim and very very tall. If I had to guess he would have to be around 6 feet tall. His eyes widened in surprise at seeing me and then smiled as if he knew who I was.

"Erin?" He questioned. I nodded in response before he asked if I knew who he was. I shook my head. "I'm Ashley's dad."

"Erin? Erin?" I heard my mom calling my name over the phone. I pointed at the phone and mouthed 'mom', he seemed to understand and turned to continue making pancakes.

"Oh. Uh. Mom, Mr. Anderson is here. He is making breakfast. Sorry, I got um...distracted?" I told her and looked at Mr. Anderson, but his back was to me. He turned around just as she asked to speak to him.

"My mom wants to talk to you." I told him as I held over my phone. He cleaned his hands on a towel before taking it. I took a seat on the barstool at the island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. I watched as Mr. Anderson chatted on the phone with my mom and moved about the kitchen, grabbing things to make what looked like scrambled eggs. I was having a hard time believing that was Ashley's dad. Granted I barely paid attention to him when I met him a few years ago, but damn. Now I just weirded out. How many girls out there thought their best friend dad attractive? I don't think I've ever noticed an older man before. My brain wasn't helping me distract myself as it kept wondering about where the happy trail would lead to or how cute his butt looked in the pj pants. I must have drifted into dreamland while I was thinking of him more naked because next thing I knew Mr. Anderson was waving his hand in front of my face. I shook my head and came back to reality.

"Your mom just wants to make sure your stay is comfortable and I help with moving your stuff. She said to call her later because I told her I am about to feed you breakfast." He handed me my phone and indicated to my plate which he must have filled while I was day dreaming.

"Thank you." I responded. I really had no idea what else to say. He was a sexy stranger to me who also happened to be Ashley's dad. Yes, I'm going to keep reminding myself he is her dad because this cannot get any weirder.

"I want to apologize for not being here when you arrived last night. I had every intention of making sure we got you settled in properly but it seems my employees can't handle a few hours alone without something going wrong. I had to go into the office. But today, I have turned my work phone off and told everyone I would not be available. We should get you settled and make sure you are comfortable. Is that okay? If I am going overboard, let me know, I am not used to having guests in my home other than my daughter." He leaned against the counter with his forearms crossed across from me, he picked up a fork and started to eat his breakfast.

"It's okay, I understand you run your own company. It must take up a lot of time. Ashley and I could use the help with getting my stuff in. We figured if you weren't home, we'd have to pick up a hot guy to help us." I smiled as I took a bite of my food and watched him raise his eyebrows.

"A hot guy huh? I am pretty sure a beautiful girl like you wouldn't have trouble with that." He winked at me, "But I think I'd rather help, I am not sure any guy around here would be happy to just help you move, but would want more. This is California, hun, a whole new world compared to Omaha from what Ashley tells me. "

I don't know what it was, the wink, him basically saying I am beautiful, or calling me hun...but my stomach felt like little butterflies were coming to life inside of it. His smile didn't help much either, such an amazing smile that reached his eyes.

"Well Mr. Anderson, I don't think I would bring in a guy I've never met. Ashley has much more luck in that department...getting guys attention, I mean. Not bringing home random guys." I quickly added in the last bit as he looked surprised, I didn't want him thinking his daughter was a whore, she wasn't at all. "And this place is completely different from home, but I feel I will settle in nicely. Thank you for allowing me to stay here. I am very grateful since I know we don't know each other much."

"We will get to know each other over time. You're welcome here anytime, even when you're done with school. You two have been friends forever, I would never not allow you here. Did Ashley give you the grand tour?" He asked finishing his breakfast and placing the dishes in the sink.

"She showed around the house, it was dark so I didn't get to see the back yard. She mentioned that there is an inground pool and small pool house?" I handed him my empty dish when he offered to take it.

"Why don't you come with me and I can give you the grand tour of the back yard?" He offered, he held his hand out to me. I took it and got down from the bar stool. He showed me how to get to the back yard and to the pool, which had a small hot tub attached to the end of it. He explained that he could heat the whole pool if needed but had never done it before, my mind immediately went to skinny dipping in the warm water and goosebumps rose up on my arms. I hope he didn't notice since he hadn't let go of my hand. I wondered if this would be considered odd to others if they could see. He guided me to the pool house which was like a small home with a mini kitchen and seating area. There was a small room off to the side of the house where pool supplies and floatation devices were stored. He pointed out that the doors to the house could easily open wider and everything would be exposed to the pool.

"I cleaned the pool when I got home in case you girls would like to relax and swim today. Maybe after we get your stuff moved in?" He asked.

"Maybe. It would be a nice way to relax, but I didn't pack a bathing suit." I told him. He looked down at me, it felt like his eyes just skimmed over my body, I was still wearing an oversize shirt, not sure he could imagine me much. My felt my face warm and looked away.

"I'm sure that can be taken care of." He told me. I wasn't sure what exactly he meant by that. Was it an innocent or dirty comment? No...he was probably just being nice to me and trying to make me feel at home. "Why don't we wake Ashley and get your stuff into your room. Better to do it now, if we wait, Ashley wont wake up until late afternoon if we let her."

"Uh sure." I said at the slight change of topic. He let go of my hand and walked back to the house.

12