Loving the Librarian Ch. 01

Story Info
Short story about young man in love with older woman.
2.4k words
4.22
19.1k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
av_roe
av_roe
2 Followers

Chapter 1: Erin

I answered the phone when I recognized my daughter's number in the caller ID display, distraught no doubt.

"Mom! Daddy's going to marry that bimbo."

I paused a moment, hoping the tension would ease a bit if I appeared thoughtful. "Yes, Liz, darling. I saw the wedding announcement in the Society Section." My ex was a high ranking member of the San Diego social scene now, and I'm sure his fiancé's family was proud to announce the wedding of their young daughter to the renowned Dr. Selkirk.

"I received a wedding invitation. What am I going to do? I don't like being around that tramp."

"I guess you'll have to consider whether you can support your father at this point in time, dear. Remember, this isn't about you. Try and separate your emotions from the reality of the situation. He has chosen to marry this wom..., girl." She was a girl. Barely 21, all curves, voluptuous, sexy, clothes horse, pedigree, family money. What more could a guy ask for? Particularly when he had clawed his way up from the middle class to fame as a biochemist doing big pharma's bidding. The fact he had an affair with her while he was married to me and was old enough to be her father had no bearing. I had suspected the affair, one among many. I'm pretty sure he started banging his pretty graduate assistants about the time our second child was born, and he'd just received his Ph.D. and secured a tenure-track appointment at UC San Diego.

Brian Selkirk and I had begun dating in our freshman year at an Ivy League school on the East coast. I was young, horny and naive. He was rather dashing, rugged, athletic and bright and we were in bed before you knew it. We never discussed who was responsible for birth control. Communication about sex wasn't our strong suit, and soon I was pregnant. We did love each other, so we got married, but still managed to get our degrees. We both worked part-time through our undergraduate years and I received my Library Science degree, and he received his degree in biology. I became a research librarian, and he became a perpetual student. Luckily, he was very bright and between scholarships, grants, stipends and my working, we managed through his arduous years of graduate study. Along the way, we had a son, Toby. Most summers, Brian got fellowships at pharmaceutical companies which were tailored to his graduate research and his doctoral thesis. By the time he became a professor and researcher at UC San Diego, he was bought and paid for by his corporate sponsors.

"Lizzy, just remember he's your father. He loves you no matter how our marriage turned out. You should be there for him, even if you disapprove of her. He will be in your life even if he isn't in mine. Look at the long term. You will want him at your wedding. He will be a part of your children's lives, just as I will. You don't divorce your father.

"By the way young lady, tell me how your relationship with your new beau, Jake, is progressing."

"I believe he's the one, Mom. We're in a comfortable relationship now. Over the puppy dog stage, gotten beyond being mere friends. It has a pleasant rhythm. He's so attentive and thoughtful."

"Well, if you kids bump it up to the next level, I hope you'll ensure the communication channels are static free. I trust you can talk to each other about anything, especially in the heart and sex departments."

"Eeeuw, Mom. Do we have to go there?"

"Yes, I think it's important to go there. Your dad and I, plus the schools, gave you the basics of sex and reproduction, but none of that covers affairs of the heart. I would just like to remind you, young lady, the heart knows no bounds. Witness your father's amorous journey." I didn't tell her about my amorous paths. "The only way to understand where your relationship is really going is to communicate. Don't take anything for granted.

"OK, that's my spiel. Carry on."

"Don't worry, Mom. Jake and I do pretty good in the oral department."

The tiny gulp at the end of Lizzy's statement, when she realized her Freudian slip, told me their relationship had progressed to the next level.

"Good girl." I meant that in more ways than one. "Please support your father. Take Jake along and have a great time at his extravagant wedding. After all the wedding bash is at the Hotel Del Coronado. Ought to be some great French bubbly there."

"OK, Mom. Talk again soon. Love you."

"Love you too, Lizzy. Bye."

* * *

When I confronted Brian about having an affair, he didn't deny it. He merely indicated he was in love with the "girl" and asked for a divorce. Since the kids were on their own, I didn't put up much resistance after asking if he thought counseling could save our marriage. I still loved him. Since he didn't believe it could, we parted on pretty good terms. I kept the house in La Jolla, and I'm receiving a bit of alimony for a few years since his salary was much greater than mine. Luckily, once his career was secure and the children were in school, I took an advanced degree in Library Science with an emphasis on research and obtained a position in the UCSD library system. The pay was good, and the benefits were excellent.

Even though I could afford to maintain our house overlooking the ocean, I decided to take in a boarder. I'm used to having young people around, and I got lonely after the children went out on their own and Brian moved out. Living in a university town, there were always students looking for a room.

When I was young, before dating boys, I had some innocent liaisons with girls. Started at a summer camp when I was in my Junior High years. Some of the girls were hot and heavy or were trying to seduce boys, but I met one cute, smart, rather shy girl that became my best friend while we were at camp. We had the same interests and could talk easily. Watching and hearing what the other girls were doing, we decided some intimate exploration was in order. We didn't actually know what we were doing so it was pretty innocent. Kissing and petting were the extent of our exploration. Neither one of us got off or got the other off. In fact, we really didn't understand what getting off was all about. Getting off with a girl didn't come until college because high school was all about boys.

Just before I met Brian in college, an older co-ed approached me in a study group and invited me to join her at several non-study events. We went for coffee and went to a couple of concerts and movies together. In fact, one evening she proposed we go on a real date: dinner and a play. She came by to pick me up at my apartment dressed pretty much as a guy, pressed pants, white dress shirt, thin tie, and vest. I was dressed nicely in an evening gown. We were a striking couple quite frankly and I actually felt a little sexual twitter when I opened the door and laid eyes on her. Definitely had an inkling how the evening was going to turn out.

On the way home, she took my hand as we walked across campus. It was dark, so I doubt anyone noticed us and I didn't dissuade her. When we got back to her housing, she asked me up to her room. Standing at the door before entering the house, she put her arms around my waist and pulled me close and kissed me. I didn't hesitate. It felt good. Reminded me of summer camp. We went up to her room, and I learned how two women can take pleasure in each other, and I stayed overnight.

We had a few more dates after that. I enjoyed her company, and I think she enjoyed mine. I knew she had other lovers and she knew I was more hetero than bi, so after the semester ended and the study group broke up, we stopped seeing each other. At about that time I met Brian, and the rest, as they say, is history.

* * *

About two months before the breakup of my marriage, when I sensed something was seriously wrong, Danika walked into my life. Since conjugal bliss had faded to about one roll in the sack per month with the lights out, I was pretty sure Brian was finding satisfaction elsewhere. Sex was never spontaneous anymore, and I had to initiate it every time.

She caused a flutter in my nether regions when she approached the research desk. Tall, wispy, mesmerizing gaze, young and lovely, wicked smile and a lovely voice. For the first time in my life, I wanted a woman to make passionate love to me and I knew I was going to initiate it.

"Good morning, Ms. ..." she paused as she read my I.D. badge. "Fylan-Selkirk. What a charming name. I'm Danika." Her voice was musical, colored with a slight Nordic accent; Abba immediately came to mind. She flashed a warm, inviting smile and a gaze I interpreted to mean I would like to get to know you better. Perhaps I was misinterpreting it, being in a rather horny state from a fizzling marriage. "I'm a new graduate student in the Performing Arts department and will be doing quite a lot of research on my Masters thesis. I wanted to get familiar with the library system on this campus."

"Welcome, Danika. I'd be glad to assist in you finding your way through our rat maze. We have a booklet, and of course, everything is online too. Research requests into closed stacks can be handled through me." I definitely wanted her to go through me thoroughly. "Let me give you an overview of the library system and a tour of our main library here. There are satellite libraries and departmental libraries all across campus, and you have access to libraries at other institutions online."

I slid a copy of our Library Guide across the desk, and she placed her hand partially on mine as she grasped the copy. There was a hesitation before she took the book and we stared into each others eyes, connecting libidos I'm sure. Her touch gave me a pleasant tingle.

In the coming weeks, we became friends as I helped her with her research requests and located material she needed. As my marriage spiraled out of control and Brian left our house, I asked Danika out for coffee when she had a break in her research. I learned music and dance were her life, and I divulged that I did a bit of ballet when I was younger. We exchanged life histories and found out we had a number of things in common and enjoyed each other's company.

A few weeks after the breakup, I summoned the courage to ask Danika out on a date. And I was specific about it. It would be a date that I hoped would lead to some kind of intimate relationship. She agreed to go on a date without hesitation, and we had a pleasant dinner and I took her to a chick-flick. As soon as we departed the theater, I asked her to come home with me and spend the night.

Waking up the next morning, I was spooning her lovely body. I kissed her shoulder and fondled a pert, firm breast which I had savored the night before. She rolled into my arms, and I immediately caressed my hand down to her smooth, wet lips and began to finger her hardening clit. After nibbling my way down her dance toned torso, once again sucking her nipples into my mouth and raking them with my tongue until she moaned, I proceeded to eat her to a writhing orgasm.

"Jeez, Erin. You're a sexual wet dream come true."

"As my son would say, Danika, you're a stone fox. I'm very attracted to you. You taste delightful, and I enjoy your company. You're a kick to be around. It's truly a joy for this old lady to be able to spend time with you. Not sure why you're attracted to me, but I'm thankful you are."

"Are you kidding me, Erin? You're subtly hot. I felt it the moment I looked into your eyes and touched your hand. Do you remember the day?"

"Of course. I wanted you the moment you approached the Research Desk. All I could think about was disrobing you and nibbling you all over."

"Well, don't shortchange yourself, Darling. Your age means nothing to me. I treasure your company. Your bright, warm, funny and I'd love to spend more time in your arms and in your bed."

"Excellent, because I want to spend more time with you. I hope you'll shower with me while the coffee is brewing. Or do you take tea?"

"Throw the tea kettle on and drag me to the shower, my Lib-Mistress. And I hope you'll have your way with me." That was the first time she called me Lib and it stuck. From then on, she rarely called me Erin when we were being intimate. I became Lib to her, and I liked the affectionate nickname; think it fit me as a mature sexy librarian.

We spent the morning together, made breakfast together after lathering each other to mutual orgasms and sat on the deck overlooking the Pacific and chatted. We agreed to spend more time together, without strings attached. See where life took us. When the semester ended, I asked Danika to move in after we agreed we were each free to cultivate other relationships. She moved in when her lease expired, and if anything, our bonds grew stronger. Being a young beauty, she attracted other lovers, but she brought them around, and it was nice to meet new people. Also fulfilled one of my kinky fantasies, a steamy ménage à trois.

I was quite satisfied with my life at this stage. After the sad breakup of my marriage, I had a warm, loving relationship and a satisfying sex life. Of course, I did miss having a man stretch me and fill me. Danika was an incredible lover, but she didn't have a penis. Little did I know that my life was about to become even more sexually fulfilling.

av_roe
av_roe
2 Followers