Luna's Love Life Ch. 01

Story Info
Must two life-long girlfriends be parted?
2.1k words
3.54
16.9k
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Luna's Love Life Ch. 01: Changes

*Author's note [for ch. 01 only]: Luna Anderson, 18-year-old national champion of freestyle Kung Fu for women, is a bisexual brunette unhappily in love with the girl she's grown up with almost as a sister in Kalispell, Montana: blond and busty Tina Olsen. The story as presented here begins in 1999 and will chronicle the next many years of Luna's life and her male and (mostly) female lovers. There is a lot of build-up before things get explicit, in order to make the erotic content feel all the more meaningful and heart-felt. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! And please send me feedback if you have any comments. And please vote if you like what you read!*

===========

Friday, month of June. Just before noon the phone in my room rings. I don't hear it, since I'm going through a number of Kung Fu waza (freestyle kata; personalized techniques) in the garden, polishing my jeet kune do. Mom gets the phone and yells at me, "Phone, dear! It's Tina!"

I power down, letting my muscles relax and the adrenaline subside. It takes all of three seconds. I turn around and leap onto the porch and up the stairs to my room. As I grab the phone, I hear my best friend Tina scream in my ear, "Eeeeee, *Luuuna*, I did it!! I won the National Merit Scholarship!!! I'm going to UCLA!!!"

This is great news! I enthusiastically join in. "Eeeee, Teeena, that's so *great*!! I can't believe it! Your I.Q. must be off the scale, girlfriend!"

"Betcha! Hey, you coming over to celebrate tonight? My dad is pulling out all the stops for *this* party!"

"Of course! Yeah! You can't keep me away! When should I show?"

"The others will arrive about five - we're having the greatest barbecue garden party you ever saw! You come over a bit sooner, okay? Like, around four."

"Okay, I will. And Tina - congratulations! I can't *believe* it!!"

"I know!! It's so amazing! But, I gotta go - we'll talk soon! See ya!"

"Yeah, bye!"

Hoo-boy... So she actually did it! To be entirely honest, I didn't think she would. Granted, she's a member of Mensa - as am I -, but... the National Merit Scholarship! That's the most prestigious scholarship in the country! It pays not only for the education, but for lodging and books, and allowance money on top of that!

Nope, I did *not* expect Tina to win that. Especially since I always considered myself more intelligent than her, even if I'm not very interested in subjects like math and physics (which mean a lot in the NMS test).

Oh, well. While I didn't expect it to happen to her, it sure couldn't have happened to a more deserving person! God, I'm so happy for her! I wonder why I never realized she was such a genius!

I guess the intellectual level of the people we associate with (each other especially!) must simply be that much higher than the average! And now Tina has earned the fullest opportunity to put those mental skills of her to use. She's going to UCLA. California.

Whereas I, who never could discipline myself enough to attain any *really* great test scores, stand before nothing but common college in Helena, Montana. Ugh. Helena is the single most boring city in the world - except possibly Bozeman! Yuck.

And, if Tina and I get separated like this, I really fear for the future of our friendship. Hmmm. I've gotta do something. Something independent. I've been longing to move away from home for more than a year now. I ought to put thought into action, I really ought.

Four o'clock slowly rolls around, and I find myself at Tina's place. I walk around the house straight to the garden, where Tina's mother and a couple of her cousins are setting up the barbecue gear. They say hello, and smile like they just won a million dollars in the lottery. I smile back and go inside the house to find Tina. She's up in her first-floor room.

"Oh, Luna!" she exclaims as soon as she sees me, and throws her arms around my neck. We hug forcefully and kiss each other on the cheek. Tina is still so moved by her fantastic NMS test result she received in the mail this morning, and the as yet unspoken implication that it will probably spirit us a couple of thousand miles away from each other once college begins, that she doesn't let go of me for several minutes.

As we stand there hugging, pressing our soft bodies close to each other, I involuntarily feel a slight jolt in my clitoris. I have reacted like this to Tina's well-curved body for years (especially during the numerous showers we've taken together, both in the gym and at home), but although I feel a certain arousal, I never act on it. I may be bisexual, but I don't think Tina is, and I hate to think of what it could do to our friendship if I got "fresh" with her.

We've known each other since grade school, and, both of us being an only child, Tina's the sister I never had, and vice versa. She's hands down the best friend I've ever had, and one of the only really close ones, too. If I were to lose her, I don't know what I'd do.

Tina presently takes me back down the stairs and out into the garden, holding my hand. In the far side of it, we can sit on the garden hammock and talk undisturbed. First we simply gaze compassionately into each other's eyes. Ordinarily, we would start a serious conversation with some small talk, and joke around a bit, but this is beyond that.

Tina says, with a lump in her throat and messy strands of blond hair obscuring my view of her face, "If... If I could have anything I wanted right now, I would wish for the scholarship to include both of us."

"Oh, Tina!" I say, and we hug again for a long while, tears in our eyes. It feels so much like love.

I make my final decision then and there. In a low voice, I speak into her ear, my chin resting on her shoulder, our hands stroking each other's backs.

"Listen, Tina... I won't be going to Helena."

She stops moving her hands, lifts her face and looks straight into my brown eyes. Her expression is one of caution and disbelief - Am I joking?

"What? What do you mean...?"

I answer her in a clear and resolute voice. She knows I'm serious.

"I've decided to take a premature sabbatical year. College will still be there next year, or the year after. Also, I'm moving away from home. I need to get out on my own. I'm thinking about taking up residence in... California?" I say the last bit with a casual air, concluding with a knowing smile. Tina's face lits up for a second, then gets serious again.

"Luna!! Do you really think you should?!" she says in a very low voice.

"Yep."

Tina isn't as convinced that this is the right thing for me to do as I am, though. She says in a harsh, motherly voice that is almost a whisper, "Aren't you worried you'll be throwing away an opportunity?!"

"Look, girl, the college in Helena is nothing special. In fact it's so ordinary and average that I get nauseous just thinking about it! I'll do at least as well trying to get into better and more prestigious colleges elsewhere. There is a world outside Montana, and I want to be a part of it! My mind is made up. I'm going to California!"

Tina still isn't convinced. She says, "Well, I don't want to talk you *out* of it - but I just want to be sure you know what you're doing. I think sometimes you can be a little rash..."

"That's because I'm usually totally *unrash*!" I nearly yell. "Sometimes you just gotta pull yourself together and take the steps that'll make a difference in your life! I am, frankly, sick and tired of Montana!"

She calms me down a bit by holding both my hands. I look tenderly into her blue eyes.

"And - you know, I'd just hate to be two thousand miles away from *you*." At this, we once again hug and let out our tears. How can two people love each other this much...?

Tina makes a decision of her own. "We need to talk this through, girlfriend. Wait a minute." She gets up and goes into the house, and comes back out with her father in tow.

"Dad, Luna and I need some time alone to talk. Would you mind if we took the Bronco and drove up to Columbia Falls for the weekend? We could leave after the party tonight..."

"What! You mean, two young girls camping alone for a whole weekend?! Why, you could meet all kinds of madmen up there!"

"Daddy, I know you want to protect me from any harm, but I'll have Luna. She's the national Kung Fu champ, remember? She'll keep us safe, won't you, Luna?"

"Uh, yeah! I'm not gonna let any crooks near Tina, sir! She'll be as safe as the federal reserve!"

My Kung Fu, although I really only use it at tournaments and to keep in shape, does come in handy sometimes. My father was always a martial arts nut of the sofa variety, meaning that he never got around to actually practice it himself, so he and mom made me take Kung Fu lessons ever since I was five, and I must say it was a great idea.

I've been a black-belt since I was 12, and the physical benefits of the training have been amazing. Strength, speed, dexterity, focus, self-confidence, self-reliance; I've made these concepts part of my personality, and fused the capabilities of my body with those of my spirit - in a zen sort of way.

Most people don't understand what that means, of course. I've been practising jeet kune do for the past three years, developing my own personal fighting style. I've won no end of tournaments and competitions; they say I'm the best female Kung Fu practitioner outside Asia (and I guess they're right, since no non-Asian woman has beaten me since I was 16). Many of my U.S. competitors jokingly refer to me as "Miss Lee"...

Of the men who beat me, three became boyfriends of mine for a while (well, not at the same time, obviously). When they taught me enough to beat them, however, they suddenly didn't like me anymore. Funny; I wouldn't have pegged zen guys like those to be control freaks. On the other hand, in a way I guess I *was* just using them...

"Well..." says Tina's father reluctantly, "I suppose it's all right then... *If* you sleep in the car and not in a tent, okay?"

"Of course, dad."

"Right. You girls go have yourselves a good time, then - *after* the party!" He smiles and kisses Tina on the cheek. She smiles back,

"Thanks, dad!"

She turns to me. "So - we're going camping tonight!"

"Great!" I say, and mean it. A couple of days alone with Tina will do me a world of good.

Soon after, the guests start arriving. Tina has obviously invited most of her high school friends, plus every one of her cousins, uncles and aunts living in Kalispell.

We have a good time, some great laughs and some amazing barbecued venison, but we don't really get another chance to talk much until around 11:30 PM when the last guests leave.

We take a quick shower since we won't be getting another for the next 48 hours, and then start packing food and blankets and other necessities into the Bronco, under Tina's dad's supervision.

"Are you sure you aren't too tired to make the trip tonight?" he asks a little nervously. Tina reassures him, "It's only a 90 minute drive, dad! We'll manage!"

Tina's dad is very prone to worry, and Tina is his only child. If he wasn't even more prone to spoiling her, he probably wouldn't let her go. I reassure him time and time again that anybody who tries to harm a hair on Tina's head won't get away with it without a couple of broken bones to consider. And, we make sure to have a cellular phone handy so we can call if there's any trouble. He seems convinced at last, and sends us on our way.

Continued in ch. 02...