Lux Ex Tenebris Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vidor continued his story while absentmindedly drawing circles on my back with his thumb,

"That was until I came across Tenebris. It was a really filthy small town then, ruled by an equally filthy lord. I was already bored with my lone venture so I decided to take over the town, did a major restoration both in the ruling system and the layout of the place. I basically turned the pig pen into the kingdom as it is now,"

"If it was a small town before, that means that you took over the other nearest towns and kingdoms too, right? Because this kingdom is so vast!"

He nodded,

"Yes, I had to do it to expand my territory. Did Lorant tell you about the history of the royalty?"

I shook my head.

"They are the descendants of my followers. They searched for me and found me a few decades after I established this kingdom and pledged their loyalty to me. They then mated with the locals who were humans then. All these people you see in Tenebris are all mixed, save for the royalty's children as they want to keep the demon blood pure in their history tree."

I bit my lower lip,

"So that was why Belial was strongly against me,"

"Clara, look at me. Belial had always been a rotten egg in the basket. Sooner or later I would have to finish him and the timing was just perfect."

I gulped and closed my eyes,

"I don't want to think about it anymore. I don't want to know what happened to him."

Vidor kissed my lips,

"No need to worry about it anymore, lux mea."

I nodded,

"But what do the rest of the royalty think of me? Of us? What do they think of our baby? Surely they will want a pure demon blood in line."

"The royalty doesn't mean a thing to me so please my wife, don't stress yourself over this. Leave it to me. All I'm asking from you is to stay healthy and strong for us and our baby."

I smiled at Vidor lovingly and rubbed my nose against his,

"Yes, my husband. Tell me about your parents. Do you still miss them?"

He went quiet for a moment before shaking his head.

"No. Never. Demons, especially those who were from my parents generation were... themselves. They didn't care about others; all they cared about was wealth, power, influence, greed, you name it. I was the only child of my parents who happened to be a king and a queen, but I had other siblings from my father's numerous harems. My mother... well let's just say she was too occupied with killing other harems and their children so I would be next in line -although I heard some of them survived and still live until now. I never see any of them though. My father tried to kill me on many occasions because he didn't want me to take over his throne,"

I put my hand on his cheek and look at him with a genuine sympathy,

"Vidor, I'm so sorry to hear that."

He kissed the palm of my hand before returning it back on his cheek,

"There's no need to be sorry, sweetheart. It's all normal in the demonic circle. Except maybe here in Tenebris because there is a huge time gap between the ancient kingdom and Tenebris, and the locals aren't savage demons like they were during my parents' time."

That was when realization dawned upon me: Vidor had never had any love or affection in his immortal life, so that was why he always seemed to savor each moment of when I made any physical contact with him. He ran his hand down to my belly and softly caressed it. He then got up to kiss my belly and whispered,

"Don't worry, mother and father will take care of you."

I ran my fingers through Vidor's hair and he looked up at me lovingly.

"I love you, Vidor."

He crawled up to me and kissed me softly on my lips and whispered,

"I love you, Clara. Lux mea."

(To be continued)

***

Thank you PallasAthena123 for pointing out the error! Working on the 5th chapter now :)

12