Lydia's Dream Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Pam, why didn't you tell me I'd be cooking for a restaurant owner? I'd have fixed something other than soup."

"Ruth, I love soup and yours was wonderful. I'd like to serve it in my restaurants."

She smiled. "Okay. I don't want to embarrass myself too much."

"You'll never be embarrassed with that cooking."

"Pam told me that you're nine years old than she."

I thought that might come up so I prepared myself for the speech as Ruth continued.

"That was exactly the same age difference between her dad and me. I'm very relieved that she now has a more mature, experienced and settled guy in her life."

I quietly sighed with relief.

"Ruth, I'm glad you think that. I was concerned you'd think I was too old for her."

"Of course not. Richard and I had a great marriage. He was a wonderful husband and provided well for us. He worked very hard both on and off the farm and I miss him. We were married over 25 years before his heart attack. Have you been married?"

"Yes, my wife died from breast cancer over two years ago. She was 29."

"Oh my! That's awful. I'm so sorry."

"I still miss her; but like you said a few minutes ago, that's behind us. Pam and I are looking to the future." Ruth smiled and nodded her head. I continued, "Tell me about your farm."

"Well, we have a little over 180 acres. It's hilly but the cattle don't seem to mind. We have two good spring-fed creeks and some good timber. I only have about 50 head but the calves bring in enough to pay the taxes and provide what little cash I need. I've a large garden and put up most of my vegetables. There's an old orchard with apple and pear trees. Richard's great-grandfather bought this land and built the house in the 1890's."

"Pam indicated that you might want to sell it."

"Yeah, it's getting more expensive to operate the farm and the taxes are going up. My neighbors help with maintenance and the cattle but there are vet bills that seem to be higher every year. A few people have indicated an interest so I might let it go. I don't think either Pam or Jerri want it so it's probably time to move on."

"Do you mind if I take a walk and see it?"

"No, of course not. Pam will be glad to show you around. Be careful with that bull. He's out in the pasture to graze for a few days. He's a new one and I'm not sure I trust being around him yet."

We visited a few more minutes before Pam and I put on jackets and walked out the back door. The chickens scrambled to get out of our way once they realized we weren't going to feed them. The crisp air had a cold edge to it.

She took my arm and we walked to the first outbuilding about 100 feet behind the house. It appeared to be a very old building, made of wood and painted white, like the house, with windows along the sides.

"This is the tool shed. Dad kept many of his farm tools and some of the tractor equipment here."

I swung open the wide door and heard the loud screeching of the rusty hinges. A large John Deere tractor was facing me. It was larger than I expected to see so I asked, "Why did your dad need such a big tractor?"

"He bought it second-hand and mowed hay for several of the other farmers around here. They traded work in the old way. Dad would mow, rake and bale the hay for our neighbors and they would help him with harvesting the corn, tending the cattle, cutting firewood and making repairs around here. That's the way it's been done for hundreds of years."

"What happens now?"

"I'm not sure but I imagine that is still going on. Maybe someone else is using his tractor, mower and baler. We should ask Mom."

I walked past the tractor to see what else was there. The building smelled of dried grass, motor oil, gasoline and axle grease. But there was something else familiar in the air. I asked, "Did he store black walnuts in here?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"I can still smell them. They're very distinctive."

She replied, "Let's look around. I haven't been in this shed in years."

We looked behind several boards of lumber leaning against the wall and some old empty cardboard boxes before Pam found a bushel of hulled nuts. I picked up a few and said, "These are still good." I handed one to Pam. "Feel how heavy it is. Why don't we take them back to the cabin if your mom doesn't want 'em."

"I'll ask her."

"I love their flavor and the shelled nuts are hard to find and expensive when you do."

As I turned, Pam put her hands around my neck and we kissed several times.

"The next spot I want to show you is our barn loft. The hay is so soft and one of my fantasies has been to entertain a young man, just like you, in the hay." There was that grin again.

"I like soft hay," I replied with a smile.

We walked approximately 100 yards down a lane and through a gate to an old gray barn. As we entered the large open door, the smell of cattle and hay permeated the air. The dirt floor inside was very hard and dry with a thick layer of dust and a musty odor. I could hear a chicken announcing to the world that she had just laid an egg.

There was a ladder built into the structure leading straight up to the loft. Pam started up and I watched her shapely bottom go into the loft before following.

For the next twenty minutes, we snuggled together in the hay. Although we didn't technically have sex, we were close to it. We had fun exploring each other but the cold air forced us to rush. Pam was thrilled with my full attention to her loins. I held her close as she came off the climax and regained her strength.

"That was amazing. Wonder why it was so powerful?" she asked.

"Maybe it's the hay, or that you're relaxed and very happy being here with your mom. Maybe it's the smell of the barn or that you find me totally charming and irresistible!"

She grinned. "It's got to be those last two. Whatever caused it, that was special!"

"Let's get your jeans on and walk around." I held her waist while she reached down to pull up her panties and jeans. I helped by dusting the hay from her legs and bottom.

We walked through a gate and down a hill into the next valley. There was a cold breeze blowing in our face. Even though it was late fall, there was still green grass in the pasture and we could see the cattle grazing down near one of the creeks. We kept watch for the bull but he seemed to be focused on the tender grass.

Turning and walking around the crest of a second hill, we walked down to another creek in the next pasture. This was a serene and very pretty place. From this spot, there were no houses or man-made structures in sight, in any direction. We saw a great blue heron in the creek standing perfectly still watching for minnows. It warily glanced at us before flying gracefully in the other direction.

After an hour, we decided to begin our return. We needed to take baths and change for the trip to pick up Jerri. As we walked, I asked, "You're not interested in keeping the farm?"

"No, not really. It was a good place to grow up and my childhood was very happy here. But everywhere I look, I remember Dad and that brings to mind how badly I hurt him. If Mom wasn't here, I don't think I'd ever want to come back."

We walked through the back door and found Ruth still enjoying the fire while reading a newspaper. "Did you get the grand tour?" she asked.

Glancing at Pam, I smiled and said, "I did. The hills and valleys are beautiful." I locked eyes with Pam who glared at me and frowned at the obvious double entendre.

Ruth asked Pam, "What was the name of the police officer you were dating in Charlotte?"

"Why do you ask?" Pam replied.

"I was just reading in the paper that three officers were arrested yesterday and charged with drug dealing. They're accused of stealing drugs out of the evidence locker and selling them."

"His name is John Cramer."

"That's what I thought. He was one of them."

Pam took the paper and quickly read the article. John was charged and released on bail along with the two others. She also knew one of the other officers charged. All three were placed on administrative leave and released on bail. Pam looked at me with fear in her eyes and shook her head.

"Mom, we're going up to change our clothes for the airport and dinner."

"I need to change too," Ruth replied. "We need to leave in about an hour."

We walked upstairs to my bedroom. Pam closed the door before saying, "That's what the little book was about. It's his records of the deals and his customers phone numbers. Tom, I didn't tell you this because I didn't want you to know; but I took his book and have it in my suitcase."

"Why did you do that?"

"I thought it was important to him and I wanted to get back at him for beating me up. If he'd had any money there, I'd have taken that also. You have no idea how mad I was at that bastard."

"Do you think your dream last night was your conscience telling you to give it back?"

"I suppose that's a possibility," she replied. "If it's evidence of a crime, I can't give it back to him now. I could be charged as an accessory."

"Should we give it to the police?"

"You don't know about their code?" she asked. "They always protect each other."

"Yeah, I know; but what can you do?"

She responded, "I don't know. Let me think about it. The great thing is that he has no idea where I am. Hey, we need to get a move on. Let's get out of these dirty clothes, sweetheart, and take a bath."

"I saw the old claw foot bath tub. It's been many years since I had a true bath. Showers are so easy."

"Yeah, but this old house never had showers. We could bathe together." We both grinned.

"Let's do it. By the way, where's your mom's bedroom?"

"Oh, there's a large bedroom to the right of the living room and it's on the back side of the house. There's also a nice bath down there that is very modern. That gives us lots of privacy up here."

Pam walked down the hall to her bedroom and then to the bathroom. I could hear the water as she started filling the tub. In a moment, she appeared at my door with her change of clothes. I picked out mine and followed her to the bath.

While the water was still running, she added bubble bath that worked quickly. I held her hand as she stepped into the large tub. Pam sat on one end and I took the other. We stared at each other and smiled. I suddenly felt her foot worm its way between my legs. I could feel her other foot join the party and her toes rubbing me slowly up and down.

"Pam, why are you torturing me like this?" She grinned.

I added, "I'm glad you're entertained."

"This is what these big tubs are for, sweetheart."

I shook my head and tried to relax.

Pam reached to place my foot between her legs and massage my toes and the sole. That felt great, especially with it nestled in her valley.

****

As we dressed, I said, "I think we need to install one of these old tubs at the Chattanooga house. There's a lot to be said for them." She giggled.

Once ready, we walked downstairs and waited for her mom. I separated what little burning wood was left in the fireplace so it'd extinguish quicker.

In just a few minutes, Ruth walked in. She wore a very attractive autumn dress. I could see where the girls got their beauty. With her fashion makeup, she was a lovely and sexy woman in very fine shape and still young, only in her mid-forties. Any man would be proud to be seen with her.

I escorted the ladies to the car and opened the doors for them. Pam insisted that her mom sat up front with me.

As we headed to the airport Pam said, "Mom, when we were walking around, we found a bushel of black walnuts in the tool shed. Do you want them for any reason or can I have them?"

"Sweet, I didn't even know they were there. I'd like a gallon or so. A friend of mine loves black walnut cake, but I've not been able to find the nuts."

Pam asked, "Is this friend a woman or a man?"

Ruth hesitated before saying, "A man." I glanced over at Ruth. She was looking straight ahead and smiling. I glanced in the mirror at Pam. She was obviously intrigued and trying not to laugh.

After a moment, she said, "Now Mom, tell me about this man."

"Well, he lives a couple of miles down the road and we go to church together. He lost his wife to cancer last year. We've become good friends."

"How good?"

"PAM! That's not something I'm ready to talk about."

"Okay, just remember if you need any advice on how to please a man, don't call me. Maybe Tom can help you."

"You keep me out of this. I'm sure Ruth has everything under control." I again glanced at Ruth and she was looking straight ahead and still smiling. I glanced in the rear view mirror again and Pam had her hand over her mouth and shaking as she tried not to laugh.

We arrived at the airport and parked in the short-term lot. All of us went to the arrival area to await Jerri. About ten minutes later, the doors opened and people flooded through, looking for their loved ones, a driver or for baggage claim. Jerri was in the middle of the pack and started waving to us when she saw Ruth and Pam waving.

"Hi guys." She hugged her mom and then Pam.

Pam put her arm inside mine, "Jerri, I want you to meet Tom Sumter. Tom, this is Jerri."

She noticed me for the first time.

"PAM! I had no idea you were seeing someone. Tom, it's a pleasure to meet you." I expected a handshake but she insisted on a hug.

She was indeed beautiful with long auburn hair that was very wavy. Like Pam's, her hair had a brilliant luster. Jerri was approximately 5'7"... just a little taller than Pam. They shared similar facial features, including the same gorgeous blue eyes; but Jerri had a couple of sexy dimples. She was curvy in all the right places and not an ounce overweight.

"My honor, Jerri. Pam has told me many good things about you."

"Wow, that's a shock. Are you sure it was this Pam?"

"Tom, I haven't yet told you about her dark side."

We all laughed, as Ruth butted in. "Now girls, don't start picking at each other until we at least get home." Pam and Jerri hugged again and both told each other how good it was to be together.

As we waited for Jerri's baggage, Pam told her that we were going to Soby's for dinner.

"Good, I've not been there in a couple of years. Is Jimmy still the manager?"

Pam responded, "I've no idea. You've been there since I was."

"You remember that night with Jimmy?"

Pam grabbed her arm and said, "Shhhhh! Don't bring that up."

Ruth asked, "What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing Mom."

The luggage arrived and I rolled it to the car. We drove back to Greenville with Ruth up front and the two sisters in the back. I could hear some soft whispering back there but just ignored it. I glanced in the mirror once and saw the two of them giggling and holding their mouths closed with their hands.

We arrived at Soby's and the valet took our car. The restaurant was in the restored part of town and was housed in an old mill building. Its street presence was very attractive and it fit perfectly with the old town character they were trying to achieve.

The hostess escorted us to the table, which was in the center of the room. I casually scanned the other tables and every male eye in the place was locked onto Jerri, Pam and Ruth. Even some of the women were staring.

As we studied the menu, a guy a few years younger than me walked over. Pam saw him first. "Hi Jimmy, good to see you."

"It's great to see y'all again. It's been too long. Hi Mrs. Davis."

"Hi Jimmy."

Jimmy leaned over and gave both Pam and Jerri kisses on their offered cheeks. As Pam introduced me I stood and shook hands with him.

"Tom, you have a lovely trio of tablemates tonight. I'm glad y'all came in."

"Thanks Jimmy. This looks like a very interesting place."

"Thanks. I hope you enjoy it."

We returned to our menus as he walked away.

For starters, we decided to split the lobster mac & cheese with white truffle Parmesan streusel and the Hudson Valley foie gras on cinnamon bun French toast with huckleberry jam.

As we enjoyed these intriguing and delicious dishes, Jerri began asking me many of the same questions that Ruth had asked. I reviewed my life one more time. Then she threw a new one at me.

"Now exactly what are your intentions toward my baby sister?"

Pam exclaimed, "JERRI!"

I touched Pam's arm and said, "Hey, that's a fair question." They all looked at me.

"Pam and I met recently, and we've spent considerable time together. I think we both feel a connection and want to see how it develops. I find her to be a fascinating young lady, full of life, and energy, and someone whom I admire." Pam was smiling.

Jerri then focused on Pam and asked, "Okay, what's special about Tom?"

Pam pursed her lips and thought. "He's unlike anyone I've ever met. He's mature, fun, a great listener, a good cook, and he makes me feel important and wanted." She looked at me and continued, "I'm able to talk to him about anything and he's given me the wisest advice I've ever had. We don't know yet if we're in love but we have a start toward that and we want to see how it develops."

Jerri looked at me and smiled. "I think you've won my baby sister's heart." I smiled as Pam squeezed my hand. I could tell that Ruth was pleased.

The main courses arrived. Jerri had the shrimp and grits, low country style. The grits had small pieces of country ham and was made with a chardonnay cream sauce. Ruth had the grilled North Carolina trout with creamy polenta and green beans. Pam had the duck breast with butternut squash ragout and mustard greens. I had a tough choice but finally decided on the hunter style rabbit confit leg, backstrap rabbit risotto, sweet peas, and carrots. We shared bites of each other's dishes. It was all very good. I made a mental note to call one of my chefs the next day and have him think about adding rabbit to our menu.

Our dinner conversation continued with discussion of my family and background, Jerri's husband David and their house in Houston and the future of the farm. Pam stayed away from the subject of Ruth's new beau but I knew it'd come up later.

****

As 11:00 pm approached, Ruth said she needed to call it a night and wished all of us sweet dreams. Jerri, Pam and I continued to talk but soon decided we needed sleep. All of us had a long day and were tired.

After taking turns in the bathroom, we retired to our bedrooms. All was quiet and I assumed that Pam had decided not to visit me when 12:30 came. In another moment, I heard a soft tap on my door and opened it to find Jerri standing there in a short nightie.

"Jerri!"

"Can I come in?"

I stammered, "Uhhh, sure." Thankfully, I had my underwear on.

"Now don't get excited, Tom. I just want to talk."

My quick prayer was immediately answered when the door opened again and Pam walked in. She also wore a short nightie.

Pam exclaimed, "Well it sure didn't take long for you two to hook up!" She had fire in her eyes.

Jerri said, "Pam, it's not what you think. I just came in to ask Tom for some advice."

"Sure you did."

I expected Pam to attack her at any moment so I stepped between them.

"Pam, I haven't touched Jerri. She just came in a few seconds ago. I'd never cheat on you." That seemed to calm her and a silence filled the room; but I could feel the angry tension.

I asked, "Can we sit and talk about this and hear what Jerri has to say?" They both continued to glare at each other.

There were no chairs in the room so I suggested we sit on the bed. I climbed up first and sat on the pillows. Pam was next to me and Jerri was at the foot of the bed. All of us sat cross-legged.

Jerri's perfectly shaped tanned legs and her thinly covered crotch was very distracting so I tried to focus on her eyes.

I broke the silence and asked, "Jerri, what do you want to ask?"

Jerri glanced at Pam and then at me. "My husband and I are thinking about a divorce." Pam gasped. "When Pam said tonight that you had given her great advice, I decided I needed to ask for some also." Pam laid her hand on my leg and squeezed it before crawling down to Jerri and hugging her.