All Comments on 'Lyin' Eyes Ch. 05'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
Wolf007Wolf007about 1 year ago

Why do I feel like I just watched "The Addams Family" when uncle fester returns and they're at the part where they explained uncle fester's "Displacement" issues...??

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

I don’t like where this is going..,

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I wish the affair between the Aunt and the father hadn't been telegraphed so early on, it kind of made the pace towards it disclosure painfully slow.

DOC226DOC22610 months ago

This is the very first story that Longhorn has written that I did NOT rate a 5, but let me say that this is BS. I have several advanced degrees, have been all over the world, and consider myself very liberal, but this is pure BS.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Couldn’t read this any more.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Psychobullshit!

Ocker53Ocker5310 months ago

Losing interest fast, everyone knows where this story is going and have done from chapter 1⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nope

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Biggest bullshit excuse to have an affair I've seen. Sounds like the 'therapist' is making excuses for her. In the real world this would NEVER get the couple back on an even keel.

LegacybadLegacybad7 months ago

I've enjoyed several of this author stories, but this I just wont finish. It stopped making any sense to me. I get this is fiction and fiction can be anything, but to me it seems that the author is trying to make the therapy process look real and come up with a good reason of why she did what she did. But daamn it just seem like nonsense to me. First of all the therapist wouldnt be accepting calls from him asking questions about her process, much less "keeping him on the loop" and the "replicating the teaching process" or whatever he called it, just NO. Maybe it all would be clear at the end, I'll never find out but I really really doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Confusing. Is the subconscious so strong as to overide the conscious behavior and acquired logic and mores of a mature adult? Does that explain why adults act like hedonistic juveniles?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The only thing that will make me enjoy this even more is a ice pick to the eye.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is where the story should stop, with perhaps a coda describing the outcome of the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He's right that's utter bullshit. I'm a psychologist,I work in a state run psychiatric hospital on the east coast. Imprinting does exist and it does color our views on relationships ,right/wrong, and our opinions on life. What it doesn't do is force you into action when you perceive inaction where you expect it. Our rational brains do that, and while it could be a factor to why she wants an affair, that pull would not be enough to trash her whole life. This is an attempt to put reason onto the fact that she cheated "because she could". If the reason she cheated was because of her dad then she wouldn't have treated her husband the way she did, because she woulda been "imprinted" that her dad stayed and respected her mom. He didn't go out every night and yell at her when confronted like Laura did, and that's why that analysis is garbage therapy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So, IF all of this psychobabble is true, then why hasn't my wife had an affair on me? After all her mother had one on her dad (years before we met, and was still going after we married), and she was just a self centered bitch (my mother in-law). My wife and I have been married for over 40 years and we've had two children. I call bullshit on all of the psycho shit being spewed in this part of the story. Don't get me wrong, I like that it was explored and brought out to light. It helps the reader understand some of the crap that happens in daily life, and in a cheaters mind.

Norseman123Norseman1235 months ago

In a weird way, it makes sense to me but5 she is still a bitch. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just fucking inane. Psychology is a farce embraced by the gullible.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After that massive info dump, I expected a Quiz at the end instead of Comments!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

this chapter really dragged until the last few paragraphs. bit too "cerebral"

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry...let me say this in a vernacular you'll understand.

All.of this is absolute excusist horseshit.

"Oh...my dad was fucking my aunt right under my mom's nose...and my mom didn't care I guess. So that makes me a serial cheater as an adult...who feels nothing for blatantly fucking another man for months. All while demeaning him and lying to his face."

Horse-Shit.

Justifications. Excuses. Nonsense.

You caught her. You can prove her to be an unfit mother. You burned her, her BF, and their company.

This ends in only one acceptable way. Only one way that isn't big steamy pile of fairy tale horseshit. And that's just simply cutting bait.

Divorcing the whore. Moving on with your life. This stupid bitch just isn't worth the effort.

If she is damaged by some childhood trauma? Why would you want a damaged bitch full of drama?

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 month ago

I’m not sure what this chapter contributes to the story other than laying giving vent to ridiculous excuses to allow a RAAC. Like I said before this author is not good enough to make that believable but no author would be after the shit the wife pulled⭐️⭐️⭐️

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

I know people are just going to be mad for whatever reasons they have (hate reconciliation stories, hate psychology, just like being dicks, etc) but this is pretty much how shit works.

<>

When I was a kid, my mother basically abandoned me to my grandparents when I was in kindergarten. She was a very aloof and distant person, in fact, I can not to this day, ever recall her saying she loved me. I'm certain she must have at some point in my life, but I can't remember it. I thought I was fine. I had loving grand parents and a warm extended family, but somehow my mothers neglect imprinted on me a deep seated uncomfortableness with being emotionally vulnerable. I didn't even know I had a problem. I just thought I was kind of a "tough guy" like my grandfather that I admired (1st Sgt, USMC) - It wasn't until many, many years and many failed relationships later when I finally managed to find a woman who loved me enough to put up with my bullshit that I figured out I actually had a problem. I almost ended us over it, but she forced me to get help and I did.

<>

It seems trivial now and obvious as well, but my mothers rejection of me when I was a baby mortally wounded my sense of security. I was constantly afraid of being emotionally hurt, so the best way to avoid that is to just not allow people to get into a position where they can emotionally hurt you. I kept everyone at arms length, including my wonderful wife who wanted nothing more than to be one with me.

<>

Anyway, this is how the subconscious mind works. I had a behavioral/emotional problem that I didn't recognize as a problem. It led me to do a lot of stupid stuff, to hurt myself and to hurt other people. It took a combination of someone caring far more about me than she had common sense and some professional advice to get to the root of the issue and once I was made aware of the problem, it took many years after that until it was 100% put to bed.

<>

So, at least, on that front, I am giving this story pretty good marks. Been there, lived it, experienced the life altering change, everyone benefited (including my 2 children which were born many years later). No joke here - my wife's insistence I get help and me following through on that saved our 3 year old marriage at the time - we've been married almost 20 years now with two wonderful children that would never have been born without the help of a little professional insight into my subconscious.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous