Magical Essence Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
noplex
noplex
53 Followers

"So what should we do with her boys? Make her our slave? I'm sure she looks very pretty without these clothes on," Jordan laughed, and the other two joined in with him. He reached down and tore her robes revealing her covered breasts. He pressed the wand under her chin and lifted it up, "You should not have attacked me Meredith, before I was going to let you come around to me, but now I am going to have to force you to come around."

That was precisely what sent Gavin over the edge, but something very unexpected happened. Without uttering a word, the two holding Gavin suddenly flew head over heels into oak trees. Their loud wails of pain hit Jordan's ears, and he stared down Gavin while taking a step back from Meredith. Gavin's aura had all of the sudden jumped, but this time it had skyrocketed well above Jordan's.

This had caught the boy off guard, and he raised his wand at Gavin, firing off three quick 'Missile' spells. Once again, without a word uttered, the familiar blue force field surrounded Gavin's form absorbing all of Jordan's 'Missile' spells. The boy had absolutely no idea what to do from here, and attempted to cast a 'Weaken' spell directed at Gavin. As the purple haze spiraled through the air towards his target, the spell lost its speed and stopped just short in front of Gavin. The spell was suspended in the air, slowly multiplying its size until it was the size of a decent water melon.

It was Gavin's turn to attack, raising one hand Jordan lifted off the ground, and began reaching for his throat and gasping for air. Gavin lifted the boy higher, higher, and higher into the air before finally bringing him back down to eye level. The purple haze encompassed Jordan's body as he fell limp to the ground, and Gavin looked back at the other two boys who had just begun to stand up.

"You two, get him out of here, and never return. I do not want to have a repeat situation," Gavin spoke clearly, and the two hustled grabbing Jordan by the arms dragging him off down the trail. He looked down at Meredith, who was staring up at him with a gaping mouth, but once again everything slowly started to fade from his view. He had overdone himself again, and he fell forward into Meredith who braced herself to hold his weight. She took a long time, but was able to carry him inside the cabin and lay him down on the bed.

Meredith ran her fingers through her hair, she did not understand what had just happened, and Eliza was nowhere in sight! She could not handle this, Gavin had just showed a display of powers that Meredith had never seen before in her life, 'How am I going to explain this to Eliza? What is she going to say to me? What about Jordan and those boys? What about their mentor?' A thousand questions railed through Meredith's head, but none of which she had answers for. Her eyes settled on Gavin, 'He saved me. I have been a bitch to him for the last month, and he saved me.' She felt a new attraction towards Gavin.

A few hours had passed until Eliza had arrived back from Tevrin, and she was bushed. There had been a meeting with all of the Ambassadors and they were speaking changing trade guidelines, and the tax on different magical supplies. It had been a long day, and Eliza had decided that she was going to forgo the magical lessons for today. She wanted sleep, and that's all she wanted. But she was not ready for the mess that Meredith was when she opened the door.

"Eliza! Where have you been? There is so much... We were attacked by these boys... Gavin saved me... He is lying in bed... I did not know what to do... its my fault..," Meredith wanted to pour out everything out too quickly for Eliza to comprehend. Eliza groaned, 'What had these two got themselves into this time?', she grasped her head. Meredith took this as a sign to slow down, and started from the beginning.

"Jordan and the boys were messing around with Gavin, and I attacked Jordan to stop them from hurting Gavin. He wanted to duel me, and had the other two hold down Gavin," she shook her head, looking over at Gavin still lying in the bed, "He... he... I don't know how, but he was casting spells without a wand." Eliza's eyes grew wide, it took years upon years of practice for an apprentice to reach the pinnacle of their training—which was the ability to cast spells without a wand—this was impossible. He had been only introduced to magic a month prior. Eliza shook her head.

"Impossible. Meredith what are you spouting? There is absolutely no way he could have done this!", Eliza spoke back, she looked over at Gavin, but he was indeed weakened as he always was. She reached into her robes, checking to make sure that she still had the wand, 'Its still here. Impossible. He could not have done that.' Her eyes looked over the boy, and she reached down to feel his head, 'Yes, definitely cool, he is drained.' Eliza put her hand back to her head in an attempt to make some sense of this situation. She was considered one of the fastest apprentices to ever go through the ranks, and it took her a good five years to get to the point where she was able to cast without using a wand.

"There is something else", Meredith had just remembered, and this was the thing that perplexed her the most. This was something that she had absolutely never seen before, nor had she ever heard of such a thing. "Eliza... he casted the spells without a word." Eliza looked up at Meredith again, and cocked her head sideways as if to take in what she was being told.

"No, Meredith, you just did not hear him," but Eliza was cut off.

"He spoke not a word, Eliza, not a word. I would not lie to you Master," the look on Meredith's face had convinced Eliza that she was telling the truth. They both looked down at Gavin, but Eliza was thinking deeply. It all had suddenly made sense, there was only one logical conclusion, and even though she did not want to believe it that was the only possibility.

"He is an ArchMage," the words flowed out of Eliza's mouth almost sounding as unconvinced as her mind was, but it was the truth. The only Magi that could cast spells simply by thought were the ArchMagi, and she knew this for a fact, because her mentor was an ArchMage. It explained perfectly why Gavin was so powerful without barely knowing magic, and why he was able to cast spells without a wand. She repeated her words, still disbelieving what her mind was telling her, "Gavin is an ArchMage."

noplex
noplex
53 Followers
12