Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 00

Story Info
Preparation
814 words
11.8k
1

Part 1 of the 18 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 10/29/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All war is deception."

Sun Tzu

On Route to Mauritius

We'll land in Port Louis shortly," Major Graves announces as he enters the cargo area.

Sam and Spencer sit alone away from the three soldiers that accompanied Major Graves earlier that morning. The other three are breaking down their weapons and cleaning them.

"I think you owe us an explanation," Spencer says changing the subject.

"You're right," Graves says with a sigh. He takes a seat across from the two agents and begins his explanation. "I am part of a secret special force group called DEP Six. Through a joint venture between the Navy and Army, it was created. You've met three of the members; the fourth is on another mission. They all have Second Sight and they are the top of their SEAL class."

"Surprisingly that's not too surprising," Spencer remarks.

"Our history of how we got started is another story. Right now, however, we have other tasks to complete. War has erupted between America and China."

"We know the source," Sam begins. "If we cut off the head, we can stop the war and everything else."

"That is why we have gotten involved. More because of Roger than anything."

"Speaking of Roger, we need to report in," Spencer says dropping a hint of demand to his voice.

Graves looks apologetic a moment later. "I'm sorry to have to tell you at a time like this, but Roger was murdered."

"When?" Spencer spits out before Sam.

"Yesterday. Doug Wiltkins is currently in a coma, but expected to pull through."

Sam tries to hold back her tears unsuccessfully. Spencer pulls her in close and holds her. Graves remains silent allowing her to mourn for her former boss and mentor while the three SEALs focus on their weapons cleaning and staying out of the conversation. It isn't their business and they want to keep it that way. Graves gives Sam some time before interrupting her mourning to move on.

"Roger left a video message designated for you two. I don't know what is on it, but I'm sure it will open up to some sort of explanation," Graves says producing a small remote. He presses a button that allows a video monitor to reveal itself behind the bulkhead. When the screen is fully revealed, he presses the play button.

Roger appears at his desk, but in a location neither Sam nor Spencer recognize. His demeanor is serene mixed with a serious tone.

If you two are watching this, I'm sorry I couldn't reveal this in person. The recent events have been a combination of the unforeseen and orchestrated.

First my final order for you is to take the aid of Major Graves and DEP Six. I'm sure he'll fill you in with the details you need to know. I have a long history with the organization and I want you to trust him as I have in the past. I'm glad to know you are safe Spencer. I trust you to protect Sam in my absence. Because of your Second Sight and skill, I paired you with her. And yes I know of your abilities. And of your lineage Sam. I worked with the Black List in the past and periodically since.

I have kept many secrets which have allowed me to acquire assets for CATU and to keep America safe. Safer than would be possible without. It has always been my goal to make CATU a separate entity and that time has finally come. But without a hand tipping the scales to do so. The attacks made by Senator Rustlin were not by his doing alone. I sent him in that direction with a simple email. He took the bait and the result is as it is. CATU has become its own entity and a secret one at that.

Because of the public scrutiny, we had to become a secret if we are to maintain our protection of the people. Unfortunately once the senator was set onto his path, he was like a boulder that as he gained momentum it would turn to be a downfall for all. Thus, he had to be eliminated. It was not my choice to do so. I only played a role in setting him on track. Colonel Pierson, the head of DEP Six, deemed his execution necessary.

In my absence, Mike Grines will take my place and like you, I have sent a recording to him. All my resources are at his disposal now. He is an adept agent and leader. I leave this world in your hands and set you on the path to keep the innocent protected from the terrors of this world.

Good luck and God bless.

The screen goes blank leaving only silence and the hum of the plane's engines. It is Sam that breaks the silence. "So, what's the mission?"

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
1 Comments
JoeBarnoskyJoeBarnoskyover 13 years agoAuthor
For the moron that sent the recent email

And I quote "no overall framework no indication of where anything fits , no character development demons"

Did you not read the first three books?

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Sixth School Ch. 001 A new beginning...in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Welldark B2 Ch. 00 Prologue A typical morning with Estherin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
A Dragon's Tale Ch. 01 An accident + magic = a man's mind in a dragon's body.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quaranteam - North West Ch. 01-04 Pandemic Survivors, Harems and the Pacific North West.in Mind Control
More Stories