Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gripping tight to Kotetsu, she runs straight for the fallen demon. His sword lies just feet from him almost within arm's reach, but with the disorientation of the demon, Sam knows she has the upper hand. "Taste my steel, you bastard!" she yells as she draws in close raising the sword in an upward strike. The demon has just a brief moment to see her and realize his life has just ended.

Sam lands behind the demon. He remains on his knees with the look of shock still spread across his face. Then suddenly and without warning, his body falls apart in two halves. It is over and Sam doesn't even feel exhausted from the fight. She feels better than she has in a very long time and the extra reserve of strength remains. She begins to have her thoughts on it when the present comes rushing back to her.

Spencer!

——

Bezaleel is slammed into the pillar over and over like a rag doll. Nash with the strength enhancements of the gauntlets doesn't tire from the effort. He knows he has more of the upper hand because he caught the hound off guard. Bezaleel feels lifeless in his hands. The pillar itself is cracked to the point it is ready to crumble down on top of their heads. Not wanting to take that risk, Nash throws the animal aside.

When the Fenrir doesn't make any effort to move, Nash smiles to himself. He still has a mission to finish. He casts a look across the room to see Sam running toward what looks like Reeds lying on the ground, leaving behind two lifeless bodies belonging to the two demons. "Impressive," he mutters to himself. For such a small girl he never expected her to face both demons and win. Even if they were Lesser Demons, they were still very formidable.

He turns away and drops his pack to the floor. Reaching in, he pulls out a small device with a single button. He turns it over in his hands and peels off piece of paper revealing an adhesive backing. He takes the device and slaps it to the pillar and then runs to the next repeating the procedure. Once Nash's bag is empty, he pulls free a device with two buttons on it, one red and one green, and runs toward a door exiting the giant room.

——

Come on Spence," Sam says cradling his head. "Wake up damn it."

Spencer murmurs a response. He opens his eyes to see a blurred Sam. "What the hell?" he mumbles.

"Oh thank God," Sam says kissing him.

Clapping resounds from behind them interrupting them. Sam turns to regard the Demon Lord as she stands atop the dais clapping mockingly. Very good job, she says smoothly. I am impressed with you humans. Such skill though is wasted on you. I wish I had time to destroy you myself, but it seems your companion, she pauses to gesture toward the opposite side of the chamber, has other plans for you.

Sam follows the gesture to see Nash rushing toward a side door. Just before he runs through he turns as if feeling a guilty conscience suddenly falls upon his shoulders. He locks eyes with Sam; her stare relays her confusion and anger. Nash shrugs his shoulders and mouths sorry then turns and leaves.

Sam looks back to the top of the dais which is now empty. "Shit!"

"What is it?" Spencer questions now sitting up and rubbing his head.

"Avyanna is gone and Nash—" Sam is abruptly cut off as the first explosion rocks the chamber. A pillar erupts sending stone pelting the surrounding area.

"We need to get out of here quick!" Spencer says standing up and wavering slightly.

Sam grabs his arm to steady him. "No kidding," she says guiding him toward the entrance they originally entered.

The next sets of explosions follow the last with only seconds in between. The entire left side of the chamber collapses under the strain of not having the support to hold it. Spencer is lead by Sam as they run as fast as they can as the remainder of the chamber slowly collapsed behind them.

Spencer looks over his shoulder to see the dais completely gone and an avalanche of stone threatening to overtake them. "Sam! Sam we need to move it!"

"We're moving damn it! We're moving Spence!"

The roar of the crashing stone is threatening and sounds like it is happening not just behind but in front of them. The door is only fifteen feet away when the first pieces of stone begin to fall from the ceiling above the exit. Sam tugs Spencer's arm harder, urging him to move. The ground shakes trying to throw them off balance but they fight against it. The ceiling above them gives a big lurch sending a seemingly large crack tearing through it.

The two jump at the last second as the rest of the chamber comes crashing down. They slide across the floor until their bodies crash into the barricade. Rubble follows closely behind but peters off by the time it reaches them.

"Well that was exciting," Spencer remarks.

"Yeah I'd say so," Sam says with a laugh. "Now kiss me damn it."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
The Sixth School Ch. 001 A new beginning...in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Welldark B2 Ch. 00 Prologue A typical morning with Estherin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
A Dragon's Tale Ch. 01 An accident + magic = a man's mind in a dragon's body.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quaranteam - North West Ch. 01-04 Pandemic Survivors, Harems and the Pacific North West.in Mind Control
More Stories