Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 16

Story Info
Battle at True Energy ends.
3k words
6.6k
00

Part 16 of the 18 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 10/29/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Córdoba, Argentina

Spencer is the first to recover from the blast of intense light since he didn't get the full effect as Sam had. Sam on the other hand being impaired is still focused enough to have her sword drawn; her rifle slung off to the side.

The room is larger in the light than with night vision. Spencer scans the room taking in all the creatures—no two look the same—and a demon stands at the back with a smile spread across his face. Spencer doesn't hesitate any longer and begins to open fire on the closest of the creatures. By now Sam has recovered her sight and is already cutting at the first creature she sees.

"Spence!" Sam yells. "Get to that control room; I'll take care of this!"

"Are you fucking insane?" he yells back.

"Now's not the time. I can handle this, now go!" The tone of her voice tells him there is no room for an argument. He would probably under other circumstances present an argument but Sam is right—it is not the time.

"Good luck!" he yells instead.

"You too!"

Spencer begins to slip toward the far door, ripping creatures apart as bullets shred them apart. The demon shifts about to intercept him when Sam calls him out. "You're mine bitch!" The demon stops and regards her then looks back to Spencer. He'd have plenty of time to dispose of her then Spencer.

He decides to wait resuming his position against the wall, hands folded across his chest. He'd have to see just how skilled the small human is. Besides, he didn't leave the control room unguarded.

With a flick of his wrist the creatures attacking Spencer stop suddenly and refocus their attention on Sam. Spencer says a silent prayer for Sam as he slips through the unlocked door.

Sam ducks under a swipe from one of the much larger creatures coming up with Kotetsu and driving it up through the creature's rib cage. Using the momentum the sword tears through the creature's back slicing the next one in half as it launches itself through the air at her. Twirling the blade in front of her, Sam spins it around and back, catching another creature through its mouth and out the back of it skull as it attempts to attack her from behind. She pulls the sword free swinging it up underhanded cutting across another creature's chest then she twirls her body with the sword into a sweeping motion toward the ground cutting the legs off another.

A four legged creature comes on bearing at her, its jaw open wide. She leaps into the air kicking out at another creature as it leaps at her anticipating her move. Sam foot connects launching it backward and giving enough of a push forward. Angling Kotetsu downward she drives the blade deep through the large four legged creature's head. The sword's tip pierces through its lower jaw and easily pierces the floor below it.

Sensing an attack Sam uses the steady blade as a weight holding it with both hands and leaps over the now dead creature. The attacking creature swings out a clawed hand just barely missing her foot. She lands facing the beast pushing Kotetsu up through the floor, ripping concrete up into its face followed by the sword. She stands looking away from it to face the demon and smile. Behind her the creature stands; a blank look set across its face and then it splits into two pieces.

——

Spencer creeps through the hallway which like the rest of the building is cast in darkness. This hallway is similar to the one containing the offices. Spencer is tempted to check out each door but the door at the end has a glow penetrating from its underside. There is really only one thing he could believe it to be and that is his destination. He slowly creeps along keeping alert and ready for anything. He can't see the demon letting him pass without some kind of trap waiting for him.

The urgency to get back to help Sam pushes to move faster. By now he figures the entire complex is on alert. He reaches the door and jiggles the handle to find it is locked. He steps back and heel kicks it. Pieces of wood splinter and fly out as the door slams open. There isn't a need for subtlety anymore.

He is bathed in light and the sound of equipment and computers. This is not the control room but the laboratory he saw on the monitor. It is empty which he considers it to be a good sign. There is also only one door cutting out any further guess work. Spencer sprints across the laboratory firing into the door as he ran. By the time he reaches it, it is riddled with bullets holes making it easy to bust through as he throws his body into it.

The door bursts into pieces leaving much of it still hanging. Spencer lands flat footed on the other side with his weapon ready in case there is trouble. The room is well lit—not too much and not too little. A lone figure stands at the opposite end dressed in a business suit and tie. He is tall with dark black hair brushed back. Spencer instantly thinks it to be Lucius Magnus.

"Welcome Agent Reeds," he says crisply, "I have been expecting you. Where is your partner?"

"She's dealing with the minor details," he answers pointing in the direction he just came from. He scans the room taking inventory of the computer and monitors. Looking past the man he sees a large viewing window with the scene of the crater in full view.

"Minor details?" he asks with a laugh. "I truly hoped to kill both of you myself."

"Sorry bud but that's not going to happen."

"Overly confident are we? Just like a human; you've seen one you've seen them all," Magnus mocks. "Predictable too."

"Oh I'm more than predictable," Spencer says as he slowly reaches around his back.

"I think not," Magnus contradicts. "The trap was baited and you took it."

"Vargas did a pretty good job at fooling us and paid the price for doing so." He pulls a grenade free and is about to pull the pin when what Magnus says next stops him.

"Vargas?" he asks seeming amused by the thought. "He was on your side and you killed him. Your enemy was in front of you the entire time and you didn't know it. And here Typheryian was worried you would be a threat to us."

"Things just keep getting better," Spencer mutters looking away.

"Foolish human," Magnus remarks. "It always amazes me how you have defeated us throughout the ages. But that is all about to change."

Spencer looks at the demon straight in the eyes. "Things change but usually at a slow pace and it's you that is the fool." He raises his rifle and fires. The demon is quick to move out of the path of bullets which is what Spencer had hoped for. The bullets pelt the glass behind him. Spencer is already moving for the glass by the time the first shot hits.

He drops the grenade halfway across the room then jumps through the glass just a moment before it explodes. The explosion engulfs the room and everything in it exploding outward through the window. Spencer well away from the flames plummets toward the crater.

——

The creature takes its last breath as Sam pulls Kotetsu slowly out of its back. The blade disappears from its chest as she casts a smile to the demon still standing contempt at the opposite side of the room. She releases her grip of its neck letting it fall to the floor. The creature's body dissolves before it even hits the floor.

Impressive, Rythern says clapping his hands together. A worthy adversary too I might add.

"Come and get some then," Sam taunts.

It will be my pleasure to kill you. The demon has horns adorning his head like a crown and smaller spikes jutting out along his arms and spine. His wings look like that of a dragon's. As he steps away from the wall he pulls a sword free from its sheath attached to his back. He keeps the weapon pointed toward the ground, keeping his eyes locked with Sam's as he slowly and gracefully approaches her. Such a nice sword does not belong in the hands of a human; a mistake that Natalya will eventually regret.

Sam doesn't respond back but rather stands still in a defensive stance waiting for whatever trick the demon has for her. He stops short of her by five feet and smiles. They stand for a brief moment staring each other down when the demon strikes out.

His sword slices at an upward angle then right back down just as quickly causing Sam to step back from the first strike and raise her own sword to block the next. Rythern slides his sword free and steps away turning his back to her briefly. It's too bad I am not allowed to kill you. The demon says turning back around to face Sam; his sword lowers once again toward the ground. Of course accidents do happen and with so few of us, the consequences wouldn't be too harsh.

Sam doesn't understand what his cryptic message means. As far as she is concerned there are many—too many—demons out in the world. She isn't aware the Asura themselves are actually so few in number.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see if I can restrain myself from killing you. He moves in with a sudden quickness; his sword cutting high horizontally at Sam's neck. She brings Kotetsu up in time to block the strike. Vibrations shutter through her sword and arms. The force of the impact is greater than she had expected and she nearly loses her grip on Kotetsu.

He gives her a wicked smile then kicks out with his foot into her midsection. Sam doubles over slightly from the impact, stepping away with her sword held up in a somewhat defensive position. Rythern only gives her a moment before he was charging her swinging his weapon around at a downward strike. Rather than block it, Sam tucks her body and rolls past the demon. She comes to her feet quickly and lashes out with Kotetsu slicing across the demon's back. Rythern grunts in rage and spins around to look at Sam with menacing eyes.

"Looks like I've drawn first blood," she says arrogantly.

The demon's reply comes out a growl as he leaps at her swinging wildly. The movements are quick, some too quick. She blocks the ones she can, the rest she focuses on by jumping over or back or away. Rythern strikes without any pattern she can follow so she continues to stay of the defensive noticing small openings in each strike he makes. She can't tell if it is because of his clumsy strikes due to anger or if it is in his overall technique.

The demon's anger shows more and more with each strike that is blocked, parried or evaded. Finally after several long minutes Sam goes on the offensive. As Rythern strikes high she goes low ducking, the blade slicing across his leg. Another hit home causes a small splatter of blood.

Rythern twirls away, anger flashes across his face. If the cut caused him any pain he doesn't let it show. Already he is bearing down upon Sam again. She is more than ready, using his anger of a human besting him to her advantage. He swings at her head which she easily ducks. Another slice strikes the underside of his arm. The demon winces from the pain but quickly recovers turning the blade over to strike again. Sam isn't there. Sidestepping, she lashes out again catching the same arm, this time on the opposite side. Sam wishes the cuts could have been deeper or better to have the Kotetsu cut fully through the limb, but Rythern proves too quick in his movements.

He brings his elbow up slamming into Sam's face; an unexpected movement catching her off guard. She stumbles back trying to backpeddle and loses her footing. The ground comes up fast. Using her martial arts training she is able to break her fall without injury. Instinct forces her to roll despite her wanting to take an extra few seconds to recover from the elbow strike to her face. The demon's blade pierces the floor where she was a just a moment before. Sam already on her feet by that time is swinging her sword downward at his head.

The demon anticipating her strike is already in a roll away from her. Sam doesn't give him any breathing room and is already pressing him as he stands. Their swords lock for a moment. He pulls away swinging at her legs. The swords lock again, then Sam pulls away to strike his midsection. Instead of a block Sam only meets air. Rythern instead is to her side swinging at her back. She has her blade pulled up over her head blocking the strike at her back then she spins around and away from the demon.

The face each other; both hold their weapons in a defensive stance. Sam can feel her face swelling a little from Rythern's elbow strike. Rythern is bleeding from the small cuts that cover various parts of his body. Both opponents take a step forward, ready to engage again when an explosion shakes the floor causing them to stop their attack and stumble about a bit.

It appears your partner isn't fairing too well. It's a shame really. Rythern shakes his head. There weren't any orders to spare his life.

Sam's eyes tell the demon all he needs to know and he that is what will be his opportunity to gain the upper hand in the fight. Sam's feelings well up inside her, but she quickly suppresses them. She knows in her heart Spencer couldn't be dead—not with an explosion like that.

Rythern presses his attack; his movement filled with renewed confidence. Sam doesn't intend to give him a chance, however. She runs at him with Kotetsu held high as if to deliver a strike. The demon carries his sword low, bringing it around at the last minute for an overhead strike. Sam feints a block before tucking her blade in and drives forward into a roll. She comes up to her feet and rushes through the door Spencer went through earlier. Rythern spins around from the missed strike and lets out an angry growl. He is about to yell a threat when he notices a grenade rolling across the floor. The next thing he sees is the grenade exploding and filling the room with a brilliant light and fire.

Sam runs as fast as she can and nearly makes it to the end of the hall to the other door when she throws herself down flat to the floor. Flames rush overhead, licking at her back before recessing and dying out. She isn't sure if Rythern received to full effect or not. If it didn't kill him, it would only be a matter of time before he healed from his wounds.

She is up on her feet and through the door not bothering to look back. She enters the laboratory which looks like it did when Spencer entered except for the only other exit. The door is in shambles and scorched. The door frame itself is in just as bad shape. Beyond the portal, Sam can see flames burning and equipment burnt or in pieces.

She carefully steps into the room, Kotetsu held high, ready for attack or defense. Acrid smoke fills her nostrils and stings her eyes. There is no sign of either Spencer or whatever he may have battled. Her attention is drawn to the shattered view port overlooking the crater.

She walked over carefully keeping her guard up and her senses alert. The majority of the smoke filtered out the window into the cool night caught and carried off by the cool breeze.

She peered over the edge looking for any sign of Spencer or whatever flew through it.

"Well you're a welcoming sight," a voice carried up from below said.

She looked down to see Spencer hanging from a small ledge on the side of the crater. "Spence!"

"What took you so long?"

I got busy taking out the trash," she replies. "What the hell happened? Are you all right?"

"I will be if you help me out here."

"Give me a second to find something."

She rushes back through the room, back to the laboratory. After a few minutes of searching she finds a fire hose. She breaks the glass and unravels the hose. It is just long enough to stretch into the next room and out the window, leaving enough length for Spencer to get a grip and climb up.

It only takes a few minutes for him to reach the top. Sam helps to pull him up over the lip. Before he gets to his feet, Sam is already grabbing and pulling him in for a kiss. "Don't scare me like that again Spence," she says when she finally pulls away.

The sound of sirens suddenly filters over the sound of the wind. It is a slightly distant but both agents know it wouldn't be long before they get there. With a large and important company as True Energy, the police would make it top priority.

"We better get out of here," Spencer says stating the obvious.

"I don't suppose you got any information before blowing the place up?" Sam asks already feeling she knows that answer.

Spencer shakes his head. "No but I did meet the man in charge of the place."

"Lucius Magnus?"

"The one and only."

"Was he in the blast?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. If he wasn't I can't see him getting out without some kind of injury."

"Yeah, that's what I figure for the one I fought."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 01 Terror strikes US soil.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
From the Ashes: CATU Book 6 Ch. 00 The Amazon.in Novels and Novellas
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
Ghosts: CATU Book 01 Ch. 01 What happens when the President's daughter is kidnapped?in Novels and Novellas
More Stories