Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 17

Story Info
DEP Six in trouble.
4.1k words
6.9k
00

Part 17 of the 18 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 10/29/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

White Island, Antarctica

Bathed in red light with sirens blaring Mason and Bridges have their weapons up scanning the area for something to shoot. They aren't expecting the hands reaching out of the ground suddenly grabbing them. They turn their weapons toward the ground not letting panic seize them and pelt the ground. Snow and chunks of ice fly up. The hands disappear just as quickly as they appeared.

"Well that was different," Mason says.

The doors to the facility open just then. The red light cuts off and is replaced by a cone of white light cutting across the darkened snow. Mason and Bridges turn back, aiming in the direction of the parting doors. The first to appear from the door are a pack of white wolves though much larger than any either man had ever seen. They are closely followed by Russian soldiers. They begin firing before they are even out of the door.

Mason and Bridges return fire, standing their ground where they stood. Bullets from the enemy soldiers ricochet off their armor. The few bullets that tear through the outer pieces or into the armor itself are quickly repaired by the nanomites.

"This is great," Mason says with a mixture of laughter. "We're bullet proof!"

"We don't know that yet Jasper. We still need to find some cover," Bridges reasons.

They score hits on the Russian soldiers, but the white wolves prove to be a little harder to hit. The first one to reach the two men leaps at Mason, hitting him with enough force that it lifts into the air and throws him back several feet. Bridges turns unloading a fresh clip into the wolf. It dissolves like the Hell Hounds they have fought before. He reaches out his hand to help Mason to his feet when he was slammed into by another of the white wolves. Mason brings his weapon to bear when he too is tackled by two more of the wolves.

——

The moment the doors begin to part Nash and Matthews bolt to either side of the parting doors. A pack of white wolves pour out followed by Russian soldiers. Before either group has the opportunity to react both soldiers begin pouring firepower into them. The wolves dissolve into nothing and the soldiers drop to the ground bloodying the ice and snow. They then slip inside the complex with the option to head left or right.

"What do you think?" Nash asks.

"I don't think it's going to matter," Matthews answers truthfully. "We're bound to find Avyanna at some point."

"Or cause enough trouble so that she comes to look for us."

Nash cuts to the right with Matthews on his heels.

——

Bridges is the first to shake off his attacker. He pulls out his knife stabbing the wolf up through its jaw and digging it deep into it skull. When it dissolves he throws his knife into the closest wolf attacking Mason. It too dissolves allowing Mason the chance to fight back. He pushes up and throws the wolf from him. Bridges blasts it before it is able to recover and gets to its feet.

"Thanks man," Mason says.

"Hey, no problem. It's good we have these suits."

Yeah, tell me about it."

There celebration is ended quickly when bullets begin piercing the ground around them. Both men spin returning fire while looking for a way to end this battle and make their way into the complex.

Nash's voice break the repetitive back and forth fire. "Bridges? Mason? Status?"

"Currently fighting the locals just outside the doors," Bridges answers.

"Push getting inside," he instructs. "We don't know how large the complex is and we need to cause as much havoc as we can."

"Understood," Bridges confirms. "You heard the man."

"That's going to be harder than it looks," Mason says pointing ahead.

Two soldiers step out with PZR Grom missile launchers capable of delivering a 72 mm anti-aircraft missile set with a flight speed of 650 feet per second. Without missing a beat the soldiers fire the weapons sending the missiles straight at the two men. One of the missiles strikes Mason in the center of his chest while the other hits between both men.

——

Nash and Matthews work in unison as they traverse through the complex. Avyanna seems to be using more human soldiers over creatures or demons. Nash attributes this to her dislike of humans.

The complex goes from being built of concrete to tunnels carved out of the ice. Lights run the length of the tunnels on the ceiling and midway along the walls. The complex is a mass of tunnels. The tunnels connecting to the one they run through are smaller which told them they have found the main tunnel. It is only a matter of finding Avyanna.

Soldiers pour from the side tunnels attempting to create choke points but the two DEP Six soldiers still manage to burst through the traps alternately using the side tunnels as cover. Their armor saved them many times over since they entered the tunnels but they soon realize the armor can only take so much damage, especially at one time.

The more damage it takes the more the nanomite resources have to work. It left either places exposed or it took longer to heal. Luckily for them their exposed areas never took a second hit. As it stood the tunnels are empty, at least for the moment. They creep up from the side tunnel they currently are hiding in and slowly stalk up the tunnel.

"Mason? Bridges? Do you copy?" Nash asks over the secured line.

When no response comes he tries again getting the same no response. Sudden movement casts a shadow out of one of the side tunnels into the main. Nash holds up a fist halting both his and Matthews' progress. Both soldiers take aim on the edge of the tunnel. To their surprise Natalya steps out, unarmed.

"You've made it this far," she says. The tunnel carries her voice without her having to raise her voice. "Follow me." She cuts back into the tunnel leaving the two soldiers to either follow or find a different path.

"Do you think it's a trap?" Matthews asks.

"If it is we'll find out soon enough," he remarks. "She has been our informant so far, but she's also an opportunist."

"Right. Shall we?"

Nash folds his rifle across his chest and gesturing forward with his hand. She nods and takes the lead. They don't meet anymore opposition through the tunnels. When they reach the end of the small side tunnel it opens to a small circular room. In the center of the room Natalya stands stroking Bezaleel's head.

The two DEP Six agents step into the room with their guns slightly lowered but still pointing in Natalya and Bezaleel's general direction. Bezaleel growls at seeing Nash enter. The Fenrir can't see him but with his keen senses he can smell the man. Natalya uses her will to calm the furious nature of the beast.

"You have come a long way for nothing Commander," Natalya says subtly. "The gate is being loaded and will soon be on its way."

"I thought you were choosing a winning side," Nash speculates. "I get the feeling though you don't plan to let us pass or give us some information."

"Let us just say the powers shift constantly and right now it's favoring Avyanna. You and your team merely picked the wrong time to come here."

"I don't suppose you can be at two places at once?" Matthews asks maliciously.

"If you are referring to the two of your team attempting an attack on the east gate then no I don't have any worries," she answers with equal malice.

"I guess you leave us with no other choice," Nash says lifting his rifle.

Matthews takes the statement as a signal and does the same. Bezaleel moves with blinding speed catching Nash's arm in its jaw. His rifle is lifted up and away spraying bullets past Natalya up along the wall and ceiling. Nash futilely attempts to shake the creature free. The beast itself seems to have grown in strength since the last time he fought it.

Matthews takes an extra second to decide which target to go for. She chooses Natalya figuring Nash can hold his own against the foul beast. The extra second is all Natalya needs to gain the upper hand against her. Before Matthews can react, the demon has stepped into her inside, knocking aside her weapon before slamming a palm into her chest. Matthews flies backward. She drops her weapon and slams into the wall. Her Bor Sniper Rifle braces her from the shock of hitting the wall, clanking from the impact.

Quickly she slings off the gun grunting from pain in her ribs. She knows they are probably bruised, maybe even cracked. She ignores the pain as she brings the weapon to bear on Natalya, but once again the Succubus isn't where she should have been. Stars explode in her head obscuring her vision. The blow to the back of her head causes her to drop the rifle and fall forward. Matthews throws out her hands to catch and stop her fall. Natalya stands over her smiling.

——

Nash struggles against the Fenrir as the beast bears down on him. The beast's strength is immense and he can feel the Titan Armor over his arm slowly crush under the pressure. The nanomites struggle to fight and repair the armor. In the back of his mind Nash knows if it wasn't for the armor his arm would have already been torn off.

Balling his left hand into a fist he begins to pound Bezaleel's head but it doesn't seem to having any effect on the beast. Then all of a sudden the creature releases its grip and backs off slightly. Nash springs to his feet reaching for his knife. The armor on his armor is well shredded and small amounts of blood are dripping out onto the ground. The moment of reprieve allows the nanomites the freedom to heal and the armor is nearly fixed to new when Bezaleel attacks again.

——

Natalya begins to laugh at the outcome of the battle. Humans are weak and even with their feeble attempts to create an armor to fight against the demon race they still haven't improved their strength. She remains laughing as her wings slowly push out from her back. Horns form from the temples of her head. Her hands form into claws; nails glinting from the room's lighting. It will be your end now pitiful human. Too bad most of you rather seek out your God instead of joining us. It is only a matter of time before you become our slaves.

Matthews still on her hands and knees casts a stone cold look back at the demon. She lashes out with her right foot catching Natalya in the stomach with enough force to push her back. "You know what your problem is?" Matthews asks and then gave her the answer. "All you demons talk to fucking much!"

She is now on her feet stepping in throwing a combination of punches and kicks. Natalya quickly recovers from the midsection kick and is now blocking and parrying each blow the small human threw. She regains her footing and turns the attack around.

Matthews suddenly finds herself on the receiving end. Natalya is fast throwing punches and kicks. Matthews is just fast enough to match each blow with a block and every so often a counter attack. But the tables are slowly beginning to turn in the demon's favor. With every punch that comes her way, Matthews is finding it harder and harder to match or parry. In that instant she knows Natalya is holding back and playing with her. She lets one of the demon's punches land which forces her back and gives her a little breathing room, even if it is only for a few seconds.

She reaches around grabbing the hilt of her knife and waits until Natalya comes in. In an instant she pulls out her knife and slices across the demon's stomach. As she reaches the pinnacle of her swing, she spins the knife around and slices up at an angle cutting across Natalya's chest. The demon steps back grabbing at her chest through the torn shirt. Matthews can see blood filter through her fingers and knows the first cut was superficial but the second struck home.

No more playing with you bitch!

It was no more playing for Matthews too. She knows fighting any kind of demon had only two endings: the demon's death or hers. She is all for the former. She flips her knife up, catching it at its tip and pulls back to throw it.

——

Bezaleel slams into Nash forcing him to the ground. As soon as he land he uses the momentum to kick the beast off him. He is on his feet at the same moment the Fenrir is. The creature shakes its head and races at the man once again. This time Nash is hit harder than he ever had been before. The force is like being hit by a freight train. He feels his body leaving the ground as he flies backward. He knows he has to do something or this fight will be over real soon.

Nash flicks his wrist and drives it into the side of the beast and feels nothing happen. Only then does he realize his knife is no longer in his hand. He concludes he must have dropped it at the moment of impact. His stomach lurches as the feeling of defeat wells up inside him. Then the wall looms up behind him and all he sees is blackness.

——

Matthews throws the knife as hard as she can. The blade doesn't hit where she intended it to but it does strike Natalya in the shoulder. The Mythril laced blade will be enough to slow her down. Matthews quickly scans the room in search of her rifle. She sees Nash in trouble and knows she has to move fast. Spotting the gun she dives for it, scoops it up, takes aim and fires.

If Natalya has some kind of extra sense it came in handy for her. As if having some insight to Matthews' intentions she is already moving to dodge. Whether it is the Mythril coursing through her blood slowly her down or because she is just simply too slow, the bullet tear through her shoulder opposite of the one the knife is currently in.

Matthews aimed for her heart but she doesn't complain when the bullet exits the demon blowing out flesh with it. Natalya spins landing in a heap. Matthew quickly turns her focus over in Nash's direction. Bezaleel is steadily tearing open the Titan Armor chest piece. The only thing saving the man's life is the nanomites and their quick repairing abilities, but with the creature's ferocity they aren't be able to keep up.

Matthews takes aim centering on the beast's head. Using experimental bullets laced with Mythril she hopes it will be enough to put the creature down. She takes in a breath and holds it then squeezes the trigger.

The impact of the bullet blows half of Bezaleel's head apart. The creature drops where it stands; the remaining portion of its head lolls to the side, barely staying attached. A few seconds later its body slowly dissolves leaving Nash's unconscious form lying on the ground.

Matthews slings the rifle over her shoulder then rushes over to Nash's side. Silence falls over the small room allowing her to hear voices carrying from somewhere in the tunnels. The sound is steadily getting louder telling her she needs to get moving. She looks around the room checking for Natalya but the demon is nowhere to be found. There is a good chance the demon was dead, but somewhere deep inside Matthews knows this wouldn't be the last time Natalya is seen.

With the aid of strength the Titan Armor provides, she lifts Nash over her shoulder and goes back through the tunnel that brought them to the room.

——

Bridges rolls over on his side. The black slowly begins to fade from his vision bringing him back to the present and white. The ringing in his ears is still there and is as loud as ever. The seconds tick by but to him it feels like forever. As his hearing begins to return and the ringing fades he begins to reorient himself with what has taken place. The rockets followed by the explosion then the blackness.

Mason!

Bridges scrambles to his hands and knees searching around for some sign of his teammate. He can hear voices carrying over the howling wind.

Do they think we're still alive? Fuck!

He gets to his feet and assesses his current situation. His armor is ragged and torn. The nanomites seem to be working but barely. Luckily the Titan Armor saved his suit underneath, saving him from the blistering cold. He takes a step and nearly falls. His head spins from the still lingering effects of the missile. He knows he has a concussion but that was going to be the last of his worries if he didn't get moving and find Mason.

He gets back to his feet, head swimming and takes another step. Each step is better than the last and soon he is confident he can handle things. He thinks to look for his gun but with not seeing anything within the immediate area and the voices getting closer he puts forward his efforts to finding his teammate and friend.

With his armor malfunctioning, he has no sensors or instrumentation and really has no way of knowing what direction he is heading in. The minutes tick by and every step he makes takes him deeper into the endless white until he trips over something big.

He keeps silent as he falls face first into the snow. If it were an animal he doesn't dare give away his position. He lies still for a moment and when no movement comes he turns his head and looks back. "Mason!" he yells.

There isn't any answer and Bridges fears the worse. He scrambles over to the unconscious man. Mason's Titan Armor is in worse condition than his own and his suit underneath is shredded. Bridges can't tell how bad his skin is beneath but so far it looks like superficial scratches and bruising.

The crunch of snow comes from behind the two men followed by a voice. "Poluchyte vverzh medlenno," the soldier says, gun pointed at Bridges' back. "Get up slowly."

Bridges looks around using his eyes and spots Mason's weapon. "Okay, okay," he says lifted his hands up. He begins to rise then suddenly he rolls forward, grabbing the gun in the process. Midway through the roll Bridges turns his body landing on his side and he pulls the trigger.

Bullets spew forth riddling the unsuspecting soldier. The man drops where he stands never having the opportunity to fire his own weapon. More voices come carried over the wind, the firing attracting their attention. Bridges grabs the soldier's rifle shouldering it with his own, then picks up Mason's body over his shoulder.

Bridges doesn't know where he intends to hide but he has to at least try to get someplace safe. His answer comes a few steps away when the ground cracks and splits, dropping both men down.

——

Matthews carries Nash through the tunnels of the complex without incident. She keeps to the shadows avoiding any enemy contact. By the time she reaches the entrance of the place Nash regains consciousness. "Welcome back to the world sir," Matthews whispers.

"It's good to be back," he replies still a bit groggy. "What are we waiting for?"

"Two guards on the inside, not sure how on the outside."

"Any word from Mason or Bridges?" he asks not sure how long he was out or how much he had missed.

"Nothing, but I am picking up a signal from Bridges armor," she answers. Catching the questioned look on Nash's face she says, "You've been out of things for about a half hour now."

"Oh, that's not too bad then."

"No it isn't," she agrees. She has the Bor rifle up and looking through the scope. The reticle drops over the center to the left guard's head. With no elements or obstacles to consider it would be an easy two shot for her. She squeezes the trigger then turns to take out the right guard. The man's brains are splattering against the door before the first man has even fully fallen to the floor.

"Nice shooting Matthews."

"Thank you sir. Shall we get moving?"

12