Man's Best Friend Ch. 07

Story Info
Greg finally gets to meet Alice's daughter.
4.2k words
4.66
14.8k
9

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers

It was with some trepidation that Greg rang Alice's doorbell that Sunday afternoon. It wasn't every day that he got to meet his lover's daughter for the first time, and he was feeling decidedly queasy in the pit of his stomach.

Alice opened the door with a little smile.

"Hi! Nervous?"

"Um, yes, a little."

"Me, too, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Come on in."

She ushered him into the living room where her disabled daughter was sitting in an armchair, waiting for them. His first impression was that she looked very much like a young version of Alice - her hair was much shorter, cut into an almost boyish bob, but it was the same dark, almost raven black colour, and her eyes had the same intelligence, a hint of mischief behind an appraising look which made her look older than her years.

"Hi Chloe, nice to meet you."

"Hi, Mr. Edwards. You'll forgive me if I don't get up."

He had to grin - that dry sense of humour was very familiar.

"I think we can dispense with the formalities. Call me Greg, please."

Her quick answering smile was warm. A good start. He took a seat on the sofa next to Alice and braced himself for a grilling. He felt as though he was attending a job interview, which in a sense, he supposed, he was. He didn't have long to wait.

"So, how did you meet Mum?"

He re-told the tale of Alice's dog, King, trespassing in his garden and jumping in the pool where he was swimming, even though he was well aware that Alice had already told Chloe the story.

"Swimming pool, eh? Nice! That must have cost a bit."

"It was already there when we moved in many years ago, although we had to do a lot of work on it."

"So, was the water nice and warm, Mum?"

Alice was a bit taken aback at her daughter's obvious fishing, but resolved to tell the truth.

"It was a bit bracing, to be honest, but I was so hot and sweaty that it felt lovely."

Chloe smiled to herself. Round one to her. She knew her mother too well not to spot when she'd left bits out of the original tale. She changed tack.

"I was very sorry to hear about your wife, Mr., er, Greg."

"Oh, thank you. I can't believe that it's been over two years now."

"So, do you think you're ready for another relationship?"

"Chloe!"

Alice looked horrified, and Greg was somewhat taken by surprise, too. This girl didn't believe in holding back! In a way, that made things simpler, though.

"It's OK, Alice, it's a fair question."

He addressed Chloe directly.

"If you'd asked me that a couple of months ago, I'd have said definitely not. Not because I wasn't ready to move on, but because I couldn't envisage ever loving somebody else. But then I met your Mum, and that changed everything."

Chloe nodded, appreciating his honesty and the fact that he didn't talk down to her.

"Good answer. And I'm sorry for being intrusive."

"No need to apologise. I always think it's best to be open, and you've every right to want to know all about the guy that your Mum's, er, dating. I like the way that you two look out for each other."

He turned the conversation back to Chloe, asking her about school and her plans after O-levels, and Alice noted wryly that her daughter was more forthcoming with him than she was with her own mother at times. She hadn't heard much about last Friday's birthday party until now, but Chloe's story about one of her friends getting drunk for the first time and losing her glasses down the toilet had them all laughing.

"Oh, talking of your party, I nearly forgot."

Greg got up and fetched a carrier bag from the hallway.

"Happy birthday, Chloe!"

She was somewhat taken by surprise to see him pull a small, gift-wrapped package out of the bag and hand it to her.

"Oh, you didn't have to ..."

"I wanted to. And I've cheated, because I've got exactly the same thing for your Mum, too."

Now it was Alice's turn to look startled, as he passed an identical package to her. Chloe won the race, making Alice smile as she ripped off the ribbon and silver paper in her eagerness to see what he'd bought for her. In some ways she was still a child.

"Oh, wow! That's gorgeous!"

She held up a pendant, a small, dark green gemstone in a simple setting, suspended on a fine gold chain.

"That's really sweet of you, thank you!"

Alice was now holding her own pendant, smiling at Greg and brushing away a tear. She couldn't remember the last time someone had bought jewellery for her, and to buy a matching pair for her and Chloe was such a lovely gesture.

"Help me put it on, please, Mum? I'm rubbish at these fiddly catches."

Alice happily fastened the pendant around her daughter's neck, then put on her own, admiring herself in the mirror on the wall.

"It's lovely, thank you!"

She bent down to kiss him softly on the lips, lingering a few moments longer than necessary until her offspring rolled her eyes.

"Get a room, guys!"

They all burst out laughing, the ice well and truly broken, but if Greg thought his interview was over, he soon learned the error of his ways.

Chloe quizzed him about his own daughters, asking how much he saw of them, and picking up immediately on his choice of words when he mentioned his youngest daughter's partner.

"As in female partner?"

"Yes."

"And you don't approve?"

She hadn't meant it to come out quite so sharply, but she'd detected a note of displeasure in his tone. She hadn't yet confided in her mother that she was pretty sure that she herself preferred girls to boys. Not that it was likely to be an issue, given that any potential partners of either sex wouldn't see past her wheelchair, anyway, she thought bitterly.

"No, I don't. Not because Kim's a lesbian, I have no problem at all with that, but because I think her current partner is a user, probably in both senses, and I hate to see Kim unhappy."

This was all news to Alice, and she marvelled again at her daughter's ability to read between the lines and spot things which she herself had missed. Chloe was watching her mother's reaction very closely.

"I hadn't realised that Kim is gay. It's sad that she's in a relationship like that, but she's very young - I'm sure she'll find another girl who will be good for her."

Unnoticed, Chloe breathed out again. She'd always known that her Mum's views were quite liberal, but wasn't sure how she'd react when it was so close to home. It seemed that neither her Mum nor this new guy would be judgemental, and she was secretly relieved. Perhaps she'd risk coming out to her after all.

When there was finally a lull in the conversation, Alice suggested a walk along the promenade to give King some exercise and let them all work up an appetite for tea. Greg watched the way Alice helped Chloe into her wheelchair, something she had clearly done a thousand times. He loved the bond that existed between mother and daughter, forged in necessity with them living alone together for well over a decade. He found himself wanting to be a part of that, too. He addressed Chloe rather than Alice.

"Do you mind if I push?"

Chloe turned her head and grinned at him.

"Yeah, OK. It'll give us a chance to have a chat."

That sounded ominous, but he thought he could probably handle it. He really liked this feisty girl who had battled through a tough start in life, and was absolutely her mother's daughter.

It was breezy on the front, and Alice was buffeted both by the wind and by King pulling eagerly on his leash. It was good of Greg to take a turn with the wheelchair, although he probably didn't know what he'd let himself in for! She took the dog onto the beach, let him run free, and kept a diplomatic distance from Greg and Chloe.

Chloe was as blunt as ever.

"Do you love her?"

"Yes. A lot."

"She's been so much happier lately. I think you're good for her, but you're a lot older, and she's been hurt so many times ..."

"I know. Yes, she's a lot younger than me, but I love her and want to be with her forever. I promise to take good care of her."

"You'd better!"

He grinned, and she could hear the amusement in his voice behind her.

"I know. I'll have you to reckon with otherwise!"

"Too right. Just be careful, please?"

They were both serious now.

"I promise."

When Alice rejoined them, she was relieved to find them chatting like old friends. It looked as though he'd passed the test. Her conclusion was confirmed when they got back to the house and Chloe not only let Greg lift her out of the chair and into the living room, but also uttered not one word of her customary complaints about being perfectly capable of doing it herself.

She could, in fact, walk a few paces unaided, but Alice was always terrified that she'd fall, and they had the argument every time. Now Chloe had fallen under Greg's spell, too, it seemed. She felt a twinge of jealousy, then laughed at how ridiculous that was. This was exactly how she'd been hoping things would work out today - she couldn't have asked for more.

Alice busied herself in the kitchen, proudly producing a home-made chocolate birthday cake with "sweet sixteen" neatly drawn on the top, and bowls of fruit, jelly and ice cream. Chloe complained, predictably, about being treated like a kid, but Greg noted that she happily tucked in, as did he and Alice, and, much to his amusement, King, when the dog thought nobody was looking.

After they'd eaten and sung "Happy birthday" to an embarrassed Chloe, he brought out one last surprise from his trusty carrier bag - a bottle of sparkling wine, which he uncorked with a flourish and a loud bang which sent King barking loudly and tearing around the room. Amidst the chaos, he saw Chloe exchange a questioning glance with Alice, who nodded her approval with a smile. He filled three glasses, and they drank a toast to Chloe, who then proposed one herself, to families. Greg felt a lump in his throat. Could he really be a part of this amazing family?

It was getting late, and when he saw Chloe yawning, he knew that it was time to say his goodbyes.

Chloe spotted him hesitating about whether to shake her hand, and took pity on him, stretching out her arms for a hug. She even kissed him on the cheek, and thanked him again for her birthday present.

On the doorstep he got another kiss, a rather more passionate one, from Alice, who whispered in his ear.

"She likes you. Thank you so much for everything today. I really wish that you could be in my bed tonight."

She reached down and squeezed his cock through his trousers.

"I promise to make it up to you next time!"

She was still smiling when she returned to the living room.

"OK, birthday girl, let's get you to bed."

"Mmmm, I am a bit tired."

As Alice kissed her goodnight and turned to switch off the light, she heard her Chloe's sleepy voice.

"Mum? He's all right."

Alice grinned. High praise indeed from her hard to please daughter. Maybe, just maybe, everything was going to work out well for the three of them.

Over breakfast the next morning, Chloe was a little more forthcoming, but also sounded a note of caution.

"He seems like a nice guy, Mum, but I don't want to see you get hurt again."

"I know, sweetheart. I'm just taking it one day at a time, with no expectations."

Chloe was sceptical.

"I know you - you don't do things by halves ..."

Alice laughed.

"Pot to kettle! Since when have you ever held back?"

"Hmmmm, good point. Must be in the genes. Anyway, he does think a lot of you, and he's pretty cool for an older guy, even if he did try to bribe me with a birthday present."

"Which you're still wearing, I notice," retorted Alice dryly. "You don't mind that he gave us the same present?"

"No, that was sweet. I wasn't expecting anything, and the pendants are gorgeous. He has good taste - in jewellery and women."

Alice chuckled.

"Hands off, he's mine!"

"Hah! Not my type, you're safe!"

Chloe almost told her mother why any male wouldn't be her type, but her courage faltered. Safer to talk about her Mum's relationship.

"You could have had him stay over, you know."

"You wouldn't mind?"

"No, provided the two of you don't keep me awake all night!"

"Chloe!"

The teenager rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, Mum. I do know that even old people have sex!"

"Cheeky madam!"

Chloe giggled.

"I get it from you. Anyway, it's cool if you want him to stay overnight is all I'm saying."

"Good to know. What did you two talk about on the front yesterday?"

"Oh, nothing much, just chat." said Chloe vaguely.

Alice didn't believe her for a second, but let it drop. She was just glad that they got along together.

In the car on the way to school, Chloe was uncharacteristically quiet for a while, and Alice let her mind wander to thoughts of Greg and when she could see him again.

"Mum?"

"Mmm?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, sweetheart. What is it?"

It wasn't like Chloe to sound so reticent. Was it something about Greg?

"Mum, I think I might be gay."

Oh. She hadn't been expecting that. Not that she hadn't suspected for a while, she knew her daughter's teenage passions and crushes too well, but the timing was odd. Why now? She spoke gently.

"Thank you for telling me, and it's not a problem at all."

"You don't mind?"

"Of course I don't mind. I love you, and it doesn't make the slight bit of difference whether you're into girls or boys or both. Anybody you love and who loves you will be just fine by me."

A thought occurred to her, and she experienced a moment's panic - Chloe was so young!

"There isn't someone in particular?"

"No, of course not, I'm definitely not ready for any sort of relationship, even if someone would have me. It's just that we were talking about Greg's daughter yesterday, and you both were so open and understanding, and I felt bad for not having had the guts to tell you. We always share everything."

Alice pulled up in one of the disabled spaces in the school car park, switched off the engine and put her arms around her daughter.

"Be true to yourself, Chloe. Be proud. When you're older, find yourself a girlfriend and be happy. Just make sure you bring her home so I can vet her!"

Chloe was half laughing, half crying as she hugged her mother tight.

"I love you, Mum. And if I ever do find someone mad enough to want half a girlfriend, you'll be the first to know."

"You're not half a person, any girl would be very lucky to have you."

Chloe was unconvinced, but happy and relieved that her Mum had taken the revelation so well.

"Maybe some day. You just concentrate on your own love life, OK?"

Days turned into weeks and weeks stretched into months. Greg and Alice spent as many snatched hours together as they could, alternating weekends between his place and hers - Greg became a regular visitor, and when he did sometimes stay over, Alice became used to dealing with her daughter's raised eyebrow and knowing smirks at the breakfast table.

At his house Alice could lose her inhibitions, and her sexuality blossomed as they explored each other's fantasies. When she was feeling particularly wild she loved to tease him and provoke his dominant side until she ended up over his knee or pinned down beneath his weight as he pounded into her. Other times she was tired from work or in a romantic mood, and he stroked her and massaged her aching muscles lovingly, then made sweet love to her until everything was right in her world again.

They swam naked and free in his pool, serenaded by birdsong and the sounds of the breeze rustling through the trees all around. Once she swam up to him, put her arms around his neck and jumped up to wrap her legs around his waist. His hands went beneath her bottom, and he pulled her close until his cock was pressed against her belly. She murmured in his ear.

"Mmm, do you think we can make love underwater?"

By way of answer, he lifted her almost weightless body higher, and she felt his hardness nudging at her sex. The water tended to wash away her natural lubricant, and he struggled to enter her, but she reached down to help, and finally she felt him fill her up. The feeling of buoyancy with her whole body off the ground made her feel deliciously free, his strong hands doing all the work, gripping her bum cheeks and bouncing her effortlessly up and down on his shaft.

"Yes, Greg, use me! Make yourself come inside me!"

It still amazed him that she could get so much pleasure from pleasing him, when she wouldn't come at all but rejoiced in his orgasm instead. She'd told him that she wanted to make every fantasy of his come true, no matter how taboo, and she was well on her way to achieving that. He'd never known a girl have such an unbridled love of sex and such delight in pleasing him. Mind you, he didn't seem to be doing so badly at fulfilling her needs, either, he reflected. They were so good together.

He pulled her down one last time and held her there, his cock buried as deep as it would go inside her, filling her with his hot seed as she clung to his neck and he held her tight, their lips locked together. When he finally released her, his legs were shaky but his whole body was buzzing.

"I love you so much, Alice."

They were halcyon days, and even Alice, with all her insecurities and relationship issues, was beginning to think that they had a future together. Greg was a big part of their lives now, celebrating with them when Chloe got her GCSE results, which exceeded all their expectations, and opened the way for her to study for A-levels at the sixth form college of her choice, with a view to going on to University.

He was there when Alice was struggling with her busy life, supporting her and even taking Chloe to some of her physio sessions so Alice could have a break. He'd take Chloe and their dog, King, out for long walks, and best of all, he'd hold Alice close when they were alone, cuddle her and tell her that everything was going to be all right.

Greg was blissfully happy when they were together, too, but sometimes, alone in the house with too much time on his hands, he worried about the future. He was so much older than her, and whilst it was wonderful for him to have a gorgeous, uninhibited younger girlfriend, she was becoming dependent on him, and he wasn't sure that was good for her. She wasn't the only one with insecurities, but he'd grown up thinking that men always had to be strong, and was thus less forthcoming in revealing his own worries.

Sometimes he felt that it was all too good to last, and he berated himself for being unable to enjoy the moment. His love for Alice was a double-edged sword, making him so happy, but also making him responsible for doing the right thing by her. If only he knew what that was.

It all came to a head one grey day in early September. With Chloe happily ensconced in her first term at the new college, Alice impulsively took the day off work and rang Greg to ask if she could pop round to his place for a few stolen hours together.

Greg was delighted, and hastily set about tidying the place up for her, only to be interrupted by another call. By the time he put the 'phone down, he was worried and depressed. It was his youngest daughter, Kim, and she was clearly distressed, not herself at all. She wouldn't go into any detail, other than that she was having some issues with her partner, Abby, but she sounded desperate as she tearfully begged him to help her out with a loan.

He'd often given her cash when she was younger, but these days she was fiercely independent and never, ever asked him for anything. This wasn't like her at all, and it was a substantial amount, too - a couple of thousand. He didn't care about the money, he had enough savings, but it worried him deeply that she wouldn't tell him what it was for, or what kind of trouble she was in. He arranged the bank transfer with a frown on his face. He loved his daughter unconditionally, but she'd clearly got herself into a messy situation, and he felt powerless to protect her - she was so impulsive at times. Like Alice, he thought.

ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers
12