Marshmallows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's because you don't do it right" Satan then pulled out his saber and stuck a Marshmallow on the end. He then waved his hand over Georgyi's body and it disappeared. He waved is hand again and the fire became a bed of hot coals.

"And I suppose you are an expert?" Carl shouldered his pack.

"Of course I am the expert on the roasting and toasting of all things including marshmallows, the settings on your toaster for toaster pastries and waffles, chicken, hot dogs and the soul of departed werewolves."

Carl grunted "Of course, so what keeps you so busy that you miss our meetings when it's your turn to buy? And don't think that went unnoticed particularly by Vlad."

"Are you kidding, I have major elections coming up in Europe and the Americas, a worldwide financial crisis, politicians fretting about having no money to loot from the treasury to buy votes. I have populations upset because politicians won't be able to buy their votes. I have bankers and politicians looting the same treasury to cover their mistakes and getting rich in the process. There are college students with a sense of entitlement acting like spoiled kids because somebody has more than they do. I have a drug war in Mexico, an Arab spring that if I play it right can give me a couple more tyrannical regimes masquerading as "Islamic Republics". They might be replacing one set of tyrants with another and I gain a few souls in the process. By the way I do so love it when I get you humans twist religion for an evil purpose. Things have not been this promising since 1917."

"Whatever, I got stuck with tab again because you pulled a no show."

"That because you are soft touch, the ultimate nice guy, anyway this is how you roast a marshmallow, no open flame but hot coals and you get a nice golden brown all the around, you don't let it catch fire." Satan then popped the hot marshmallow straight into his mouth."

Carl thought Satan would burn his mouth on the marshmallow then remembered he was Satan. Carl shook his head and picked up the rifle. "You know us humans just might work things out. Those Arab countries might turn out OK."

Satan shrugged "Recent history is on my side" He then started another marshmallow

"I'll still bet on my side"

"How much?"

"What?"

"I asked, how much you willing to bet?'

"You know I am not ever going to bet my soul right?"

"You know I am always going to try to get you to change your mind right? But if not your soul how about what I owe you for all those meals"

"Not much of a bet I merely win what you already owe me or lose money I am already out."

"Double or nothing?"

"Forget it victory conditions would be too hard and to long to establish, just pick up the tab next time."

"OK, your choice"

"I have to head out and get to my LZ for extraction, do me a favor and put out the fire when you're done."

"Putting out fires goes against the grain but will do see you next week...maybe"

"Yeah well enjoy the marshmallows"

The werewolves had made it back to their two off road utility vehicles. They transformed back into human form and got dressed. Abram, Gelya and Alexi were in one vehicle with Alexi driving, Abram shotgun and Gelya in back, Peter and Rani road in the other. As they headed down a dirt road Gelya spoke first. "You knew that it was a Paladin we were stalking didn't you?"

Abram kept his eyes forward. "Not at first, something bothered me while we stalked him but I didn't know until the campsite and I got good scent,"

Alexi asked "Paladin's have a distinctive scent?"

"No they smell like all humans but like humans each has and individual smell. I have encountered him before" Abram reached up and ran his fingers along the scarf covering his neck wound. "He is the one that gave me this."

Gelya leaned forward. "But that would make him over 300 years old?"

"I think, judging by his skill, much older. We are not the only long lived beings out there so get used to it and remember what I said there is easier prey out there. Beside you only have one option with a Paladin, kill them. Neither we nor vampires can bring them over. Kill then yes, convert them no."

Alexi who seemed deep in thought. "You used the Paladin to get rid of Georgyi didn't you? You could have told him what he was going up against it"

"Either way Georgyi would have ended up dead , by my hand or the Paladin's. I was just saved the effort."

"What about Alena and Jean"

"If they would turn against me that easily I would have had to kill then sooner or later also. This does complicate our move to the city. I am going to turn at least two more members before we can even think about the move."

There being a lack of cell phone coverage each vehicle was equipped with a small hand held radio and Rani's voice came over one asking "can we stop for some marshmallows when we get to a store?"

Gelya repeated the 'Oh yes can we get some marshmallows and also some hot chocolate?"

"I guess" Abram said as he watched a helicopter moving off in the distance.

12