Martin v. Davis

Story Info
A fiesty attorney meets her harrasser and is conquered.
2.5k words
3.6
22.1k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

July 22, 2004
Miss Shelley Martin
Somewhere in Jersey
New Jersey, USA

Miss Martin:

I'm writing to follow up on a request that was made of you regarding a publication you are currently receiving entitled simply, "The Coach."

As with any publication, we're interested in receiving your feedback regarding the publication. Our records show you have received Chapters 1-5. Your comments are appreciated and are important to us in our development of this and other publications.


Best Regards,

Dean Edwards


Mr. Dean Edwards
The Greater Spokane Area
Washington USA

Dear Mr. Martin:

Thank you for your letter of inquiry regarding the MS of "The Coach". By now, you should have received my editorial comments on chapters 1-5 in a separate letter.

It is seldom that we here at Martin Publishing are excited about the work of a new author, but I think you can see by the comments I have made that we look forward to our continued dialogue.

I understand that chapters 6-41 have also been completed I look forward to critiquing them as well.

Perhaps we should meet. It would be my distinct pleasure to show you Pittsburgh, the City of Champions.


With best regards,

Miss Michele Martin, Esq.
Assistant to the Publisher
Martin Publishing Co.

Miss Martin,
Thanks for your quick response. Have you ever heard of the singing group, "My Hairy Brother?" They are located in the Bay Area in California and in one of their songs, refer to Oakland as "The City of Champions." I'm certain your reference to Pittsburgh as the City of Champions was an oversight.

Our records, confirmed by the Elias Sports Bureau, list the following championships for both cities.

Super Bowl 9, Pittsburgh Steelers
Super Bowl 10, Pittsburgh Steelers
Super Bowl 13, Pittsburgh Steelers
Super Bowl 14, Pittsburgh Steelers
World Series 1909, Pittsburgh Pirates
World Series 1925, Pittsburgh Pirates
World Series 1960, Pittsburgh Pirates
World Series 1971, Pittsburgh Pirates
World Series 1979, Pittsburgh Pirates

Super Bowl 11, Oakland Raiders
Super Bowl 15, Oakland Raiders
Super Bowl 18, Oakland/LA Raiders
World Series 1972, Oakland A's
World Series 1973, Oakland A's
World Series 1974, Oakland A's
World Series 1989, Oakland A's
NBA Championship 1975, Golden State Warriors

Since championships before World War II are not recognized by the Elias Sports Bureau, Oakland has 8 championships to Pittsburgh's 7.

Please cease and desist from referring to Pittsburgh as the City of Champions or we will pursue litigation.


Respectfully,

Dean Edwards
P.S. I'd love to meet to discuss my publication. What hotel?

Mr. Edwards,

Our previous communication regarding your sports novel aside, I must now ask you to seriously reconsider the implications you make in your last missive. Pittsburgh has registered the trademark "City of Champions" and it has appeared, unchallenged, in all the city's promotional materials since at least 1976. Our meeting, Sir, should it take place, will most certainly take place in a restaurant, not a hotel. Do not presume an intimacy unsupported by our recent correspondence.


Regards,
Shelley Martin, Esq.
Martin Publishing


Miss Martin,
I'll surely meet you in a restaurant, assuming it is hooked on to a hotel.

Dean Edwards

CERTIFIED MAIL: RETURN RECEIPT REQUIRED
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:52:57 -0400

Mr. Edwards,
We are writing this letter on behalf of our colleague, Miss Shelley Martin, Esq., who has asked that you refrain from making comments of a suggestive or sexual nature in your business communication with her.

Should you decide not to desist, a copy of our proposed lawsuit, Martin v. Davis, is enclosed. Please take it to your attorney.


Ms. Ellen Goodman
Adjunct Counsel
National Organization for Women
Washington D.C.

CERTIFIED MAIL: RETURN RECEIPT REQUIRED
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:54:18 -0700

Ms. Goodman,
Bring it on. And stay out of our business. By the way, I've enclosed a CD of Kobe Tai. Enjoy.

Dean Harris
***********************
Author's note: one would order a Beaujolais with lobster, not a Pouilly Fuisse. Go with it.


"Mr. Davis. How do you do? I'm so glad we could schedule this meeting. I'm attorney Michele Martin. My friends call me Shelley." She sat, crossing her legs and trying vainly to tug down her short suit skirt.

His eyes met hers, and then knowing she was watching him, he gazed at her breasts...stared a while and then down to her sexy legs he went...he smiled a satisfied smile...whether he won the court case or not, the process sure was going to be fun, he thought.

"This arrogant S.O.B." she thought. "He thinks I'm too young to know my way around a case like this...he is kinda cute, though, in a jock-all-grown-up way..." Shelley smiled her brilliant "I'm gonna cut you into ribbons" smile. "Mr. Davis, do me a favor. Look me in the eye when you talk to me, all right?"

"Oh, yes, of course, Miss Martin, Shelley." Looking in her eye and then trailing down again to her sexy outfit, wondering how long it might take him to get inside that blouse.

"I'm gonna match this sucker toe to toe and see how far he goes," thought Shelley. "Mr. Davis...is there something inside my blouse that interests you?" Shelley said, leaning forward with her elbows on the table.

As a matter of fact, there is," he said, "But perhaps we should have lunch first and then see what we can come up with for dessert?"

"Really. Really? I don't eat dessert, Mr. Davis."

"Well then," he replied, taking her hand and sliding next to her in the booth...."We can share a main course."

"Mr. Davis, I'm surprised at you. I gave you the perfect opportunity to suggest eating me for dessert."

At this, Dean Davis cracked a wide grin. "Why, Miss Martin, how forward of you. Do you make such indecent offers to all your clients?"

Shelley was flustered, so much so, she couldn't hide the fact. "Really, Mr. Davis, you are impossible. I'm not sure we should even be at lunch, considering our previous inability to speak civilly. You know what an awkward position I'm in, as both your editor and potential litigant against you." The red-haired attorney hid her discomfiture behind a menu. She planned to order the most expensive thing she could find, toy with it and leave the majority of it on her plate and not ask for a doggie bag. "That ought to help put him in his place" she thought smugly.

But Davis beat her to it. "We have enough time today, Miss Martin, to have an extended luncheon. While you were in the powder room, I took the liberty of text messaging your secretary, canceling your afternoon appointments," as Shelley gaped, speechless, to the waiter he said "Miss Martin and I will each have the 2 pound lobsters and a French wine. What do you suggest?"

Eyeing the pair's expensive clothing, briefcases and shoes, the waiter ratcheted up the check. "With the lobster, sir, I would suggest a ‘69 Pouilly Fuisse."

"Ah, yes, a ‘69. My favorite vintage," said a grinning Davis, his insinuation unmistakable. The waiter nearly laughed, but seeing the red creep up Shelley's neck, he recovered himself enough to simply respond "yes, sir," before withdrawing.

"Mr. Davis, I'm sure you are aware that a '69 Pouilly Fuisse runs about $120 a bottle?"

"Waiter," Davis called. When the server had returned, Davis said. "Make that two bottles of the '69."

************

Surprisingly, once Shelley got over the man's audacity, she had to grudgingly admit she was having a good time. Despite her vow, she polished off her lobster while the two were discussing his novel and her suggestions for improving it. There seemed to be a tacit understanding that, during the meal, at any rate, her threatened sexual harassment suit would not be discussed

"This girl has a healthy appetite," Davis thought. "I wonder if I'm going to find out what else she has an appetite for? I'd like to serve my cock and see if she'll nibble…" The swelling was unmistakable, but fortunately, hidden by the table. He tried to stop himself from thinking about having sex with the girl but she insisted on crossing and uncrossing her legs, and her heels, with the little bows on top of the open toes, were driving him to distraction. She had the habit of swinging her foot as she spoke that was stimulating, to say the least.

She was delicately sucking on one of the lobster's tentacles when her eyes met Davis,' and he felt the look in his cock. He had watched as she cracked open her lobster's shell and methodically pried and coaxed the meat from its shell. Shelley was expert at prying out the smallest lobster morsel, honed by years of living at the shore and dining on whatever the fishing boats turned up. He tried not to be obvious, but he couldn't help stare at her pink tongue as darted in and out of her mouth, teasing the last bit of the sweet flesh from its shell. She seemed unaware that her sucking was distracting Davis, who had to shake his head a bit before he could speak.

"I'm really a perfectionist, so your critiques piss me off," Davis said off-handedly.

" 'Scuse me?"" she replied, puzzled, as she dabbed the corners of her mouth with her napkin.

"My book. Your critiques piss me off, because I hate to make mistakes of any kind."

Before Shelley replied, she looked him straight in the eye and opened her mouth quite wide to take in the last chunk of claw meat, closing her lips around the fork delicately and not even disturbing her lipstick, which she had managed not to mar throughout the entire meal. She sipped her wine before speaking. He was still staring at her mouth.

"Mr. Davis, when I wrote to you that we at Martin Publishing were excited to be working with such an exciting new author, I was being quite sincere." She nodded yes when he offered to refill her wine glass. They were just about to empty the second bottle. "That doesn't mean, however, that the manuscript couldn't do with a little editing. I may be an attorney, but before I finished law school, I worked on the editing side, and I do like to keep my hand in."

"Oh, I appreciate everything you've done for me, believe me. Will you…consider staying with me through the end of the book?"

"Staying with you…oh, you mean, staying with the editing process? Well, yes, I think I could do that."

Was Davis mistaken, or had she seemed a bit shaken when he asked her to stay with him? Hmm.

"You know, we should probably spend a few moments discussing your law suit…" he murmured, as he gestured for another bottle of wine.

"Oh, that," she said with a dismissive little wave of her hand. "I think Ellen may have been….um…overeager to protect my professional integrity. I no longer believe you meant anything sexual by your comments, Mr. Davis."

"Then, Miss Martin, you would be mistaken. I meant every sexual thing I said to you." Davis poured them two glasses of wine from the new bottle, and slid closer to Shelley on the banquette. "You see, Miss Martin, I may be a dinosaur, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being direct when a man is attracted to a woman. It certainly lowers the confusion factor, doesn't it?"

Shelley was well on her way to being affected by the wine – Davis noted with satisfaction that her cleavage and face were now flushed – but she roused herself for what she thought was a spirited reply. "Mr. Davis, one man's sexual come-on is another woman's sexual harassment. Surely you can tell the difference."

For some reason, Shelley thought, I can't seem to look at anything but his strong hands. And those shoulders…forget about abs, a woman likes powerful shoulders, and this man seemed to have them.

"Miss Martin, really" Davis chuckled. "I think in anyone's book it would be defined as just delightful foreplay, nothing more."

"Oh, please, Mr. Davis, you've been around the block a time or two. Let's say, for example, that I slipped off my shoe, like so, can you see?" She lifted the corner of the tablecloth so he could see her foot as she let her shoe drop "and proceeded to slide my foot up and down your ankle. Is that sexual harassment or a sexual come on?"

Davis waited before speaking. To her quizzical look, he replied "I need to experience the sensation fully before I respond. Please don't stop, Miss Martin. Purely in the spirit of research, I mean."

Shelley's mouth was slightly open and she seemed to be looking at Davis's lips when she spoke again. "Mr. Davis, I think we need to order dessert now." Her voice seemed a bit unsteady. She slipped her shoe back on, but the back fell off as she idly swung her foot.

"But Miss Martin," said Davis in a low voice. "I thought you said you never ate dessert."

"I need to today, Mr. Davis. I need to. For some reason, I am still ravenous."

*********************

Davis let Shelley order dessert. "I only hope I can spill whatever it is down her blouse and lick it off," he thought as she removed her suit jacket after commenting on the dining room's temperature. As she slipped one arm, then other out of the sleeves, her white blouse gapped a little, and he caught a glimpse of some very expensive white lace and what appeared to be under wired cups. With her jacket off, he could see that whatever she was wearing under the blouse, it didn't have straps, and it seemed to be something long. "Could Miss Martin be wearing a bustier?" Davis mused. The second wine bottle was upturned in the bucket at the side of the table, and Shelley had shook her red curls to a third bottle.

Daintily spooning up her tiramisu, Shelley asked whether Davis would like a taste. Her eyes had developed a sort of twinkle, and Davis wondered if she were flirting with him.

"I would love a taste of you – I mean, of your dessert," he responded.

Shelley took a deep breath and dipped her index finger into her Italian dessert. She reached over to Davis and touched his lips lightly with her finger. He clasped his hand over hers, and licked the coffee flavored concoction off. Shelley withdrew her finger and, after dipping it in her dish a second time, she again served it to Davis. This time, he took slightly longer to lick the custard from her finger. Their eyes were locked as he did so. It was difficult to maintain eye contact with her, because when she leaned over, the full lace cups visible under her blouse seemed nearly to overflow.

The third time Shelley dipped her finger into her dessert, instead of offering it to Davis, she seductively sucked it herself. Davis' eyes grew wide as he watched Shelley suck the tip of her index finger into her mouth, and then the entire finger, slowing withdrawing it while she maintained her suction on it.

Your turn. I'll write the foreplay, you can write the sex. How's that? You need to get them upstairs.