Mary and Alvin Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alvin spoke to Tim and Tim gathered the members of both families outside the tent. Mary and Alvin joined them there. The sun was low in the sky and the pasture was growing dark. Away from the music, the singing of the peepers was loud and clear.

"Is that crickets making all that racket"? Dan asked.

"Tiny frogs," Mary told him.

Alvin cleared his throat. He looked around the circle of faces; at his brother and sister and their spouses, at Mary's mother, her brothers and their wives, at the three young women he called his daughters.

"We are going to be heading out shortly," he told them, "and we wanted to make sure to say good night to everyone and to thank you all for being part of our special day."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Diana said, to murmurs of approval.

"We will be back in the morning, so we hope to see you all for breakfast before we leave town. Mary, do you have anything to say?"

Yes," she said, "I love you all, we love you all. I will never forget that you were all here with us today. Now, I have one more duty before we go."

She led them back into the tent, and signaled the DJ.

"Ladies," came his voice over the mic, "please gather on the dance floor for the traditional tossing of the bridal bouquet."

There was a moment of confusion when Mary realized she did not have the bouquet anymore, but Rachel soon found it on the head table and ran to Mary to give it to her. A dozen or so single women gathered in the center of the floor, as the DJ played a long drum roll. When it reached it's crescendo, Mary threw the bouquet over her shoulder in a high arc. She turned to see it come down into the middle of the group of women.

"Wow, nice toss," Alvin muttered.

There was a moment of scrambling hands, then one arm raised from the group, clutching the flowers in triumph. The women untangled to reveal Danni, proudly holding the bouquet over her head. Charlotte stood beside her and theatrically slapped her arms against her sides in mock frustration, as the guests laughed and clapped. Danni put her arms around her, and then Jennifer joined them in a group hug.

"You done good," Alvin nodded to Mary. He put his arm through hers, and they waved to their guests, and turned to leave the tent.

"One second," Mary said. She broke away and grabbed a bottle of champagne from the bar. "Now we can go," she said.

They walked across the pasture toward the house, alone for the first time as husband and wife.

"What a day," Mary signed.

"Didn't rain," Alvin said.

"No love, it did not."

"Well, alright then."

They entered the house through the kitchen door. Angus trotted in from the living room and began rubbing against Alvin's legs. Alvin reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a wadded napkin.

"What do you have there?" Mary asked.

"Brought Angus a lobster tail."

Mary laughed. "As long as he doesn't start expecting lobster every night." She went upstairs to the bedroom to change out of her gown. Alvin followed her and watched her undress. When she was down to her underwear she stopped and looked at him.

"I hope you like what you see," she said, "because you're stuck with it now."

Alvin laughed. "I can live with that."

They changed into casual clothes, then went down the stairs and out the front door. Mary was carrying her overnight bag and the bottle of champagne. They got into Alvin's car and weaved their way down the driveway, through the gauntlet of parked cars. Alvin blared the horn as he turned out on to the road, and Mary waved towards the tent. A few cheers and whistles echoed back at them.

They drove to town and into Faulkner's Wharf. Alvin parked near the dock, but when Mary got out of the car, she walked back towards the boathouse.

"Where you going, sweetheart?" Alvin asked.

Mary took a few steps further, then turned around. "Right here," she said as Alvin crossed the yard to join her.

"This where we met," he realized.

"Yes, baby, I stood right here, looking at the kayaks and you came over to talk to me."

Alvin looked around on the ground. "I think it was over here," he said, taking a few steps away.

"No, it was right here. And I still haven't gotten to ride a kayak."

"I hope that you think you got a pretty good ride anyways."

"I do, baby." She stepped into his arms and kissed him. He held her hand and they walked over to where Sea Jay sat, gently bobbing against the dock. Alvin climbed on board, turned on the running lights and started the engine, while Mary untied the ropes holding it to the cleats. When she finished, she hopped over the gap between the dock and the boat.

"Like you been sailing all your life," Alvin laughed.

Mary stood behind him, her arms around his waist, and watched over his shoulder as he piloted the boat through the dark harbor. The summer people had not put their boats in the water yet, and the way was clear. The lights of town soon grew distant behind them. Alvin steered a course around Turner Point and out into the wider expanse of Penobscot Bay. The night was calm, and the water smooth as they cut through it.

Alvin turned off the engine and let Sea Jay drift to a stop. He dropped the anchor, then turned to Mary. She stood in the middle of the deck, her hands in the back pockets off her jeans. She looked at Alvin, her head cocked to one side.

"This almost doesn't seem real, Alvin. Like we are in a dream."

Alvin took her in his arms and stared into her eyes for a moment, then kissed her, softly, his lips lingering on hers.

"It's feels very real to me, sweetheart."

Mary looked up. The sky was full of stars. "My life has certainly gone somewhere I never expected."

"Like the song said, you ain't seen nothing like me yet."

Mary laughed. "Did you ever see anything like me before?"

Alvin made a face as if he were deep in thought. "Maybe in a movie, once."

He dug the bottle of champagne from Mary's bag and began twisting the wire. The cork popped and flew off in a tall arc. Mary laughed when she heard it plunk into the ocean.

"He's on his way home to Portugal," Alvin said, taking a swig.

Mary took the bottle and drank from it. She kissed Alvin and whispered, "Would you like to make love to your wife?"

"I like the sound of that."

Mary turned and started down the steps that led into the cabin. She found the light switch and flipped it on.

The little single bunk cabin was filled with flowers. There were bouquets of lilies and lilac, of roses and sunflowers and chrysanthemums on every surface, on the table and the counters and the shelves. She stepped down into the cabin and drank in their aromas. Alvin came down behind her, put one hand on her shoulder and kissed the back of her head.

"Oh, Alvin, I can't believe you did all this. It's beautiful."

He handed her the bottle. "Of all the beauty in this room," he whispered in her ear, "nothing compares to the beauty of you."

She took a sip of champagne and turned, draping her arms over his shoulders. She kissed him then stepped back, handing him the champagne, and pulled her sweater over her head. She shook her hair free and unclasped her bra, letting it fall to the floor.

Alvin took a drink of champagne, then set the bottle down and unbuttoned his shirt while he watched Mary undress. When he had removed it, he stepped toward her, but she held up a hand to stop him.

"Stay there a minute," she said, "go ahead and undress, I want to watch you. I want to see all of you, just as you are in this moment."

Alvin kicked off his shoes, then unbuckled his belt and slipped his jeans and shorts down to the ankles. He stepped out of them and tugged off his socks.

Mary stood with her hands on her hips and gazed at her husband, standing naked before her. She looked his body over and said "I want to remember that image of you, in your naked glory. I want it in my mind forever."

"Where did you learn to talk like that?" Alvin chuckled.

"I had a good teacher," she said. She unsnapped her own jeans. Alvin moved close to her and reached behind her, slipping his hands under her waistband and sliding the jeans over her hips and down her legs. He kissed her between her breasts while she ran her fingers through his hair.

Mary bent her knees and together, they sank into the bunk, arms and legs entwined, mouths joined in hungry passion. She felt his cock, now grown rigid, pressing against her belly. He slid his hands down her back and held her by the hips, moving her on to her back. He rose above her, the tip of his cock poised to enter her, but he held still, and slowly raised himself to arm's length above her.

He looked down at her, her eyes, her lips, the unruly strands of hair across her face. "You have healed my heart, Mary," he whispered, "and you have filled it with love."

"Oh, Alvin," she said, almost sobbing, "I love you so much."

He tilted his hips and watched her expression change as he entered her. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back. A blissful smile crossed her face.

Mary held his shoulders, raised her legs and opened herself totally to Alvin. He is my man, she thought, my husband forever, and he is inside me. He will always be inside me, forever.

Alvin lowered himself against her. He rained kisses on her shoulder, her neck, the side of her face. She ran her hands up and down his biceps, and locked her heels behind his hips.

They moved slowly together, consummating their union with a delicious intensity. Mary felt one small tremor pass through her, then a stronger one. Alvin tried to hold back, to prolong the moment as long as he could.

"Hold on, baby," Mary panted, "hold on just a..."

Her orgasm swept over her. "Now, baby, together, now."

Alvin's hips jerked and he exploded inside her. He threw his head back and gave out a long howling moan. Mary shook beneath him, milking every ounce of energy from him. When he was spent, he collapsed on to her. She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his face, again and again. He caught his breath and rolled on to his side. Mary spooned against him, drawing the covers tight around them.

"Well, pretty good day," Alvin puffed.

"Not bad," Mary replied.

Alvin climbed out of the bunk.

"You aren't going to go pee in the ocean, are you?" Mary asked.

"No, I'll use the head."

"I could use some head, too. Put that on your honey do list, okay?"

"You're a funny girl, Mary."

Alvin shut off the light and came back to the bunk. They lay in the dark , holding each other. The only sound was the soft clinking of the anchor chain against the hull. Mary was almost asleep when Alvin spoke.

"Mary?"

"Yes, love?"

"Thank you. Thank you for marrying me."

"Thanks for asking," she chuckled.

He kissed her forehead. "We are going to wake up married tomorrow morning. And for every morning afterwards."

"Forever, baby," she said, holding his hand between her breasts. As she drifted off to sleep, her last waking thought was of her vow. She would sail with him to the farthest horizon.

***

As Alvin untangled himself from the bunk, Mary came half awake. She rolled over and pulled the covers over her head, but she soon smelled coffee and sat up. Alvin was not in the cabin. She got out of the bunk, found her clothes on the floor and pulled them on. The air was damp and chilly. She poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Alvin? Good morning baby." After a second she added, "Good morning, hubby."

"Morning, sweetheart," he called down from the deck. "Coffee is brewing."

"Got some," she called back. "What time is it?"

"Hard tellin', not knowin'."

"What? You can't tell by the sun or something?" She climbed the steps out to the deck. Sea Jay was wrapped in fog so thick that she couldn't see over the side of the boat.

"Oh," she said, "I guess not."

Alvin had his jeans on, but no shirt. Mary watched the muscles in his back flex as he hoisted the anchor chain.

"Aren't you cold, honey?" she asked.

"No," he said, finishing the job and turning to her, "I'm acclimated." He took her in his arms and kissed her. She gave him a sip of her coffee.

"Your skin is damp," she said, "let me get your shirt."

She heard the engines start while she was retrieving the shirt. When she came back on deck, he was unfurling the main sail.

"There isn't much wind," she said.

"There will be."

Alvin checked the instrument panel, then spun the boat to starboard. They moved slowly through the thick fog. Other than the engines, the only sounds Mary heard were the lapping of the water against the hull and now and then, the screech of a solitary gull.

She sat on the back bench and watched Alvin pilot the boat. He looked down at her and smiled.

"I love you, Miss Mary," he said.

"You can't call me that anymore."

"You'll always be my Miss Mary, my girl on a bicycle."

The fog was thinning. Here and there, Mary could spy a small patch of blue.

"I love you, too, Alvin."

She could see a good distance across the water now, the fog was in tatters. The sail filled with wind and they began to pick up speed. Sea Jay glided clear of the fog bank and Alvin and Mary sailed into the sunshine of a bright May morning.

Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way @2018 by Adam Clayton, Dave Evans, Larry Mullen and Paul David Hewson

To Make You Feel My Love @1997 by Bob Dylan

Rock The Boat @1973 by Wally Holmes