Mary Jane: Trial by Fire Ch. 03-04

Story Info
MJ and Morlun continue their quest for MJ's marriage.
1.6k words
4.5
9.9k
2

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 07/21/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: I do not own the writs to Marvel or any of their characters.

*

3

The two walked through a cave for a mile encountering nothing eventful which made Morlun nervous. He could hear light sounds echoing through the cave. Suddenly a small red creature with pointy ears and a tail attached Morlun only to be back handed into a wall. "Mephisto knows we're here. Prepare yourself."

Multiple creatures appeared attacking, easily being outmatched by Morlun but able to over power MJ. After Morlun punched a creature into the ground he rushed over to MJ back handing five other creatures it his way. The creatures saw Morlun's power and quickly retreated. "This was not part of the trial. It appears Mephisto fears your love for Peter. This attack was nothing more that to gather information."

"Why would Mephisto fear my love?" MJ asked unsure of what was happening.

"They say love is the most powerful thing in the world. Love could defeat Thor or even Odin if they challenged it. So no doubt Mephisto would fear something that could destroy him." Morlun replied then hesitated. "How are your memories coming?"

MJ thought back as she was in a restaurant wearing a fancy dress. To her left was Peter in a white jacket complaining about the tie and prices. Her friends had shown shocked MJ had actually gone through marriage and mocked her for it. However she could see in their eyes they were truly jealous. The waiter who had served her wine was rather rude to Peter but she had shrugged it off knowing that was just how he was. It was a humorous night for her showing off her husband and cute of him to be a bit of a baby at the time.

"They're coming back more and more." she replied smiling at the memory.

"They will as we progress through the trials." Morlun said stepping forward. "Let us continue. We are in a race now. The sooner we get through this trial the better."

The two continued to walk without trouble and with a worried Morlun. With this feeling the vampire took the lead in case of traps. Soon they reached a door with five red gems. The top gem glowed before creating a pentagram. Stepping out of the pentagram was a flame warrior with blue piercing eyes holding a sword made of fire. MJ steadied her blade and waited for the attack. The flame warrior moved in slicing at MJ who pulled back before striking with her blade like a viper. The flame warrior parried the attack, before slicing upward. The two dueled as the flame warrior kept pushing MJ back eventually grazing her right shoulder. Dropping her blade MJ clutched her shoulder in pain from the fire of the blade. With a quick move the warrior tossed the blade away leaving MJ defenseless. Morlun watched intently wondering what was to happen next. The sword came down forcing MJ to roll back her shoulder burned with the movement. Tears started down her face from the pain as she kept backing away from her adversary. MJ didn't know what to do at this point in time her arm was rendered useless and her sword was at the other side of the cave. Pulling back MJ felt a stone underneath her hand. Clutching it she new she had only one chance to make this work. The Flame warrior thrusts the blade forward as MJ took every once strength dodging left before slamming the stone into his skull.

Leaving the warrior dazed MJ rushed to her blade retrieving it quickly as she turned to her opponent. The flame warrior regaining composure charged quickly at his quarry slicing downwards forcing MJ to one knee. Flame warrior swung again as MJ rolled forward slicing her blade back piercing through her adversary's spine. The warrior slowly burned out before spilling his ashes across the ground.

"Well done. You have survived two challenges of Mephisto's trial. I was right about you." Morlun said with a smile.

"I almost lost." MJ replied upset at the result.

"But you didn't. You won and that is all that matters." Morlun said. "Now rest I will stand guard should anything attempt to interfere." MJ just smiled and sat up against the wall falling a sleep.

4

Mary Jane entered a room where Peter was wearing a blue suit black vest and a red tie. Mary Jane felt he was cute in a geeky kind of way. Judging by the look on her face Peter thought she was gorgeous. "You mean that's Mary Jane?" Peter said in complete shock.

She smiled and replied, "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot."

MJ awoke, with a start, her heart pounding as she heard the sounds of battle. Morlun was facing off against two monstrous warriors. Their skin was grey and their teeth were large fangs coming down, like a walrus. Morlun knocked one down before throwing the other over his shoulder smashing it into the ground. Quickly the Vampire creature moved slamming his fist into the giant's chest destroying it. The first giant walked over to, Morlun raising his fist. "Look out!" MJ screamed in terror. Morlun turned around, catching the fist before knocking the giant into the wall, ending it's terror.

"Mephisto is desperate. But he has also under-estimated me. A mistake he won't make again." Morlun said looking at the to casualties from his battle while dusting his suit off. "We had better continue. Be on your guard."

The two walked through the opening continuing further into the trial. MJ remained silent as she looked at Morlun beginning to feel nervous around him. She felt she knew him but not in a good way. Something about his attitude seemed feel familiar. She searched her memories but nothing came up. MJ decided to dismiss the feeling and proceed. About five minutes down the hall were three different tunnels.

"Mrs. Parker which direction should we take?" Morlun asked awaiting for her decision.

"I don't know?" MJ replied a little nervous.

"What does your heart tell you?"

MJ took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she listened to the beat of her heart. After a minute she opened her eyes. "We go left." Morlun followed MJ's path then turned looking around. They were being watched.

Mephisto looked through a sphere watching the events unfold. Mary Jane was moving better than expected. Of course that creature had been helping her. The demonic ruler glared at Morlun curious at his intensions. Why was he helping the woman? What was his motive? The creature had agreed to stay out of trial but not out of the extra attacks. The next trial was coming up and Mephisto needed a plan to end this trial or face her himself.

"We should be coming to the next trial." Morlun said. "Be on your guard. As I said I cannot help you during the official trial."

"MJ! What are you doing here?" A voice called. MJ and Morlun looked ahead to see Spider-man. Morlun's fist clenched tightly as his eyes narrowed. Carefully the man stepped into the shadows not wanting to be seen.

"Peter?" MJ asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first." Peter's voice was cold and angry.

"I am trying to get our marriage back. The time we lost back."

"And endanger Aunt May." Peter cut in. "Is that what you want? You ended our marriage to save her. Even if you beat his trial do you actually think Mephisto would let it slide." His voice got louder. "You have risked my aunt's life for you selfishness!"

MJ shrank back. "P-Peter please I was doing it for us."

"For us? For yourself you mean. I thought you were better than this. To give me my aunt then take her away. You betrayed me!"

Tears started to form in MJ's eyes, "Please don't say that. I love you. I would never hurt you."

"Yeah right. I used to believe that now I see you for what you really are. A treacherous vixen." MJ slumped to her knees in defeat as Peter walked closer to her. "I can't believe all those years I spent with your selfishness. While I was constantly out fighting for my life your were off flirting with other men." The comment stung MJ not sure how she was to respond she was just silent. Peter pulled out a dagger ready to strike the red haired woman. "I should have gone with Gwen when I had the chance."

MJ looked up with fury in her eyes as she saw the blade come down. MJ rolled back before striking Peter in the chest. "Your are not my husband. I know Peter and he loved me." MJ answered through her clenched teeth. A black demon appeared in Peter's place as it fell to its death. Mj looked at the demon and thought about what just happened. Suddenly without warning she started to cry furiously.

"We had better get moving. The trial is almost at its end. Their should be only two more left." Morlun said walking over to the sobbing woman.

"I...I just need a minute." MJ whispered silently.

"As you wish." Morlun replied looking around waiting for any attacks. Hearing a scratching noise from above Morlun looked up seeing pale creatures crawling through the ground. One began to fall toward MJ as Morlun charged knocking the creature away from her. "Time to fight!" Morlun called. MJ looked forward seeing the pale creatures charging forward. Enraged at the false Peter, MJ let out a loud battle cry before cutting down any creature in her path. After cutting through five of her attackers, the creatures turned and retreated. "Usually I'm the one who chases the threats away." Morlun said in surprise.

"I'm tired. It has been one thing after another and after cutting down what looked like my husband I am not in the mood to be messed with. I am now more than ever determined to get back what I lost."