Mary Jane: Trial by Fire Ch. 05-06

Story Info
Mephisto scowled as he watched his minions run from MJ in fear.
1.4k words
3.93
9.2k
1

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 07/21/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to Marvel or their characters.

*

5

Mephisto scowled as he watched his minions run from MJ in fear. At the beginning she was barely making through the trial. Now she was a deadly force to be reckoned with. Her love for Peter was deadly enough now her determination enforced that strength. The demonic creature was desperate to stop her even if he had to face MJ in the final round of the trial. He hoped it wouldn't come to that. The next trial should hopefully end her.

The walk to the next trial was quiet as MJ pressed forward. Her patience had been pushed to it's limit during the last trial and Now she was determined to succeed. Her memories of her previous life kept coming and now it was becoming addicting. What's worse Mephisto attempted to play with her mind and all he did was unleash her wrath. The two reached the fourth door with stone statue of a knight standing guard.

The stone statue came to life looking down at MJ. Quickly the monster threw a hard right which MJ easily dodged. The creature was incredibly strong but was also incredibly slow. The statue pulled out a stone blade taking a wicked swing at MJ who jumped back before moving in like a viper striking the warriors chest. Sparks bounced of the warriors chest leaving only a small scratch on it's chest. The warrior, using both arms, swung the blade again at MJ only to miss. Responding MJ moved in striking at the knee; the stone sparked again but remained undamaged. They remained in the same stance with MJ searching for a weakness, but her arms ached from slashing with he heavy metal sword as her her legs were slowing from the constant dodging. The attacking never ceased though as the stone warrior didn't need to rest; he was pushing MJ to her limit. With another heavy swing he knocked MJ to the ground and moved in for the kill. The warrior dropped its blade down as MJ rolled right then rolled left slicing at the neck reach the same result as all her other attacks. The stone warrior turned to it's opponent raising its sword with both hands. MJ took her blade and lifted it up between the warriors legs. The stone knight fell to the side in pain. "You've got to be kidding me?" MJ said in shock. Noticing the warrior dropped his sword MJ rushed over using all her strength to lift the sword. As the knight regain composure MJ swung the sword lopping her opponent's head clean off it's shoulders.

"You've done well. Soon everything you lost will be returned." Morlun said walking over to her. Noticing her panting Morlun looked over the caves. Walking over to a wall on the left side Morlun dug his fist into it producing a small stream of water. MJ tossed the blade to the side as she ran over to the stream gorging herself. "I am surprised you've lasted this long without water. My apologies I should have seen this sooner."

"No. It's alright. I've just been pushing myself. I haven't had a chance to get anything." MJ replied. "All I have is one more trial right?"

"Yes one more, and depending on how you look at this could be your easiest or your hardest battle yet."

MJ looked up a Morlun and asked, "What do you mean?"

"All I can say is let your heart fight this next battle." Morlun replied walking away.

On his throne Mephisto watched the conversation between MJ and Morlun before roaring in fury. It was his time to fight and this time it was battle where he may not return from.

6

"I'm afraid I can't go any further." Morlun said reaching the final door.

"Why not?" MJ asked looking confused.

"This battle is between you and the enemy. I will only get in the way. Remember what I said about this battle and you will be fine." MJ nodded at the advise and walked forward to the final trail.

Walking through the gate MJ hears a voice. "Welcome Mrs. Parker." The voice called mocking her name. "I am amazed such a feeble woman made it through the trial. But it matters not, this place shall be your grave."

"No it won't" MJ replied in an icy tone.

Outside the room Morlun watched as fight was about to begin. "Show me the power of love. Show me that I wasn't defeated by a mere fluke." The vampire whispered.

MJ charged swinging her blade as Mephisto dodged with amazing speed to the left. MJ quickly sliced upward at the demon's head only to miss as Mephisto moved before shooting beams of electricity at MJ. The red haired warrior fell to the ground screaming in agony. As she tried to get up Mephisto shot another blast knocking her into a wall. A loud crunch was heard upon impact indicating she had broken some ribs. MJ breathed heavily shaking away the pain before she charged the demon. Mephisto raised a hand blasting MJ back with a wave of wind. "Foolish mortal. Warriors with skill beyond your imagination have fallen before me. You are nothing but an insect to me."

"If I am an insect then I must be a roach because it will be impossible to kill me." MJ replied thinking 'Peter's poor humor must be wearing off on me.'

Mephisto laughed out loud replying, "Let's see if a roach can handle fire." Mephisto created a ball of fire in his right hand before throwing at his adversary. MJ quickly moved left dodging the fireball before having to dodge another. MJ was placed on the defense as Mephisto continued his barrage. Finally a fireball shot through her knocking her to the ground barely alive. "It's done. You were foolish to challenge me." Mephisto laughed triumphantly.

Her mind shifted to the deal with Mephisto. She asked for Peter to have a little happiness in her life if she would retain some memory of her marriage causing her pain. She saw the child that she and Peter were suppose to have but wouldn't because of Mephisto. She remembered everything and why she had agreed to the deal. "It's not over yet." MJ whispered slowly standing. "I want my life back. I want my husband and my child. I want my family, and I will get it. I agreed to the deal because I knew we would be here. I knew we would face each other somehow. I knew I would win because I love Peter more than anything, and I knew you feared our love."

Mephisto stared at MJ stunned that she could stand let alone be alive. "Fool I fear nothing!" Mephisto let out a harsh beam of electricity from his eyes at the woman. To his horror the beams dispersed before contact. MJ slowly started walking toward Mephisto with a look intending on finishing the battle. Mephisto shot out a another beam only to have the same results. Raising both hands the demon shot a blaze of fire at MJ where she walk through it completely unharmed. MJ slowly started to pick up speed as she charged forward raising her sword ready to attack. Mephisto desperately shot every sort of attack at MJ hoping to stop her. With a quick slice MJ made contact with the demon cutting right through him.

Mephisto remained in place stunned at his defeat. "So this is how it ends? Beaten by love?" Mephisto said slowly turned grey as his body fell to the ground in a pile of ashes. The wind blew the ashes away revealing a small vile of green liquid.

MJ now healed took the vile of liquid in her hands holding it close to her heart. Soon she would have her marriage back. Her mind drifted to a hospital where Peter was being held after a serious battle. He was in a room on the verge of death. MJ ran to his room in secret to be with him and comfort him. Entering his room she found a man standing over Peter ready to kill him. MJ in a rage lashed out at the man. The man threw her against the wall and turned revealing it was Morlun. MJ quickly turned to her guide finding him standing behind her wearing a cruel smile.

*

The End

I offered this story to Marvel and was quickly turned down. I want know from you the fans did Marvel make a mistake.