Mass Effect: Perspectives

Story Info
Miranda and Ashley get closer to Shepard, and each other.
4.1k words
3.95
46.6k
22

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 05/09/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
B59001
B59001
72 Followers

Thane Krios looks out of the window of the lobby of Huerta Memorial Hospital, meditating and contemplating all that has happened after the reapers had begun their assault. He notices in the reflection of the window a stretcher being brought in with a dark haired human woman on it unconscious in need of urgent medical attention.

(Later)

Thane was pleased to see Shepard and hopeful that he was leading the charge against the reapers. Also knowing that Lieutenant Commander Ashley Williams was a good friend of the commander, he vowed to keep an eye while she recovered. Once the doctors had finished with her he went in to pay her a visit.

"Who are you?" Ashley enquired as Thane entered her hospital room.

"Be at ease, my name is Thane Krios, we have a mutual friend," Thane explained

"Shepard," Ashley replied.

"Yes, I helped him fight the Collectors," Thane replied.

"What are you doing here?" Ashley asked; still seemingly weary of aliens even with the Reapers bearing down on the galaxy.

"I am a regular patient; you'll be in my class next week when you start your therapy, I gave Shepard my vow to look after you while you recover." Thane answered methodically.

"You look healthy enough, if you don't mind me asking what are you here for?" Ashley enquired.

"I am slowly dying of Kerpal's syndrome; it's a disease that affects my body's ability to regulate my blood. The human equivalent would be haemoglobin. It is manageable but I require constant medical attention."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Ashley replied with sincerity.

"I'm not, I have done many bad things but I have atoned for my sins. I know my life is at an end. According to some doctors I shouldn't be alive today but I will continue to live out my final days contented in the fact I have accounted for my sins and I appreciate all that is good in my life." Thane replied.

"It seems you have faith in something, I can relate to that as I cannot look out on the galaxy and not believe there is something greater than us."

"After my wife's passing I had anger in my soul but now I feel none of it and I simply choose to remember the good influence she was in my life."

"Did you have any kids?"

"A son Kolyat, he visits me regularly, have you any family?"

"My mom and three sisters, I haven't heard from them yet, I am worried and being stuck in this bed isn't helping either."

"I understand your pain; I hope you see them soon."

"You know when my squad was killed back on Eden Prime, by the Geth; I found it hard to trust aliens even after Sovereign's attack on the Citadel."

"Humanity's contact with aliens has been short in comparison but aliens need to work together to combat the reapers."

"I know, you're right, I was upset with Shepard after his liaison with Miranda Lawson."

"Miranda is more than she seems, after working Shepard she saw Cerberus' error in their ways and then left, I feel Shepard's influence lead to her change from when the mission began and I was recruited. The thing Miranda cared about most was her sister and protecting her from her mad father."

"She wasn't just Cerberus' puppet?"

"No, she wanted to protect her sister and risked her life on more than one occasion to save her."

"I didn't know, I guess I jumped to a conclusion

about Miranda Lawson."

"The Drell are thankful for other species, if weren't for the efforts of the Hanar I probably wouldn't be here talking to you."

"What happened?"

"Overpopulation left my race dying, and we had not even invented fusion power and my people were murdering one another for crumbs of food and drop of water. When the Hanar found us the sent ships and transported thousands of us to safety."

"I didn't know about the history between the Hanar and the Drell."

"It is a long history but if the Reapers are not dealt with then none of it will matter. If anyone can put a stop to them Shepard can."

"I'm certain of that as well."

"I should let you get your rest then; I'll come in and check on you tomorrow."

After Thane's departure Ashley felt a new perspective forming in her mind. She could not help but feel a change of heart towards aliens after hearing Thane's story and the conviction with which he lived his life proved compelling for Ashley.

Ashley turned her head to the ceiling of her hospital room and closed her eyes getting some well-deserved rest but still uneasy knowing her family were not accounted for yet and Shepard was out fighting for trillions of innocents and the very survival of every advanced organic civilisation.

Ashley awoke later in the middle of the presidium's night cycle and looking out of the window on the quiet and empty presidium as most of the station's inhabitants were asleep. The hospital was quiet apart from the regular night staff doing their rounds.

Ashley couldn't help but think about what Thane had told her earlier, her bias against aliens seemed to be slowly fading. She began to realise that the Reapers were not just targeting humans but every species and working against them would be a stupid thing.

She also thought about how the Alliance had treated her and her family after her grandfather's surrender at Shanxi. She began to realise that Turians and Humans seemed to be getting along it had been almost thirty years since the First Contact War and with the Reapers bearing down on the galaxy organics could no longer allow themselves to be consumed by their differences anymore.

After all it seemed to have occurred to her that the Alliance gave her and her father constant shit because of her grandfather's surrender to save the lives of his soldiers. Ashley seemed to be forming a new perspective about everything she had come to know in her life.

She remembered the irony of her grandfather fighting the Turians and then her herself fighting alongside Garrus. She knew her mind was full of thoughts and her outlook on life was beginning to change, and it may have something to do with the reticent words Thane had uttered earlier.

(The following week)

Ashley had just completed her first class of therapy and was recovering rather quickly eager to get back into the fight against the reapers. Ashley's motivations remained as strong as ever, it was her who said "Human or Alien we are all just animals."

Thane came to check in on her, she was a little more awake than before and as such as most certainly on the path to recovery. She was back in the bed and sitting up.

"Ashley, how are you feeling?"

"Much better, thank you Thane."

"You're most welcome Ashley; I can see why Shepard cares for you."

"Evidently not as much as Ms Lawson."

"Still upset about her?"

"I know what you said last week makes sense but it seems Miranda still leaves a bitter after taste."

"Maybe getting to know her a little better might make a difference."

"I don't know, it might."

As the words left Ashley's mouth the door to her hospital room slid open. In walked the infamous, in Ashley's case, Miranda Lawson in the flesh.

"Lieutenant Commander," Miranda said in a rather neutral tone.

"Miranda Lawson," Ashley said in a state of disbelief.

"I heard you were here, thought I'd pay you a visit."

"Why?"

"I am concerned; everyone needs to work together, including me and you."

Ashley wanted to retort but quickly composed herself as she realised that Miranda was right.

"I think I'll leave the two of you alone," Thane said breaking up the quickly building tension.

Thane stood up and headed to the door leaving the two ladies to themselves.

"Miranda I realise you are right, we can't let our past or love for the same man get in the way of the fight at hand. I told Shepard earlier that I wear armour into battle, not swimwear. I was referring to you."

"I don't wear swimwear."

"Really," Ashley replied with a hint of surprise.

"This uniform has served me well in the past and kept me alive for the most part. I'm not with Cerberus anymore, Shepard opened my eyes to horror and after heading into the Collector base I came out a different woman."

"I didn't know it was hard to accept when Shepard died and to see him alive after two years of mourning was difficult. When I got wind of your romance with him I developed a hatred for you but now I guess it was wrong and that I can't control Shepard, hell the Illusive Man tried and failed."

"I used to look up to him; I was one of the few people ever to interact with him face to face. He put me in charge of the Lazarus project to bring Shepard back and at first I was sceptical but I was proved wrong by Shepard. He is unlike any man I have ever met."

"So it was you who brought him back. I suppose I should thank you, I can't think of anyone else leading this fight."

"Nor can I Lieutenant Commander."

"Please Miranda, call me Ash."

"Take care of yourself Ash; maybe I'll see you again."

"I would like that Miranda."

Miranda exited the hospital room and found Thane waiting in the Lobby.

"Thane."

"Miranda, how are you doing?"

"I'm alright Thane, how have you been holding up"

"I am holding up as best I can. My life is at an end, but I am content and ready to face my death."

"How is your son doing?"

"Well, he visits regularly; I have Shepard to thank for that, What about your sister."

"I haven't heard from her in a while, I'm getting worried I always kept tabs on her."

"Could it be your father?"

"I'm pretty certain that it is he was always persistent, arrogant bastard."

"I hope you find your sister."

"Thank you Thane, you take care of yourself, I must go."

"Of course and good luck with your search."

Miranda then disappeared into the Citadel itself and went back to finding her sister. Ashley rested up as she continued to heal quickly. Thane resumed his meditation and reflected on the events of the past year.

(A few days later)

Ashley had gone through the therapy very well and was on her feet again. She was eager to get back in the feet and had accepted Udina's offer.

The door to her room opened and in walked in Miranda once again.

"Miranda, it's good to see you."

"I'm happy to see you up and about."

"I'm eager to get back in the fight."

"You're a fighter I can see, it will take a lot more than a hostile synthetic to bring you down."

"You're right about that Miranda; I'm going shove their metal tentacles right up their synthetic assholes."

"I'm sure you will Lieutenant Commander."

"I'm a Spectre now."

"Congratulations Ash. Listen I must go, but I'll be here in a few days in room on the Citadel if you'd like to talk."

"I think I'll take you up on that."

"See you then."

Miranda and Ash shared a quick embrace and parted ways. They had turned from being enemies to friends it would have seemed.

Thane walked into the room shortly after Miranda left.

"Ashley, it would seem you and Miranda are now friends."

"Yes, I guess we are."

"I am glad; Miranda is a remarkable woman and one who will be an asset in this war."

"I agree Thane."

Ashley moved in a little closer and grasped Thane's hand.

"Thank you for opening my eyes and mind, I realise that the galaxy needs to work together and our petty differences have no purpose especially with the Reapers bearing down on us all."

Ashley then let go and Thane then turned to leave. Ashley then turned away from the door and continued to pace up and down constantly.

(Later)

Ashley decides to take Miranda up on her offer to talk. Ashley makes her way through the Presidium Commons and to the apartment Miranda told her about. The door opened and Ashley walked in and found Miranda sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in hand.

"Ash, good to see you."

"You as well Miranda."

"Drink?"

"Sure."

Miranda then poured a glass of wine for Ashley and the two began to chat. Soon though and rather suddenly Ash leaned in and kissed Miranda.

Miranda was taken aback but wasn't upset in fact she liked. She returned the gesture and soon the two began to snog.

Miranda began to undo Ashley's uniform to reveal her rather luscious cleavage nestled behind a white lace bra. Ashley then proceeded to unzip Miranda's uniform and reveal her black lace underwear.

Ashley the drops her pants and remains dressed only in her white lace underwear. Ashley moves over to Miranda and gets her out of her uniform and down to her black lace underwear. Miranda then reaches behind and unclips her bra and reveals her gorgeous and sizable breasts. Ashley returned the gesture and unhooked her bra and let it fall to the floor.

Miranda looked down at Ashley and noticed her panties were rather wet. Miranda moved over and ripped them off, leaving Ashley completely nude. Miranda then edged back to the bed and slipped off her panties. Ashley moved to Miranda and began to straddle her as she moved in and began to plant tender kisses from Miranda's pussy all the way up to her luscious lips.

Whilst their tongues where interlocked Ashley slid her fingers to Miranda's pussy and slowly slid them inside, moving with grace and finesse like she was pulling the trigger of a rifle. Miranda responded with a faint moan and a slight arching of her back as Ashley's skills where highly unexpected even to a sexual veteran like Miranda Lawson.

As Ashley continued her fucking, Miranda then slid her hands around Ashley's ass and slid it rather gingerly across her asshole and wet pussy. Ashley then pulled out her fingers from Miranda's now wet pussy and gestured her to suck on her fingers to taste her cunt juices.

"Hmm Let me have a taste," Ashley said as she leaned in exchanged another passionate kiss with Miranda. The two then rolled over and Ashley then ended up on her back. Miranda then moved downward to eat out the Lieutenant Commander's wet pussy.

Miranda flicked her tongue like a samurai master would their sword.

Ashley felt shockwaves and let moans of approval as Miranda continued her licking of Ashley's pussy. Miranda also took two of her fingers and slotted them into Ashley's tight asshole.

"Oh fuck," Ashley whispered at the feelings shooting through her body thanks to Miranda.

Miranda then pulled her fingers out of Ashley's asshole and then slid them ever so gently into Ashley's pussy and then fingering her vigorously until she started to squirt and let out screams of delight as she look down intently at the cum shooting out of her pussy.

"Here, taste your gorgeous cunt," Miranda said to Ashley as she removed her fingers out Ashley's now soaked pussy.

Miranda then leaned and began to snog Ashley once again as the both lay naked and in each other's bodily fluids.

"Ash you are an amazing woman, we need not be enemies we are here doing what we do best for the good of the galaxy."

"Miranda I feel the same way, I understand why Shepard confided in you, you gave him his life back, brought him back from the abyss and I must say, thank you for that."

"It was job I knew the importance of it, but when I got to know Shepard I realise the importance of what I had done was far beyond what I or even the Illusive Man could have envisaged."

Miranda and Ashley exchanged one last kiss and said their goodbyes. Ashley went off for a meeting with the Council regarding her formal induction as a Spectre. She was eager to get back into the fight but mindful of the commitment and importance of the choice she had made to become a Spectre.

Miranda had left the Citadel to search for her sister and find more clues as to what had happened to Orianna. Ashley returned to the hospital for one final check-up and spoke with Thane.

"Ashley, I believe that you are now officially a Spectre, congratulations."

"Thank you Thane and thank you for helping me get better."

"I gave Shepard my word that you would be in my care."

"You have helped more than you know Thane, and how are you feeling today?"

"It is not too bad, my son was here earlier it has been good, I have been seeing him regularly now and that's mainly because of Shepard and the help he gave me."

"Shepard is an extraordinary man."

"That he is Ashley."

Just then a huge explosion rocked the Citadel and shuttles started shooting and firing on innocents and C-sec alike. Cerberus troops began attacking. Ashley and Thane then rushed off to the Council.

Ashley got to the safe house three of the council members were in and began to rush them to safety. Thane escorted her along the way with the Council. Ashley then intercepted a message from outside the Citadel.

It was Shepard and the Normandy. Thane urged Ashley to go along and he would get a message Shepard about Cerberus' attack. Thane made his way through the station taking out Cerberus troops and avoiding them where possible.

Thane knew C-sec would be a target and decided to make a run for the Executor's office. Thane used the beams above the main floor near the stairs near the Executor's office to avoid and Cerberus' troops.

He then spotted the Salarian councillor in the middle of a stand-off between Shepard and Kai Leng. Thane the dropped down and engaged Kai Leng preventing him from assassinating the councillor but getting his sword through the chest.

Thane got himself to his feet and down the stairs as Shepard shot at the fleeing Kai Leng. After informing Commander Bailey of Thane's injury Shepard went off in search of the other council members.

Upon exiting the elevator Shepard found himself in a stand-off with Ashley but in the end Ashley was still alive, the treacherous Udina was dead, and Kai Leng had fled.

(Later)

Shepard had said his goodbyes to Thane; his heroic actions would always be remembered, by the Salarian Councillor and by Ashley in particular. Shepard then welcomed Ash back aboard the Normandy.

When on board Shepard went to speak to Ashley and clear things up.

"Ash."

"Shepard."

"You seem less upset than when I saw you after you woke up."

"I have changed perspective so to speak."

"How so, Ash?"

"After speaking to Thane, I had different view of Aliens and realised that it wasn't Turians that caused my father to be passed over for promotion it was the Alliance brass. Things seem different now, I'm a Spectre and Lieutenant Commander, and it does not matter anymore."

"Thane was a good man; he was spiritual in a manner you would never expect of an assassin."

"He was an Assassin?"

"Yes, he was trained by Hanar from the time he was six years old

"I knew it, the skill he showed even being terminally ill was amazing, wait did you say six years old!?"

"Yes, however, he didn't make his first kill until he was twelve."

"I thought I matured quickly."

"When I first met him last year, that skill was amazing; it was on Illium, where he took out Nassana Dantius."

"Why does that name sound familiar?"

"We eliminated her sister three years ago."

"Of course, the slaver, I remember."

"Good talking to you Ash,"

"Shepard wait, one more thing, about Miranda."

"Are we going to have another argument about it?"

"No Shepard, I changed my mind about her."

"What brought that about Ash?"

"She came to visit me when I was in the hospital."

"What did you two talk about?"

"Well, Thane told me what she did for her sister and I could relate, I would do almost anything for my sisters, and the lengths she went to were amazing."

"Well Miranda cared for sister immensely; he father was egomaniacal to say the least."

"We also met in a private room, and we got know each other better."

"She is amazing isn't she?"

"Yes she is Shepard,"

"How about next time I go see her, you come with we can all get to know each other?"

"I would like that."

(Later)

"Shepard, so good to see you."

"Good see you again Miranda," Shepard replied as he embraced her and then they exchanged a long, deep, passionate kiss.

"We have a guest if you don't mind."

B59001
B59001
72 Followers
12