Mate of a Desert Prince Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, as you can see, I am alone." Badru interrupted, wanting him gone. He hated this old bastard. "Now stop wasting my time and tell me why you are bothering me." The old man grimaced but continued.

"Yes, my prince." He said through gritted teeth. "The Pharaoh is calling for you and his majesty, Prince Manu. There seems to be something big happening in the coming weeks that he feels you must know."

"My father? What does he want to tell me?" Badru asked, his tone confused. Father didn't talk to him all that much. Since he was third in line, there was no need for that. What was so important that both he and Manu were being called?

"I do not know but he wishes you to come down to meet him in the throne room in the hour." He stated, already turning to leave. "Please do not be late."

Badru stood there, staring at the door, before his head snapped toward Masud, whom was smiling slyly at Badru. He had reappeared just as suddenly as he had disappeared. How he did that without making a sound was a mystery for another day, however.

"H-how did you-"

"My prince," Masud interrupted, standing up and towering over the prince. "You know I require information as payment for my troubles. News such as the one you are about to receive is valuable indeed."

Badru glowered at Masud. "And what information is this?" He demanded. "You seem to think you will get something else out of me but I don't see how that would be the case. I need nothing more from you."

"Do you, now?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Then I suppose you were just planning on leaving your slave here, unguarded and alone?" Badru flinched. "I told you he is going to wake up soon. And I don't think you gave him any instructions to stay here and hidden before he fell into this sleep. What are you going to do if he wakes up and leaves, or worse, hurts someone on his way out? At the very least, he'll be beaten within an inch of his life."

"So what are you suggesting?" Badru retorted, his expression showing nothing. Masud was taking way too much pleasure in his panic. He was not going to provide anymore. "That you would watch him and keep him here?"

Masud nodded. "For a price." He replied his smile cooling down until he had a deceptively content smile.

"Another secret?" He asked, hopefully. He knew it was too much to hope for but he didn't want to think of the alternatives. When Masud shook his head, Badru knew those alternatives were now unavoidable. "You want another favor from me?"

"I don't think it's too much of a price, my prince." He replied. He turned to look at the sleeping Aiden. "Otherwise, you'd have to trust this man in the hands of one of your lusty servants. Who knows what they might do with you out of the room."

Badru clenched his fist. Damn it! Masud was correct. Badru wasn't sure if Manu was still looking for Aiden. So he couldn't leave the man by himself. And if he left Aiden with anyone else, he might end up beating the servants out of blind possessiveness. People would think he was the sadistic prince instead of Manu. He sighed. What was happening to him? Badru felt like he was going crazy and Aiden had only been with him for less than a day!

"Can you handle him?" Badru asked, his tone a bit drained. "Manu said that he seemed pretty dangerous. He is really strong." He shivered as he recalled being held down beneath him.

"And yet, here he is." Masud muttered, earning a glare from Badru. Masud held his hands up in surrender. "I apologize. But please trust me, my prince." Masud said, kneeling down to kiss Badru's hand. "I assure you that your slave will remain here until you return. You have my word."

For some reason, Badru felt like that Masud was lying. But why would he? He never had before.

12