Mature Woman New Job for Family Ch. 03

Story Info
Mature Married Wife continues Secretary Role to help family.
6k words
4.46
81.1k
46

Part 3 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 01/05/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is the third part of my story about a mature married woman who has to become the family breadwinner after her husband has an accident. She becomes a Secretary for her Husband's Boss.

Please read the previous chapters first as this will tell you the background to how we have got to here. If you're expecting loads of sex, it ain't happening yet!!

As usual comments and ratings are appreciated and welcome. No point in sending me comments about no sex, you were warned!!

=================================================

Lydia found it hard to relax after the events in her boss' office earlier in the day. She was very confused at her feelings, a combination of humiliation and excitement. The more she thought about receiving a massage from him the more she thought about the great feeling of his hands on her neck and shoulders. The humiliation came from her blouse falling low enough to expose her bra and inside it her huge breasts to him. At the same time she had come to realise that she had really enjoyed his touch on her skin and that made her feel guilty. For the second night in a row she did not visit her husband, William, in hospital, pleading tiredness in a phone call to him.

James, her Boss, almost 20 years younger than her, had informed her that he was taking the rest of the week off and that too gave her conflicting thoughts, some of disappointment, others of relief. She had great difficulty getting to sleep with her mind all over the place, was he interested in her? What did he want of her? Was he teasing her? Did he really want more or was he playing games? What did she want herself?

Eventually she convinced herself that it was all in her imagination; that nothing would happen between them, that he had no interest in her other than to have her as his secretary. She thought about the clothes she had been wearing to work; skirts and blouses that she would have not previously worn, lingerie rather her plain cotton undies, heels rather than flat comfy shoes, all of which James had paid for. She resolved to buy more clothes at the weekend that would make her feel more comfortable. While she was getting used to looking and feeling sexy, a new feeling to her, she was worried that her outfits were giving off the wrong signals to James. Amidst all these thoughts she fell asleep.

The following morning she was woken by her alarm clock, feeling as if she had just fallen asleep. After her shower she looked in her wardrobe, seeing all her work outfits, not really wishing to wear any of them that day. Even though she knew James would not be in the office, she feel obliged to dress suitably, picking her longest skirt, just below her knees, and a blouse which showed the least cleavage. Looking in the mirror she thought she looked very good, a feeling that still surprised her.

Arriving at the office she took her place at her reception desk. She was thankful that she was busy that day with many phone calls, and some work for the other managers. Their secretaries were all at a wedding of a girl that had worked in the office up to earlier in the year. She was also thankful that none of the managers had treated her with anything but respect when she was with them in their offices. Of course they couldn't resist staring at her breasts but other than that she didn't feel uncomfortable with them in any way. She did not hear at all from James. She heard from Tony, the Finance Manager, that he had gone golfing with his friends, the perk of being the Boss.

That evening she visited William in hospital and was pleased to hear that the Doctor had informed him that he was making good progress and would likely be home in about four weeks. He also said that he would need home help for some time after that and they discussed what tasks could be undertaken by her and the children. He asked about her work and she told him about how all the other secretaries were missing that day. She added that she was glad she was busy and that much of the days were pretty boring. He asked about James and she told him about his golf trip.

"His father was always taking time off to golf."

"Yeah, Tony called it the perk of being the Boss."

He looked at her, pleased in one way at the new confidence he could see in her, worried in another at the independence she was getting from him. All of their life together he had been the sole breadwinner and she was dependent on him for everything. He was not comfortable with the roles being reversed. They discussed his day, the physiotherapy he was receiving, some details about other patients and his programme for the following day. After a kiss and a hug she left him and returned home.

The following day was another busy day at work since the other secretaries had the day off again. Once again she was pleased with her interactions with Tony and the others; they were very pleasant and respectful to her, thanking her for her help. What she did not know was that James had ordered them all to treat her well, not to make any comments or even look at her in any way that would make her uncomfortable. Late in the afternoon Tony called her to his office. Assuming she was to take another memo she took her notepad with her.

"No need for that Lydia, I just wanted to thank you for filling in for the other girls over the last two days."

"Thank you, it was good to be busy."

"Yes, Emily used to always say it was kind of boring when the Boss was out of the office."

She looked at him closely, wondering if he was implying anything but saw a normal expression on his face.

"Yes, I suppose it can be."

"Anyway the reason I called you in was to say that the other girls are back tomorrow, James is still out so you might as well take the day off, go see William or do some shopping for yourself."

"If you're sure, that would be great. I hadn't realised when I started working how much I would fall behind with the housework."

"Lydia, you need time for yourself too, can't be all work here and then at home as well."

"That's the life of a wife and mother, never stops," smiling at him.

"Well anyway, take the day off, try and get some relaxing time over the weekend, give my best to William."

"Thanks, I will, I hope you enjoy your weekend too."

With that she left the office, really happy that she had an extra day off, content that she was now settling into the role, content that she was getting the respect from the management team. She visited the hospital again that evening, this time with her youngest son. He had not visited his father for over a week so he had lots of news. To the amusement of Lydia and William he proceeded to tell his father everything that had happened in the last week including the soccer match he had played in, scoring two goals, telling every detail of each. It was a pleasant visit, cheering William up after a hard day of physiotherapy. She told him about her day off and asked if he needed anything as she planned to catch up on the shopping. He didn't need anything.

She really enjoyed her Friday. The kids were either at college or school and she spent the morning cleaning the house, music blaring as she did so. She was enjoying being in her comfy pyjamas all morning as she worked, singing along with her favourite tracks. She realised she missed these times on her own. She had always thought it strange how much she loved cleaning, ironing clothes, just generally keeping the house clean and tidy. After compiling her shopping list she headed off to the local mall. At the mall she quickly did all her food shopping and picked up some clothes in the JC Penney store for her son; he was growing up far too fast. As she walked out of the store she passed the Ladies section and saw some outfits on display.

She went to her car and put the shopping in the trunk before returning to the store. She looked over many of the clothes on display, choosing some and going to the dressing room. In there she tried on all her chosen outfits, liking the way most of them hid her legs and breasts from being so clearly on display. She chose four complete new outfits and in addition got some low heels.

As she walked to the checkout area she passed the lingerie section. Prior to her taking a job she would normally just have gone to the plain undies area and bought a pack of simple cotton panties. This time she chose a pack of mixed colour lacy panties but couldn't resist also getting her normal cotton white pack. She felt guilty spending so much but justified it to herself, needing to buy her own work outfits, not being dependent on James to buy her clothes.

She felt happy leaving the store with her purchases, stopping to have a coffee and cake. As she sat, enjoying her coffee, she thought about the way she was feeling, happy and content. For the first time in her life she realised that she had spent money she had earned herself and it made her smile.

She then headed to the hospital. William was not in his bed and a Nurse informed her that he was at his physio session, telling her she could go watch if she wanted. She went to the physio room, immediately seeing him standing between two bars, holding onto them with a large man standing directly behind him. He looked very uncomfortable to her as he struggled to put much pressure on his right leg. After a while he saw her and waved over, almost falling over as he did. The attendant called her over and explained what they were doing; just doing a little each day to strengthen the muscles, telling her they were finished for the day. She took him back to his room in a wheelchair, wondering as she did so, whether this would be the norm for the future.

She told him about her day and the shopping, though leaving out how much she had spent on her own clothes. He was tired after his exercises so she didn't stay long as it was obvious to her that he needed to sleep for a while. She told him that their eldest daughter, pregnant with their first grandchild, and her husband were going to visit him later in the day, that she would see him over the weekend. With a kiss and a hug she settled him into the bed and left.

That evening all but her youngest son was out of the house so she asked him what he wanted for dinner. To her dismay he chose McDonalds and they headed off to the nearest one. She had a large big mac meal and coke, surprising herself when she enjoyed it. He had a happy meal. Later he headed to his bedroom to play with his playstation. She had really enjoyed getting all her tasks done today, leaving her weekend free from cleaning too much. She finished the day by opening a bottle of Chablis and watching one of her favourite movies, Pretty Woman. She slept well that night, only now getting used to sleeping alone, though missing having William alongside her to snuggle up to.

The weekend passed quickly. Her son had a match which she watched, seeing him score three goals this time. She also had a family movie night where she, along with the three children still at home, had drinks, popcorn and lots of chocolate. This normally happened once a month but this was the first one without William so they skyped him and he watched with them using his IPad from the hospital bed. She had left some popcorn and soda with him during her visit earlier that day.

Her pregnant daughter also visited her on the Sunday for lunch and they talked about baby names, Lydia's new job and William's condition. She enjoyed seeing her daughter pregnant and was looking forward to being a grandmother.

On Monday morning she woke rested after her weekend. She had thoroughly enjoyed all the time with her family and had not thought too much about work. After showering she looked into her wardrobe seeing her new purchases. She chose a black trousers, black high buttoned blouse, white jacket, black heels and black undies. She was slightly nervous putting them on as they were not part of what James had paid for. However, he had said that he had not known what Emily and she had bought so she assumed that her outfit would be ok. Looking at herself in the full length mirror she thought she looked professional and good though it was also obvious to her that maybe it did not look as good a quality as the rest of her gear. Nervously she left the house and headed to the office.

When she arrived she didn't see James' car in his designated parking spot. She went to her desk, wondering if she should keep the jacket on while seated, choosing to do so. About 30 minutes later Tony arrived and walked past her without a word. Shortly after James arrived, looked strangely at her but only said, "Get Tony into my office now and you too."

He sounded very angry to her and she immediately rang Tony and told him. Both of them walked into the office together.

"Tony, what the fuck happened with Gerry over the weekend?"

Lydia knew that Gerry was the MD of the new large client they were on the verge of signing up.

"James, I don't know, the first I heard of anything wrong is when you called me this morning, what did he say?"

"He said that we hadn't responded to his emails last Friday; that he was looking at another supplier now."

"I didn't see any emails on Friday."

James looked over at Lydia, "Did you see any emails?"

She looked nervously at both of them, "I wasn't here on Friday, Tony told me I could have the day off," forgetting that James had also told her to take the day off.

Tony also looked nervous as he looked at their Boss, "You weren't here and Lydia had looked after all the other girls work so I didn't think you would mind."

James got up from his desk and started pacing the room, "Lyds, go check your email, see if he sent it to you."

She almost ran from the room, panicking when she saw the email in her mailbox. The client had replied to an email she had sent on James' behalf but only sending it to her rather than including James and Tony who had been on her original email. She printed two copies, rushed back to the office and handed the emails to them.

"Fuck, he wanted a response by Friday, close of business."

"I'm sorry Boss, I should have been here."

He looked at her but said nothing, obviously deep in thought as to his next move.

"Tony, get her an Iphone so she can check on emails when she's not here. I'll ring him and see if I can sort this mess out, go get the information he wants," dismissing his manager from the room.

Lydia stood there, transfixed to the ground, not knowing whether to leave or not. She watched as James took his phone and dialled the number of his client, who answered immediately.

"Hi Gerry, I'm just ringing to apologise for not coming back to you on Friday."

"I know it's not good enough, we didn't see the email until today."

"I know Gerry, my secretary wasn't here on Friday, it shouldn't have happened."

She stood and watched, hearing only his side of the conversation and noted how he was looking her up and down as he spoke. She did not like the look on his face, almost one of disappointment, surprise, disdain.

"Gerry, I'll sort it now and you have my word it will not happen again."

"Gerry, you have to believe me, I will make it up to you."

He laughed, "Yeah, she's worth keeping." And then, "Ok I will, you can hold me to that," before ending the call.

At that moment Tony rushed back in with the information the client required. James looked at it, dismissing him and telling him to ring the clients finance guy with the information. He then looked up at her.

"Lyds, you nearly cost us a big contract."

"I'm sorry Boss, Tony told me to take the day off."

"Ok, lesson learned, Tony will sort you email access at all times, I need to be able to rely on you Lyds, can I do that?"

"Yes, of course Boss."

"New outfit?"

"Yes Boss," nervously looking at the ground.

"It's nice, but such a shame to hide those lovely legs of yours."

"Thanks."

"And there is no need to wear the jacket when you at work, you're not cold are you?"

"No, I'm not."

"Ok you can go, make sure Tony gets that phone sorted today."

"Yes Boss," as she left the office quickly, shaking at the thought that she could have been responsible for the company losing a client while she was having a nice day off. It was not even 10 a.m. and already her good feelings from the weekend had evaporated. Before noon she had been given a new phone and one of the IT guys had shown her how to access and reply to email.

Shortly after noon, James left the office telling her that he was going to lunch with Gerry to try and fix everything. She wished him well.

It was after 4 p.m. before he returned. It was obvious to her that he had a number of drinks over lunch, his face slightly flushed. He walked behind her desk looking at her jacket on the coat stand.

"JC Penney, surely we can do better than that."

She looked at him, with an embarrassed look on her face, not knowing what to say, seeing him smile down at her before thankfully walking to his office. She looked at the clock wishing it to get to 5 p.m. so that she could leave. When it did so, she almost ran from the office.

That evening all she did was prepare dinner, phone her husband for a short conversation and go to bed early, stressed at the events of the day.

The following morning she again chose to wear black trousers and high blouse, leaving the jacket at home. Tuesday was the day of the weekly management meeting and she was not looking forward to it.

Arriving at the office she noted James' car in his parking spot and rushed to take her place at her desk. At 10 a.m. she joined the team in the Board room, taking her place alongside James. She noted that he looked disapprovingly at her when she entered the room.

Once they agreed the minutes from the previous week's short meeting, they got down to business with each of the team giving a report on their area. As Tony spoke about the monthly accounts figures she saw James looking down at her trousers before looking up at her and whispering.

"Still hiding your legs I see."

She looked at him, hoping to see a smile on his face but seeing there was none. He had brought his attention back to Tony. The meeting lasted until noon at which stage all left the room. He had said no more to her after that one comment. She was thankful that nothing else had happened, that nothing else had been said. She typed up the minutes of the meeting and sent them to James for review. Later in the afternoon he summoned her to his office.

"Lyds, I don't remember Tony saying this," pointing to a highlighted area on the paper in front of him.

When he didn't give her the paper she walked around to his side of the desk to see which point he was referring to. As she bent over to look at it he looked at her. Although practically no cleavage was on show the sight of her huge breasts in the tight black blouse were very inviting. Aware that he was looking at her she stood up.

"Yes Boss, he definitely said that, will I get my notes?"

"No need, if you heard it he must have said it, maybe it was when I was distracted by you."

Not knowing how to respond she remained silent.

"Can I ask why you chose to wear trousers. Emily didn't buy them for you."

Looking at him wearily, "I thought you said you didn't know what we bought."

He laughed loudly, "Emily knows I prefer skirts, she would never have bought trousers, so tell me why did you?"

"I feel more comfortable in them, that's all."

"But why would you want to hide your wonderful legs?"

"My legs are nothing special, and I'm not that comfortable with men looking at me."

"But why Lyds, surely every sexy woman knows that men will admire them, nothing wrong with looking, is there?"

"I'm not sexy."

"Oh, you sure are, that makes you even more sexy to men."

"Please stop Boss."

He laughed and smiled at her, seeing her discomfort, "Do me a favour, turn around."

12