MC-125 Ch. 01-11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tough," Samantha growled and pulled him in for another breathtaking kiss. His head swam again and he felt himself melting with Samantha. John's arms molded around her warm body until it was her turn to draw back for air. "Tough for both of us. I'll call you that cab."

John caught his breath as he watched Samantha stride off to the kitchen and admired her feminine curves. It wasn't long before she returned but they both chatted amiably, albeit distantly. The cab arrived too soon and John was cursing the thing for being quick. Somewhere in the back of his mind he was hoping the thing would get stuck in a ditch and he would then have no excuse but to remain in Samantha's presence.

The night air was crisp and chilly as a stiff autumn breeze blew through the rattling trees. They didn't say anything as John opened the car door. John brushed a strand of hair from Samantha's face as they gazed their good-byes. The cab door shut behind him and the night whisked him away.

Chapter 10

It was a very rare thing that John did, but today he decided to sleep in. By the time he arrived at work his team of researchers were well under way in their respective experiments and John was buried in catch-up work. This was why he tried keeping a regular schedule even though it wasn't intrinsic to his work. One thing John hated above all else was having to bring his work home with him. The world of cancer research progressed slowly because of the sheer volume of the amount of work that was required to study the tiniest aspect. John worked through his usual lunch hour and ploughed ahead until someone knocked on his door and he was thankfully given excuse to tear his eyes away from the large sheaf of papers he was looking through.

"Hello, John." Even in such a confined space as his office Samantha managed to regally stride into his workspace with her aura of confidence and command that made his cramped quarters seem a palace hall.

John took a brief moment to appreciate her statuesque beauty and noticed the greasy paper bag clutched in her hand. "Hello, Samantha," he greeted.

"I figured I owed you a meal so I brought lunch."

John took a whiff of the air and decided he already liked whatever was in the brown bag. "Smells great. Pull up a chair." As Samantha sat down John took the moment to dig in the minifridge he kept by his desk and fished out a couple of bottles of water. Samantha accepted and began fishing out long aluminum wrapped bundles and small bags of greasy tortilla chips.

"I found a Mexican place nearby and thought I'd give it a try."

"So if your little trial goes awry at least you'll have someone to share your misery with?"

Samantha smirked. "Bingo."

John laughed with her as he tugged off his gloves. He learned along the way that greasy food and leather didn't mix. He sat down and began unrolling the foil placed before him. A large, over-stuffed burrito sat on his table and John heaved a round corner into his mouth. It was quite good so he took another spicy bite. Samantha waited for him to nod his approval before she too sank her teeth in. They spent a few moments to eat and, when they were each half finished, slowed down enough to talk.

"So."

"So," replied John and paused. "I'm sorry but I really don't know what to say. Things are spinning out of control real fast."

"Is that always necessary?" Samantha prodded. "Control."

"For me, yes," John answered. "I've sort of made it necessary for myself for obvious reasons. But you seem to have this knack for taking the reins out of my hands."

"Stop grabbing for them in the first place and just let me drive, then," the redhead fired back with a challenging smile.

"You know, I can ask the same of you. Why do you have to be in control?"

"Let's just say it's a force of habit."

John could tell she was dodging the question but decided not to pursue it. "This can be somewhat difficult."

"What's that?"

John put down his meal and reached across the table for her, willing himself to be as neutral minded as possible. Her hand was soft but strong. "Us."

Startled by his touch, Samantha tried to pull her hand away but he grasped her firmly. "I thought you said you weren't going to try anything without my permission?"

"I'm not," he answered and quickly explained his intent. "I'm not doing anything. I...I just wanted to hold your hand. Did you know that it's been months since I've last touched anyone? And the last one was Evans'. You're a bit more pleasant." John let go of her hand.

Samantha stood up and circled his desk before taking a seat in his lap. "I think I'm a lot more than just a bit more pleasant." She looked down at him with daring eyes and cupped John's face in her hands. "Don't you think?"

John could barely trust his voice not to crack so he only gulped dryly in awe of the powerful woman locking eyes with him. Oh, to Hell with it. John stared back just as boldly and kissed her. The same unfamiliar rush he felt last time his lips caressed hers raced through his every fiber. Surprised at first, Samantha didn't respond but finally succumbed to the desire entwining them. John lightly brushed her cheek with his fingertip and felt a fiery spark ignite his senses and he nearly fell headlong into that other world of her emotions. Her breath became his and he could feel his chest heave with her pulse. He was awash in a strange sensation that he had never felt before. He hungered for more of it. His mind grasped at her essence as his hand reached lower to the pulse at her neck. John felt Samantha's hand on his and guided him lower. He reached down and his skin broke contact from her. With a gasp of stinging, sweet air they separated.

Samantha's eyes were a dark forest of hunger. Her lips glistened wetly as she licked the salt of his mouth from her lips, causing John to do the same. Her chest rose and fell shakily; the buttons of her blouse to strained with tension. John's fingers itched to release them. She leaned over and rested her forehead on his and kissed him lightly, a spark in shadow.

"I stand corrected," was all he could manage to say.

"Damn straight," she answered. "I'll be sure to rub that fact in your face as often as I can."

John smiled at her. "I think I would like that very much." And he kissed her again.

* * *

John pulled up to Samantha's estate in his motorcycle, as promised, for their second date. He looked up at the star-studded night sky and took a deep cleansing breath. Bracing himself, John stepped up to the front door and rung the bell. Samantha answered the door promptly and showed him in. Properly lighted, Samantha's house looked even more impressive than when John had been here last.

"Let me go check on Brianna and the babysitter one last time and then we can be on our way."

John waited downstairs in the foyer and took the moment to collect his thoughts. They were still in the early stages of their relationship but somehow he felt that things were progressing very rapidly. There was something intangible about her that drew him to her like a moth to a flame. John would have to remember not to get himself burned. Just then Samantha strode down the stairs and even though she wore a simple light jacket and jeans her bearing and attitude made it seem as if she were wearing an elegant gown. Get a hold of yourself! He was acting like a lovesick teenager. John shook himself mentally.

"So where are we headed?"

John snapped to attention and smiled at her. "I know a great place for Chinese. Best noodles in town."

"Sounds great. Let's go."

John escorted her out the door and she smiled broadly when she saw his bike parked in her driveway.

"I always keep my promises," John said. Samantha didn't reply but she did pick up her pace.

They were out of the driveway and speeding down city streets in a swirl of autumn leaves. John could feel Samantha smiling behind him as she clasped him tightly about the waist as they zipped between cars. They found their way to a dimly lit shopping center with a boisterous Chinese restaurant situated on the corner. John had no idea what the sign over the place said but he did know that the place served good food. A Health inspector's grade was posted on the front window for all to see, touting it as acceptable but not the cleanest of places to dine. John didn't care. From his extensive business travels over the past year he found that sometimes the less than exemplary places were the best places to eat, especially when pertaining to foreign food.

John pushed open the glass door and Samantha stepped in. The place was bustling with activity. Luckily they didn't have to wait in line for a table. They spent the next few minutes going over the menu and ordering.

"You know, it's begun," Samantha commented.

"What's that."

"People are talking. About us."

"Oh," was all John could say at first. "That's begun." He pondered the situation and gave it some serious thought. "Well, we knew that this would happen eventually. I'm going to guess that it was Ron, the security guard down in the lobby who saw us leave together a couple of nights ago. Either that or your or my office workers have been eavesdropping. But that doesn't really matter now, does it?" She shook her head in agreement. "Well, we haven't done anything wrong and you haven't given me any special privileges financial or otherwise that affects the corporation."

"True enough," Samantha replied. "But we're going to be under the microscope by investors. And any infringement on company policy by either of us is going to get magnified beyond proportions. Which means I can't let you do any unsanctioned side research, especially if it doesn't somehow prove that it is financially feasible."

John sighed. "I thought it might be something about that. I understand. I'll stop sending blood samples down to the labs. And I suppose I'll have to pay for the previous tests, labor and materials. Any clue how much that is going to come out to?"

Samantha just smiled at him warmly. "You're a peach you know that?"

"What?"

This time she chuckled warmly at his confusion. "You are now head of a new research team in Pharmtech's public consumptions department."

John could only fumble at what she was saying until the very last moment. "Wait, how is a cure to MC-125 financially feasible?"

"Think about it. Who does not want the general public to have MC-125?"

John felt the proverbial light bulb click on. "The competitors who can't afford it."

"Bingo. All we have to do is create it and sell it to them at a greatly reduced price and by the sheer numbers of those who buy it we should have a sizeable profit."

John mulled over that. "So you help me and in the process make a neat profit at the same time." She only shrugged in response. "You know, that does seem feasible. But couldn't the larger food corporations who utilize MC-125 want to stop us. Possibly pay you off at horrendous prices just to keep us quiet?"

"Most likely and I wouldn't put it past them to try a little espionage as well. But I'm not going to lend them my ear. There's more at stake than just keeping customers addicted, which by the way it is. I'm fairly certain Genentech is probably working on what you have in your body right now, absolute mind control. I'm sure a great and many powerful people would be very interested in your blood or whatever it is that's in you."

"Well, that's definitely good for my ego. All of a sudden I'm worth millions of dollars."

"Dead or alive."

"Excuse me?"

"When, not if, they find out about your unique chemistry they'll just want your blood and any parts of your body they might find interesting and rip you apart for analysis."

"That doesn't sound too pleasant," John answered. "I'm a bit attached to my body. It seems to keep me alive."

"Be that as it may I'm going to boost security at Pharmtech, particularly around your lab. I'm playing with the idea of giving you a personal bodyguard as well."

"Do you think that's altogether necessary?"

"Better safe than sorry."

Just then, their food arrived and they took a moment to savor the food. The place really did have the best noodle soup in town and Samantha made appreciative sounds around a mouthful of food. John, on the other hand, didn't enjoy the meal as well as he normally would after suddenly feeling exposed and vulnerable to hidden assailants to come bounding out of windows for the mark on his head.

"Oh, will you stop that," Samantha said irritably. "They aren't after you yet. Matter of fact, you're the first to know about the whole operation. Not even the accounting department knows about this yet and you know how much they're in on things. And like I said, I'm flirting with the idea of getting you a body guard."

"I'd be far more appreciative if you reserved your flirting with me."

"That can be arranged." Suddenly John felt Samantha's foot rubbing along his calf suggestively. "But be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

"Careful, Samantha," John playfully warned as he slipped his right hand under the table. "I can play this game better than you can." He undid a glove, reached down, and grabbed her by the ankle. He guessed correctly that she was wearing ankle socks beneath her jeans when his hand contacted her bare flesh. He fired off a suggestive impulse up her calf and he watched as Samantha's breath caught.

"I thought you said you wouldn't try anything," she rasped between gritted teeth.

"I'm not affecting your free will." John smiled. "Just tell me you don't like what I'm doing and I'll stop."

"That's a very gray area Mr. Arrons." Her eyes flashed dangerously but John decided to press his luck. He held on and channeled his attention to the center of her womanhood. Her face flushed noticeably and her breathing became short and erratic. She looked about her at the others dining at the restaurant and tried to keep her expressions as neutral as possible with colossal effort. Distantly, John could feel the runaway passion roiling inside her as her foot tensed and writhed in his firm grip. Her mind was a flurry of conflicting feelings but pervasive throughout was the mind fogging lust. She gripped the edge of the table with white knuckles until she finally leaned over the table and let out an explosive gasp of air that was drowned out by the din of the restaurant. John released her now limp foot.

Samantha remained hunched over her plate for a few more moments as she caught her breath. John began having second thoughts about his actions when she shakily got up from her chair and headed straight for the Ladies' room.

Minutes passed before she returned and John was more than a little frightened that he may have overstepped his boundaries. When she emerged from the restroom he felt his guts roil and his appetite disappear as he watched her storm her way towards him with thunderheads flashing in her green eyes. She stepped up to him commandingly, grabbed him firmly by the front of his shirt, and pressed her lips firmly to his. The action combined with his previous nervousness completely shorted out his brain and he could only weakly receive the heart-bursting kiss. She broke the contact abruptly before sitting back in her seat.

"Don't you ever try that too often if you value your life."

John just sat dumbly and took several moments before he could collect his scattered thoughts into any semblance of a response. John released a breath he wasn't aware that he was holding and smiled. "I'm glad you're not going to rip my head off for that little stunt." Her eyes still glinted dangerously but John felt he was in calmer waters now. His face turned serious as he reached across the table and held her hand in his gloved one. "You know you can trust me. I'm not going to hurt you or do anything you don't really want me to. I know you're a strong-minded woman. It's what I find so attractive about you. And I'll be damned if I dampen that spirit of yours in the least. I care a great deal for you."

Samantha gazed deeply into his eyes and said nothing in return, only smiled at him gently and let him hold her hand. At that moment, nothing could have made him feel more content.

Chapter 11

"Can I ask you an awkward question?"

Samantha looked up from her stack of papers. Shared lunches were now an everyday occurrence and the flying rumors had settled down over the past week as John and Samantha grew closer. They were sure the rumors would flare up again when they discovered John would head one of Pharmyech's new Top-Secret research departments.

"I was wondering if I could get a sample of your blood and possibly put you through a CAT scan." John waited for her answer. He waited a lot longer than he expected.

Finally, Samantha put down her pen and looked at him. "What do you plan on gaining from said tests?"

"Samantha, I've told you this before and I don't mean it as just a form of flattery. You are literally different from all of the women from my past. You don't react as strongly as others do to my unique abilities. You surprise me with your phenomenal ability to resist my touch. I'm convinced that there's at least a biological and chemical reason why you are able to do so. It's not just your strong character, although that certainly is a factor, but there's something else that protects you from me. If I could isolate whatever the factor or factors may be then I'll be a giant leap closer to realizing a cure."

Samantha sat quietly as she mulled over his words. John did not expect her to be so reticent about something so simple. Then it hit him like a stack of bricks. Perhaps she already knew the answer to what he was asking. And it was not an answer she was willing to give. There could only be one reason for that. "What exactly did Jeff do to you?" Her head snapped up at the mention of his name and John knew instantly that he was right from the wild expression in Samantha's eyes. "I'm right aren't I?"

She only answered him with a palpable silence.

John sat back. "Forget I even mentioned it," he said abruptly, not wanting to cause her any undue pain from whatever may have happened before. John, however, thought things over; about what else that bastard could have done to her. He stood up and began cleaning up his lunch. "I should get going. I am on the clock after all."

"John?" He turned around and noticed the tense look on his boss's face, no, his lover's. "I..."

"Look, you don't have to tell me. I understand that you probably went through something pretty bad. And digging it all up is probably very painful for you. We'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure."

Seeing some of the strain washing from her features, Samantha composed herself and sent a daring smile his way. "Are you that confident that we'll be seeing that much of each other?"

John crossed the room and kissed her briefly. Again, passion flamed across from the contact and their faces flushed. "Most definitely, Ms. Summers. Most definitely." He gave her a final grin and arrogantly strode out of her office.

John shut the door behind him, waved at the secretary at her desk and continued down the hall to the elevator. He sighed. John wished there were something more that he could do for her. He was tempted to investigate things himself but decided not to. She would tell him when she was ready. It just made getting close to her so frustratingly difficult sometimes. That, compounded with his current condition, made the issue of trust even trickier.

John returned to his office. There was still a whole world of cancer research needing to be done and technically John was still the head of said division until his new position was announced. For the remainder of the afternoon he was kept busy with a series of test results that were just finishing up and John was still as eager as always to piece them together.

1...456789