Mechanics of the Heart Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"SHIT!! Sensitive, baby, sensitive!" Roberto whispered harshly. "Ahh-AAHH! Fuck..."

Finally, a series of busy slurps and anguished moans later, Danny pulled Roberto's spent, rubbery dick out out his mouth and gently stroked the shaft, giving little licks to the glans.

"That was so fucking hot," he murmured, looking up at his lover. He felt cum cooling all over his naked body, a coat of jizz expelled from both of their cocks. A droplet of semen leaked out of his used asshole.

"Aw yeah..." Roberto agreed with a sweaty smile, his limbs weak from the fucking and the post-cum-head.

As their breathing slowed to a regular pace, Danny piped up again.

"Berto?"

"Hmm?"

"Did I miss a spot?" he asked with guileless eyes, one hand still on Roberto's dick, the other running across the mechanic's wet muscles. "On my face?"

That made the strapping stud laugh out loud.

"You're such a little cum slut.." he sneered, laying his firm body on top of Danny's, looking at his lover face-to-dripping-face.

"You missed your whole face," he affirmed, then looked down the length of Danny's figure. Pools of semen glued themselves to the mechanic's furry body and stretched in gooey strings. "And your whole body."

Turning up his innocent-boy act, the brunet inquired, "Can you help me clean it?"

Roberto took one finger and began sweeping the globs of cum on Danny's face into his hungry mouth. He loved watching his boy savour and swallow every goopy load.

"It's tasty," he purred.

-----

The next day, Danny went to the annual Big Fair by the lake with Richie, his tattoo artist boyfriend Trevor, and Simon.

The copywriter was almost going to cancel when his mechanic stud said he had to go to some "mechanic's conference" at a nearby city. But then Danny thought it would be good to get out of his home, his new home with Roberto, and to take his mind off his mother. Also, it had been a yearly tradition between him and Richie to go to the Fair since they were little. Keen to rebuild his friendship with his lifelong pal, Danny knew how important it would be to attend.

Though it was October, the weather was still warm. It was perfect for a day outdoors spent playing midway games, riding the ferris wheel, and eating junk from the enormous food building. In the busy, family-filled afternoon, the group found themselves in the lineup to a crazy spinning ride. Richie turned to Simon and asked, "So, what are you gonna do?"

He was talking about Jae and Luke. The black musician did his trademark headshake and forehead slap. "I dunno. What would you do?"

Richie's eyes lit up and he exclaimed, "I'd jump on both of them, then ask if they were down for a threesome!"

While everyone laughed and a father in line behind them gave Richie a dirty look, Trevor, sporting asymmetrical blue hair, commented, "Such a shy, demure flower, this one."

"What about you, Danny? What would you do?" Simon asked.

"I...I dunno." The copywriter hesitated, thinking. "'cos I would probably get attached to both or something, and then..." He finished with a frown on his face.

"Yeah, exactly!" Simon agreed, nodding. "It'd get messy, and the last thing I want in my life right now is a mess."

Quietly, Danny muttered, "Well, it depends on the kind of mess..."

Just like old times, Richie didn't miss a beat to tease his oldest friend. "Tell us, Danny," he goaded loudly, "What kind of mess do YOU like??"

The father waiting in line cleared his throat and glared at Richie again. He turned around to Trevor and mocked the middle-aged man's stern expression.

"Unlike you," the tattoo artist said with a chuckle, "Danny is a freak in the sheets, but a lady on the streets."

It was their turn to go on the ride. While Richie and Trevor were fighting over who would sit on the outside seat and thus get crushed once they reached top speed, Danny and Simon took the opposite approach and offered each other the inside seat. It took the cute teen operator coming around to lock the doors to force them to sit their bums down. Simon ended up on the outside.

As soon as the ride started, the two of them regretted getting on.

"Omigod...AAHH!" Danny screamed, trying hard not to. "Sorry!!" he screeched, as the centrifugal force pressed his slim body against Simon's.

Simon was crushed but couldn't stop laughing at Danny's 'get me off this ride!' face. In front of them, Richie and Trevor raised their arms and hollered.

When the ride ended, Danny took slow, wobbly steps off the ride, holding onto Simon's shoulder for support. Richie bounded out like nothing happened and asked, "Who wants to go on the Drop Zone??"

The musician and the copywriter both pursed their lips and shook their heads.

"Wimps," the blond groaned, grabbing Trevor's hand and starting to walk.

"Honey," the tattoo artist asked, "Why don't we play some games at the stands? You know I've got good aim."

Simon caught the cheeky glance that Trevor shot at Richie.

"Nah, it's a cash grab," Richie replied. "Danny and I come here every year and we've never won anything."

"What?!" Danny interrupted as they walked towards the midway booths. "Richie, don't you remember we won that big mermaid doll?? We actually won the ring toss after spending like $50!"

"Oh yeah!!" he responded, turning around to the brunet. "And then I lost the doll."

"Doofus," Danny said under a fake cough.

Suddenly, it began to feel like old times again.

Simon observed the direction they were heading in. "So I guess we're heading to the food building..." he said with a grimace.

The brunet and the blond met each other's eyes. "Deep fried, all the time!"

Simon shuddered. "Well, I'll be eating my own food. I'll wait for you guys outside?"

"What?!" Richie exclaimed. "Simon, sit with us. Omigod, it would make my day if you actually had a bite of deep fried butter."

"Deep fried butter?!" the musician questioned in disgust.

"Death on a stick," Trevor clarified.

"Some people have no idea," Danny sighed, snapping his fingers and shaking his head.

"Yeah, wait till you get to 30 and suddenly, it's not so cute anymore. It takes work to maintain abs," Simon warned and complained simultaneously, smoothing his hand over his stomach.

In front of him, Richie stopped and turned around. "Have you seen his abs?" he asked Danny with eyes wide open.

The copywriter turned to Simon with similarly wide eyes, then smirked.

"Show and tell! Show and tell!" Richie chanted, clapping. Danny soon joined in.

Rolling his eyes, the black musician looked around warily, then lifted up his polo shirt. Danny was surprised and impressed by how cut and perfectly proportioned Simon's six pack and obliques were. He cheered loudly with Richie and Trevor.

"I'm still not going in that building," Simon declared, his cheeks flushed.

"Oh, c'mon!" Danny exclaimed, as he and Richie pulled the black musician into the massive junk food centre.

Inside, the odour of deep-fried grease saturated the air. Danny and Richie excitedly bounded up to each food vendor to check out what calorie-overloaded fare was on offer.

Simon looked at the pictures of the food being served. He thought the food looked like artifacts in an avant-garde gallery exhibit.

After a round tour of all the food stands in the circular, single-storey building, the pair of reformed best friends each bought a stick of deep fried butter and shared a donut burger. Simon had to look away as Danny and Richie bit into their crunchy, dripping meal; he promptly lost all appetite.

The musician opened his messenger bag and looked for the banana he brought to snack on. As he rummaged, he heard someone call his name from behind.

"Who's that?" Richie whispered, squinting his eye at the stranger. And then it hit him.

Simon turned around. "Jae!" he exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Just checkin' out the Fair, man!" he responded in his sunny manner.

For a moment, Simon wasn't sure how to feel. The last time they saw each other was weeks ago, and Jae basically said he wanted them to be fuck buddies. Since then, they hadn't talked or texted each other once.

But as the athletic Asian opened his brawny arms wide and moved in for a hug, the musician couldn't resist the physical contact. He savoured the warmth of Jae's tall, buff body.

"Are these your boys?" the Korean asked after the embrace, nodding at Danny, Richie, and Trevor. He promptly introduced himself and shook hands with them all, while Richie shot quick winks at Simon.

This was also when Simon saw Jae's friends, three girls and one guy who stood some distance behind the Korean. "Hi, I'm Simon," the musician offered politely to Jae's friends. He hated making introductions and small talk.

There were no handshakes with this early-20s hipster group.

"How do you know Jae?" one of the girls asked after names were introduced, then quickly forgotten.

"Oh, I know his roommates."

"Oh yeah, those guys..." the girl continued, looking to the side, nodding. Soon she was chatting amongst her friends, with her back to Simon.

Meanwhile, Jae was charming the pants off of the musician's friends; business as usual. Much to Simon's amusement and annoyance, the Asian jock was having a moment with Danny and Richie over the deep fried goodness on offer in the food building.

"Simon, you haven't had one of these?!" Jae asked in surprise, holding up a stick of deep fried butter.

The musician shook his head and moaned, "Ugh."

That was when a devilish glow flickered in Jae's eyes.

He started walking towards Simon, the stick of pure artery cloggage held in front. "C'mon, it's so good," he teased, ready to feed the 31 year-old.

"Don't you DARE!" Simon declared, backing away, his hand outstretched. But then Jae grabbed his hand, and he went still.

"C'mon..." the young hunk said, raising the deep fried butter to Simon's lips. With a quick roll of his eyes, the musician opened his mouth and took it.

He took a tentative bite and chewed slowly. Then his tongue darted out and swept up the crumbs that he missed.

Jae's mouth hung open slightly, his eyes hypnotized by Simon's lips.

"...damn, it's good," the musician said after swallowing. There was a shift in the stare between the two.

Simon held Jae's gaze, and he was about to take another bite, when behind them, one of Jae's friends piped up.

"Jae, c'mon, the dog show is starting soon!"

Their moment broken, the Asian jock grinned and put his hand on Simon's shoulder. "Lindsey really wants to check out the puppies." Simon nodded.

"Hey, are you guys hanging around for a while?" Jae asked the musician and his friends.

"Umm, I dunno...maybe?" Simon replied.

"They're doing fireworks tonight by the lakeshore. We're probably gonna check 'em out...if you're around, come find us," the Korean suggested.

Simon replied, "Sure, of course."

"Text me," Jae said as he walked away with his friends, waving goodbye to Richie, Trevor, and Danny.

Simon turned around quickly, lest he be caught staring at Jae as he left with his friends. He was greeted by Danny and Richie's arched brows.

"Well then," Richie said with a wicked grin.

"What?" Simon asked abruptly, starting to blush.

"Nothing..." the blond continued, putting their food trays aside.

"What??" the musician demanded again, as the group strolled out of the food building.

They went around to several more booths, more rides, and a skating show, enjoying themselves as Danny and Richie bonded again. All this time, all Simon could think of was Jae.

As the sun went down and the air got chilly, Trevor wrapped his arms around Richie. It was soon clear that everyone was ready to leave. Except Simon.

"Dinner?" Richie suggested, looking at the group. "There's Chinese, Thai, and Italian places close by."

As the others deliberated, Simon piped up hesitantly, "Actually, guys, I think I'm gonna stick around a bit longer..."

"Yeah, we knew that," Richie responded matter-of-factly, then turned back to Trevor and Danny. "So Thai tonight? Okay!"

The musician stood there blinking as the boys each took turns hugging Simon goodnight.

"Play it cool. Be yourself. Don't think so far ahead," Richie advised his older friend.

"Yeah yeah," Simon replied, rolling his eyes.

When the boys left, he brought out his phone to text Jae.

'Hey, u still at the fair?'

Then came the part he hated: the uncertainty. Waiting for a guy to text him back. Not knowing whether Jae was still around. Whether he was still interested. And he wasn't looking forward to being around those elitist hipsters either. He hesitated between setting his phone on vibrate and turning up the ringer.

Around him, families and hand-holding couples leisurely strolled through the Fair. He felt lonely, in the middle of the crowd. It was a feeling he knew very well: standing on stage, talking or singing into a mic, facing an audience who didn't give a shit.

He just loved stepping up to the plate for life's curveballs, didn't he? Jae already stated where he stood. And he didn't even want to think about the possible drama with Luke at work. So far, the editor-in-chief had been completely professional since that dinner. But what if he tried to make a move?

Then the SMS ring sounded and jolted Simon out of his fog of debilitating doubt.

'Yo I'm at the shore! Fireworks r startin soon, come!'

His heart jumped, and as much as he didn't want to look like he was rushing over to the lakeside viewing area, he well and truly was.

It was funny how everything could change with just one text; before it, the Fair had become the loneliness place on Earth; but now, as Simon sped by a blur of midway booths, a rainbow of plush dolls, whirling rides with flashing lights, and children's laughter, he felt beyond excited to meet up with Jae, like he was zooming in closer and closer to the centre of it all.

The cloud-free evening sky and the warm temperature was perfect for watching fireworks. When Simon reached the shoreline, it was dotted with people waiting for the pyrotechnics to start: families and friends chatting and laughing, some showing off their giant, hard-won toys on the boardwalk port, other wielding flashing wands and helium balloons.

He almost leapt for joy when he saw Jae, by himself. His back was facing Simon, his arm leaning on the railing, his attention seemingly centred on the lake. Simon took a breath, walked up and tapped him on the shoulder.

The athletic Asian turned around. When he recognized it was Simon, he flashed the musician a big grin, the same grin that had swept the musician off his feet since their first conversation in the kitchen.

Before Simon could say hello, the first pop of firework sounded and echoed in the air. The musician's mouth hung slightly open; his eyes stayed steadfastly on Jae's smile, which was more vibrant than the burst of colour that erupted in the black sky.

He was at a loss for words.

The Korean jock cheered and pointed to the sky as a string of crackles reverberated from high above. Simon cast his eyes to where Jae was pointing, taking in the the spectacle of lights.

To their left and right, there were whistles and claps all along the boardwalk. The night air was still, cool enough for a hoodie on top. Faintly, an orchestrated soundtrack drifted from the pyrotechnic boat to the masses.

Simon wanted so badly to hold Jae's hand. He fought so hard to hold back. He also fought to stop his head from turning to look at the Asian hunk again and again, itching for another glance at his invincible smile.

Iridescent flashes shot across the night sky, bursting into view from thin air. The blossoms of colour transformed in hue like airborne chameleons, morphing before their tone could be named or processed. Their forms, too, were kinetic but transient, never still, slipping away after fanning out gloriously for a second. Before there was any time to say more than "Wow...", a new wave of glittering spheres and comets ignited, starting the cycle anew.

It was almost enough for Simon to be happy, standing there beside Jae, enjoying the spectacular fireworks.

The musician didn't realize how quickly this blissful moment was passing until the pyrotechnics team went all out and the music swelled, signalling the final minutes of the display. It was like one big chaos of colour and sound, magnificently messy. Both of them cheered and clapped to the chaotic finale.

And then it was over. The music ceased and the sky went back to black.

"Aw man, I want more!" Jae exclaimed. A burning smell wafted through the air.

"Yeah, that was incredible," Simon said.

The young hunk turned to him. "What now, dude? Where to??"

Simon shrugged. "I dunno. What do you feel like doing?"

They looked at each other. There was a hint of hesitation on Jae's part, as if he thought of an idea he wasn't sure if he should express.

"We can go for some food, maybe? If you're hungry?" Simon suggested.

The Asian hunk sighed. "Ooh, I would, but I'm broke right now. And I have food back home..." His eyes lit up. "Hey, you wanna come over and have some? Nicole made some pasta and salad. We can download a movie on my laptop."

"Oh, okay, sure," the musician replied, trying to play it cool. His mind immediately shot to a possibility, a possible...pastime that could happen, after food. He wondered if Jae was on the same page.

He wondered if that was what Jae wanted to suggest in the first place. Just pasta and salad and a movie?

-----

When they got back to Jae's house, they were both starving, and soon tore into the pasta, the salad, and other leftover bits in the fridge that Jae shared with his roommates Nicole, Julio, and Arthur. The others were either all out, or doing their own thing in their rooms.

During the meal, the easy flow that coursed through Jae and Simon's conversation resembled the beginnings of a real friendship. Although Simon enjoyed talking with Jae, deep down this emerging layer of connection with the attractive Asian only confused his feelings even more.

"I think it's harder to be a girl," Simon opined at one point in their conversation, feeling full from their hasty feast.

Jae shot him an incredulous look. "Yo, are you serious?? Guys have it hard too."

"Oh yeah? Like how?" the musician inquired with a grin.

A serious tone suddenly washed over the athletic Asian's face. "Don't you ever feel like, sometimes, you're trapped?"

"What do you mean?"

Jae wiped his mouth on a napkin, then balled it up and dropped it on his plate. He took a breath.

"It's become this 'cool' thing for guys to be sensitive, and talk about our feelings or whatever. But, the fucked up thing is, when we do, it..." He thought for a moment, visibly getting riled up. "They can't handle it. There's this look that's like, disgust and disappointment. Like they'd rather us shut up and man up in the end."

"Like, be sensitive, but don't be weak?"

Jae clapped and pointed straight at Simon. "That's it! That's fuckin' it." The jock sat back. "And it's fuckin' bullshit."

Simon smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I know what you mean. But don't you think women have their boxes too?"

"Yeah, of course, it's hard for everyone. But I think there's more awareness about women's issues than men's issues." Jae puffed up his chest. "Like, what the fuck, men don't have issues!"

They both laughed.

"Well, I can tell you it's a little different for gay men. Even more complicated," Simon began.

"Sometimes it's cool because I feel like I don't have to fit into either box. But other times, it feels like the worst of both worlds."

He felt like he was onto something. "Like, I'm gay, so I should be into fashion, and interior design, and musicals, right? But I'm not, and there's this stupid thing...I feel like some people judge me because I'm not gay enough."