Meet Me Halfway

Story Info
Lovers reunite for weekend of passion.
4.6k words
4.4
21.9k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
janiexx
janiexx
79 Followers

"You're what?" Natalie stared at her boyfriend, Mike, in amazement. "You're going where?"

Mike stood with his back to her making a cup of tea in her tiny kitchen. The air was thick with tension and Natalie could feel her stomach contract with disappointment and fear.

"I'm sorry, Nat...there's nothing I can do about it."

"But...a whole month? In Scotland?"

He carried on stirring his tea and Natalie felt tears gathering behind her eyes. February. Traditionally the month for lovers and where would her lover be? In bloody Scotland!

"But you can come home at weekends, surely?"

Mike shrugged. "I doubt it. This course is pretty intensive, you know."

"But Valentine's Day! We were planning to go to Paris!"

He turned finally and put his arms around her. "We can go to Paris in March, Nat. It'll probably be cheaper then anyway. You know what it's like near Valentine's Day. Everything costs more."

She stared at him. This was their first Valentine's Day together and she'd expected so much. In the past she'd always been disappointed. At work, no bouquets had arrived and there hadn't really been any cards, unless you counted the one she always received from her mum.

Natalie turned away from him so he couldn't see the tears in her eyes. She'd been looking forward to their weekend away for so long and even though nothing had been definitely booked, she'd been preoccupied with her thoughts lately and imagining all the things they would do together.

"Look, I'll see what I can do, OK? But there's going to be a whole group of us, Nat. Everyone'll be in the same boat."

She looked at him suspiciously. "Who's going, then?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. All the new people, I suppose. It's training. We've got to do it otherwise I'll be out of a job."

Natalie knew how important this job was to Mike. When they'd first met he'd been in a job he hated and couldn't believe his luck when he found out he'd managed to secure an interview with another firm just after Christmas. It was now mid January and he was still learning about the company, a huge multi-national business that had taken him on as an Account Manager, a job that Natalie joked was just a glorified salesman.

"But why Scotland?"

He sighed. "Because that's where they do all their training. I did tell you." He took a long gulp of tea and picked up the newspaper. "Look...it's a few weeks away. We can do something special before I go, can't we?"

Natalie shrugged. It wouldn't be the same. Just for once she wanted to feel special on Valentine's Day. Nobody had ever really made a fuss of her and this was their first celebration together as a couple. They'd met last April and had quickly become inseparable, and although Mike still had his own flat, he spent most of his time at Natalie's tiny cottage.

Now, all sorts of thoughts were invading Natalie's mind. That was her problem, she realised, she had too much of a vivid imagination. Suppose he'd met someone at work and this was just a ruse to spend Valentine's Day with her? Surely any self-respecting company wouldn't expect their staff to be away for an entire month, not when it was such a special time?

Feeling angry and alone, Natalie stomped off into the living room and turned on the television. A couple relaxed by a pool in the Caribbean and Natalie sighed angrily. There seemed to be lovey-dovey couples everywhere and it would just get worse as Valentine's Day approached, most of the shops aflame with red love hearts and stupid cuddly toys. Then, of course, there would be the restaurants and hotels offering romantic dinners and breaks...And where would she be? Stuck at home on her own. It's not fair, she thought angrily. For the first time in years I have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day and where will he be? Stuck hundreds of miles away in Scotland...

*

Two weeks later, Natalie said a sleepy goodbye to Mike as he kissed her in bed. It was before dawn and he was on his way to catch a flight to Edinburgh. Despite Mike saying they would do something special before he went, nothing had happened and Natalie had to admit that things had been strained between them since he'd made his announcement. Natalie was angry but she knew how much the job meant to him; her only consolation would be that the job would mean a better future for them...if they were still together.

They'd made love last night and Mike had been even more loving and gentle than usual. At first she'd tried to resist him, but gradually as his fingers and tongue had worked their magic, she'd surrendered. He was never normally one to bring her to orgasm through oral sex, but he'd spent ages exploring her pussy with his tongue, as if he knew that by doing that she'd forgive him. As she lay panting and full of pleasure after her first delicious climax he'd entered her swiftly and given her another from his long, hard strokes that had left them trembling and gasping. Afterwards, they'd cuddled and kissed and she knew that she would miss him more than he knew.

She heard the front door slam and then silence. She buried her head under the pillow and cried her eyes out, the pent up emotions finally getting release. She could still smell him on her and on the bed sheets and knew that she wouldn't change them until he came back. He hadn't mentioned anything more about Valentine's before he went and Natalie was too proud to give him the huge card she'd already bought. He would just have to have it when he got back, late or not.

Over the next week she kept busy, her job as a hotel receptionist keeping her occupied, but at night, after she'd called Mike and they'd had a brief chat, the evenings stretched out long and empty. Once, when she felt really miserable, she went through all the photos she had of Mike and herself together, but it made things worse, seeing how they'd been happy together. They looked such a great match: he was tall and dark haired with laughing green eyes that had attracted her so much from the first. He was smiling and had his arm around her protectively, loving the fact that she was tiny and so very feminine, her long dark hair falling down her back in waves. He once said that it was her face that had captured him but now she knew that the same face hadn't smiled since he'd gone.

One night she'd tried to persuade him to have phone sex with her as her frustration and loneliness was almost too much to bear. His voice whispering in her ear as she brought herself to orgasm would have been a consolation of sorts and she'd cried down the phone as he'd gently refused. Again, she felt that horrible doubt surface in her mind. Was there someone there with him?

On the Thursday before Valentine's Day, Natalie went into work early as usual, her mind full of the day ahead. The hotel itself was holding a huge Valentine's Ball and part of her duties was to arrange the flowers and balloons. She felt like she was working on autopilot as she took delivery of the red carnations and lilies that were to be the centrepieces of the tables. Thankfully, she'd already arranged to take the Friday and the Monday off as holiday, thinking that they would be flying to Paris for the weekend. When he'd told her he was going to Scotland, she'd considered cancelling the days off, but decided that she would book a few pampering treatments at her local spa to cheer herself up.

Returning to Reception she saw the local florist's delivery man standing at the desk, a huge bouquet of red roses in his hand. "We didn't order roses," Natalie said, thinking that the delivery was for the ball. She checked her notes. "I'm expecting some more carnations, though..."

The delivery man smiled. "These aren't for the hotel, my dear. It looks like these are for you."

Natalie blushed as she was handed the flowers, her heart hammering in her chest. She took the note and with her fingers trembling, read the words Mike had written...

*

Early the next morning, Natalie packed her bag and threw it into the back of her little sports car. It was 4am and she looked at the black sky anxiously. Last night she'd watched the weather forecast and they'd said that a heavy blanket of snow was on the way, affecting northern areas the most. Mike had told her where to find his Valentine's card and inside were directions to a small hotel in the Lake District. He would drive down from Edinburgh and she would meet him halfway. She'd been thrilled and excited last night when she found out what he'd done, and their conversation had been warm and loving. He sounded like he'd been missing her and she'd gone to sleep yearning for his touch.

Although a confident driver, Natalie felt nervous on the long journey up to the Lake District. Once it became light, the sky looked ominous, the grey clouds gathering overhead and pressing down on her as she made her way north. The radio gave out constant weather warnings and as the landscape changed, she felt a long way from the relatively balmy climate she'd left behind at home.

By 11am, Natalie was in the Lake District, but the weather had worsened and it was snowing. Huge flakes covered the windscreen and made driving difficult, but Natalie had to press on. The hotel was a few miles from the motorway and although the roads had been gritted, the conditions were treacherous and she took it slowly, peering through the windscreen as the wipers cleared the build up of snow.

Her mobile phone rang and Natalie glanced at it. It was Mike, but not daring to take the call she drove on, searching for a place to pull in so she could call him back. There were hardly any cars about and a shiver of fear ran through Natalie as she glanced at the surrounding scenery. Through the snow she could make out the fells and dry stone walls, with the occasional farmhouse here and there.

A few miles further on she spotted an entrance to a farm gate and drove into it. Picking up her mobile, she dialled Mike's number and stared out of the window. If anything, the snow was heavier now, blanketing the car and blotting out the mountains that loomed over the road. Natalie felt her stomach contract with nerves as she waited for Mike to answer. If she became stuck here, how would she get out? She'd packed a blanket, some food and a hot drink, but she'd left the shovel at home, never imagining she would need it.

When she heard Mike's voice she almost cried with relief. "Where are you?" she asked, gripping the phone tightly. "I'm in a small village about five miles away, but the snow's really bad."

"I'm at the hotel," he answered. "I thought you'd be here by now as well."

"Oh God," Natalie moaned. "I can't even see the road now, Mike. It's really bad."

"Just take it easy, Nat. Drive slowly and I'll meet you on the way, OK?"

Natalie rang off and peered out into the gloom. The snow was falling heavily, whirling madly in the wind that had sprung up and covering the windscreen before the wipers could clear it. She put the car into gear and eased gently on the accelerator but the wheels spun with an alarming scream. Trying not to panic, she tried again but the same thing happened. Shaking with fear she sat back in her seat and looked out of the window again. It was a whiteout now and she couldn't see a thing through the whirling blizzard. Don't panic, she told herself, it'll stop soon and then I can try again.

She kept the engine running to keep warm and reached over to the back seat to get her drink. Within minutes the windscreen was covered in thick snow and she fought down the rising fear as she realised that her little silver sports car would soon be invisible...

*

Mike ran down the stairs of the small hotel and into Reception. Bill, the man who ran the hotel, had seemed friendly enough when he'd checked in and he'd noticed an ancient Land Rover parked outside when he'd arrived.

Outside he could see just how bad it was, the snow blotting out the surrounding hills and lakes. The hotel was so cosy, a log fire burning in the Reception hall and comfortable sofas just crying out for an afternoon of lounging about and reading the newspapers. Mike felt like kicking himself when he thought of the danger Natalie could be in. His idea, something he'd been planning ever since he knew about the training, was turning out to be a bad decision.

"Can I help?" Bill asked. "Your wife arrived yet?"

Mike blushed at the mention of Natalie being his wife. "Er, no. That's the problem." He glanced outside at the weather again. "She's about five miles away. I said I'd meet her."

He paused. He hated asking for help, but the hire car he'd chosen just wasn't equipped to deal with the snow. But Bill seemed to sense what he wanted. "Take the Land Rover," he insisted. "I'd come with you but I'm expecting some more guests and my wife is busy sorting out the rooms."

Within minutes he'd sorted Mike out with blankets, a shovel and a flask of hot soup. "Keep to the main road, OK? She said she was five miles away? She'll be around here." He pointed to a village on the map and Mike took it gratefully. "Thanks so much..."

Bill waved him away. "Just be careful. I'll get you a wee dram when you get back!"

Mike tentatively moved away down the drive in the Land Rover. It was freezing cold as the heater didn't work and it banged and rattled, but he felt far more confident on the snowy road and that was all that mattered.

*

Natalie had tried several times more to get the car going, but each time she felt herself sinking deeper into the snow and, possibly, the mud underneath. She was well and truly stuck.

She called Mike again and when he answered she could hear a noisy rattling and banging in the background. "Where are you? What's going on?"

"I'm on my way, Nat," he yelled. "Where are you?"

"I'm stuck," she wailed. "The car won't move and I'm scared." She started to cry, terrified that he would miss her and she'd have to spend the night in the frozen car. She'd tried to get out and clear the snow from the windscreen and roof, but the cold and wind had beaten her back.

"Look, stay where you are, OK? Are you in the village?"

She tried to calm down. "Just outside it, I think. I'm in an entrance to a field but it's snowing so badly, I'm scared you won't find me."

"I'll find you," he promised. "Just hang on."

Natalie threw the phone back onto the seat and tried once more to get out of the car. She could see nothing but the whirling snow and the road was completely smooth. Not a car had passed her way since she'd pulled in. She used her scraper to clear the snow off the windscreen and sides of the car, but found herself covered within seconds. Back inside the car, she turned on the radio and waited.

*

Despite the difficulty, Mike was enjoying himself. The Land Rover responded well to the conditions and he began to feel like a hero in a bad film, rescuing his girl from certain disaster. He felt he was pretty near now, the milometer showing he'd travelled nearly five miles. He kept a look out, his phone in one hand in case Natalie called again. Miraculously the snow has stopped and through the heavy clouds the sun made a brief appearance. Everything was transformed; the fells surrounding him sparkled under their blanket of white and he realised he'd never seen anything so beautiful.

But suddenly his reverie was interrupted as, rounding a sharp bend, he swerved to avoid a figure walking in the road. The Land Rover skidded but came to a halt inches away from a dry stone wall.

"What the...?" he shouted, desperately trying to re-start the engine. "Stupid idiot walking in the road!"

"Oh God! I'm so sorry!"

Mike looked up in amazement as the figure came up to the window and pulled down the hood of her coat. "Nat! What the hell are you doing here? You were supposed to be waiting in the car for me!"

"It stopped snowing so I thought I'd come and look for you."

They stared at each other and then burst out laughing. Mike hastily opened the door of the Land Rover and pulled Natalie to him, kissing her as hard as he could. She responded and they spent the next few minutes kissing and hugging, their mutual relief making them both laugh.

"I couldn't stay in the car any longer," she said, holding him close. "I thought you wouldn't see the car, but you'd see me walking."

"You idiot," he replied softly, kissing her hair. "You could have been killed."

"You didn't hire this, did you?" she laughed, taking in the ancient paintwork and battered bumpers.

"No, this was very kindly lent to me by the owner of our hotel. Who thinks we're married, by the way..." He smiled. "Let's hope I can start it again."

Luckily he could and within half an hour they'd collected Natalie's belongings from her car and were on their way back to the hotel. "You'll love it," Mike said, his hand stroking her knee. "Huge bed, fireplace, the works."

"I can't wait," she breathed, putting her hand over his. "And I think, after this little ordeal, we both need a lie down...

*

True to his word, Bill had organised a platter of sandwiches and something to chase away the cold for them both. "It's up in your room," he said. "The fire's lit as well..."

Natalie blushed as they made their way up the stairs, knowing Bill was watching them both. He was lovely, she thought, and had treated them like an indulgent father. She felt desperately tired now after the trauma of the morning's events and yearned for a nap.

Mike seemed to think the same. They ate their sandwiches and drank the whisky in front of the fire, the heat making them both drowsy.

"Fancy a cuddle and a nap?" Mike said standing up and holding his hand out to her.

"Uh huh," she nodded and began to undress. With the light from the fire her body glowed and she knew that Mike was watching. When she was down to her underwear he undid the clasp of her bra and cupped her soft breasts in his hand.

"You're beautiful," he whispered. "I missed you so much, Nat."

She smiled and kissed him gently on the lips. "I missed you, too."

He guided her to the bed and she lay down and watched while he undressed. He was clearly aroused and after removing her knickers, she playfully teased one of her nipples as he watched. "It's been a while," she murmured as he stood before her. "Before our nap, shall we...?"

He didn't need asking twice as he lay down next to her and kissed his way down her body. She was more than ready for him and laughingly took his head and pulled him up to face her. "Later...I need you inside me now more than anything..."

He smiled and with one swift movement parted her legs and was buried deep within her. She gasped as he started to move slowly in and out, his eyes never leaving hers. She opened her legs wide and drew him in deeper, revelling in the feelings he was giving her. It was a quick coupling, both of them needing the release that the sex would bring. Natalie came first, her orgasm hastened by her fingers and the long deep strokes of Mike's cock. After she had cried out and held him tight he felt his own release building and joined her, their moans echoing around the room.

Afterwards, deeply tired, they lay entwined on the bed and slept, the only sound the crackling of the log fire.

*

Natalie gazed at Mike and smiled. It was their Valentine's Day dinner and the hotel looked beautiful in the candlelight which adorned every table in the small restaurant. Since arriving on Friday, they'd walked and shopped and laughed and made love and Natalie couldn't have wished for a better weekend. Mike had even produced a card, as soppy as her own and she felt truly happy. I should have trusted him, she realised. He was a good man and wouldn't have let her down. Now, as the first course was served, he looked rather nervous. She noticed his hands were trembling as he spooned his soup and wondered what was wrong.

"You OK?" she asked, folding her napkin. "You seem a bit worried."

janiexx
janiexx
79 Followers
12