Memories Aren't Forgotten Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Trying to play cupid again I see," Paul said somewhere in the background.

"Fine." She said giving in. her cousin sounded surprised.

"Really? Great! That was easy. He's staying at the Vintage Village. I told him you'd pick him up at eight. I just know you two will hit it off." She hung up before Jesse changed her mind. Not that she would have. She remembered the promise she had made to Laura the few days before.

Now as she stood in front of the desk with the young lady who stood behind it smiling politely at her, she had to mentally remind herself she was doing it for Laura and Chad to keep her from would have bolting from the hotel. Returning the smile, she told her her name and asked what room Adam was in.

"He's expecting me. I'm a little early actually." She looked around the lobby as the lady checked the hotel log and rang Adam's room. A large crystal chandelier hung overhead adding to the hotel's vintage touch. Sculptures of wild animals and antique furniture also decorated the room.

"It's room sixty one. He says you can come up. One of the boys will show you up. People get lost a lot in here. I'm afraid you'll have to wait though. We're short staffed today. There's a flu going around," she apologized looking embarrassed.

"That's alright. I used to work here during my summer vacation from university. I'll go on up," Jessie smiled sympathetically. She remembered her days at Vintage Village and how hectic it was on weekends.

"Thanks," she replied.

As cross the thick plush carpet, her blue sneakers barely made an imprint. She waited a couple of minutes at the elevators before they opened. An elderly couple stepped out along with a middle aged woman wearing a yellow sundress that was a couple of sizes too small for her. Smiling brightly she headed towards the entrance completely oblivious of the people staring at her. Jessie rode the elevator to the sixth floor and headed to room sixty-one. She paused to smoothen her grey shirt over her jeans before knocking. An elderly man wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt with wild flowers splattered across it and white shorts answered. Thinking she had the wrong room, she was about to apologize when a smile lit his face. It was then she noticed how green his eyes were.

"So you're the enchanting young lady my son is dressing up for," he began but was interrupted by a woman voice inside the room. She had a British accent.

"Vincent, I hope you're not pestering Adam's friend." An elderly woman appeared wearing similar clothes to the man's.

"Would you like to come in? Adam's on the phone with the other partners from Nepal. He will be done anytime now." They stepped aside for her to enter.

"This is Vincent, Adam's father and I am Adrienne, his stepmother."

"I'm Jessie Ryan." Jessie said. Adrienne ushered her to the large white sofa in the living room. Double doors were opened at the other end of the room displaying the scenic view of the Village. Adam stood on the balcony deep in conversation on the telephone.

"Would you like something to drink dear, some iced tea perhaps? This weather is brutal isn't it?" Adrienne asked.

"Yes it is it gets even worse during the months of August. A glass of water would be fine, thanks," Jessie told her. Vincent sat in the opposite chair as his wife went to get the water.

"Are you a local of Cedar Oaks Miss Ryan?" he asked looking carefully at her. So that's where Adam got his intent gaze from.

"Actually I moved her when I was little, when my parents died. To be honest I feel like Cedar Oaks has been part of me all my life. It grows on you I guess."

"Yes I've been here only two weeks and I think I've met everyone here at least twice," he chuckled.

"Population eighteen thousand and counting. Every year tourists visit here fall in love with the beaches and wildlife and decide to stay," she grinned.

"Wildlife you say? Yes I have seen a rare species of humming bird while we were on the golf course, remember Vinny? Unfortunately I didn't have my camera," Adrienne pouted. Her face then brightened as she bobbed her head up and down. "We're visiting the Village's vineyard today. I supposed there'll be lots of birds there."

Mr. Cambridge looked at Jessie. "My wife's a bird enthusiast, Jessie. May I call you Jessie?"

"Yes of course sir."

"Vincent and Adrienne will suffice. You make me feel as though I've been knighted by the queen," he laughed.

Adrienne took a seat next to Jessie. "So what does a young lady do in Cedar Oaks?"

"She teaches literature at the local high school?" she said.

"And for fun?"

"Fun? I forgot what that means!" she laughed. Looking outside she noticed Adam had finished his phone conversation.

"I see you've met my parents. As you can see you're not the only one with strange kin." He began taking a seat next to her. Now there were two pairs of green eyes looking at her. And p pair of just as attractive blue ones.

"You think we're strange darling?" Adrienne asked him. Just then the phone rang preventing him from answering her. She answered then hung up.

"It's front desk. The car taking us to the vineyard is in the front. I'm sorry we have to cut our meeting short dear. Maybe you could tell me more of Cedar Oaks' wildlife over lunch?" she suggested.

"That sounds good. It was a pleasure meeting you both." Jessie agreed.

The elderly couple went out the door she came in earlier, leaving her alone with Adam.

"Well were do you want to go first? As your official tour guide I suggest The Cedar Oaks Museum. It was built during the eighteenth century and has extraordinary artifacts from the past." she said standing

"That all sounds very interesting but first I'd like to visit this couch." he began. "Don't worry I won't bite."

She took a seat in the couch opposite him.

"Let's see now. If memory serves me well a few days ago you didn't seem interested in being anywhere around me. Now you agreed to spend the entire day with me showing me the sights. Tell me what chat changed your mind Miss Ryan." His gaze remained unwavering.

"I had a change of heart." She looked at the buttons that marched up the front of his blue shirt.

"A change of heart," he repeated. He knitted his fingers together, and then smiled. "Then you are interested in me."

"No! I mean I don't know. I guess I might be, I'm not sure. I don't usually go out with anybody my cousin set me up with." She began. "Not to mention I know nothing about you."

"Okay then I guess this sight see is a good start to get to know each other. The Cedar Oaks Museum is where we'll start then." He said changing the topic. He rose from the sofa. "I'm not a convicted killer or demented lady killer so you don't have to worry."

12