Mending Wounds Ch. 02

Story Info
Holland has sinister plans for Buffy.
1.6k words
3.45
21k
1
0

Part 2 of the 24 part series

Updated 10/09/2022
Created 03/29/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
24 Followers

The weeks have been passing by and Buffy was getting closer into incriminating Wolfram & Hart. The sad thing was that they had some great lawyers such as Lindsey McDonald and Lilah Morgan, who she had become friends with. As for her boss Holland Manners they were okay.

Holland Manners on the other hand noticed and suspected about Buffy Summers eagerness wanting to join the law firm, she told him that she wanted a change of scenery. He accepted it, but that didn't mean he believed it.

"As much as Buffy maybe a good asset to this law firm, I believe it's best she'd be eliminated for good. So Jack Hamilton, I'd like you to make Buffy's accident look as realistic as possible."

~*~*~*~*~*

Darla had figured out a way to make Angel hers again. She figured that if he was with her for a year, she could convince him or rather persuade him again. The last thing she wanted was for Angel to fall for some young woman and leaving her out in the cold. This time she thought about it and if she had Angel back, she'd reconsider his marriage proposal. Darla spotted Angel talking with the other nurses and laughing away. She was green with envy.

"So Doctor McCallister, when are you going to get married?"

"I don't know, but when I do you'll see it by the way huge smile I'll have on my face everyday," he said flashing her a smile.

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy was at the office and had to rush towards the bathroom. As she made inside the stall, she started to throw up. If she knew better, she'd say that she was pregnant. Buffy happened to buy a pregnancy test kit while she was in LA.

After what seemed like an eternity, Buffy looked over at the pregnancy test and noticed a plus sign. She was pregnant with Riley's child. It was the best news that she had received. Buffy couldn't wait too tell Riley the news, so she started dialing his work number on her cell phone. After two rings he picked up.

"Hello, Riley Finn speaking."

"Riley, I have great news to give you," she said excited.

"What is it?"

"I'm…" Someone entered the bathroom calling out her name.

"Buffy, are you here? It's Lilah. Holland would like to see you."

"I'm here. I'll be right out."

"I have to get going. I'll call you later. Bye."

~*~*~*~*~*

As Buffy was heading home because she was so excited to tell Riley the great news about her pregnancy, she heard a tune on the radio and drove along the highway. There was a black car that trailed behind her and he was ready to cause an accident. As her assailant got closer to her, she just kept on singing. Then all of a sudden he hit the fender of her car. Buffy felt her car shook and looked through her rearview mirror to see who was tailgating her.

"What's wrong with that guy? Why doesn't he just move over and cut in front of me?" Buffy moved a bit faster to let the car behind her move on ahead. He went right back and hit her again, but this time he added more force, which led Buffy's scattered over to the side of the highway and her car was stuck by a pole. The car then fled the scene, but no one spotted who the perpetrator was. Buffy was now unconscious with her head against the steering wheel. A car that was passing by along the highway noticed an injured young lady and called for an ambulance.

~*~*~*~*~*

As Angel was about to head out to lunch someone called out his name.

"Doctor McCallister, you're needed in the OR." He couldn't understand as to why they needed him there, but walked over to the OR.

When he entered the room, he spotted a young blonde with minimal scars on her cheeks laid unconscious having no idea what was happening to her.

"Xander, what's the reason of why you called me in? You seem to be handling things pretty well here," he said handing his colleague Alexander Harris, a surgeon handing him a suture kit.

"I know that, but you're gonna have to talk to her when she gets up. She just had a miscarriage." Angel was shocked. He felt sorry for the young blonde woman lying on the gurney.

"No offense Xander, but don't you think that maybe after you tell her she'll want to talk to a psychiatrist."

"No! I can't do this to her. She's my friend and I trust you to talk to her all right. Are we clear here?"

"Alright, alright you win. Can I at least have her name?"

"Sure. It's Buffy Summers."

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel left the room afterwards and waited until Buffy was up in her room to speak to her. He just didn't want to talk to her about how things will get better in time. As he made his way towards her room he heard Xander talking with Buffy.

"Well Buffy, it's hard to say this, but you lost your child." Angel then heard Buffy crying and yelling out loud.

"No! This can't be happening. My baby's fine. I know it," she said placing her hand on her abdomen. Xander leaned over and hugged Buffy.

"I'm sorry Buffy, but it's true," he said rubbing her back.

As Angel was about to enter a tall blonde haired man passed him and entered.

"Oh, Buffy. I just got the call and heard you were in an accident. Are you okay?" Riley said looking at her.

"Oh, Riley. I lost our baby," she said crying onto his shoulder while he rubbed her back. Riley couldn't believe that she was pregnant. So that was the good news she was about to tell him over the phone.

Angel just stood at the doorway while he saw Buffy crying helplessly over her husband's shoulder. Xander spotted him watching the scene before him.

"Angel, why don't you come in?"

"No, it's okay. I'll come back later."

Buffy moved away from Riley wiping her tears to notice the dark haired man standing by the door for the first time.

"Yes, come in." Angel entered the room.

"Buffy, I'd like you to meet Doctor Angel McCallister, he's our OB/GYN at Sunnydale General. I asked him to come so you could talk to him about how you feel."

"Xander, you know how much I love you, but Doctor McCallister isn't a psychiatrist."

"That's what I told him, but he won't listen to me," Angel answered. Xander looked back and forth from Buffy to Angel.

"Well since I figured that both of you are my friends, I figure it'd be better for you to talk to Angel instead of a total stranger that might want to pry into your business." If Angel knew any better he'd say that Xander was setting him up with Buffy. It's not that he didn't notice her beauty, but there was a huge factor. She's married.

"Fine, Xander. If Mrs. Finn doesn't object to it," he said smiling her way.

"No. I'm okay with it."

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy hadn't slept that well that night. She kept on tossing and turning in her bed replaying the accident over and over in her mind. She wondered who would do this to her and why? Her mind was in such deep thought that she never heard the voice calling out her name.

"Mrs. Finn, do you hear me?" Angel said as he placed his hand on her shoulder. The sudden movement startled her.

"Oh, I'm sorry Doctor McCallister. Could you please call me Buffy?"

"Alright, Buffy, but as long you call me Angel."

"Sure. So let's begin."

Angel started talking to her briefly about how she felt before the accident and the after effects of her miscarriage. He made sure where to draw the line.

"Hey, baby. How are you?' Riley said as he standing by the doorway. He was listening to the conversation between the two.

"I'm fine. Come over here." Riley walked inside her room and stood beside her.

"I'll be leaving you to. Buffy, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks Doc."

"Buffy, when are you coming home? I miss you at home." Buffy thought about it. It's not like she wasn't physically fit to return home, but emotionally she just didn't want leave this place. Her fears of hospitals were lessened all because of Angel.

"I don't know yet. I'm waiting for the doctor to release me," she lied. She could have been going home today.

"Alright, honey. Have you spoken to Willow or your parents for that matter?"

"Actually, I haven't gotten around to calling them since the accident, but I'll give them a call later."

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy dialed up Willow's number at her office. After two rings she picked up.

"Willow Rosenberg speaking."

"Hey Will. You're so formal."

"Buffy, I haven't heard from you in quite a while. How are things at Wolfram & Hart?" That was the last thing that Buffy wanted to be talking about with her long time best friend.

"I'm in the hospital actually. I got into an accident yesterday. So I'm at Sunnydale General. Oh, Willow I have one more thing to say." Buffy paused and started crying. Willow was at the other end of the line wondering, why her best friend was crying.

"I was pregnant and I miscarried," Buffy said solemnly. Willow was shocked, she thought that maybe her friend her arm was broken or possibly her leg. She started crying for her best friend as well.

"Oh, Buffy. I'm so sorry. If there's anything that I can do just tell me."

"Sure thing. Call Wolfram & Hart for me. I'm hoping you'll see me tomorrow."

"I'll do that."

angel13
angel13
24 Followers