Mending Wounds Ch. 04

Story Info
Buffy leaves Riley & kisses Angel.
1.4k words
4.4
16.5k
1
0

Part 4 of the 24 part series

Updated 10/09/2022
Created 03/29/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
24 Followers

She was glad that Darla wasn't in the bedroom when she packed a couple of her things into a bag. The last thing was seeing the sight of that nurse. She looked over the bed and was completely disgusted by the sight of the rumpled sheets; then the image of both of them going at it caused her stomach to get nauseous all over again.

Buffy was out of the house and started her car and drive off. She had no clue as to where she'd go. 'Should I head over to Willow's? Or Xander's? I definitely can't go home now. Where else can I go, that won't mind having my company? Angel? Yeah, like my own doctor's going allow me to stay over his place.' She thought about it some more and decided to call him. After two rings someone picked up.

"Good Evening, Sunnydale General. How may I help you?"

"Could you connect me to extension 516, please?"

"Sure. Hold on while I connect you." After what seemed like an eternity was only two rings Angel picked up.

"Hello, Doctor McCallister speaking." She sighed and took a moment to her herself together. Angel on the other hand was wondering why no one had spoken yet.

"Hello," he said again.

"Angel, I need your help. It's Buffy," she said solemnly. His heart melted at the sound of her voice. She sounded sad about something.

"What is it Buffy? Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm…I don't know. I'm not feeling well. Could I stop by the hospital and talk to you?"

"Sure. I'll be waiting." They hung up. Angel kept on wondering in his mind what could have happened to Buffy for her to call him.

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy arrived at the hospital and went straight for his office. As she entered he raised his head and looked into those hazel eyes that he fell I love with were all red and puffy from crying.

"Buffy, what's wrong?" She didn't answer, but started crying instead and couldn't stop.

"I don't know where to start," she said uncontrollably. Her tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Well you could always try the beginning. That usually helps." She looked up into his beautiful brown eyes and gave him a small smile.

"I found Riley with another woman in our bedroom. It was Darla." Angel was shocked. He just couldn't believe the turn of events that occurred. He remembered seeing Darla comforting Riley, but to lead to that point was rather low even for her.

"Buffy, don't you think that maybe you should have discussed this with Willow perhaps?" 'Are you an idiot? You know your glad that she chose you to talk to.'

"I didn't want to talk to Willow. She might somehow convince me to take him back. I chose you because you have an objective mind."

"Great, thanks. Now you make me sounded like a self help book." She laughed at him.

"No, I didn't mean it that way. You're a really nice guy. I have a favor to ask."

"Ask away."

"I was wondering if I could spend the night at your place. If it's a problem, I'll understand. I just didn't want to confront my parents yet about Riley." Angel looked at her and loved how she was babbling on and on. 'Here's your chance to prove to Buffy Summers that you're the one for her and not Riley.'

"Sure you can." She jumped out of her seat and leaped into his arms.

"Thank you! Thank you! You have no idea what this means to me," she said pulling away. Her lips were merely inches away from his. He wanted to kiss her so badly. Buffy's heart was beating rapidly and she wondered if Angel heard it.

"I think we should get going."

"Yeah, good idea." 'I have the feeling that if he didn't move away, he was going to kiss me.'

~*~*~*~*~*

They made it to his apartment in no time. As they sat on his couch a distance apart, Buffy struck up a conversation.

"So do I get the pleasure of sleeping on the couch?"

"No. I do. You get to have my bedroom." They went inside while Angel placed new sheets on the bed and pillows.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Buffy. Good Night."

"'Night."

~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Angel was glad that it was Saturday. It meant one thing. Sleep in. He didn't have to worry about patients, nurses and his fellow doctors hording him with complaints. It was great lying comfortably, being peacefully relaxed. He had no worries or anyone to worry about.

~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy woke up finding herself in someone else's bed. She didn't recognize her surroundings. Then she remembered that she was staying over at Angel's place. He had been so nice to her. At least he understood somewhat of her problems. She made her way down the hall and spotted him on the sofa. The sheets covered most of his body. From a glimpse she could see that he worked out. A lot. 'Oh, you have better stop thinking about him this way. He's not your husband.' She left the living room and headed towards the kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel entered the kitchen with only his black silk boxers. His hair was all disheveled from sleeping. He had totally forgot about Buffy being a guest in his home until she spoke up.

"Morning."

"Morning. Did you sleep well?" he asked leaning against the counter. The only thoughts that entered Buffy's mind was, 'Oh, my God. He has such a gorgeous body. He also looks so cute when he first gets up in the morning.'

"I slept well. All things considered. How about you?"

"Like a baby. When I don't have to work on weekends, sleeping in bed is the ideal thing for me." 'All I need now is the prefect woman to share that bed with. Preferably you.'

~*~*~*~*~*

As they both sat down in his living room, Angel wanted to know if Buffy was ready to talk about the Riley incident.

"Buffy, if you think I'm pushing just tell me to stop. What are you going to do when your friends or family call you home and not find you?" Buffy sighed. He was being so thoughtful and had to ruin the moment with that question.

"I'm just not ready yet. I just don't want to be judged for my actions. I feel embarrassed."

"Buffy, you can't say that. You know perfectly well that family and true friends would never judge you wrongly. You need to tell someone that knows you, the whole story so they can understand your pain."

"I just feel that after this, no man would ever want to be near me. I have this fear that if I enter another relationship, that the man I'm with will cheat on me," she said and started crying. He had a box of tissues on the table, picked some up and handed it to her.

"Don't cry. I didn't mean to bring anything bad."

Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes were red and puffy and she blew her nose into the tissue.

"No, it's not you. It's me. I'm a jinx. I thought Riley was my true love, but he isn't. I doubt I'll ever fall in love with the right man," she said continuing sobbing on his shoulder.

"Don't say that. You'll find a ton of guys that will fall head over heels for you," 'Including myself.' he said while she was in his arms.

"Really?" she said looking up into those brown eyes that held so much love.

"Yep. You'll find prince charming knocking on your door wanting to sweep you off your feet," he said with their lips merely inches a part just like the way they were in the hospital. Before Angel knew what was happening his lips found hers and they both kissed. Her hands found it's way around his neck, while his hands held her closely around her waist. Buffy wanted more of the kiss, but Angel pulled away.

"Why'd you stop?" she asked breathlessly.

"We can't do this Buffy. You're married. Things could get worse."

"Yes, we can. I'm getting a divorce from Riley and seeing him with that bitch Darla naked my bed totally disgusted me completely. I don't want to be with a man that can't be fully honest with his feelings. I can do that with you."

"Buffy, you don't even know me that well. I'm a doctor at Sunnydale General the only way you'd know me was through Xander." He couldn't believe that he was establishing reasons as to why she shouldn't be with him. He was falling in love with her and he was asking her to stay out of his life.

"I guess there's nothing left to say. 'Night Angel," she said walking towards his room.

"Buffy…" 'Oh, God, what have I done now. She's so right for me. I have to make it up to her.'

angel13
angel13
24 Followers