Mentor Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He turned, and surprising myself I followed him outside. He pushed through a pair of glass doors, where we were standing on a wide balcony.

"So you're a fan of my father, and you're a fan of Simon Whatley," he said. "I take it you're a fan of Ramona Blackburn, and that's why you were eavesdropping on that conversation with my dear friend Jack?" he said.

"Something like that," I laughed.

Cameron turned, looking up at the stars. "If my father were alive, I know he'd be saying the same thing that I am...that woman is going to change the world of writing as we know it. There's...magic in those books. It's like nothing we've seen since Simon released the Hexadrome series. Or since Rowling released Harry Potter."

"You're in love with those books," I said with a laugh.

"Yes, maybe," he said. "Or maybe I'm just in love with the writer. It's insane, isn't it? I've been begging Simon to introduce me to her for ages, ever since I heard he'd met her at the Rives Gander awards." He turned around, fixing his eyes on me. "Do you think that's crazy?" he said. "Being in love with somebody you've never met, just because of how beautiful their words are? How beautiful they are?"

And that was when it hit me. He was staring straight at me, his pale blue eyes boring down into mine. And the space closed between us. His lips closed gently down over mine, kissing me softly and tenderly there in the pale moonlight. I felt my heart begin to flutter and I pulled away, gasping.

"You...knew?" I asked.

"Not until you said you knew who Theodore Parker was," he said. "Until that moment, I just thought that you were amazingly beautiful and looked just like her. But hardly anybody remembers my dad's work."

I stared at him for a long moment, shaking my head. "Excuse me, I have to go find Becky," I said. I moved away and Cameron reached out to grab my arm.

"I'm sorry," he started.

"Don't be, it was lovely. It just wasn't...right. Not now. Not....I'm sorry," I said again. Finding Becky talking to a trio of young, eligible gentlemen, I told her we needed to leave. She looked concerned but didn't ask why, and we made our goodbyes to the host before heading outside and finding the car.

"Wasn't Cameron nice?" she asked.

"He...was," I admitted. "You were trying to set us up, weren't you?" I asked.

"A little," she said sheepishly. "Did it work?"

I thought about it for a moment, whether I should tell her. Then I sighed. "He kissed me. And it was wonderful," I said.

Becky laughed, pushing the gas pedal and speeding the car up as a way of celebrating. I reached out, grabbing hold of the door handle. She glanced over at me. "Uh oh," she intoned. "There's something wrong, isn't there?"

"I...well, there is. I'm in love with somebody. But it's one of those...it's..." I gave up trying to explain, shrugging. "It just is."

"Oh. One of those," said Becky sympathetically.

We pulled up to the house. Becky waved goodbye as I entered the guest house. I stopped short, seeing a light as I entered. Simon was stretched out on the sofa, wearing his pajamas and dressing gown. Feeling my heart tighten in my chest, I leaned over him. He was deeply asleep. I slid off his glasses, and reaching down I kissed him lightly.

"I love you, you impossible man," I said. As I did, his eyes flitted groggily open. He looked up at me, smiling.

"I tried to wait up for you," he said. "It doesn't appear to have worked." He reached up, undoing my hair so it swung down over my shoulder like a bright red mane.

"I love you," I said again. "But Simon..."

He sat up. "Mona..."

"Simon." Tears had been threatening to spill from my eyes all during the car ride home, and now they flowed freely down my cheeks. "I love you, more than I've loved anyone. But I think it's time to say goodbye."

Simon closed his eyes, the smile leaving his face suddenly. I bent down and kissed him, deeply and sweetly, and he twined his hands through my hair as he kissed me.

"I'll...stay through the dinner party tomorrow," I said. "And after that...I think it's time to leave."

He pulled me down onto the couch, still kissing me. "I know," he whispered. "I know." His hands slid up my thighs, pushing my dress up. We slid down to the floor together and he knelt above me, pushing his pants down. Then he sat back and pulled me up, positioning me over him. He pierced deep inside me and wrapped his arm around my back.

I rocked on top of him, riding him gently. We were joined together, interminably, body and heart and soul. "I love you," we each whispered, again and again and again. Finally he came inside me, moaning as if his heart was tearing away from his body.

I leaned my head down on his shoulder. And when I turned, I saw her face at the window. Her mouth formed in a perfect 'O' of shock and horror. She ran away before I could say anything, and then I turned back to Simon. It wasn't my place, I thought. It wasn't the time.

"You will always be my first great love," I whispered into his ear.

He leaned in closer, nuzzling my neck.

"And you will always be my last," he said.

12