Metamorphosis

Story Info
Unfulfilled mother / Distant son. Tension established.
2.3k words
4.01
132.3k
76

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 10/27/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: In this story, a characters internal dialogue is designated with italics in quotation marks. I think it makes it a bit easier for the reader to tell it's a thought and not something said out loud, and hopefully adds to the flow of the story. I'm not insistent upon them though, and if Literotica feels like their unnecessary, they probably are lol. That's all, thanks.

***All characters in this story are 18 years or older. This is the first part of the first story I've written for Literotica. It tells the tale of a reserved mother who is searching for fulfillment... a son who's steadily slipping into world of secret fantasy... and an outspoken and wild aunt dead set on redefining family dynamics.

I've been an avid fan of the site for a few years now, and it didn't take me very long to realize I wanted to write my own erotic fiction. I just couldn't seem to get started. I eventually found the style I was looking for, and the words began pouring out faster than I could organize them.

This the culmination of multiple stories I've tried writing in the past year, and hopefully, the fruitful beginning to a literary journey yet to come. All I ask is if you enjoy it, let me know why, and if you don't like it, definitely let me know why. This is my first story and with honest feedback, I think I can really fine tune my writing. Anyway, without further adieu... Metamorphosis ***

Chapter 1

Heather sat out on deck, listening to the summer creatures buzz and watching lightening bugs flash. It was a cool summer night and with a soft breeze it felt more like early fall than June. The breeze rustled the leaves as it blew threw them. In the shadow of the moon light they seemed to dance on the dark garden below. Somewhere distant she could hear a lone car strolling through the streets, "probably on the way home to their family" she thought to herself. She sipped her glass of wine and listened to the lullaby the summer night sang.

It was a song she'd long forgotten... until recently. The past few weeks she found her nights getting longer and her sleep getting restless. There had been no change in her work load, health, or habits, but something she couldn't quite grasp was hanging on her mind. Or maybe it was something she couldn't quite accept.

As Heather sat there, she thought to herself about many things. Her thoughts came in faster than she could organize them and were gone before she could dwell on them. She didn't know exactly what her mind was trying to bring to the surface, but she was sure about one thing... she was unhappy. Or rather, "unfulfilled" she thought to herself. She had a good job working from home and owned an average car and house. She lived in a comfortable suburban home in a safe neighborhood, but still, Heather was starting to feel that she was wholly unsatisfied. She was coming to realize that some deeper, more instinctual part of her subconscious was emotionally yearning, reaching for something more...much more.

She thought about her marriage long come and gone and about the failed attempts to date afterwards. Her husband, Sean Sr., seemed like a distant person when she thought of him now. They married young at 21, and a year later gave birth to their only son. He stayed around for 3 years, until one night, he packed his bags, wrote a goodbye note to the family he never wanted, and drove away. Heather thought she was devastated at first, but in time she knew she had been fooling herself all along. She decided right there that romance would take a back burner to raising her son, and although she tried her hand at a few casual relationships, she never fooled herself with love again.

So there she was, 18 years later, sitting outside in the middle of night, grabbing for the reason she felt empty. She had all the pieces in front of her. She just doesn't know that she was building a puzzle yet. Soon though, the pieces would start to fall in place themselves, but for that moment, Heather sat and contemplated the unease that was consuming her. After nursing her wine as slowly as she could, she took the last sip and stood up with a sigh. "What am I missing?" she thought to herself. Closing her eyes, she took one last moment to listen to the buzz of the night. She took a deep breath, opened her eyes, and walked towards the patio door

As heather was locking the patio door behind her, Sean sat upstairs in his room, typing feverishly on his computer. His fingers bounced off and on the keys, clicking rhythmically. He didn't notice his dried out eyes or cramping hands.

In the otherwise dark room, the glow of the screen outlined him, creating a silhouette from behind. Far from a world with time or restrictions, he paid no mind to the clock on the desk changing from 2:51 to 2:52. Where he was, was a world with no school in the morning; no social hierarchies. It was a place defined by the stream of consciousness plugged right into his fantasies. On the other end of the channel, words flowed from his finger tips mixing fantasy with fiction, and landed on the screen in front of him. His fingers hit the keys at an uninterruptable pace, no longer delayed by the analytical mind. No... his creative river was too strong to dam now.

If he was a little more lucid to the physical world, he'd have noticed the light on the back deck being on. To his right was a window that overlooked the back of the house, and if he were to have looked out it at that moment, he'd have seen his mother's shadow cross the deck. Paying no mind though, Sean continued typing away steadily, rearranging words like they were bricks and he a literary architect.

Heather locked the sliding door behind her and headed towards the kitchen. She wore sweat pants and a t-shirt and her auburn hair was pulled back into pony tail. She put her glass on the counter, flipped a few light switches and headed into the living room towards the stairs. A few more light switches later she was climbing the stairs towards the dimly lit hallway above. The stairs had plush blonde carpeting on them. It was the kind that felt like feathers between your toes, and hid the creeks and cracks of the hardwood underneath. Heather wasn't one to buy lavishly or covet material objects. She was quiet and modest and didn't flaunt what she had. Occasionally though, Heather would take a minute to look around and revaluate the comfortable life she worked so hard to provide for her and her son, and give herself kudos. Some things, like feeling the plush carpet between her toes as she climbed the stairs, reminded her she deserved it.

As she climbed the steps she lost herself in thought. She thought about how Sean would be getting up to go to school in a few hours, and just for a few more days. A her son's journey so far, about how it seemed like just yesterday she was picking him up from kindergarten. She was having trouble digesting the fact that Sean was a week away from graduating high school, and only a summer away from leaving for college.

She reached the second floor and instead of absentmindedly turning left towards her room as she normally would, she turned to look towards her son's bedroom. She was still in a daze of nostalgia, so it took a second for the world to come back into focus. When it did, it hit her that Sean's door was cracked open a little, and the rarity of that happening. She debated her options for a moment before deciding to take a peak. Knowing it was three in the morning, she expected to find a dark room and her son asleep, snoring away. When she reached the door though, and took a look through the slim opening, she was surprised and a bit confused at what she found.

Inside the dark room, there was a white light casting long shadows. Right in front of the light she could see her son's silhouetted head and shoulders. It took her eyes a moment to adjust, but when they did she was able to see that Sean wasn't wearing a shirt. In fact... she was pretty sure... "Is he butt ass naked" she asked herself in confusion. "What is he doing?"... she thought to herself. She was having trouble processing the oddity of the situation for a moment, but in a few seconds she started making some deductions

"Naked... sitting at computer... 3 in the morning... naked....typing so fast...naked... typing what?" Her mind was working in fragments. She didn't know what she was seeing and she had no time to notice her now racing heart. She realized she needed to turn away immediately and stop violating her son's privacy, but despite the clarity of her conviction, something was holding her still. For some reason she couldn't look away. She was attracted to the moment like a moth to a light bulb. The more she thought about not being able to turn away the, the strong the pull.

She was stunned by the look of her naked son, but when he shifted his weight slightly and she first saw his erection, stunned turned to a cold mixture of disbelief/confusion/intrigue. She was overcome with a stamped of emotions and thoughts she neither expected, nor could process. Her struggling to process the scene took on the form of hypnotism and she starred at the erection blankly. Ten minutes ago she was contemplating the complacency in her life. She was lost in the sight of her son's naked body, and for a brief moment time seemed to stand perfectly still.

As fast as her flight of thoughts took off it crashed. An explosion of emotions and confusion consumed her before she could even recognize it approaching. At once, Heather filled with confusion and guilt; resentment and intrigue. She felt terrible for looking but great for not stopping. This part of her she'd never known was suddenly starring her in the eye and it was happening too fast to even acknowledge. Her heart raced and jolts of excitement ran up her spine. Her stomach churned with apprehension though. She was like a woman watching her own subconscious split. It was too much... she had no idea how she'd gotten here. The world around her spun like a drunken dream, and suddenly, she was separating from herself. She could see herself starring through the door. Everything took on a haze.

She had no idea how she went blank for, but after what felt like five minutes, (in reality all of this happened in 20 or 30 seconds) she spun and put her back to the wall outside the door. Her breath had become more frequent, and with anymore excitement, it would become heavy enough to notice. Her heart raced fast enough to see her chest twitch with her heart beat. "What just happened?" she thought to herself. "Why is he awake right now and what is he writing and..." even her conscious thoughts didn't dare say it. Although deep down, a small voice she couldn't hear yet, did say it.

"And his dick... what about that? Your own son's hard dick... you couldn't take your eyes from it. Why Heather. Why couldn't you?"

She had no idea what she'd stumbled on seeing, but she knew, despite any reasoning or justification, that she wanted to see it again. She turned her eye back to the crack in the door, and watched as Sean's hands bounced almost silently on the keyboard. His erection was pointing straight upwards, and in her heightened sense of arousal, she could see it twitch with his pulse. In her mind's eye she saw her hand reach out as she wrapped her fingers around it. Heather could perfectly imagine what the skin would feel like and the throb pulsing through it. She image of her hand wrapping around Sean's erection, was too much.

Without thinking, she stepped to the side, turned, and walked towards her bedroom as quickly and quietly as she could. Her cheeks filled red with embarrassment and she tip toed into the room closing the door silently behind her. After briefly leaning against the closed door and taking a few deep breaths, she walked over and sat at the foot of her bed. She mumbled her thoughts softly to herself. "O.K, that was fucking wrong Heather. I can't believe I did that. I can't believe..." she trailed off. She shook her head as if convincing herself,

"I did NOT enjoy it. I was just so surprised I..." she said. She spoke in fragments, pieces of much larger ideas surging through Heather's psyche. "O God... what's wrong with me?" she asked herself as if in genuine realization. It was dawning on her that when she was starring at her son's erection, she did indeed enjoy it. It was dawning on her that her heart had been racing and her stomach buzzed with electric butterflies, and as much as she didn't want to acknowledge it, her crotch was quite wet.

Heather laid back in her bed, reached over and shut off the bedside lamp, and laid there in darkness. She tried whole hearted to slowly talk herself down and back into reality, and after a long while, she stumbled into a shallow and restless half sleep. About the same time Heather was falling asleep; Sean was cleaning up the mess from his hand and shutting off his computer screen. He went to bed quickly that night, and slept soundlessly.