Mick the Dick Ch. 20

Story Info
Mick's job is done - or is it?
1.9k words
4.56
19.4k
00

Part 20 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I woke up with Carla laying up against me, similar to the way she did a few nights ago. Remember when I said how comfortable I was sleeping with Carla? I am. Even with her sleeping up against me, I am very comfortable with her there. That could be a bad sign, at least to my bachelor status.

Sunday, we woke up, had breakfast, and then we took a little ride in the country on my bike. I know what you're thinking, "Carla had a skirt, how'd she go for a ride in a skirt?" One thing I have accumulated over the last several years are jeans and leathers in various sizes. I also had several pairs of ladies boots. It just so happened that I have a pair of leather pants that are Carla's size. And yes, a leather jacket as well. Carla looked good in leather. About the only thing she hated was the helmet. I'm kind of a safety fanatic so the full coverage helmet didn't do much for her gorgeous face, but I'd rather do without seeing it while riding than to mess it up with road rash or a rock thrown up by somebody else's tire.

Later in the afternoon, we stopped by Murphy's for a couple beers and an early supper before I took her to her apartment.

Monday morning was pretty uneventful. I picked up some Danishes at the little shop up the street from the office and two of their large cups of coffee.

"Don't like my coffee anymore, huh?"

"That's gratitude for you. I go out of my way to get you the best coffee on the planet and you have to give me a hard time."

"Thanks boss!", Carla said as she gave me a kiss.

"And you'll probably hate the bun I got you too."

"I love everything you give me."

"Any messages?"

"Nothing important."

"Good." I pulled up a chair and sat at Carla's desk to eat the pastry and drink my coffee. We talked about the weekend and what a good time we had.

The phone rang and Carla answered it. "Yes Mrs. Armacost, Mr. Pheury is in. Can you hold please?"

Carla handed me the phone, "It's Mrs. Armacost."

I wiped my hands on a paper napkin and took the phone, "Good morning Mrs. Armacost... I mean Teresa. How's everything?"

"It's been hectic."

"Hectic?"

"I just finished at the courthouse. I have a court order for Benjamin to stay away until we have a hearing in 2 weeks. My attorney is filing the separation papers as we speak. I met with my attorneys, notice the plural, on Saturday and Sunday. And Benjamin won't have his bail review until around noon. By that time, all of his belongings will be in a truck that is at the house now. And the reporters are driving me nuts."

"I'd say that's hectic."

"Well, my main reason for calling you, I wanted to stop by and settle things with you, if that is alright."

"Certainly. I'll be here. But you know there is no hurry. If you're that..."

"No, no, no, Mick. It's no problem. I think things will only get more hectic as the week goes by."

"Well, I'll be here."

"I'll be there in about 15 minutes. Is that okay?"

"Sure. That will be fine. I'll see you then."

"Bye!", she said as I hung up.

"Can you do the bill for Mrs. Arm..." Carla cut me off as she handed me the bill, already complete.

"Already done."

"Good girl."

"That's not what you said Saturday night."

"Oh yes I did. I said you were good, girl."

The bill showed 4 days at $300 per day for a total of $1200. Not bad for 4 days work at a couple hours per day. Adding in the $1000 tip from Freddie, if I could only do that every week, on top of the couple hundred here and there, I'd be doing alright.

When Teresa showed up, I got up and greeted her at the door. We walked into my office and I closed the door. Not so much to keep Carla from hearing anything, but it gives the client a sense of privacy. I noticed her giving Carla a good hard once over as she sat down.

"So, your lawyers are taking care of everything quickly?"

"Oh yes. They aren't playing around. Is that the secretary you were telling me about?"

"Yes. That's Carla. Why?"

"Just wondering. She's very pretty. I can see why she's the girl in your life."

"She's really something." Change of subject here, "So, here is your bill. I think you will find everything in order."

"What about your expenses?"

"What expenses?"

"Mileage, parking, didn't you buy lunch or something?"

"Teresa, I'm not going to soak you. That's what we agreed on, that's what I charged you."

"Okay, well here's you $1200 and a little something extra. Consider it a tip." She handed me a check.

I looked at it. $5000! "Mrs. Armacost, I mean Teresa, this is very generous, but I can't take that much from you."

"You can and you will. Mick you saved me a lot of embarrassment the other night. You did it quickly and without a whole lot of discomfort. I even told my attorneys about how well you handled it that you may be seeing some work from them. I even discussed what I wanted to pay you. They told me to consider what it was worth. After they said that, I actually wanted to give you more, but they told me not to overdo it."

Wow, five-thousand bucks! Now I know I'd like to have one case like this a week. "Well, Teresa, I really appreciate it. Thank you!"

"No, Mick, thank you! Like I said, I expected you to drag this out a couple weeks just to make a few extra bucks on me. I appreciate your honesty and integrity."

"And I appreciate being appreciated." We laughed.

"Just give me a receipt for the $1200. I know you'll need that for taxes."

I stamped her copy of the bill PAID with the date and signed it. "Teresa, I know my part of the investigation is done and all, but, can I ask one last question?"

"Sure Mick, what is it?"

"Well, you said you wanted revenge. Have you figured out what you wanted to do yet?"

"No, I haven't yet. But I'll tell you what, when I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll let you know."

"Just be careful, Teresa. Don't do anything stupid. It's not worth it."

"No, I won't. But I will get him."

"Just remember, you already did."

"Oh yeah, but I still want to make a point. I don't want people coming back and saying I chased him to other women."

"Speaking of which, was there anything that he wanted from you that you didn't give him that maybe Stacy Schmidt did?"

"Well she is younger than me. I think she is pretty, maybe not prettier than me, but just as pretty. I always thought I was pretty good in bed. I did most of the things... Benjamin... wanted me to do."

I could tell I just sparked something. Teresa was thinking. She got a wicked, WICKED, smile on her face.

"What?", I asked.

"Ooo, nothing."

"What are you thinking?"

"You may have just helped me think of a way to get even with Benjamin." Teresa stood up. "Thanks Mick. Thanks so much."

"Wo wo, wo! Wait a minute. What did I help you with."

"Never mind, Mick. I'll tell you about it later. I think I just thought of a way to drive him absolutely insane."

"Teresa, I don't like the sound of this. Why don't you tell me and I'll give you my opinion."

"Nope! I have to be the one to do this Mick. No help from anyone."

"Teresa, you'd better be careful."

"Oh, I will. What I'm thinking isn't dangerous or illegal. I'll be okay. Thanks again, Mick."

Teresa walked over to the door, opened it, looked over at Carla, "You've got a nice guy there." Then she left.

Carla just looked at me, "What the hell was that all about?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. While we were talking, she got this weird look on her face. She thanked me for giving her an idea on how to drive Benjamin insane."

"Oh, oh! I don't like the sound of that."

"Neither do I." I handed Carla the check, "Deposit this for me when you get a chance."

"Five-thousand dollars???"

"That's what it says. I tried to tell her no."

"Wow! That's a good tip."

"Hey, I'm good."

"Yeah, I know. But... wow!"

"Yeah, but now I'm worried. I'd like to know what I said that gave her the idea."

"What were you talking about?"

"I asked her if there was something Stacy Schmidt could have been giving Benjamin that she wouldn't."

"What did she say?"

"Something about Stacy being younger. And then got this weird look and said she had it."

"Hmmm! I don't know Mick, but that sounds weird. Maybe you should let Holly know."

Wow! This was serious, Carla telling me to call Holly? "That might not be a bad idea."

I walked into my office and called Holly on the cell phone. She answered, asked me to hold on for a minute and then came back on the line.

"Hi Mick. What's up. I was in a class."

"I'm sorry to interrupt a class Holly, but I need to talk to you. It's about your mother."

"My mother, is something wrong?"

"No not really wrong. She stopped by to pay the bill..."

"Wasn't it enough. I told you I'd pay the difference of whatever it is."

"No, it's not that. She paid me more than enough. She told me she figured out how to get even with your father."

"Oh no. I was afraid of this."

"Yeah, me too."

"I can get out of here in about 45 minutes. Do you want to meet, or do you want me to stop by there?"

"We can meet somewhere."

"Okay, how about lunch?"

"We can do that." I looked at Carla who was looking at me out of the corner of her eyes trying to be inconspicuous. "I think this is important, Holly."

"Yes. I agree. Thanks Mick. How about the sports bar, or is that too close to daddy's office?"

"No, I think we can do it there as well as anywhere. What time?"

"How about around ten to twelve?"

"Okay, I'll see you then." I hung up.

"Lunch with Holly?", Carla asked without even looking at me.

"Yes. Would you like to go?"

Carla stopped what she was doing, looked over at me with a disappearing smile, "I would, but I better not."

"Why not?"

"Just because. I trust you. I don't know why, but I do." The smile returned to her face. "You better talk to her alone."

"Okay, if you're sure. You are probably right."

"Besides, I do have to catch up on a few things around here. Can you bring me back something?"

"Sure. What would you like?"

"Just a burger or something."

"Okay. Wanna go to Murphy's after work?"

Carla perked up quickly. "Yeah, I'd like that. On second though, forget the burger. I'll wait until we go to Murphy's and get one of theirs."

"You sure? I can still bring you back something."

"I'll just wait. Besides, I don't need all those calories. If I'm going to splurge a little, I'll do it at Murphy's."