Mick the Dick Ch. 32

Story Info
Mick introduces Murph to Mrs. Armacost.
3.4k words
4.66
21.1k
00

Part 32 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rest of Saturday was pretty uneventful, that was except for dinner. We went to this nice little Italian restaurant not too far from my house. We were just talking about how well things went during the day when Carla mentioned how cute she thought John was. It was like, from out of the blue. I didn't think much of it, just kind of ignoring it, until she mentioned it again.

"Well, what? Do you want to ball him or something?"

"No! I didn't say that. I was just saying he was cute. I've never seen a body like that."

"So? You said it once. I heard you. Why did you have to say it again?"

"I didn't mean anything by it."

"Did you get his phone number?"

"No! Well... yes, he gave me one of his business cards."

"So, are you going to call him?"

"Well, the way you're acting, I might."

"Well go ahead. There's no strings attached. Remember?"

"And if I did, you'd get pissed off and probably fire me, right?"

"I wouldn't fire you. Carla, I told you just to let me know when there's someone else. That's all. But don't tell me how much you love me and how I'm the only guy for you, but then flirt with other guys and tell me all about it just trying to get me jealous. Because, you know why? It will work, I'll get jealous."

"But Mick, you ARE the only guy for me. I thought you like me flirting with guys. I thought you like showing me off."

"I do. But I like you flirting with guys when I'm around. I wasn't there when you were flirting with him today."

"I didn't flirt with him. All I said was that he was cute. He's a nice guy. He really helped us out today."

"Did he ask if you were seeing anyone?"

"No! But I told him anyway. I told him I was seeing you."

"Was that before or after he gave you his card?"

"After. As soon as I told him about you, he backed off."

Why was I getting so frigging jealous? I knew why, but I didn't want to admit it. "I'm sorry Carla, but do you blame me?"

"Blame you for what?"

"Being jealous every time some guy looks at you. Any time some guy talks to you."

"It sounds like you're..."

"What? In love? Say it."

"Are you?"

"Suppose I am. What does it mean for us?"

"Mick, I'll never force you to say it. When you decide to say it, I'll be here." Carla went into a pocket and pulled out John's business card. She slid it across the table to me. "Here, I don't want this anyway."

I took the card and put it on the side. "I don't mean to get so jealous. But aren't you glad I do?"

"Yes. I am glad you do. Just don't let it get in the way. You have no reason to get jealous."

The rest of the dinner was fine. It was a beautifully clear night. The stars were bright. One of the things I really like being outside the city, the lights from downtown don't obscure the stars. When we got back to my house, I fixed a couple of drinks and we sat out on the deck and talked about all kinds of things, but mainly us.

"Mick, last night, when I told you about that bachelorette party that I went to last year, did it piss you off or anything?", Carla asked.

"Piss me off? No. Why would you think you pissed me off?"

"Well, just for being so slutty. I mean, I really was bombed. When I started to sober up, I couldn't believe I actually did what I remembered."

"So, why did you tell me about it?"

"Just to brag a little, get it out in the open. After all, you seemed to like me telling you all about it."

"To tell you the truth, I did. I just never though you'd be into anything like that."

"I wouldn't say I'd ever do it again, but it was... exciting. It actually was fun. But like I said, I'll probably never do it again. That was before I knew I had a chance with you."

"Why didn't you ever tell me about it? Like last year, right after you did it."

"Even though you and I have been close, I never felt close enough to tell you about it. What was I supposed to do when I got back that Monday, "Hey boss, I banged a dozen high school grads Friday night!" I don't think so!"

"I guess you're right."

We sat on the deck and had a couple more drinks and went to bed. When Carla undressed and climbed into bed next to me, she leaned over to kiss me good night. After she did, I looked her straight in the eyes, "Carla..." There was a pause.

"What?"

I was so close to telling her and chickened out. "Thanks."

"Thanks for what?"

"Just, thanks. Thanks for being around. Thanks for helping out today. Just thanks."

She kissed me again, "Don't mention it."

I think she knew what I almost said to her. She had that look in her eyes, but still managed a smile.

Sunday was such a gorgeous day that we went for a ride on my bike. We had breakfast at a little diner, lunch at a burger joint, and were still back home in time to throw a couple steaks and some shrimp on the grill before the sun went down, even though the sun being down never stopped me from cooking outside.

I hadn't heard from Holly all day. She did say she would call just to let me know how things were. I guess no news is good news. I was keeping an eye on the steaks when my cell phone started ringing. When I checked the number I saw it was Holly.

"I was wondering if you were going to call or not."

"I wasn't going to, but after I told you I would, I thought I probably should."

"So, how's your mom doing?"

"Actually Mick, she's doing great. She seems to be handling everything very well."

"Any comments about your father?"

"Oh yeah! Plenty of comments about him."

"Did she give you any indication about what she has planned?"

"No. Actually, she hasn't said anything about revenge at all. She did talk to the attorney this morning. I didn't hear a whole lot of what was said, she went into my father's study and closed the door."

"Well, at least she seems to be keeping him up on everything."

"It seems that way. I guess that's good."

"Yeah. I don't think he'd let her do anything stupid."

"I certainly hope not. All she did say was that may father was going to "blow his mind" when all of this came together."

"Well, at least she has a very positive outlook. No sign of depression?"

"No. None at all. We went out to dinner last night. We even had a couple of drinks at this little bar up the road. It was a nice night."

"No signs of our friends, huh?"

"Nope. Not a sign. I've been keeping an eye out too."

"Good girl. What are you doing about getting to school tomorrow?"

"My mother was going to swing by Murphy's on the way to your office in the morning and let me pick up my car. That way I'd have it. I had thought about just using my father's Beemer, but I'd rather not have anything to do with any of his stuff, even though I'd love to drive that old Triumph of his."

"Yeah, I bet you would. Wait a minute, isn't the Vette his too?"

"NO! The Vette is mine. I know, I know! It's in his name, but it's mine. Do you know something Mick, he's never driven it."

"Well it sounds to me like it's yours. By the way, did you say your mother was stopping by to see me?"

"That's what she said."

"Okay. I wasn't expecting her, but..."

"How's Carla?"

"She's fine. Why?"

"Well, I meant, has she said anything about me? I mean... about the other night. You know... what we did?"

"No, actually she hasn't even brought it up."

"Oh. I guess that's good."

"How are you about it?"

"I'm okay. I guess. You know Mick, this is all new to me too. I mean... with another woman and all."

"I know. As long as you're not having any kind of emotional problems or anything over it."

"No, no. Not at all. I guess I'm just getting used to it. How are you with it? I mean... how do you like having two lovers that happen to like having sex with each other?"

"I guess you could say I'm getting used to it too."

Carla walked out on the deck and motioned to the phone with a "who's that" look.

"It's Holly. Here." I handed Carla my phone, "I have to check the food."

Carla took the phone and talked to Holly for a while letting me tend to the steaks.

"Did you want her for anything else?", Carla asked me.

"No. Tell her I'll talk to her tomorrow."

"He said he'll talk to you tomorrow." "Okay. Talk to you then." "Bye."

Carla handed me the phone.

I clipped it back on my belt. "Everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah. She really is a nice girl, Mick. I really like her. I'm glad we've become friends."

"That's good. I'm glad too."

I took the steaks and shrimp from the grill and carried them inside. Carla had everything set up. It was an excellent meal.

After dinner, I drove Carla back to her apartment. She wanted to check on things there and do some laundry so she had some things to wear this coming week.

The next morning, I arrived at the office a little early, expecting to beat Carla. Forget that idea, she was in already, had the coffee on and even had a couple of blueberry muffins waiting for us.

"Don't you have a life?", I asked sarcastically.

"Nope. All I have is my job."

"Smart answer. Dedication, I like that in an employee."

"So, does that mean I get a raise?"

"With all of that dedication, I'm surprised you take any money at all."

"I'm dedicated, not foolish."

"Your anniversary is coming up, isn't it? We will have to do one of those salary reviews."

"Oh boy. I think success is getting to you."

I know what you're thinking, "cheap bastard". Well to be honest, I was already planning on giving her a raise, even if it is in the form of a bonus. After all, she has been helping out with the more operational side of the firm, right?

Around 11:00, Teresa Armacost walked into the office. I got up and walked to the door to greet her.

"Hello Carla. How are you?"

"I'm fine Mrs. Armacost. How Are you doing?"

"Please, it's Teresa. I'm doing fine. This divorced life is going to be good."

I interjected, "Divorced? That's a little premature to be using the "D" word isn't it? Hello, Teresa."

"Hi Mick." She walked over and gave me a quick hug and kiss. "It will only be a matter of time before I can say I'm divorced."

"It should take about a year, right?"

"That's right. One quick year."

"So, no chance of reconciliation, huh?"

"Not a chance."

"Holly told me what good care the two of you have been taking of her while I've been gone. I really appreciate that." She handed me an envelope.

"What's this?" I opened it and it was a check. "What's this for? You already settled with me."

"No I haven't. Not for watching out for Holly and all last week and picking me up from the airport and all. You've been a terrific help through all of this."

"But I didn't do that for the money, Teresa. I don't want anything for doing that. That's what friends are for."

"No, Mick. You spent a lot of time on this case last week. I want you to take this. I won't accept no for an answer. You of all people know what a bitch I can be when I get pissed off."

"Okay, okay! Don't get pissed off at me. I don't want that. Wow, you can drive a hard bargain."

"Yes I can."

"Well I appreciate it. Thank you." I looked at the check, it was made out for $5,000. "Teresa, that's way too much money."

"It is? Okay, so you can take me to lunch. We'll consider that an expense."

"I can do that." I looked at Carla. "But even so, that's too much."

Carla smiled, "I have too much work to get caught up on."

"Well then, he'll just have to take you out to dinner on me. Make it a good enough dinner and we'll call it fair."

"He can do that too."

The three of us laughed. I put on my leather jacket and waited for Teresa and Carla to stop their gabbing.

Teresa looked at me, "Are you ready?"

"All set. Shall we?"

"Let's go."

Teresa handed me the keys to her Benz. "Here, you drive."

"Your car?"

"Holly told me what fun it is to ride with you. I want to see."

"Well, let's hope we don't need to find out."

"I was kind of hoping we could. I could use a little excitement."

"Not that kind, Teresa. We had enough of that last week. Where am I treating you to lunch?"

"How about Murphy's?"

"Murphy's it is." Like it really took some persuading to get me to go to Murphy's.

Her car was something special. The 12 cylinders just made the car feel like it was electric. The more I pushed on the accelerator, the faster we went. But there was a whole lot more power than anyone could use on American highways. Even so, it was a pleasure to drive. The handling is superb.

We arrived at Murphy's just before the lunch crowd. Sylvia gave me the traditional hug and kiss and then showed us to a table in the back corner. As we walked through the door it dawned on me, "By the way, Teresa, did Holly mention anything to you about Murphy's and the old wharf behind here?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact she did. When we picked up her car this morning, she asked me to remind her about it this evening. What's the story?"

"Well, I understand Benjamin or you or the company owns the old wharf. Murphy has tried to buy it for years, for nothing more than to tear it down so everybody around here can see the waterfront."

"I see. And you want to see if I can persuade him into selling it to Mr. Murphy, right?"

"Well..."

"We may not need to ask Benjamin."

"Huh? How's that?"

"Our property holding company pretty much lets either of us approve the sale of property, as long as the majority of the board agrees. I don't see where that would pose a problem, especially right now."

"Really?"

"Why don't you ask Mr. Murphy over. Let me see what he would like to do."

"Okay. Great!"

"One thing..."

"Sure, what's that?"

"Is Murphy really that good of a friend of yours?"

"Well, yes he is."

"And you think we can trust him, right?"

"Definitely."

"Okay. Call him over."

I stood up, smiling ear to ear as I walked over to the bar. "Murph!"

Murph walked over to me. "Mick. How goes it?"

"It goes fine. Got a minute?"

"Well, I'm kind of busy, getting my beer order ready."

"Okay, never mind. I thought I might be able to get that old wharf behind you for you, but if you're too busy..."

"What? Wait a minute." Murph jogged around the bar and was in front of me in no time flat. "How?"

"I want to introduce you to someone." I led the way to the table. "Murph, this is Mrs. Teresa Armacost. Teresa, this is Murph, the proprietor of this fine establishment."

Murph looked at me, and then with a slight nervous stutter, "I'm very glad to meet you Mrs. Armacost."

Teresa smiled, "The pleasure is all mine. Please call me Teresa. Have a seat."

"Very well, Teresa." Murph sat down.

"Mick tells me you may be interested in the purchase of some property I own."

"Ahh, yes ma'am, I might be. The old wharf behind us here. It is an old dilapidated..."

"Yes," Teresa interrupted, "I know what piece of property to which you refer. If you happened to acquire that property, what would you like to do with it?"

Murph stood up. "Let me get you the plans." Murph took off towards his office.

Teresa snickered. "It sounds like he has thought this whole thing out."

"I'm sure he has. He's trying to preserve as much of the old waterfront as he can. Over the years, his family has purchased most of this block. Now they are trying to get the next one. If they could get rid of the old wharf, add some parking, maybe turn it into a park..."

"That would be great. I'd hate to see this area disappear. Years ago, Benjamin wanted to buy up everything around here, level it, and put up a couple of towers with shops, offices, and apartments. As it turned out, the ground wouldn't support a high rise. He was holding onto it waiting for one of those developers that do all of those waterfront shopping malls to pay him enough for it. Actually, I think he may have forgotten all about the old wharf."

"How much is it worth? Do you have any idea?"

"Oh, appraised value? Not much. Around $450,000, I think. I think Benjamin wanted to get around five and a half for it."

"Five and a half? That's not bad."

"Five and a half... million."

"Oh! Million. I thought you meant $550,000."

"The cheap bastard only paid about two hundred and fifty for it. That was when he figured he could buy up everything around here cheap. I guess Murph and his family helped out there."

"It sounds like it."

"How much would you sell it for?"

"Mick, I'm not in the real estate business, you know that. I'll see what I can do. I'm more interested in seeing this area preserved."

"Murph really has some neat ideas. He wants to either tear out the second floor and make this all one big room, or move the restaurant to the second floor and turn the first floor into one big bar room. He wants to put a big deck out back for the good weather. The only thing that has stopped him was the wharf. Who wants to sit on a deck having a nice meal and stare at that monstrosity?"

"Do you know something, Mick? I have really gotten to like this place. I like to see him move the restaurant upstairs, put some big windows looking out over the water."

"I think you've got it."

Murph came back with the plans he and his brother had drawn up. They were pretty impressive. He explained all of the ideas and how he wanted to turn part of the wharf into parking, some into a park, and add a couple of piers so boaters could stop by for food. I could tell Teresa liked what she saw and heard.

We had been at Murph's for over an hour and hadn't even ordered lunch. Sylvia stopped by every few minutes to see what was being said. We finally told her to bring us each one of Murph's club sandwiches.

"So Murph, what would you be willing to pay for that wharf?"

"I don't have any idea what it is worth. I know your husband only paid about a quarter of a million for it. But I don't know what it's worth now."

I laughed, "Tell him what Benjamin wanted to get for it."

"Oh! He wanted five and a half for it. But that was from a developer."

"Five hundred and fifty thousand? I might be able to pay that for it.", Murph jumped at the opportunity.

I laughed even harder, "Not five hundred and fifty THOUSAND, five and a half MILLION."

Murph choked, "Five and a half MILLION? Ahhh, that's a different story."

"I thought you'd say that." I laughed some more.

Teresa was humored, "But like I said, that was what he wanted from a developer. Frankly, under the circumstances, I think he'd rather unload it. I think he's going to be unloading a lot of stuff in the next few months."

Murph picked up the tab for lunch and told me to call him or stop by after work.