Mick the Dick Ch. 36

Story Info
Mick catches his tail... twice!
4.4k words
4.69
16.9k
00

Part 36 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Murph finished giving us a tour of the building. The rest of the fifth floor was primarily a large conference room which was available to any of the tenants. It would also be the one where we would have our board meeting every month. There were also double doors that led to the terrace from the conference room as well. There were only two ways of getting onto the terrace, the office I was considering and the conference room.

I hadn't realized that this building was one of the more recently renovated buildings, which explained why it wasn't filled yet. The first floor had a book store. The second floor had three doctors' offices. The third floor was vacant, and the fourth floor was soon to be the new offices for Murphy's Properties. Originally, they were going to take the Fifth floor, but being the top floor was smaller because of the rooftop terrace, Murph and his brother and sister decided they liked the 4th floor better. Each floor had a mens room and ladies room, even the fifth. There was only one elevator and one stairway. The lobby was rather nice, the exposed stairway next to the elevator gave it an 'art deco' look. Most of the interior was preserved. It looked like Mick Pheury was moving from the 1920's to the 1930's. That's okay by me, just so long as it doesn't go to the 21st century. At least not yet.

Then we went through a few more of the buildings in the block. To be honest, they were all rather remarkable. To think that some of these buildings are almost 100 years old, the newest are around 75 years old, and they look like they were just finished within the last 5 years.

"Murph, any of these buildings are fantastic. I just can't believe the amount of work you have put into them."

"The hard part to believe is that we are still in the black. We actually wait until we can pay for the renovation in full before we do the work. The building you like, for example, cost us just about a quarter million to fix up. Considering it wasn't in that bad of shape to begin with. We don't use fly by night contractors to do the work. We use museum quality renovation specialists. They fix it up to the period we want. Being we wanted these to look the way they did in the 30's and 40's, when this area was flourishing, that's what they did. It's not cheap, but it's worth it."

"You could actually shoot a 30's era movie down here."

"Funny you should mention that, one of the studios is waiting for us to finish so they can. Don't tell anyone, but that's probably where we are going to get the money to pay for the wharf."

"Do they want the wharf up or down for the film?"

"I don't know. I don't think it matters. They are mainly interested in the front."

Carla perked up, "Are they looking for any extras?"

"Oh, I'm sure they will be. But remember Carla, this is probably a year off."

"Good. That gives me time to lose a few pounds and get back in shape."

As if we rehearsed it, Murph and I asked the same thing, "Where do you plan on losing anything?"

The three of us stopped, looked at each other and then busted out laughing.

"Well, you know what they say about great minds.", I said.

Murph had to get back to the Pub. It was just about time for the lunch crowd. Carla and I roamed through a few of the shops just to get acquainted with what all was down here. Funny, all of the time we spend at Murphy's and we never noticed all of the nice little shops on the first floor of most of these buildings.

"Well, which one do you like?", I asked Carla.

"I like the fifth floor. That is really cool."

"Yeah, me too. Even though I don't necessarily want to sunbathe, it is a nice office."

"And imagine what it will be like when the wharf gets taken down."

As we just about made it to Murphy's , a silver Mercedes convertible pulled up in a parking space in front of it. As the female driver got out and fed the meter we walked up behind her.

"Whazamatta lady? You not know how to drive or sum'ting?"

Teresa turned around half startled. "Mick! Carla! How are the two of you?" She gave each of us a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Carla replied first, "We're fine."

"I'm fine. We were just looking over the offices available down here.", I said. "By the way, thanks for including me in this... what would you call it? Acquisition."

"Do you mean land deal? You're welcome. It's the least I could do. If it hadn't been for you, I'd have never known Murph wanted to buy it. He'd have never known I didn't mind getting rid of it. By the way...", she held up a large envelope, "this is the deal."

"That's the sale?"

"More or less. It's the tentative proposal. I want Murph's attorneys to look it over. This will probably be weeks in the making."

"I'm sure."

"It will also give Holly a job when she graduates, provided she wants to work here."

"That's true too."

"I found out something else. The old warehouse across the street? Benjamin owns that too."

"No fooling."

"Of course, that's still being used. There are a few more buildings down here he owns. Nothing too elaborate, but I think he was working on something down here at some point. I remember him always talking about "the waterfront". I never really knew what all he had planned, but I think Murph and his family had a lot to do with it. Even though he never said a name, he did make a lot of references to "them", the ones who own all of the property down here. I think it's kind of funny, don't you?"

"I don't know about funny, but it is rather unique. The coincidences of all of this."

"Are you going in?"

"Ah, well, I guess we could get something. It is lunch time."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Carla jumped in before I had the chance, "Not at all. Please join us."

"Well, now you have a formal invite."

"That's great."

I held the door open for Carla and Teresa. Sylvia naturally greeted each of us as we went in. When Murph saw Teresa, he came out from behind the bar to see her.

"Good afternoon everybody. Teresa, it's always a pleasure to see you."

"Flattery will get you everywhere. I have something for you." She handed him the envelope.

"What's this?", he asked.

"Have your attorney read these over to see if the real thing would be acceptable. It's the proposal."

"Oh! Oh! I'll get it to him this afternoon. That was fast, I wasn't expecting you to get it so fast."

"You're dealing with Mrs. Armacost, not Mr. Armacost. If he didn't dick around for so long, he may have had his waterfront skyscraper and shopping area by now. Instead, I caught him dicking around in other ways and now I'm selling it right out from under him so he can't screw up this area."

"I couldn't have said it any better myself, Teresa. You don't have an idea what this means to me, my brother and sister, and everybody down here that wants to see this area flourish, not just survive."

"Well, I believe you are sincerely trying, Murph. That's why I'm doing this. We have too much overdevelopment in this city. It's strangling the heritage that once made this a great city."

"I agree with you whole heartedly."

I spoke up. "And I agree with both of you. Now can we have a table? I'm hungry."

"Watch it Pheury, you're not a partner yet. The deal has to be accepted first."

"So, until I am a partner, I'm still a customer and the customer is always right. So where's my table."

Carla said, "Mick's right, Murph. He is a customer. And for that matter, I'm hungry too."

"Oh, boy," Murph said, "Does he have you trained?"

"No. I just want to make sure he keeps me around to see this new Mick Pheury."

"Oh, I think you're here to stay, darling.", Murph said before laughing.

Sylvia took us to my favorite table in the back corner. Murph went back behind the bar. I, being the perfect gentleman I am, ha ha, let the ladies take their seats first. Sylvia asked, "A round of the usuals?", as she pointed at Carla and me.

"I think that will be good. Teresa, how about you?"

"How about a martini? Very dry."

"Vodka or gin?", Sylvia asked.

"There is only one real martini. Vodka, of course."

"I'll be right back. Any appetizers?"

"Not for me," I said, "Ladies?"

Both Carla and Teresa said no to the appetizer. Sylvia walked away.

"So, Teresa," I started, "what ever made you think of me when this deal formulated?"

"Shouldn't I have? After all, like I said Mick, you made it happen. How could I possibly think of the deal without including you somehow? I knew you would never do something like take the finders fee. That's when I thought about the partnership. You really don't even have to do anything."

"Well, I do appreciate it."

We talked a little about the revitalization of the area. We talked about which office I wanted. We almost talked about the video. Like I said ALMOST, but not quite. And the best part was, it wasn't me that almost slipped, it was Teresa. She almost asked something to the effect of whether I had finished watching it or not.

Teresa said she didn't see anything to hang up the deal for the wharf. She asked me not to tell Murph, but she expected it to go through within the week. She and Murph had already discussed a media circus, announcing the sale and what the plans are. But she wanted to make sure the sale was finalized first. I guess that was another stab at Benjamin, just to make sure he couldn't stop it.

Carla and I went back to the office. We did the usual answer phone messages and emails. Then we started to draw up rough ideas on how we would like to set up the office. We were dreaming big. Trying to keep with the art deco and private detective movie theme, we came up with some snazzy ideas. My old oak desk would be going with me. No way I'd give that up.

The new offices had wood shelves against the inner walls that were more fitting for a judge's chambers. They would fit in well. Actually, most of my existing décor would fit into the new surroundings very well. The more I looked around my current office, the more I was looking towards moving to the new one. I ran out of room years ago. I have boxes stacked on boxes. But at the same time I knew I was going to miss this old place. I have a lot of memories here.

I still don't know why I'm getting all misty, it still is not a done deal. A lot of things could still cause the deal to fall through, no matter how hopeful Teresa and Murph make it sound. And then, there is no guarantee that the city will approve the addition or even the tearing down of the old wharf. All Murph would need is for someone to declare the old wharf an historic site or something.

As I looked around the office, I glanced outside at my view, wow!, the new office will be great for view. My office now only gives me a view of the buildings across the street from me and the street. Lunch time isn't too bad when the weather is nice, if you know what I mean. Watching the girls walk by provides a refreshing break in the monotone of the day.

That's when I noticed a white 4 door sedan sitting across the street and a few buildings up, facing my way. I went over to the shelf where I keep my binoculars and took a look. Sho 'nuff, my buddies were back. The Dipshit brothers were trying to keep tabs on me for something. I called McNally.

After the normal pleasantries, I asked a question, "What does someone need to do to file a complaint for stalking."

"Is that a rhetorical question?"

"No, I'm getting real close to filing one on the Dipshit brothers from WTF TV."

"WTF TV??? What the fuck station is that?"

"Exactly."

"Huh?!? Oh! I get it. What - The - Fuck."

"Ten-four."

"Don't tell me, a white 4-door."

"That's the one. The same guys that followed me to the biker bar, the same guys at the university, the same guys as this morning, and now they are sitting outside my office."

"Are they placing you in fear?"

"Oh, yes, officer. I don't know who they are or what they are up too. I'm afraid. I'm afraid that they might corner me and I'd have to waste a couple of perfectly good bullets on them."

"No, no, no, Mick. Don't say that."

"I was just kidding about shooting them. Is it okay to say that I'm afraid that if they continue to follow me someone might get hurt?"

Mac laughed, "That's better, you didn't say they'd be the ones getting hurt."

"Seriously though, I am a little worried about them following me around. They could blow my cover if I have to follow someone. Let's face it, these guys are not exactly professionals. They stick out like a sore thumb."

I see, Mr. Pheury. Do you mind if I take the report over the phone?"

"No officer. Whatever is best." Hee hee!

"Hold on one minute, Mr. Pheury. I'm going to have one of the patrol cars stop buy to get some more information from them." Mac put me on hold.

When he came back, I gave him all of the information I could. I remembered the tag number from this morning. I gave him their descriptions.

While I was talking to McNally, I saw two police cars pull up to the white 4-door. After a few minutes, a manager for one of the shops walked out and was talking to the officers. I told McNally. Little Dipshit and Big Dipshit started pulling out all kinds of identification and press passes. The officers wrote down all types of information. Carla was standing at the window next to me enjoying the live crime drama just outside.

"Hold on a second Mick, I have to answer the radio."

I heard Mac, answer the radio. The officers across the street gave Little Dipshit's and Big Dipshit's real names and information to him and explained what they claim they were doing, "working on a story".

Naturally! Probably trying to create a story.

Mac told them that he has taken a report on them and that they are being told to stop following me around. Now it's official. In most states, the person doing the harassing or stalking has to be told to stop, in other words they have to be given the chance to stop breaking the law. Duh! After that, they become fair game.

I watched as the officers finished taking the information, giving Little and Big Dipshit their ID's back, and helping them to move along. Well, at least it might keep them out of my hair for a while. You're probably right, I don't believe it either.

"Okay, Mr. Pheury, they have been told to stop harassing or stalking you. If they continue, just call me and I will have them picked up." Mac laughed. "And, by the way, I am supposed to notify their employer of this incident, being it is on company time."

"That will be good. Thank you officer. You have been a tremendous help."

We laughed a little more as we said good bye.

"You know, that was mean.", Carla said with a laugh.

"Mean? Me? It's known as self-preservation. If those two kept fucking with me, I was going to get into trouble."

"Mick, sometimes you are too much."

"That's not what you say when we're in bed."

Carla just shook her head and walked back to her desk, snickering along the way. I went back to checking bills and scheduling a couple of new client cases. Now that the Armacost case was coming to a close, I needed to get back to the other issues.

Around 3 o'clock Carla answered the phone. "Mick, it the general manager for the one news station."

I picked up the phone, "Pheury."

"Mr. Pheury. I want to apologize for the actions of my reporter and cameraman. They were obviously off base with their story and I have reprimanded them. If there is any other problems with them, please feel free to contact me directly."

"I appreciate that. It wasn't until the police got involved that I actually knew they were reporters." Okay, so it was a little lie. No, actually it wasn't. I didn't know for sure they were a news crew. I never saw their identification.

"That's not an excuse. We're not the paparazzi and I won't condone professionals using such tactics."

"As a member of the public who depends on the news, I appreciate that. By the way, do you have any idea on why they wanted to see what I was up too?"

"I'm sure it had to do with the Armacost story. I mean, the story is that you were 'coincidentally' there when all of this happened. I think they may have been trying to find out if Mrs. Armacost is a regular client of yours."

"Why didn't they just ask me? That night I drove a friend of theirs to the party in a limo. That's why I was there."

"They probably should have just asked you."

"Yeah, I guess they were reading something into it."

"Well, once again, Mr. Pheury, I apologize."

"Okay, thank you for the call."

Carla was standing in the doorway. "An apology?"

"Yeah, how 'bout that."

"Do you trust them?"

"No!"

"Okay, good. I just wanted to make sure you weren't slipping."

"The day I trust the media is the day I begin trusting wom... I mean, the devil." I just smiled, knowing she picked up on what I was about to say.

Carla just shook her head, shook her finger at me, her index finger, and walked back to her desk.

For a change, Carla and I didn't even go to Murphy's after work. I wanted to leave a little early just to take McNally's suggestion. I stopped by the court house and filed a protective order against the Dipshit brothers. I was able to get a judge to sign it just before he left for the day.

Frankly, there were a couple of things I wanted to take care of at the house. Remember the gym room I'm fixing up, well I was tired of putting it off. Carla asked if I needed any help. Naturally, being the chauvinist I am often accused of being, I accepted her offer. See, if I didn't think women were equal, I'd have never let her help. Of course, I'd want her to do an equal share of the work, ha ha.

I started my drive home. Carla asked if I would mind her running to her apartment and get a load of laundry to do while we fixed a couple things in the house. Of course I didn't. Actually, if she was doing some laundry, maybe she wouldn't mind throwing some of mine in at the same time.

Why do people like putting mirrors in gyms and workout rooms? If you're a body builder, maybe you have a reason for looking at yourself. Me, I'm middle aged, not in bad shape for my age, but I'm far from wanting to look at myself. Instead of mirrors on the wall, I decided to get one of those scenery wallpaper things that can transform a wall into a, well in my case, Waikiki. A gorgeous sunset with palm trees, sand, and the Pacific Ocean, I can't think of a better place to work out.

I noticed a dark blue car that seemed to be shadowing my every move. At first I thought it might have been one of my friendly local police officers. Even though I was only a couple of miles over the limit, I slowed down to let it catch up to me. I hung back. I took my truck to ten miles under the limit, the blue sedan slowed down also. Hmmm! Now I was getting suspicious. I looked down at the fuel tank gauge, I could take a few gallons. I went from the left lane into the driveway of the gas station. The blue sedan tried the same move but had too much traffic next to it. As it passed I was able to get a quick glimpse of the occupants. It sure looked like Little and Big Dipshit. I watched it turn into a convenience store lot several businesses up the road from the gas station. I filled the tank and decided to play some games with my tail.

The first thing I did was call McNally. I asked if he knew of any tail being put on me and he said that it wasn't from the police department. Being I was just outside the city limits, I decided to see how bad they wanted to follow me. I told Mac where I was going to try to lead them. There was an old warehouse area just a little west of where I was, just back inside the city. Mac assured me there would be a welcoming committee.

I left the driveway and drove past them. Then I made a U-turn and headed back into the city. They followed. I called Carla to tell her to take her time getting to my house. I turned right a few streets inside the city and took my time so they could keep up with me and so Mac could get the welcoming committee set up. They were very cautious, making sure they didn't get too close.

12