Mick the Dick Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"By the way Al, how long have you been following me around?"

"Today was the first day. I must say mister, I mean, Mick that you're counter surveillance tactics are quite good. I thought I was being very cautious and you still picked up on me."

"When did Armacost hire you?"

"Yesterday." I thought I had him. "I got a call to stop by the hospital and see his attorney."

"His attorney? At the hospital?" Time to play a little stupid, just a little.

"Yes, he's in the hospital, ever since that little episode a couple of nights ago. His attorney is the only one he talks to."

"Oh, yeah! That's right. I almost forgot. How long is he going to be in there?"

"I'm not sure, but I think a while. He is a little, how should I put it, stressed out? All he does is stare out the window and mumble "that bitch, that bitch"."

"Oh, that's a shame." I hate seeing anybody lose it like that, even when they deserve it.

"Well, look. I'm sorry about this morning, but I'm sure you understand."

"Of course I do. By the way, can I have another one of your cards, I gave mine to the trooper."

"Sure." He went into his pocket, pulled out his business card holder, and handed me one. Then he gave me a couple more. "Just in case."

I looked at the card a little closer this time. He was a little far from home. "Al, how come you came all the way here for this case? I see you're from the other side of the state."

"The money, naturally."

"You're kind of in the high rent district, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but not by choice. Everything out that way is high rent."

"Damn, if I didn't mind the competition I'd talk you into moving your office here. Do you work by yourself?"

"Yes, it's just me. That's one of the reasons I thought I'd have it made out there, there aren't too many P.I.'s. But, to tell you the truth, there isn't a whole lot of work either. I take it you have enough to stay busy?"

"Most of the time. I mean, things get slow, just like with any profession, but I do okay."

"Well, you do have a good reputation, Mick. It's no wonder you can stay busy. Let's stay in touch."

On the way out, I grabbed a bagel and cup of coffee for Carla. Even with her acting like a wife, I felt I should try to make-up. After all, she did actually come check on my safety this morning.

12