Mike's Angel without Wings Ch. 01

Story Info
Mike finds his Angel.
6k words
4.6
15.8k
35

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/15/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers

Mike started out as a Marine after High School. He enjoyed the training and discipline and his time overseas. He missed his young wife back home, the same girl he'd dated since ninth grade. Thinking about being with her after his deployment seemed to make that time fly by. They had it all planned, with him finishing his degree between deployments, and her being the perfect girl. That all changed once he left the Corps and became a cop. Sure, he was happy. But, apparently, it was too much for her - after all the time he was at war and gone from home, she just wasn't ready to deal with more nights with him at work, more phone calls telling her "I know we had plans, sorry."

Mike's stubbornness didn't help any, he was too focused on being successful at his career to see the problems at home until it was too late. When he found out she was sleeping with a senior officer from another precinct, it was over. The only good thing was the fact that they didn't have kids to complicate things. But, the truth was, the betrayal had changed something in Mike. Broken something. He stopped looking for "the one" - because you only got hurt that way. Sure, he dated some. He had one night stands and even brief relationships, but they were gone as soon as they tried to leave a toothbrush behind, as he liked to tell the guys. It wasn't that Mike was being deliberately mean or selfish. It was just, if you didn't open up, you never got hurt. It was simply as that: none of the women he dated wanted a guy who was so dedicated to his job, so why pretend otherwise?

At 6 feet tall, with a slightly muscular build, Mike wasn't a muscle-head, or obsessive about staying cut, but he did liked to work out. He used it for stress relief and a way to bond with team. Although only in his late 30's, his dark hair had flecks of grey. But his short-trimmed beard, and very dark eyes, complimented with tanned skin from time outdoors, made many women give him a second, lingering look. His hands wore a pattern of faint scars from street fights, martial arts and some battle wounds. He has a sleeve tattoo on his left arm, tats on his right bicep, and and large Marine Corps Globe and Anchor tattoo on his back. He projected "active guy" than "white collar professional" Even though he was considered management in the police department.At times, he wore earrings as part of his job, playing the street thug, so the piercings are there. But he also cleaned up nicely in a suit and tie, not quite blending in but certainly able to play the role in some professional setting when need be.

Like most cops, Mike spent time with his team, having a beer after work, and the occasional cookout. But he also had a private side, a side that he guarded intensely. He had discovered Internet chat rooms while in the Marines. It was a way to connect outside of the rigid existence of the 'green machine' and it helped him deal with loneliness he experienced on deployments. After his divorce, Mike liked to spend any spare time in the "younger women older men" room, On Literotica, joking, flirting and playing with younger women, letting them indulge their badge-bunny desires, while he enjoys his fantasies of open-minded, fun girls. After all, the women that were his age still seemed to be somewhat prudish, or too fixated on family and kids to want to have wild sex. Not that sex was all that mattered, of course. But, Mike was honest with himself - he enjoyed a connection with someone based on passion and lust just as much as laughs and conversation. And, if he was going to fantasize with some catfish, at least he could be under the illusion they were young and hot.

Mike had spent his whole life "on the street". By applying the lessons he learned in the Marine Corps and working hard, he made Lieutenant early, and he ran the SWAT and Street Crime Team working the worst parts of town. He hated playing the political game that was no different from the Corps. He played it enough to earn his Lieutenant bars but he knew that unless he was prepared to do some major sucking up and politicking, he would never rise higher. The higher ups called on him for his team's professional expertise, or because they know they want his skills - but they didn't plan to move him downtown. Part of the reason was his loyalty to his his time:, he's gotten in just as much trouble for looking out for his guys as he has gotten commendations for his leadership and his good arrests. This all stems from his private life, of course - Mike is very driven, and, since he doesn't have a woman who has earned this energy, he throws it all into his job and doing the right thing. Also, Mike HATES the VIP/"Dog and Pony" stuff he gets roped into. He wants to help people and get bad guys off the street. But, his unit gets called in to provide the protective details for all the fancy galas, to escort the VIPs and the like - because the Department knows their skill level, and because they blend in better than the uniform officers. Sure, he plays along, but he wants to be doing "cop stuff," not babysitting some rich brat.

Tonight's event was no different. He'd gotten the call at the last minute, some charity event downtown, and the Mayor was going to be making an appearance. Staffers dropping the ball, like normal, and everyone forgot that they'd need security for the VIPs. Sure, the Mayor had his own detail, and there were some uniform guys who would handle the regular access. But Mike was told to pick out two other guys and be ready to earn a little overtime.

It didn't take long for him to choose who he wanted from the unit. Mike calls out into the squad room

" Watson!, Smith!, You 2 suit up, we have a Special assignment tonight!"

Watson looks up confused and replies " Lt.!? What's up!?'

"Some dog and pony detail at the MGM Grand." Mike replies.

Smith quickly laughs as he perked up. "Wait!? The Mayor's Charity Ball!? Hell yeah!"

Mike paused in his thoughts, walking over to the desk where the guys had already started to crowd around Watson's computer, As he pulled up the " What's Going on Downtown website" "Why!? What's up with the Ball!? They handing out free donuts for you guys!?" He laughs at his own joke.

" No, LT, even better," Smith answered. "You know who he's bringing, right? That one model!

She's hot! I saw a story on the news about it last night. Even my wife was impressed by this chick," he laughed as he showed Mike the screen, a news story about some Detroit native who was going to be the special guest at the event, a picture of a brunette with a pretty face smiling at the camera. Jessica, A 24 year old brunette with red violet undertones, a petite, yet athletic build standing at 5'4" and about 115 lbs. Her tightly toned and tanned stomach is always adorned with her favorite dangle, a 24k white gold navel ring, the flat pink sapphire heart sitting against her skin... She has 34b's small, yet enough to make your mouth water every time you think about them. Her killer baby blues stare right into your soul, breaking down any barrier that you could imagine, with a matching lethal smile. Her makeup and hair were always perfect.

"Yeah, Lieutenant. It's fucked up that you pick Watson and Smith. Why can't one of us work it?" Another guy teases as the group jokes.

"Man, what I'd do to her! That body needs a LOT of guarding, if you know what I'm sayin'!"

Mike shook his head as the guys continued to joke and fantasize, rolling his eyes, but laughing as well. "That's EXACTLY why I chose them, asshole. They're married, at least they'll keep it in their pants!" Headed back towards his desk, tossing over his shoulder, "Besides, you guys realize she's a model, not a porn-star, right? It's not like she'd want anything to do with a bunch of meathead cops."

"Yeah, this coming from the one guy there tonight who might have the chance to tag her, right Mike!" Tim threw out as a final quip, Mike just flipped him off laughing.

Between paperwork, case reports and the other bits of the day, Mike almost forgot about the night's events, until Watson poked his head in and called out to him. "Hey, boss, we're headed home to clean up for the gig. We taking separate rides, or just one?" Mike realized it was almost 5 o'clock and he'd have to rush to make things work.

"No, we'll use my truck. I'll pick you guys up on the way. Now, get out of here." He matched those instructions as he rose from his desk, grabbing his bag and heading out of the office. Jumping into his blacked-out SUV, he quickly navigated the few blocks to his loft apartment where he showered and debated what to wear. Looking over his selection, and considering the event, Mike finally decided on a dark suit combination which would blend in with the fancy crowd well enough without making him stand out. Not even pausing to eat, he then rushed out and picked up the other two officers, using the flashing blue lights, hidden in the unmarked grille, to get through a few intersections as they barely made it to the hotel on time. As they pulled into the parking lot a small crowd was already forming outside, the majority dressed elegantly for the event, with a side group of children doing their best to be patient and mind their handlers. Looking around, Smith finally spotted their liaison on the city staff, nodding his head as he pointed the woman out for Mike and they walked over.

"Evening Lieutenant. Thanks to you and your guys for helping out on such short notice." She said as they all shook hands.

"No problem. You've already got the uniform guys set up, I see. What do you need from us?" Mike looked over the outside area, his mind less on a party and more on the professional needs of the task tonight, as he debated possible threat areas and all the other responsibilites of his role.

"Yes, we've got them to handle the doors and just keep an eye on the general area. But, well, the Mayor is bringing a big group for the re-election campaign, and I was hoping to put you all discretely near their table. Plus, there's some VIP model in town, and the Mayor personally was concerned about her safety. Like anyone's going to do anything to some vapid girl here." The woman laughed, "But you know how he is. So, Mike, I was planning to have you personally escort her, if that's ok?"

Meanwhile, Jessica ( or Jess as she prefers) was upstairs in the Penthouse Suite of the hotel, sitting in a makeup chair texting with an old friend back home while the stylist, makeup artist and agent nitpick over every little thing. While hair and makeup are doing their magic, Jess looks over at her agent, Melissa "Can we at least order a pizza, room service... something I'm starving!?!" She begs.

Melissa replies in a disgusted voice, "You can have a salad... how about we order a small salad without dressing?" Jess defeatedly agrees while secretly thinking I'll just pig out down stairs while mingling, smiling to herself. Before long her makeup and hair are perfectly done, her hair is done up in a half updo on top of her her head, while a single ringlet is purposely placed on each side of her face.

Jess hops out of the chair and starts toward the bathroom, thinking that she might be able to dress herself for once, wishful thinking as she's quickly joined by Jean, the french stylist, who constantly thinks that he has rights to cop a feel of her body each and every time he adjusts any and all ensembles that he has designed for her. She looks him in the eye, "Dude, you try coping a feel one more time.. it's gonna be your last feel of anything. You feel me jackass?!" She said, slowly sliding off the light pink fleece robe, exposing a silk black strapless bra and matching thong. Melissa brings in the elegant spaghetti strapped silk navy blue gown, they slide it over Jess's head, being extremely careful not to mess with a single strand of hair, Jess adjusts the front as Melissa slowly slides the side zipper up.

She steps out of the bathroom and slides her freshly french manicured feet into a pair of 2 inch silver strapped heels, the 2 rhinestone adorned straps criss-crossed over the top of her tanned skin, the same straps then again surround and clasped around her left ankle. As she slowly closes the clasp, her fingertips graze her sterling silver anklet,, that has a small military style dog tag, engraved with the phrase "J & J Forever" enclosed under a small heart-shaped pink sapphire, as she feels the metal in her fingertips, a small tear starts to form and roll down her cheek with a memory of her now deceased high school sweetheart Jeff. He was one of many fatalities during Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), 5 years prior.

Melissa quickly snaps Jess back to reality, "Hey Jess, lets go. You are already running late." Jess quickly wipes the tear from her cheek, then slides on her right shoe, clasping the enclosure. Upon standing and a couple more tweaks with her appearance, she is finally properly dressed to represent the company.

As she walks toward the elevator, the doors open and the Mayor softly smiles and says, "Jess Welcome to Detroit, how is the Penthouse suite treating you and your party?"

"Very well thank you Mr. Mayor." They quietly ride down,in the elevator, to the ball room. They leave the elevator, they see the Commissioner and walk towards him. Next to the commissioner there is an older handsome officer.Jess presumes that this will be their escort for the night.

Before he knows it, Mike hears the voice of the Commissioner behind him. . "Ah, good. Mayor, Jess, I want you to meet your escort for this evening. This is LT Morgan."

Mike turns, ready to hear another spoiled brat's stupid idiotic "Captain Morgan" joke. His eyes pass over the Mayor in a blur, as he starts to reach out, then stopped. Wow, was all Mike could think to himself, *Who is that?* The woman on the Commissioner's other side was beyond stunning. She was perfect. Like, if he was going to create his dream girl, from all the ones he had dated or slept with, put her features together, this would be her. And, that smile. That face. Those eyes. Her outfit. All of it momentarily stunning him, until he had to remind himself what an idiot he looked like. "Um, hi, I'm sorry I was thinking about tonight. Hello, I'm Mike Morgan," he said extending his hand towards the young lady.

Smiling, she speaks softly and sweetly, "Hello Mike, thank you so much for all your hard work protecting this amazing City." She slowly places her hand into his, smiling as she thinks whoa! Lieutenant Mike Morgan! Holy hell! And realizes just how many handsome men she's going to be surrounded with tonight, but nothing can beat this older hunk! Mike nods his head at the standard compliment.

"Of course, Miss. I'm just glad we can be here to help tonight. Are you with the Mayor's Office?" "No I'm Jes-." just as the Mayor interjects quickly, "No Lieutenant this is our home town girl who's now the newest Victoria's Secret Angel!" Jess blushes and giggles slightly , still getting used to her new role.

"Yeah that would be me," Mike actually feels himself blushing at his error. Of course she is, asshole, he berates himself. At the same time he's considering, So, That's what a Victoria's Secret Angel is like in real life. She's amazing. Recovering, the older man laughs a bit to them all.

"I'm so sorry! I missed the meeting where we would have met, because of a work conflict. And, I'm afraid I don't follow models much, I had no idea. Please, forgive me? And, well, let me introduce you to some of the other guys." Yeah, younger guys, Mike reluctantly considers. Ones more likely to be your type Moving down the line, Mike lets both Watson and Smith meet the young lady, playing chaperone just enough without hovering. Truth be told, also enjoying the chance to be in her company at least a little longer, in the few minutes before the guests start arriving. Mike smiles as she starts making small talk, before she's quickly hurried away by the Mayor to meet some of the highest donors.

"Damn, LT, she's hot!" Watson whispers to Mike as they move into line, "And, way nicer than I expected! It's a shame that we can't sit at her table, isn't it?" Mike laughs ironically, sure he'd only make more of a fool of himself in front of her if that happened.

"Yeah, she's pretty nice. Let's just focus on what we should. We can chase skirts once the event dies down," trying to play it all off as he watches Watson walk away.

After a couple of hours pass, Jess is sitting at her table finally able to sit down and relax, sipping a glass of water, swirling the water around in the glass. staring off into space as she watches it. Thinking to herself, Good God, I hate this dress, my feet are killing me and whoever invented LACE thongs needs to have butt floss rammed up his ass. Who the hell catered this thing? How the hell was that a meal? Where the is the fucking meat? And, I swear if one more guy tries to look down my dress without at least saying hi first, I'm going to lose it, and pop the motherfucker in the jaw!" She wistfully looked over at the kid's table, eyeballing their slices of pizza and piles of cookies and other treats, wondering just how many her starving stomach could sneak before Melissa somehow caught her and started lecturing once more about calories and carbs, like who the fuck cares?! Sure, she knew the stuff she was supposed to do, the price it cost her to become a model at this level. It was worth it, and Jess didn't regret the decisions - but it was times like this that she wished she was still able to just go to the corner bar, order a plate of wings and fries, and act like any other normal person.

Mike was able to distract himself for the first part of the evening by greeting guests and city administrators. Mingling with the people and selling the charity and the good work his station does. Even playing with some of the children invited to the event. It's not his fault his gaze kept finding it's back to Jess, who was doing her own mingling and working the crowd. Everything about her was perfect. The perfect way she smiles when she meets someone new. The poise as she laughs at a joke told by some debutante. Her easygoing speech, thanking everyone for letting her attend, how proud she is to show off the good parts of Detroit. She's almost perfect, he couldn't help but think. Of course, he was sure it was all pretend. Girls like that didn't exist. They certainly didn't go out with older men. No, he'd been burned enough by the "pretty girl" trap to know that he'd never have a chance of even getting a hello. Hell, Mike even saw the way she smiled, almost flirting but not quite, with the younger guys as they circulated around her - the ones more like her, without grey hairs and wrinkles. The ones who would know how to play her games. It was only as the evening was dying down, stuck alone with his thoughts as the crowd started to thin out, that Mike really got morose about it. Why can't guys like me get lucky like that? He wondered, seeing her sitting there casually sipping her water like it was the finest champagne, a queen in a room of commoners. This sucks! I need to work off some stress tonight, I swear. Mentally resolving to workout. Or get online." Once he finally got home and out of this monkey suit!

As Jess is sitting there a small toddler comes running over to her, accidently bumping into her arm making her spill the water in her lap. She quickly snaps out of her trance and she sees the small sweet little boy next to her, and smiles sweetly, while brushing the water off her lap. Jess sees the book that the little boy is carrying, she talks to him for a minute, then takes the book putting it on the table, picking him up into her lap, his back against her chest and stomach, as she grabs the book and starts reading to him. while smiling and making little voices for every character. All the while not knowing that anyone is watching her. Mike almost melts when he sees the moment she starts comforting the little boy, even though no one else in the room is watching. The other guys are busy collecting uniform hats and such, preparing to try and convince him to leave.

IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers
12