Mind_Hack.exe Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kripto
Kripto
633 Followers

"Keri, are you alright? Answer me dammit or I'm calling the hospital."

"No, no, I'm fine," Keri said, allowing her husband to help her to her feet. "I'm sorry, I just, had a tremendous headache come on there for a little bit, then it went away."

Kim came over and embraced her mom. Her slightly smaller tits met her mother's in their embrace and Kim was too concerned with what had happened to process her mother moving against her, causing their boobs to rub ever so slightly together.

This action did not go unnoticed by Jerry however who loudly cleared his throat. "Honey, why don't you let go of our daughter and come sit down with me so I can keep an eye on you for a bit." Keri reluctantly let go of her daughter and went with her husband to the living room.

"What the hell was that back there?" Jerry asked.

"It was the weirdest thing. I was using the backup part of the program, then had to disconnect it. When I did I snapped back here and the me that was in Keri and the me back there blended together. It was not fun."

"Why'd you have to disconnect it?"

"Well, I think I either had to go back to streaming my consciousness into Keri, or make it my permanent home."

"What! What the hell does that mean?"

"Sh... stop raising your voice. I can't be sure without testing it, but I think the backup allows you to completely transfer into a new body."

Jerry's jaw dropped. "So, what would happen to the old body? Does the other person's mind just go away?"

Keri shook her head. "I have no way of knowing until I test it out, and that's a pretty risky test. I've got everything saved in the cloud and I've think we've gone as far as we can without Adam's help. Tomorrow we'll jump over to his house."

"Into his house? You want us to be his mom and dad?"

Keri smiled a wicked smile. "Oh yes, like I've said, I've seen his browser history. I got the perfect way to pay him back. Actually, the little twerp might enjoy it, I know you will."

Now Jerry was smiling. "I hope it means what I think it means. In the meantime, did I see you rubbing up against our darling daughter a moment ago?"

"Why, whatever do you mean?" Keri asked blushing.

"I mean that hug you lingered on with both your boobs pressed together as you rubbed those titties against yours. I hope that was the only lecherous thing you did in that bedroom with your daughter. This is all about blending, remember?"

"I might have looked at our daughter a little too lovingly. Damn. All this talk has me super wet. Want to go fuck your wife again?"

Laughing, the married couple retired to their bedroom. Kim made her final wardrobe choice, and was putting the finishing touches on her makeup when she heard the headboard begin to slam against the wall. She rolled her eyes at her horny parents and headed for a quick exit from her house. It was weird though. They usually only had sex once a week and today wasn't their typical day. And for sure they'd usually wait until she was dead asleep or out of the house. She let her mind drift to other weird things, like the time that had gone missing from her a few days ago. How she had been in her room one minute, then back in her room the next, but with what she swore had been cum dripping down her leg. Now that was weird. She had resolved right there to cut back on her partying and use of recreational drugs.

After a thorough fucking session and double checking to make sure that Kim was gone for the evening, Dan and Stephanie made the switch back to their original bodies. To minimize the computers he accessed Mind Hack on, Dan insisted on pulling it up on his computer. Still in Keri's body, he switched Stephanie back with Jerry's body still in his house. He showed Stephanie how to pull him back, but told him to give him five minutes. There was still something he needed to see.

Jerry was sitting up on the couch when Keri came back into the house. "Honey, what's going on? I, it was light just a moment ago and now it's dark out."

Keri sat down next to him. "Jerry, you blacked out. It was the weirdest thing. One minute you were saying something, then the next you were flat on the floor. You spoke to us but didn't seem all there but you told us not to take you to the hospital."

Jerry was thoroughly bewildered. "I did?"

"Yes. Clearly you don't remember. Do you remember anything that happened this afternoon and evening?"

"No I, I remember walking into the kitchen and then, nothing. And then a minute ago it's like my brain turned on and, what is wrong with me?"

Keri smiled at him and took his hand reassuringly. "Nothing dear, I'm sure it's just a bug that's going around." After she said this, her head fell onto her husband's shoulder.

Jerry worried that his wife had fainted, but she sat up a moment later and blinked at him. She looked around as if taking in all new surroundings. "How did I get into this room? I was in the bath and then...what time is it?"

Jerry's concern grew ten fold as his circumstance seemed to be repeating itself for his wife. Amnesia couldn't be contagious. This was alarming and he resolved to keep his composure as his wife caught up to the fact that she was missing memories from most of her day. Now that he thought about it, he remembered his daughter mentioning something about this recently. She too had experienced whatever this phenomenon was but had only missed an hour or two. Whatever it was, he would take his whole family to the doctor as soon as possible.

The next day, around noon at a nearby government facility, an impromptu video conference was happening for that facility's director. In attendance was a supervisor assigned to one of the cities in that sector, along with an agent that had some knowledge of the reason for this meeting between two sectors. They sat facing each other at a long table, waiting for the large screen at the wall to reveal an image.

"I'm confused," the agent said. "We never talk to other sectors, just trade reports back and forth on any potential threats when they cross borders. Why this sudden need to have a face to face?"

"I don't know but it can't be good," said the director. The director was an older woman that had been there since POM's inception. She remembered that initially, there had been wider transparency, the government allowing everyone worldwide to work together and bring a swift end to crime wherever it may be. Over the last few years though, discretion had become key. Justice was still meted out quickly, but communication between the sectors that helped keep the peace for the local populace had dramatically decreased. Reports for crime went the same place that the money making data POM's cyber enhancements were constantly observing, POM's board of directors. The information flowed up, never down, so whatever was about to be exchanged between governing agencies must be paramount.

Two images blinked onto the screen, split down the middle. One looked very similar to the current room. Another director sat at a table, along with what was probably another supervisor and another agent that worked for that sector. The image on the other side of the screen was instantly recognizable to everyone at both tables. It was the CEO of POM's board of directors, Chance Kirkwood. If there was such a thing as a global president, this man was it. He had vast wealth and power and spoke with the weight of every corporation that made up the world's government. He had achieved all this at a very young age, mainly due to the foundations his father, Michael Kirkwood, had made. Michael had been one of the top computer scientists that made Peace of Mind and a new world order possible, and his son had certainly capitalized on his father's success. Now he smiled from an unknown location at the two tables of people in front of him. As they had not know he would be joining their meeting, he was please to see their reactions, both fearful and awestruck.

"I am sorry for my surprise appearance, I've clearly caught you off guard," Chance began. "The nature of the situation prompted me to become directly involved and make sure that we deal with it in a timely manner. Sector 11, I've read your initial report. A week ago, a POM signal blinked out in your area and jumped a few blocks away from its location, while another signal disappeared entirely. After a short time, that signal reappeared at the origin point of the first signal which had returned there. This could be written off as a glitch, but you very smartly decided to monitor both of the signals present. The signal belonging to Adam Holland then preceded to travel to Sector 12 and you correctly alerted them of his presence and were to monitor him accordingly. Have I missed anything thus far?"

"Uh, no," Sector 11's director said, finding her voice.

"And at no point did anyone look at the video recorded by Adam's or this Candace, the other signal, no one looked at what they were seeing and doing around this time?"

The director gave a sharp look at the supervisor who spoke up quickly. "No, I'm, well I'm sorry if we should have. We know we've been given sharp orders to only look through the eyes of those related to or around criminal activity. I ordered my agent to flag them and report if any other suspicious activity occurred. If it had, we would have brought them in right away and fixed whatever was causing the signal interruption."

Chance looked please. "You did your job very well, and don't worry about watching their video feeds. You wouldn't have found anything during that time. Section 12, explain why that is, but start with what strange thing happened when Mr. Holland visited a person of interest in your area."

Section 12's supervisor, a nervous looking middle aged man began reading off the report. "Adam Holland, a potential threat from Sector 11 made entry into Sector 12. He visited Daniel Stein, a former cyber security specialist who had also been an alleged hacker and outspoken activist against POM and its ideals for a peaceful global existence. There was one other person in the residence, Stephanie Stein, Daniel's sister. Very shortly after Mr. Holland's entry into Mr. Stein's domicile, we see Mr. Stein's signal blink out, then reappear where his sister's was, and her signal is gone entirely. Shortly after, a new signal comes on the premises, a Trevor Sorensen. After another few minutes, Mr. Holland's signal jumps to the next door neighbor, and seems to replace the signal of Kim Stevens. Mr. Holland's signal then returns to the home of Mr. Stein. Upon Mr. Holland's reentry of Stein's house, we see, well, this is where it gets really weird, another duplicate signal of Mr. Holland appears in the Stein house."

The CEO interjected, "Was this being monitored in real time, or after the face?"

The director's face flushed. "No, again, it was a flagged account, but not one associated with criminal activity, so it was given less...attention. When the report of this activity hit my desk, I did pass it on to the head of our technical support." The director motioned to the youngest person in the room who seemed eager to jump in at this point, but smartly head his tongue until he was brought into the conversation. "I, like my colleagues in Section 11, assumed it was a glitch, perhaps one that was affecting other signals somehow. I obtained permission to play back video of the event in question, as well as had my subordinate here dig in to the more technical areas of what might be happening."

"And your findings?" the CEO asked.

"Well, that was another troubling thing," the director continued. "There was no video of the event in question. Not from those whose signals had jumped around, not from those who had disappeared, not even Mr. Sorensen who seemed to not be affected by whatever the glitch was."

"So someone erased the footage that would have helped us get to the bottom of this?"

The excited young technical support employee now felt compelled to add his two cents. "Well, yes and no. All those affected by what we're mistakenly calling a glitch didn't have their cybernetic footage erased, it just wasn't there. It's like their optic monitoring settings turned themselves off and didn't resume until the signals eventually went back to normal. But Mr. Sorensen, who remember had nothing to do with these signals bouncing around or disappearing, his cyber footage was completely scrubbed from the system. And as far as we are aware, something like that can only be done from inside one of these buildings."

The CEO looked very annoyed by this news. "So you're saying this is not a glitch at all. You believe that Mr. Holland or Mr. Stein, or both, created some way to infiltrate an unbreakable digital fortress. And these people have figured out a way to what, relay their signal onto another person, thereby keeping us from monitoring them. But on top of that, someone from inside of the government is helping them erase their tracks. Do you have any additional proof of that?"

Technical support looked at his director, who nodded for him to go ahead. "After I came to the conclusion that someone was messing with our system, I pulled up past footage of all the people involved. Mr. Holland and Mr. Stein both stand out because some of their past cyber footage has been altered. Going back months now, Mr. Holland would open his computer and click on a program and his then the image blurs and becomes inscrutable. This happens on several occasions. When Mr. Holland finally makes the visit to Mr. Stein to presumably show him this mystery file or program, Mr. Stein's footage blurs as well, and I don't think it's either of them. I'm not even sure if they know they have someone watching out for them."

The CEO looked more troubled at this news than anything else, and for several seconds no one said anything as this information seemed to hang in the air. "Based on the evidence we do have, it would appear they are trying to find a way to circumvent the leash that binds our society in peace. They are trying to push their signal onto someone else. Does everyone concur with this?

Section 12's director raised his head, then started talking when Chance shot him a reproachful look. "We do think that, yes sir, but there's one more thing. It's really the thing that made us zero in on this issue. Late last night, the Stevens family all went to the hospital. Their father insisted they all go get checked out because at some point in the last week, they had all been inflicted with missing time. All three suffered from at least an hour, or several hours of gaps where they could not remember anything that had transpired. When compared with the times of missing cyber footage, when the signals disappear from our industrious hackers, they match up exactly. Based on this, we're thinking that when someone's signal is hijacked, the victim's cyber brain is compromised in a way that keeps them from holding on to the memory of this time. That's all speculation. We could learn more if we bring everyone in and get to the bottom of it before we pass judgment."

Chance was already shaking his head before the director was done speaking. "No, everything we have discussed here goes no further. Whatever these hackers are trying to accomplish, we don't need to know the details of, and it stops here. They are potentially a threat to our national security and the peaceful world we have created. As such, Section 12, under cover of darkness this very evening, you will send a team to eliminate the threat, which at this point should only be Mr. Holland and his sister. Continue to monitor the rest closely in your sector. Please understand that this must all be done quietly. No attention must be drawn to this, but it is priority number one." All heads nodded in agreement.

Section 11's director spoke up. "Are we to eliminate the Holland boy in our sector?

"Yes, but I want to minimize the people involved in this. Since it's only a sector away, dispatch the same team that is to be used at the Stein's. Have someone close by if he tries to escape, but it shouldn't be an issue. He won't know it's coming. Good luck everyone." He then tapped his temple and pointed at his audience. "I'll be watching how this plays out very closely. Get to work."

To be continued...

Kripto
Kripto
633 Followers