Mindy's Muse Ch. 03

Story Info
The final chapter in Mindy's battle with Pain.
14.2k words
4.88
8.3k
9

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/05/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cliptoe
cliptoe
205 Followers

As this is the third and final chapter in Mindy's story, if you haven't read the first two chapters, I advise you to read those first, to get the full story. Of course it's just a suggestion, and let the reader be the judge.

Mindy (and her group) listen to 'the plan' to have her used as bait to catch the nefarious Pain. We begin with a meeting of all the agencies, as Martha Walters gives the group 'the plan'.

As always, all persons, places, and things are purely fictional and are for the entertainment of the readers.

Mindy's Muse Ch. 3

"Do all 'these people' have to be here? I am not comfortable going over all we have to go over with 'civilians' in the group!"

Martha Walters was clearly upset, her face red, and her blood vessels popping out on the sides of her forehead. Dirk chuckled to himself, taking small pleasure from giving her something so upsetting to her.

"Yes, Martha, we are asking Mindy to do a very dangerous thing here for anyone, let alone someone not trained in 'our business', and she wants her friends and extended family with her while she listens and makes up her mind. My God, woman, it's the least we can do to help her!"

"Hmmm, well, ok then, if this is how it has to be, let's go over the plan. You have all been given the notebooks, and hopefully have read through them so we don't have to go into every detail in this meeting."

"I want every detail covered, or everything is off!" Jonathan chimed in as he jumped up from his seat.

Martha was just about ready to let him have it when Dirk pushed between the two, "I think we have the time Martha, if you are sure of your plan, I am positive you won't mind going over each detail for Mindy and those that love her and want to make sure she will be as safe as possible."

Martha fumed, but in a very disturbed and mocking tone began. "All right, let's start at the beginning." She went on to show the general vicinity they thought the plan would be taking place. It was a two block area in the edge of downtown. They weren't sure exactly where Pain's den was, and many surmised there was a sophisticated tunnel and inter connected passageways between several of the buildings. Pain's business affairs were all going at the normal capacities so it was known he was around. They based this on the coverage of his concerns while he was 'in exile' and how they had dropped off.

"We will have men on all these rooftops, with camera's, sound retrieving equipment, and snipers," Martha pointed to a large photo of the area that had been pinned to a bulletin board. Dirk chuckled silently to himself, looking at her long pointing stick as she pointed to all the red circles that had been drawn in to show where the rooftop teams would be located. He had to give it to her, she was detail oriented and as he had read his notebook last night was actually quite impressed with her plan.

He would never tell her that of course, and silently listened as she went through step by step. There were several 'snitches' around and they had already started a rumor that Mindy was fed up with the Foundation and was coming back to 'work'. The undercover people had already heard rumblings that Pain wanted to know as soon as anyone saw her. They were surprised by the number of his men who were out looking for her, for they knew that the true number was probably doubled, as they were sure he was using new and unknown scouts as well as his own men. All the girls on the street were offered a monetary reward for giving any information that led to Pain's getting hold of Mindy.

As Martha relayed this information, Mindy could feel Jonathan's hand squeeze hers. She knew it was an almost involuntary reaction to hearing all this. She was getting a very uneasy and uncomfortable feeling inside, and really began to wonder about all this. But she reminded herself, she could never be totally at ease knowing Pain was still out there and looking for her.

Martha had each of the agencies give their reports, and how their people were going to be placed, and all the equipment and actions at their disposal and how they fit into the plan.

Then it was time for going over all the electronics that Mindy would be wearing. Martha showed the special outfit that had been made especially for Mindy. It would be very street worthy but she pointed out all the tracking devices, mics, and even a garrote sewn into the hem. Once again, Mindy felt Jonathan squeeze her hand even tighter. She was amazed however, at how much equipment was in the outfit and how none of it even showed in the slightest. She was also shown the tracking pill she would swallow that could send a signal from within her body for several days. That and the pierced earrings with another tracking device and a mic, would all be as a backup in case her clothes were somehow removed before the teams could reach her.

David looked over at Mia, and they both had a nervous exchange. They, like Dirk, were very impressed with the plan, but were still very concerned and even frightened for Mindy's safety. They both looked over at Christine and could see her going through the same feelings by the look on her face.

Martha once again pointed to another large aerial photo showing the streets and sidewalks of the area and where the street teams would be located.

Jonathan jumped up again, "I want to be on the street, as close to Mindy as possible, with a tracking receptor and communication device. I want to be able to see her and to follow where she goes."

"Definitely not, Pain knows you now, and if he sees you he will know there is something up!" shouted Martha.

"Ok, let's calm down a bit," Dirk responded, "we can work on a disguise for Jonathan and I, and I will be with him, and take responsibility for him."

"Look! Why did you have me set up this plan if you're all just going to modify it with your ad libs?"

"C'mon Martha, the main plan is still yours, we are just tweaking it a bit so we feel we are a part of trying to protect our Mindy."

Mindy smiled and looked over at Vivian, who too was smiling at the "our Mindy" remark. It just solidified all that was now good with their lives and gave Mindy even more inspiration to go through with this and get Pain out of the picture, hopefully for good. She tried to think of all the horrible things she had been forced to make her way through. The insults, the dirty glances, the 'deafening' silences, being treated like an outcast, or worse. She tried to remember all her pain, to give her strength to fight this Pain.

Martha continued with the plan, and all its contingencies. Mindy was to appear to go back at working on the streets. They imagined Pain's men would be keeping a close eye on her, but would probably want to make sure she was really working. Several plain clothes operatives were set up to act as her "tricks" as they wanted to be prepared for the charade to last a few days, or until Pain was satisfied from his reports that Mindy was in fact, back working the streets. They had also set up a small room for her in a sleazy apartment building in the area. It had already been rented for the week by another plain clothes operative. They only wanted to pay for a week, for they didn't want to raise any eyebrows by paying for a longer stay, since most of the clientele there were either daily or weekly at the most. That apartment was completely wired and they had also rented the adjoining apartment, so if any attack was attempted there it could be quickly monitored.

The main thing was for Mindy to act the part, be sullen and depressed that her hopes of a wonderful life at the Foundation had been dashed, and that Jonathan had left her out in the cold, so she had to go back to what she knew. Pain would be extremely alert for any signs of a sting operation and everyone had to be ready to do their part, and do it correctly.

The whole presentation lasted almost three hours, more than twice what Martha had prepared for, so she was going to be late for her next appointment. She was happy when she heard Mindy exclaim, "OK! I'm in! When do we start?"

Martha's happiness lasted a second, as Jonathan stepped forward, in between Mindy and Martha and said, "We'll give you our answer tomorrow morning." He grabbed Mindy by the arm and walked her out of the office, their group following closely behind.

Before they could open the front door Dirk called out, "Wait a minute you two! You can't be seen together, and you certainly can't walk out of the front door of the police station together. Pain may have spies in place so we'll have to go out through the basement garage, and certainly not in the same vehicle. We've set up an apartment downtown for Mindy and I'll take her there. Jonathan, you go back to your house and when I call you, go out your back door, leaving all the house lights and tv on. Jump the fence and walk up to the road above your yard, I'll pick you up and take you to the back entrance of Mindy's apartment. Wear something non-descript, a hoodie would be the best. You two can be together and discuss your plan. If the decision is what I think Mindy wants, she will be going over to Seattle tomorrow.

** * * **

"God! I feel like I'm in a really bad Bond movie," Jonathan said as he walked in the apartment door to hug Mindy.

"It was like watching you go into Q's office to get all your secret agent devices."

"It is kind of exciting," said Mindy.

"Are you kidding me?!? Your life is in very real danger in this plan, and I for one, don't want to see you go through with it!"

"Jonathan, sweet, sweet Jonathan, we've been over this before honey. You know Pain will not rest until he has his plan for me completed. And I don't want go through my life, our lives, with that hanging over our heads. Martha's plan looks fool proof to me, especially with all the additions Dirk added." Mindy laughed as she remembered the scene earlier that day. "Did you see her face? I thought she was going to explode a couple times. Hilarious."

"Well, I just saw all the ways the plan could fall through and you get taken away from me, and I don't like it. But I will go along with your wishes, especially since Dirk has worked it out so I can be as close to you as possible at all times."

Mindy reached over and gave him a huge kiss, "Thank You Jonathan! You will never know how much you and how you treat me, means to me."

"I have a pretty good idea, cause I get the same back from you, tenfold."

Now it was Jonathan's turn to give Mindy a huge kiss, holding her so tightly against him, for dear life as it has been said.

"Careful you're gonna break me!"

"Sorry, I love you so much Mindy, and I am so very scared about all of this."

"I know hon, me too, but we have to put our trust in those that do this professionally, and you have to admit, the plan is good, could you see any holes in it at all?"

"Just the huge one, you have to be the bait."

** * * **

"So? What did you think of the plan?" Christine's face was almost ashen. She was very worried. In the short time she had gotten to know Mindy, she had become like her second daughter. She saw so many similarities between her and Mia, it was uncanny. And yet, there were very many differences as well. It all just made Christine feel a very strong motherly love for Mindy, and she was very uncertain about this whole thing.

Dirk could see all of the pain in Christine, and walked over to hold her in his arms. She was so tiny, she basically felt surrounded by him when he hugged her like this, and it was a very welcome and comforting feeling. She let herself melt into him and just loved the feel of this strong, intelligent, and caring man who had become the love of her life.

"I think Martha's plan is very well thought out. There are a few things that I have done to see about preparing for unknown loopholes. I have a friend in the city civil engineering office, and he has gotten me the most current plans, and thermal scans of the buildings within the plan's focus. I have seen a couple of spots that on the outside look ok, but have me a bit concerned. I didn't tell her, but I am going to have some of my men, when they are off duty, coming over there to watch these potential hidden getaway portals."

Christine pulled back enough so she could stand on her tip toes and give Dirk a big, long, wet kiss.

"Wow! To what do I owe the pleasure of such a wonderful kiss from the woman I love?"

"I love how you have taken to Mindy, and Mia, well, all the girls and their friends. You are really such a caring man Detective Dirk!"

Dirk laughed, "How could a person not like them after he's met them? They are all such wonderful people, who have lived through a nightmare and yet have kept their hope and desires and are now in the joyful time of seeing their dreams coming true, thanks to you!"

"Well, thank you, but the real thanks goes to Mia, she's the one who made all this possible."

"But you are doing the work, and making the work not a job, but a lifestyle, and the girls know it and love you for it. I can see how important and how loved you are just by looking at their lovely, happy faces when they are in your presence. Something that I know and share with them."

Dirk looked at his watch, "It's time to head over to the apartment Mindy is staying in. Time for the final decision."

With that, he took Christine's hand, led her to the front door closet, got out their coats, helped her with hers, and led her out to his car.

** * * **

Jonathan couldn't help it, he paced the small apartment's floor, head down, hands in his pockets. Mindy had given up trying to make him stop. David and Mia had already made it over and they were having a good time chuckling at his serious actions. Mia had taken Mindy aside and the two of them had a discussion about the whole operation and Mindy's part and safety in it. They had both come to the same conclusion, the plan was solid, and there was a very favorable chance it would be successful.

"I just want that man out of my thoughts Mia, I want to be free of that. Jonathan has asked me to marry him, and I told him I want to wait until after my surgery. He agreed, and said he just wanted to be with me every day. Isn't he wonderful Mia?"

"You are truly blessed Mindy, he is a wonderful man. There are so many similarities between him and David it is so special. I get a kick out of watching Jonathan go through everything now, and let myself dream I am seeing a young David doing things that helped him grow into the beautiful person he is. We are a couple of very fulfilled women, finding and loving our soul mates."

Mindy hugged Mia, "You are so right!"

Dirk and David had gotten together and were talking softly between themselves. Dirk was going over his addition to the plan and the drawings he had obtained from the civil engineer.

"Can I take a look at those too?" David asked. David hoped there were some of the heating/ductwork designs available.

"Sure, hold on a minute, I have them out in my briefcase in my car, I'll be right back."

Dirk returned quickly and the two men spread the building plan drawings, along with the thermal scans. Dirk stood aside as he watched David concentrate on every inch of the drawings. He wondered what David was thinking as he looked, then grabbed the corresponding heat scan, looked at both side by side, and then circled a few areas.

He stepped back, and straightened his back, "Ok, the circled areas are areas of concern. I am pretty sure I am reading these plans right and there are some glaring differences that don't make sense.

See this duct run here?" Dirk nodded. "First of all, for the unit on the roof, that ductwork is much too large. There is no way a unit that size could have a motor in it large enough to push air through that size duct. And even if it were the real ductwork, the thermal scan should be at least yellow if not orange, showing the heat traveling through it. This heat scan shows the duct to be the same temperature as its surroundings. I think it is really a tunnel, a way to move from building to building without being seen. You can follow the thermal image of it, and it doesn't line up with the building plans. The buildings are so close together, they could easily make a gateway between them to use this false ductwork."

Another thing that doesn't make sense, for the amount and size of that ductwork, there is no permit on the records here where they put it in. I'm sure it was done on the sly, for no inspector would have approved it."

Dirk was amazed, he doubted Martha had gotten assistance from a heating and cooling specialist and was probably totally unaware of the situation David had pointed out. He took another look at the drawings and scans and figured there was another false duct/passageway system using the guise of being the return air duct. He explained.

"First of all, I would like to get the make and model number of those rooftop systems. I am pretty sure by the look of them, they are the type that use outside air instead of return air to bring through the heat exchanger system to make the heated air. It is possible, that they might have a dual system that could use both. But most of the time, if that were the case the return air duct would have a special plenum in the base of the unit to bring the return air in. Once again, the size of the heating duct and the return air duct are way too large for a motor that would fit in that unit to push the heated air through the ducts. And if you look really close to the heat scans, you can see a smaller rectangular shape of a different temperature color. Those smaller shapes are probably the real ducts, and they are trying to hide them as part of their gateway."

"Amazing work David!" Dirk looked over at Mia and Christine. They were both smiling proud 'I told you so' smiles.

"Aw, it isn't really that amazing, anyone involved with commercial heating and cooling would have seen this right away."

"Well, it didn't sound like Martha even thought of it. I will have the thermal imagining systems watching these ducts continuously. We will know the instant anyone tries to use them as a passageway, and be there with welcome hands (and cuffs) to meet them when they come out."

Everyone got a chuckle from that, and it came at the best time, for it had gotten a bit too serious for Mindy.

"Thank you once again David! You are a genius!"

"Well, more like a Jack of all trades, master of none," chuckled David.

"Now wait a minute here! I have tasted your coffee and your barbequed salmon, don't give me this 'no master' bullshit. Your salmon is better by far than anything I have ever had at any restaurant!" Dirk added loudly.

A large cheer from everyone gave Dirk's assessment the groups seal of approval, and everyone had another laugh together.

"After this is all over, we're going to have the biggest and best salmon barbeque ever!" Mia announced proudly. "We will ALL share it together to celebrate the capture of Pain."

Another group cheer turned into a group hug, focusing on Mindy.

"Ok, thanks guys, so you probably already know it, I'm going through with it. With all this help and support, the amazing plan, with David and Dirk's additions, and my Jonathan in disguise so close to me, I just don't see how it can't work."

"I love your attitude Mindy, but remember, the best laid plans..."

"I know Dirk, I will play it by the rules of the plan, but will definitely be ready to push the panic button if something isn't going per plan."

"Well, that's it I guess, we should give these two lovers the night together before the big ordeal."

With that Christine ushered everyone out of the apartment, they all went down to the basement, and left through different exits/entrances to the underground parking.

cliptoe
cliptoe
205 Followers