Moonlit Love

Story Info
True love knows no earthly boundaries.
805 words
3.5
10.8k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sobstory
sobstory
23 Followers

I am lying in my bed, staring out the window at the pale orb above me. The moon is so bright, so full, so hypnotic. He is tugging at my heart, pulling me into orbit.

"Come away with me," he whispers, "I'll protect you."

I float out of my bed and slip out the window. Like a spirit I fly over the spider web of lights, my dear city now far below.

Over rivers and mountains, deserts and plains, I soar. My love knows no earthly boundaries.

I swim through the air, eyes on my lovely moon, calling out to me.

"Come away with me," he whispers, "I'll protect you."

The cool smooth cadence of his voice washes over my mind, soothing me and pulling me closer. Higher and higher I rise, my beautiful city no more than a speck of light now. I slide through the atmosphere, the gentle gasses caressing my face, moaning, "Love him, love him."

"I will love him," I promise them, "I will."

He extends his hand to me as I fly to him. His silky fingertips touch mine as my ascent is slowed.

"You are with me now," he whispers, "I will protect you."

He draws me tenderly to him and I close my eyes, basking in the cool, strong glow of my exquisite lover.

"Look at that," he says, pointing to Mother Earth down below, "Look at your mother. Isn't she beautiful?"

"Yes," I gasp, "She is so beautiful."

"You will watch over her while she sleeps, won't you? You will watch over her with me?"

I nod and we watch over her together, spinning slowly in our cosmic dance, to a waltz I can hear only in my heart. His sweet breath is on my ear as we sway, side by side.

Mother Earth slumbers peacefully, guarded by my moon and me, safe for the night. My ivory lover stretches out his hand and strokes her face, comforting her in her dreams.

We dance the night away, oblivious to the passing of time. All the planets watch us whirl, fond smiles on their time-wizened faces.

"They are so perfect, the moon and his star-queen," Jupiter says to Io.

"Don't you remember when we were that young," she says to him, "Don't you remember the first time we made love?"

"You were so amazing, my fair darling."

"My fierce defender."

"You are so enchanting, Io," Jupiter says, "So perfect."

"I love you," she says, tears beading on her countenance, "I love you."

As my moon looks at me with his pale perfect eyes, I am graceful. He strokes my hair, made of silver strands of light, and my white silken dress sweeps around our feet, spangled with a million glittering stars.

My moon looks deep into my eyes and smoothes his cheek onto mine. My breath catches as his face slides towards my mouth and he kisses me for the first time. A tingle of cool frost shoots from my lips to my spine and all the way down to my feet.

I sigh and lay my head on his shoulder, content to dance forever with my lover, surrounded by the gods and goddesses of the night, smiling and doting on us, but it could not last.

As we swirl through the calm vacuum of space, we come closer and closer to the fever of day. I cling tight to my moon, his body shielding mine from the bright light, seeping past the slumbering body of my Mother Earth.

"You have to go soon," he whispers in my ear.

"No, not yet," I cry, "You can't send me back there yet."

"Not yet, I'll hold you know, but you must go soon."

"I love you," I say.

"You will be with me again," he says, "I will protect you again."

"Thank you."

All too soon, I felt the gentle tug of the day calling me home again. I slip out of the arms of my lover and watch as his pale face grows smaller and smaller as I fall down in the black hollow of the sky. The atmosphere, that protective blanket around my Mother Earth, slows my descent.

I float down through the clouds, above the towns and the cities, through the streets. My window stands open, awaiting my return. The silver thread between my moon and me nearly gone, I am dumped mercilessly on my bedroom floor. I crawl into bed and fall fast into a restless, dream filled sleep, unable to immediately face the cruel light of day.

I awaken with the sun on my face, the harsh and merciless sun.

Mother Earth awakens soon, and her nighttime tranquility is soon forgotten. Oh, how soon that unforgiving heat can erase that respite!

"Till tonight, my beautiful moon," I whisper to the sky, "Till tonight."

sobstory
sobstory
23 Followers