Moving On

Story Info
Margaret and Lakota talk.
12.7k words
4.75
20.5k
19

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 07/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,291 Followers

Hello,

Welcome back to my world of werewolves and vampire. This is the fourth story in the She Wolf series. Margaret and Lakota talk. This is a short story and there will be no follow up chapters.

I hope you all enjoy it. So sit back, read and then relax. This chapter continues the story line from Ivanovs chapter seven.

Thanks to Overstar for editing and revising. Any errors found are not a reflection on this gentleman.

IR2R

Margaret Kent had been home for a several months now and Lakota still refused to see her. He said she rejected him. That wasn't the case. She just needed space and he didn't seem to understand. Margaret recalled the last argument clearly. That's where it all went wrong. Why did she have to go on the offensive? She could have just apologized because in a way he was right.

Margaret closed her eyes and her heart hurt. She needed him, and hoped that this last attempt worked. She looked at a picture of all five of her grandchildren. They were so beautiful. She smiled. Then she looked at the photo of Julianne and BJ. He was the perfect mate for her shy, socially conscious daughter. These last few years were a challenge for Margaret. Her husband Oscar had died two years ago, and her daughter married and moved to Texas. She loved the people that surrounded her little girl. There were so many babies born and she adopted each and every one of them. Thinking of Nina, Amerie, and Elise was hard, because they were with men that loved them despite everything. It was that deep longing prompted her actions today.

"Mrs. Kent, I called and relayed you message. Do you want me to call their resource department?" Her assistant, Natasha, asked.

"No, I just want to talk with him before taking any real actions." Margaret replied. A few minutes passed and she was alerted to a visitor from security. Margaret set her shoulders. She knew her he would be ticked. But out of everyone, he should have understood.

*****

Lakota drove to Margaret's office. He was furious. She basically dismissed him, and he was trying to go on with his life. Well she wouldn't mess with their businesses. He could have had one of his Betas go, but she demanded him. He wanted to settle this once and for all.

Lakota stormed in the offices at Kent Distributing. He walked pass the receptionist and straight to the elevator. Knowing who he was, the young lady at the desk alerted security. Lakota took then elevator to the top floor and walked into Margaret's office. He nodded at the Assistant and went straight in.

"Lakota that was quick. I was not expecting you to respond so soon. Please have a seat." Margaret stated indicating a seat for him.

Lakota took a moment to take in her appearance. She was beautiful. It had been months since he'd seen her last. "Why are you doing this? Exactly what are you up to Margaret? You claim there is a problem with our accounts. Will you clarify?" he demanded.

"Actually Lakota, I would rather discuss this tomorrow. That is why I asked you-" he interrupted

"Asked, is that what that was? You were asking. No, more like you demanded my presence." He exhaled and sat down. "Now you have my attention. Oh, and if I find that this is some bogus attempt to discuss anything other than business, you will hear from my attorneys."

Margaret froze, but maintained her cool composure. She had to decide. Did she continue with her farce, or confess and hopefully he wouldn't sue. She called this meeting and refused to give up her control. Since she and Levin had taken control of the company profits held strong.

Margaret leaned back in her chair and stared her angry mate down. "Lakota, we will meet on this issue tomorrow. You can feel free to bring your attorneys as well. I will explain in details what the issues I am concerned with are. Now if you don't mind, please leave." She ordered. Her heart was racing. He looked damn good.

He fumed, "This is not over, Margaret. I will see you early." Then he stormed off to call Reina.

Reina was at her office when she learned of the call from Margaret. She called Levin immediately. "Baby, I'm headed to her office." Levin assure his mate. Reina was due to give birth any day now and Levin did not want her upset.

Knocking on her door, Levin waited for his old friend to tell him to enter. "Come in, Oh good, Levin I think..."

"No, Margaret, you did not think. Why did you do this? If Lakota takes legal action, we'll lose. There is no reason to drop their account. There are no problems."

"I never dropped anything, just said I did." Margaret sat defeated. "I wanted to see him. He won't talk to me Levin. I..." she stopped talking, completely defeated.

"I care about him Levin." Margaret sighed. "Since I went to Texas, he's just..."

"Margaret, you hurt him. Look, Reina and I will talk and try to get a handle on this, but next time, call me first. Alright" he stated.

"Thanks Levin, I'm sorry." she whispered.

"Look, Margaret, it will work out. I know you are hurting too, and it's unfortunate. Believe me one day this will be a great story to tell the kids." Levin sighed, and hugged his friend. These two have to work this out. They belong together. He thought.

"Hey, I'll be alright. If these past few years have taught me anything, it's that I am stronger than I think, right?" Margaret surmised.

Levin chuckled, "Yes Ma'am. Now let me call my wife. I want to see if she got to her brother before he called his legal team."

"OK, I'll finish up here and head home. Call me and let me know what to expect, alright?" she asked.

Looking at his friend, Levin nodded. His brother in law was hurting, and he understood that, but he did not have the right to treat a woman this way. Especially a woman he claimed to love.

Love, I'll deal with Lakota. If you approach him, he'll see it as a challenge. Reina sent as she sensed her mates agitation.

I can take him. He might beat me to a pulp, blacken both my eyes, and knock out a few of my teeth, but at least he might listen. he sent.

Reina laughed. Yes, but then I'll have two babies to care for. Hurry home love.

Lakota walked in to her home as she closed off communication with her mate. "Reina, I wanted you to know I'm suing them for breach of contract. Margaret cannot jerk me around like this."

"Really Lakota, is this necessary? Did you even let her speak, or did you go all Alpha?" She asked.

Lakota stared at his sister, and then noted her condition. "Wait, how are you and my nephew? You don't need this headache. I'll call John to deal with this."

"No, no you will not. Lakota, if you have any hope of getting her back, stop this right now. We both know she really had no reason to drop us. Other than the call from her assistant, was the resource department contacted about this?" his sister asked.

Lakota paused, "Wait, let me call Peter." He then called his Chief Operations Officer. Lakota was pleased to learn that their relationship with Kent Distributing was solid and profitable.

He hung up and told is sister so. "So she just wanted to see you, and you were an ass, as usual. Look, you need time alone, just the two of you. Take her to the cabin for the next week. You both need to talk, and decide if you want to be together."

"Reina, it's not that easy." She rejected me. She left and didn't even bother to call and tell me she was leaving." He exhaled. "When I talked to her, she reminded me that she didn't have to be with me. I took it to mean I was not what she wanted so I gave her freedom." He looked at his sister, and she wanted to smack him.

"Right, because whatever Lakota wants, he gets." Reina took a deep breath, and rubbed her expansive midsection. "You knew her daughter would give birth that week, and she was on high alert. You also knew she was aware that you instructed Sharon not to disturb you when you were in a meeting. She gets a call and hops a flight, her own plane, by the way to be with her daughter. Did you even greet her when you saw her that night? Or did you simply reprimand her for not calling you?"

"Reina, you don't understand. I was terrified when I found out she left. One phone call, that's all she had to do." He exhaled.

"Look, we can argue for hours, but I don't want too. This weekend, you two need to go the cabin. You need to resolve this. If you don't then I'm banning you from LJ." She added.

"Come on. You cannot be serious. This is my nephew. I'll talk to Levin about this" he growled.

Reina smiled, "Big brother, Levin is my mate. He won't take your side. First because he has more to lose, and he is mad at you anyway because of how you've treated Margaret."

So tomorrow when we meet, the two of you go away for the weekend. Lakota, I ask that for the first time in your life, you need to listen, OK." Then she smiled and said, "Big brother, I need a hug. Lakota smiled and helped his sister stand and gave her a tight hug, his nephew took a moment to kick reminding them of his presence. They laughed and he caressed her growing belly and said "He's definitely your son." He teased his sister.

Lakota nodded, "OK, I will meet with her in the morning. Will you and Levin be there?"

Lakota left and went home. Levin came in and scented his presence. Rowling, he found his gorgeous pregnant mate working in the nursery.

"Lakota stopped by." he stated.

"Yes, and I will be with him tomorrow. So husband, we face off once again." She teased

"No, I will not have you upset. Reina, it isn't good for LJ. No arguments." Levin stated.

Reina rubbed her stomach and let him rant. "Baby, are you finished. Your wolf feels better now?" she asked.

"They are going away for the weekend. He's taking her to the cabin, because Levin they need to talk." She explained." That is what we will explain to them both tomorrow. I want nieces and nephews. Our son needs cousins, and they are dragging their feet. So to settle this, I've demanded that he takes her there they need to talk this out."

"Wait, how did you pull this off.?" Levin asked, not really surprised because his mate could be convincing when she wanted too.

Reina laughed, "Um, I told my brother, I'm banning him from seeing LJ."

Levin laughed, and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her tenderly thanking Luna for bringing this beautiful young woman into his life. Here he was at fifty-four, and he'd just started living. This beautiful woman gave him back a reason to go on.

*****

Margaret could not sleep. She had a meeting with Lakota the next morning and she knew he was furious. He had every right to be. After lying awake for hours, she was finally able to doze.

The next morning Margaret dressed and arrived at her office early. Levin came in with Reina. The two women embraced and Reina assured Margaret that they'd settle this issue. Around nine, Lakota arrived and was escorted to the conference room. As soon as he entered, his eyes landed on her. She was magnificent. Her dark hair was twisted in a tight bun, and he hated it. Her hair should be free, flowing over her shoulders. She was talking with Levin, and he could see that she had not slept. His wolf was agitated, but he subjugated the animal.

"Lakota, please come in and sit down," Levin invited. Several members of the board were present, and Margaret began to speak.

"Lakota, gentleman, I must apologize. There is no issue with our account, and I apologize for alerting you needlessly." The board members looked around and mumbled. Lakota listened and heard someone say she should be removed from her office. Another agreed, and they would call a meeting later.

Lakota became irritated. No one would remove her from anything, especially her own company. So he spoke. "Mrs. Kent, my attorney explained the mistake to me last night, and I accept your apology. I do have a matter we need to discuss, if you all don't mind." He addressed the entire group.

"Well, Mr. Gaines, let me thank you for being so understanding, and I too apologize for the mix up. Margaret, we will meet later today to discuss this." the gentleman addressed her. Lakota held back a growl. No one had the right to address her that today and that man was lucky he didn't rip his head off.

Margaret, simply nodded as her parlor became paler. His wolf growled, because his mate was ill.

"Thank you gentlemen, I'll have Natasha set it up." Margaret replied graciously.

The men left leaving Lakota, Reina, and Levin alone with Margaret. Levin looked at his friend, and he knew something was wrong. He inhaled and could scent the illness that had taken hold of her small frame. Margaret sat down. Lately she felt so tired, and could not figure out why.

"Margaret, are you well?" Levin asked, already knowing the answer. Love, we need to get her to a hospital. he sent to his mate.

I'll take her. Lakota growled. Margaret was searching her desk for something, unaware of the conversation her friends were having. Finally Reina spoke, "Margaret, are you feeling well? Do you need to see a doctor?" she asked

Margaret eyes flew to the younger woman,. "I'm just a bit tired Reina, I'll be fine. She tried to stand and felt ill.

Lakota's wolf took over. "No you are ill and I will care for you. Once you are better we can deal with whatever else is wrong."

Margaret looked at her mate, and simply nodded. Levin was on the phone and then he spoke. "Margaret, I called Dr. Smith, she said come on in. " He moved to help her stand. "Reina, will you come with us?" He asked his mate, not leaving her alone so close to the birth of his son.

Lakota spoke, "No we take her in my car. Let's go." Margaret gathered her purse and the four left her office. Levin informed Natasha that she'd be out the rest of the day. Lakota's driver had them at her clinic in mere minutes.

They walked her in and she was taken straight back. The nurse asked that only one person go back, and Levin and Reina allowed Lakota to go. The nurse took her vitals and they waited for her Doctor. Dr. Smith came in and examined her. Lakota watched. Soon she finished and spoke. "Margaret, your blood pressure is too high. You need to take a break. I know you are CEO of you company, but it's not good for you. You need to delegate."

"Dr. Smith, I promised my daughter that I would run this company in her absence. I can't just..." her head began swim.

Dr. Smith made an announcement. "I'm admitting you to the hospital." Margaret wanted to argue, but she felt too bad. What made it worse was that Lakota got to see her at her weakest. She left to make arrangements to admit her in the hospital.

Lakota watched her and cursed himself. He should not have ignored her. He put his mate at risk because of his own arrogance. Reina was right, he was an ass. Well, that was about to change. If his mate would not care for herself, then he'd care for her.

Margaret looked away. She hated appearing weak before him. He would not want her if she was weak. An alpha's mate had to be string. He won't want me now. He will find someone else, she thought. Lakota took her chin and made her face him. "Margaret, you will be alright. I'll make sure of it. I won't leave your side."

Her breath caught and she couldn't speak. All she could do was look in his eyes and dream of him.

Dr. Smith came back and instructed Margaret to go to admissions. They would keep her for a few hours. If her blood pressure leveled out, she could be home tonight. They left the office and Lakota explained to Levin and Reina what was going on. He then took his mate to the hospital. She was admitted and given a room. Lakota never left her side. The nurses came in and checked her and she was told to rest. She couldn't because she needed to say something to him.

As soon as they were alone, Margaret spoke. "Lakota, I'm sorry about what happened last year. I could have called like you said, but I just didn't take the time too." She took a deep breath, "Can you forgive me?" She asked.

He looked at her and smiled, "Always Margaret, but I owe you an apology. I had no right to try and chastise you. And to make it worst I've spent seven months ignoring you. Like it or not, you are mine. Margaret and I won't live without you."

His possessive tone caused her to stiffen. Oscar was the same way when she was younger. At first, she thought it was wonderful, but in the end she lost who she was. She'd spent the past two years fighting to gain back her independence. She could not let a man become her all and all once more.

Lakota watched the play of emotions on her face. Levin often mentioned her late husband, but he never talked to her about him. "Margaret, when you are released, I want us to spend some time alone to talk. I need to know about him. Will you tell me?" he asked.

Margaret looked deep into his eyes and nodded. Lakota then kissed her forehead and she felt safe and loved. Reina knocked and she and Levin entered.

"Margaret, I called Julianne. I told her what happened, and she and BJ will be here shortly." He explained.

"No Levin, I'm fine. She has the children and it's too much..." Lakota silenced her. "if she learns of this and he had not called, it would upset her more. You are her mother. Let her come to check on you."

Margaret wanted to argue, but he smiled and for a second, she forgot what she was angry about. Reina stood and started to rub her back. Margret noticed and said, "Reina are you having contractions?"

"Reina replied, "No, just some back pain." Levin was on high alert.

"Levin, you're already at a hospital. All they'll have to do is take her to delivery. She'll be fine." Margaret teased her friend. Reina started to laugh when another pain hit.

"Oh boy, either your son is ticked off, or he's about to be born." She groaned and her mate almost flipped.

"Oh God, oh God, we're not at the compound." Levin chanted.

"Um let me call and get someone to get you there, soon Reina was about to speak when water splattered to the floor."

"Um baby, big brother. That won't happen." She whispered.

Levin lost it. Lakota was on edge and Margaret calmly pressed the nurse button. Her nurse came in and took in the scene. Within a few minutes, Reina was rushed to maternity and prepped for delivery. Fortunately the pack had members that worked at the hospital, and two of their nurses were on her delivery team.

Lakota wanted to stay with his sister, but he needed to be with his mate. He was about to leave. Reina, wailed, and grabbed his hand and Levin's. He decided to calm her down and took on the role of big brother.

Soon the doctor came and ordered him out, and only Levin could remain. Thirty minutes later Levin Martin, Jr. entered the world screaming at its injustices. Levin cut the cord and held his son for the first time. Reina was prepped and moved to her room for the night, and the baby was taken to the nursery.

Levin walked to Margaret's room to share his great news and was happy to see that BJ and Julianne had arrived. They both congratulated her uncle and Julianne went to meet her new cousin. The nurse had just placed LJ in her arms when Julianne walked in. Reina was very protective of her son, and would not allow anyone to hold him, so Julianne simply looked at him and admired his beauty.

She then returned to her mother's room because the doctor was supposed to come and see if she could be released.

Dr. Smith checked Margaret's chart and decided to let her go home. She wanted her to take a pill to control her blood pressure and she needed to come back to her office in three days. Margaret agreed and her daughter prepared to take her home. They rode with Lakota and soon realized they were not going to the mother's house.

Lakota explained that they would stay at Wildwood, where Margaret could rest and not worry about doing anything. Julianne looked at her mother, and noticed that she was not arguing with him. It dawned on her that she might have been more ill than they were told.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,291 Followers