Moving On: Alexia Ch. 02

Story Info
Alexia is all grown up.
4.2k words
4.71
6.8k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hello and welcome to chapter 2. Hopefully, I'll have a short break from work soon and can focus on writing chapter three. Thank you everyone for your support of chapter one and your kind words.

I think I will write, but no promises on whether or not I'll post. This story, however has given me new breath. I don't know if it's helping me, or if I'm using it to distract myself from things I must face. Either way, it's keeping my mind occupied.

So, please, enjoy and let me know what you think. Thanks again for reading.

All characters are over 18.

*****

Chapter Two

Margaret, Lakota, and Boaz accompanied Alexia back to her apartment. She was not surprised to see men working and setting up a new security system. Frowning, she wanted to protest, but one look at her dad and she knew it was pointless. The alpha was worse than him.

"I have to go to the lab." She stated.

Boaz nodded, "Not today, you and Little Keon need rest. I'm calling Lexi."

"Daddy, I'm fine. I promise. I just need to check in." Alexia tried to explain.

Margaret spoke. "Ok, I'll go with you. Maybe I can help." She looked at Lakota who was frowning. Love, she has responsibilities.

Lakota nodded. "You two go on. I'll have someone accompany you. I want to check in with Gernick and see what they've learned about this demon."

Margaret nodded and she and Alexia prepared to leave. Alexia sighed. She hugged her father and her alpha as she and her aunt waited on their car to arrive. Bo called home.

"Lexi, it's me." he identified himself as soon as she picked up.

Bo prayed she'd be lucid. She was. "Bo, are you alright? When will you be home?"

"Soon babe. Alexia needs me to stay here with her a little while." Bo explained. "It's just for a bit and I'll be home soon, ok."

Lexi was quiet. "Is my baby alright Bo? Has someone hurt her?" She was so afraid. Lexi knew she was not well, but her husband and daughter were her heart. She wanted Alexia to come home, but she felt she shamed her daughter. That was why she went away, and now Bo was not coming back either.

Bo knew. He had to tell her the truth. "She's fine. She's having a baby, a little boy. She needs someone here to look after her, Lexi. So until I can convince her to come home. I have to stay here and protect them." Bo explained.

"A baby, my little Alexia is having a baby." Lexi sighed with awe. Then she remembered years earlier when she had complications and lost her first child. Fear griped her.

"Bo, is she gonna lose... I mean. She needs to come home. She needs the pack." Lexi sighed, "Bo bring them home."

Bo sighed, "I'll try. I promise."

"Who is this? Why do you keep calling me?" Lexi yelled as once again she faded. One of the wolves took the phone and assured Bo that she was being taken care of. Bo hang up but could not help the sadness that enveloped his soul. Lakota watched. He knew and understood Bo's pain. He also knew that this could be fixed, all Bo had to do was agree to become a wolf. One bite and he and Lexi would never have another moment's pain. He sighed, he also knew Bo would never agree. He had Alexia to worry about.

Meanwhile, Alexia arrived at the lab. The assistants were recording data. She introduced Margaret as her aunt, and gave her a brief tour. Margaret was impressed. The advances Alexia made in human medicine was remarkable. She had actually found a treatment that would help her mother if the government approved it. Margaret sighed. Lexi could be healed without government interference, if only she and Bo would agree.

"Momma and daddy will say no. They are human, Aunt Margaret, and plan on staying human." Alexia said out loud.

Margaret smiled, "Girl, you can hear my thoughts now?" She teased.

Alexia sighed, "No, but I know my parents. If this isn't approved, I'm asking daddy to agree to the change. I'd rather have them here with me as wolves that to lose..." Alexia choked.

Margaret hugged her, rubbing her back gently. "Alexia, they both love you so much. Let's present this medicine and we'll go from there." She sighed. Alexia relaxed

"Hey, Alexia, I got a call that you were in the hospital. Are you alright?" a frazzled young man asked rushing into her office.

Alexia smiled, "Randall, I'm fine. My uncle is overprotective and I didn't tell him about Keon. He freaked and Lacy and I ended up in the emergency room."

"We're fine." Alexia replied. Margaret cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, Randall, this is my Aunt Margaret. Aunt Margaret, this is one of my oldest friends, Randall Braxton."

Margaret shook his hand and smiled. He was a nice young man, too bad he was not for Alexia. She had a feeling that the fates had some different planned for him.

He looked around, "Wait, where's Lacy?"

Alexia looked sad. "She was hurt. She had surgery this morning. Apparently when we were attacked, she kept her injuries hidden."

Her friend looked upset. He didn't like hearing that. He liked Alexia, but Lacy was special to him. Often when they worked late, she'd sit with him and talk. She wasn't a big talker and most women never noticed him, but Lacy did. When he learned about the attack, he wanted to kill the men that hurt them. Lacy never told him what happened, but he knew something wasn't right. He prayed it wasn't serious. It seemed to be worse than he thought. Randal swallowed, "Are you and the baby, alright?"

Alexia nodded.

He was not convinced, "Are you sure?" He asked.

"We're fine. Lacy will be OK too now." Alexia whispered, hugging her friend.

Margaret watched. "Alexia, I'm going to go sit. Finish working, I'll be here." She offered. Randall stopped talking, and looked at Alexia carefully. "Shouldn't you be home. I mean you just left the hospital. I want to go see Lacy. Do you think she'd want to see me?"

Alexia smiled, "She'll be ticked off if you don't see her. She's at St. Richard's room 435. Tell her I'll be back later, ok." Randall nodded, and quickly left. He had to see Lacy for himself. He had very few friends, and Alexia and Lacy were among the few.

"You know the vampires will not want him near her." Margaret stated.

Alexia sighed, "Aunt Margaret, other than me, he's the only other person Lacy trust. Besides, I've never seen him connect to someone the way he does with Lacy. They have to let him see her."

Margaret nodded, and sent a message to her mate.

Love, Lacy has a friend on his way to see her. Inform Gernick and Dermic to let him visiting. Margaret sent.

Lakota groaned, You know they won't like this.

Margaret sighed, He needs to see her.

Lakota called Gernick and relayed Margaret's message.

Gernick was fine. He could visit. A human visitor was the least of their worries.

Lacy waited on the doctor. She should be dismissed soon. To her delight, the door opened and a surprise visitor entered. "Randal, what are you doing here?" Lacy gasped.

Francine was surprised. This was the most animated Lacy had been throughout this entire ideal. The young man hugged her and simply sat beside her bed. He gently held her hand. His eyes never left her face. Francine knew. When this young man learned the truth, they'd have another furious male to deal with.

Dermic and Gernick entered. Taking in the scene before them, Dermic cleared his throat. Lacy swallowed nervously and quietly introduced her friend. Dermic reached for his hand, but snatched away. Gernick froze. Then and only then did Lacy notice the power emanating from her friend.

"Randal, what?" Lacy asked, concerned with her friend's strange behavior. Randalstood.

"Give me his name, Lacy. I want to know who hurt you. I will make him regret ever harming you." Randal rasped.

Lacy looked nervous. Randal softened his stance. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to frighten you. It's just that you're my best friend, and someone hurt you. He has to be caught Lacy, and I want to help."

Lacy began to breathe as the energy faded. Gernick and Dermic stood back. Lacy looked away. "I don't know his name. I don't know where he is or anything about him. I just know he hurt me." She began to sob softly. Randal took her hands, and kissed her knuckles.

"He will get what he deserves," Randal whispered. "I promised."

Lacy smiled, "OK." She believed him. Randal never told her a lie and she had no reason to doubt him now.

"Randall, the doctor is here. Let's step outside," Dermic whispered.

Once the men entered the hall, both vampires faced the young man. "What are you?" They demanded.

Randal sighed, "I'm no one. But I will be this demon's worse nightmare."

He stood and walked to the window. I knew something wasn't right. She never said what happened. I knew something was wrong. J failed her. I failed her. He will be stopped. He touched the one that belongs to me. His life is forfeit. Randall castigated himself.

"Randall?" Lacy questioned.

Randall looked at her. He forced himself to calm and smiled. "I'm sorry, Lace. You're my best friend. I just wish you'd told me."

Gernick and Dermic shared a look. Randal was not what he appeared to be, and they needed to know what he was exactly. They already had one demon to destroy, and they hoped that Randal was some other creature. Dermic, especially , because he would never agree to allow anyone in his family to join a demon.

*****

Alexia stayed a little longer than she planned. Realizing that her aunt was with her, Alexia decided to head home. Before she left, she called to check on Lacy. Lacy was being discharged and Dermic and Francine were taking her home with them. They were assigning new vampires to guard her.

"Aunt Margaret, I know it's late, but Lacy is leaving tomorrow. I want to see her before she leaves." Alexia explained.

"Of course, let's go." Margaret agreed.

Love, where are the two of you? Lakota sent.

Margaret smiled, "Your uncle thinks we need a babysitter."

Alexia smiled. "Tell Uncle Lakota, you'll be back with him as soon as we see Lacy."

Margaret answered her overprotective mate, and then they went back to the hospital.

"Hey Lacy, I hear you're about to leave me and head back home." Alexia accused, trying to not appear sad.

Lacy looked at her aunt and smiled. "It's just until I'm better. I'll be back."

"She's right. As long as she isn't here, the guy that hurt her can't get near her. So, until he's caught, Lacy goes home." Randal interjected.

Alexia was taken aback. When did Randal start making decisions concerning her friend? She looked at Lacy who looked as shocked as she felt.

"Okay then, you'll call before you go, right?" Alexia asked.

Lacy hugged her friend, "Of course, now you and Keon, go home rest."

"Okay," Alexia replied. "Randall, do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm good. I'll see you tomorrow at the lab okay." Randal replied.

Alexia smiled, "First thing. You have to tell me what's going on." She teased.

Alexia returned to her apartment. She was not alone. Her dad made himself at home on her sofa. Lakota was waiting for her and Margaret to return before traveling to their hotel. Also, new guards were posted around her building.

"Uncle Lakota, this is too much. I'm not in danger." Alexia tried to protest.

Lakota paused. "Ok, come back to Wildwood, and we can reduce the guards. I have a team investigating and they will find the man that attacked you. For some reason, I don't think it was the man that was killed. But, until we know for sure, you will be guarded."

Alexia knew she would not win this argument, so she smiled and simply hugged her uncle. He was a wolf, an alpha, touch would help calm him, and she knew he needed to know she was okay. "My research, I'm so close. Let me present this next month and I promise, I'll come home."

Lakota sighed, "Just so you know, I am holding you to that promise. But from this point on, a pack member will be here with you."

"Alexia, you need to eat and rest." Bo called.

Lakota and Margaret faced him and nodded. They'd leave for now. "Daddy, thank you. You spoil me."

Bo sat. He watched Alexia eat, and was apprehensive, but she'd never know. Years ago, he almost lost Lexi when she was pregnant with their first child. If something went wrong with Alexia he didn't think he could handle it. She was his baby. She and Lexi were his world.

*****

Lacy spent her first day at home in her room. She just needed time. Although she told her aunt what happened to her was alright, she was not sure about how she felt with the news. She would never have a son or daughter of her own. In a few months, Alexia would be bringing home her little boy, yet she'd never have that experience.

Just as her doldrums began to set in, someone knocked.

"Lacy, we need you to join us in the office. Mr. Valdemore wants to address all of us." Tim, Uncle Dermic's most trusted servant, informed her.

Lacy nodded, and dressed quickly. She entered the office, and the room was full. All eyes were on her. She could feel their questions. She was overpowered and raped. Most females never allowed themselves to be overthrown. She should have known better.

Lacy sat, and dropped her head. She wasn't alone long, because right next to her sat three other young women. They did not speak, but simply reached out and took her hands. Lacy refused to allow one tear to drop. She would not cry in front of this nest of vampires.

Dermic cleared his throat.

"I won't keep you long. I want to inform you of some changes. You know we are linked to the wolves. They are ours to protect, but we must be mindful and protect our own as well. There are very few creatures that can outwit, or outmaneuver a vampire. But sadly in my niece's case this is what happened." Dermic stopped for a moment. He let his words sink in.

"Demons are vicious creatures. Those who are true servants of their master Bilal have no regard for anything decent. But not all demons are this way. Some simply want to coexist, while others seek to join our ranks. I need you to hear this, especially you, Lacy. I will never agree to allow a demon to enter this clan." Lacy was quiet. Her uncle's decree bothered her, but she was not sure why.

Dermic wasn't sure if Randal was demon, but he was something. He was something very powerful. The only other creatures that could rival a demon were angels. He'd never met an angel but he was certain they would not look like the man that took an interest in his niece. Until he knew for certain what kind of other Randal was, Lacy would stay away from him.

*****

Meanwhile, Randal was called in by his leaders. He already suspected that they wanted words about his concern for Lacy. Creatures like him were not supposed to find mates, but maybe, just maybe he was lucky.

"Randallem, come in. He's waiting." Arc explained.

Randal never got over how domineering the arch angels were in this domain. He entered, and quietly stood before the thrown of his creator.

"Randal, you were not created for this. The girl is off limits. You are to watch, not get involved." He explained.

"Father, I disagree. How do you expect me not to get involved when evil abounds? A demon attacked her. He could have killed her. I..." Randal tried to explain.

"If I allow this, you will no longer be one of the chosen. You will become human. She is not human, and may reject you." He paused. "If she does, you will live out the remainder of your days as a man."

Randal shook. For centuries he served. Bowing and worshiping his maker. Now, when mercy was needed most, he would be relegated to becoming a mortal. As a mortal, he would not stand a chance against a demon. But, if he refused to become human, he had to let Lacy go.

"I can't guard her as a man. The demon lives." Randal whispered sadly.

His maker sighed. "Randallem, you can protect and guide her. When the right male comes along, you can make sure she is loved the way she should be. You were created to serve, not get involved."

"Yes sir," Randal whispered. However, his creator knew it was much deeper than simple compliance.

"I will intervene with the demon, but I want you to think about this, Randallem. She is vampire. Her family may not approve even if you become human. I know her uncle" The creator sighed, "He'll never agree to allow an angel into their clan. You have six months. Come back to me and let me know your final decision. Go." He explained.

Randal looked hopeful. "What are you saying?" he asked nervously.

"Go, find her. Let her know your true intentions. I will deal with the demon. He is no longer a threat." The creator of all explained. In a huge flash of light, Randal awoke in pain. His neighbor had called an ambulance, and he was being rushed to the hospital.

Alexia was arriving at the office when the director called. Apparently, Randal had a mild heart attack, and was in the hospital. Not wasting a moment, Alexi and Margaret went to the hospital. The vampire guards alerted Dermic and Francine. Lacy overheard and wanted to go see her friend.

Alexia was sitting and talking with Randal when Lacy rushed in. Randal smiled. "So, all a guy has to do is have a heart attack to get you to notice him, huh?" He teased.

Alexia realized she was forgotten, and slowly exited giving the two of them privacy.

Lacy sat beside his bed. "That was no heart attack. What happened to you? You seem different?" she asked.

"My father granted me a reprieve. You see, I needed time to convince this girl..." He looked away.

Lacy took a deep breath. "Oh, Alexia, right. Let me get her for you." She turned to walk away, heart hurting.

"Lacy, stop." Randal called. "Please, this isn't about Alexia. It's never been about Alexia. It's you."

Lacy stopped. She was afraid. If she turned and he was joking, she'd die.

"Lacy, look at me, please. Turn around and look at me." Randal pleaded.

"I can't. I'm afraid." She whispered.

"Why?" Randal asked. "Have I ever lied to you?"

"No, but, I'm not Alexia. She's smart, beautiful, and everyone loves her. She would be perfect for you." Lacy whispered. "With her you can have a family, find the cure of diseases and save the world. I'm nobody."

At this point, Randal was out of his bed. His monitors were beeping like crazy. His chest felt as if it was on fire, but he had to touch her. She had to see herself the way he saw her.

Turning her to face him Randal whispered.

"I gave up eternity for the chance to be with the woman I love. I was not created to fall in love, but I have." Lifting her chin and looking deep into her eyes, Randal continued.

"Randal, I'm not good for you..." Lacy started to say when he placed his finger on her lip silencing her.

"My kind and your kind never meet, but fates do things differently. My father agreed and he freed me of my heavenly obligations and told me to take a chance on true love. I came back here because the only woman I have ever wanted is you, Lacy. Please, don't walk away from me."

"My Uncle may not approve." Lydia explained.

Randal smiled, "Baby, we're grown. We don't need his approval. Besides, I have it on good authority that in the end he wants you to be happy. I want to be the man to make you happy.

For the first time since this nightmare began, Lacy smiled. "Ok."

*****

Alexia arrived at her office and was not surprised to see members of both the local pack and her family pack present. She smiled, and went about her day.

Alpha Lakota and Madam Alpha Margaret came to the lab. Lakota was impressed. His little Alexia was not only beautiful, but brilliant. They were headed home, but Boaz wanted to stay a bit longer. Lakota agreed, but as soon as this presentation was done, he wanted Alexia back at Wildwood. He was not completely sure her attacker was secured and he was not comfortable leaving her out here longer than necessary. Boaz was also uneasy at leaving Alexia on her own. She was traveling to DC in a week and he would accompany his daughter. She and his grandson would be protected.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12