Mr. Lewis Ch. 03

Story Info
Danica seals her own fate.
7.6k words
4.6
21.6k
29

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/02/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Last Nail to the Coffin

"Fucking pneumonia," I coughed as I cut off the engine to my SRX. I wasn't supposed to be at school yet, but I didn't care. The doctor and his rules could suck it. Today was presentation day and I wasn't going to miss it.

I walked into seventh hour and the class went absolutely still, except for Erin, of course. She was bouncing up and down in her seat.

"Danica! You're sick! What are you doing here?"

"I'm not gonna make you present by yourself just because I have a temporary ailment. I'll be fine."

"Shit, if I could get out of my presentation, I would," some guy with dreads said. He looked at me as if judging my mental health. I guess I couldn't blame him, I was a walking corpse.

My hair had lost its luster, my skin had paled significantly; my lips, that used to be a proud pink, were more of a dusty rose color. I looked an inch from death, but I didn't feel it. To be honest, I felt better today than I had for the past two weeks; I didn't know if it was because I was finally getting the chance to see Ryan again, or if it was the exhilaration of presenting one of the best projects I'd ever had the privilege to work on.

Ryan finally came into the room and I about spontaneously combusted. I hadn't seen him in two weeks and he looked amazing, even accounting for the haunted look in his eyes. He wore a cardigan with a striped button up shirt under it with blue jeans that made his legs and butt look sinful. I don't know what it was about his shoes, but the way they shined made me want him even more. My insides ached upon remembering that he didn't want me.

Ryan still hadn't seen me by the time he arrived to his desk. He started to rummage through his bag and I was grateful; at least I could gawk for a little longer. "Alright, Erin," he said, clapping his hands together. "It's all you today."

"Actually," Erin began, "Dani's here to present with me."

Ryan's head shot up out of his bag and his eyes darted to where I sat. Several emotions flitted across his face until the final one took hold: disapproval.

"Danica Matthews. You have pneumonia. What on earth are you doing here?"

"It's not even full-blown pneumonia," I coughed before carrying on. "You and I both know I wasn't going to miss today. And I didn't see it as fair for Erin to present by herself."

He shook his head. "Erin, would you mind getting set up for the presentation while I have a quick word with Miss Matthews?"

I rose out of my seat and left the room. My head spun a little, but I tried to play it off. Ryan was right behind me and closed the door after him. He looked around the hall before rounding on me.

"For pity's sake, Danica!" he whispered harshly. "You look like death on feet. Why would you do this? Do your parents know you're here? How are you feeling?" he asked, putting the back of his hand against my head. The contact sent a jolt through me.

"One question at a time, Ryan, geez. I feel better than I look, and like I said, you knew I wasn't going to miss this. I've been looking forward to this project for weeks. Erin has been working hard too."

"But you still didn't have to come."

"Yes, I did."

Ryan shook his head. "Danica Lynn. I could kill you."

"You might as well had," I mumbled.

He gasped. "Don't say that."

I shrugged.

"Do your parents know you're here?"

"No. They went to Majorca for their anniversary."

"So you've been home...alone...with pneumonia?" he looked angry.

I didn't know why he cared. He was the one that left me. "I had to basically push them out the door. They blame themselves for me being sick—something about my body not being used to Illinois weather then they drug me off to the Keys. But whatever, I'm not really alone, per se. Cori spends most nights with me and Dustin has been a really big help."

Ryan recoiled his hand from my face. "Dustin."

"Yeah."

"He's been staying the night with you."

"And weekends," I threw in just to get a rise out of him. It worked.

"You've been fucking him when you've been sick?"

"No! God, is that what you think of me?"

"No, Dani," he sighed before continuing, "if you were, I deserve it. Look, we can't do this right now," he said running his hands through his hair. "You're going straight home after this presentation, you got it?"

"You know, you can't tell me what to do. I'm not your...." I couldn't bring myself to say the words. The pain was still too real. "You can't tell me what to do."

Ryan's jaw went rigid as he looked me up and down. "You're going home after the presentation."

"And if I don't?"

"I'll call your doctor and parents to let them know you were in my class."

My eyes narrowed. "You're still a fucking jerk," I coughed as I reentered the room.

Everyone was busy chattering, much to my pleasure; it meant they weren't trying to listen in on our conversation.

"Well, Erin, you have a very headstrong and persistent partner. She'll present with you, but she's going straight back home and into bed after this presentation," Ryan said, sending a stern glance in my direction.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the slide show remote from his desk. As the PowerPoint came onto the screen I flipped into "history mode", and I reveled in it. The words flowed effortlessly from my mouth, and I commanded the attention of the room, even in my weakened state. About half an hour later it was my turn to give the conclusion, and I did so with gusto. I loved to give the conclusion on presentations, especially when the ending was dramatic like the one I planned.

I pressed a button on the remote and the sound of an erupting volcano played over the speakers. The class gasped and jumped and I smiled before continuing. "Just like that, everything and everyone you ever loved was gone. There was no more thriving metropolis, no more rich culture; the city of Pompeii was destroyed by forces outside of anyone's control."

In that moment, I saw Ryan and my relationship for what it was: the city of Pompeii. There was work, time, and effort put into making the city what it was, it wasn't perfect, but it was loved; and, just when things were starting to look up, an unexpected tragedy struck—the volcano and me being summoned back to my hometown were one in the same. But would Ryan and I end up like Pompeii for good? Would the ashes ever rise off of our relationship, giving us the chance to be something great?

The class applauded as I placed the clicker back on Ryan's desk, carefully avoiding his eye contact. If I looked at him now, I knew I would lose it.

"Well, ladies. I said that your presentation would be perfect, and I was right. I usually am." Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could tell he was smirking. "Miss Matthews, you presented as if you hadn't been ill for the last two weeks. Outstanding. Now, get out of my classroom," he said, a smile evident in his voice.

"Yeah, yeah," I said, gathering my backpack.

"Thank you, Dani," Erin said, smiling as she moved to give me a hug.

I moved out of the way. "I'm not sure how contagious I am," I said, smiling back at the girl.

She nodded. "Right, yeah. I forgot."

"And you should probably disinfect that clicker," I said before leaving the room.

I cried as I drove home. I cried during the bath I took later that day, and I cried myself to sleep in the early evening. I didn't realize how much I actually missed Ryan until I was in his company. I was dumb to go to school that day, not only because of my physical health, but because of my emotional health. I was still in love with Ryan, and I feared that there was no changing that...ever.

My eyes opened around seven that night to find Ryan sitting on the end of my bed. I shut my eyes right away.

"No. No more dreams. I can't take it." I had to be dreaming; there was no way Ryan Lewis was in my bedroom.

"Danica," Ryan sounded worried, "you're not dreaming."

I took a moment to process his words. They didn't fit right in my head. "I'm not...dreaming?"

He shook his head. "No."

"Then why are you here?"

"I brought you dinner. I texted you but you didn't answer, so I let myself in."

"Dinner?"

"A combo thing from Panera. I remember you liked the tuna sandwich and the Caesar salad."

I shook my head. "No. I'm not hungry."

"You're going to eat. Cori told me you barely eat anything she makes you."

"Quit bossing me around!"

"I will, after you eat."

I snatched the Panera bag from Ryan and held it in my lap. "When did you talk to Cori?"

"After school. She came to see if I could talk some sense into you."

I huffed. "Well it's nice to know you guys are conspiring against me behind my back."

"Against you? Making sure you eat would be more along the lines of conspiring for you, Danica."

"Okay. I got my food, you can leave now."

"Sure can't. I'm gonna sit here until you eat every bite."

"Oh for fuck's sake! I don't like the taste of food yet, Ryan." That was a half-truth. Maybe if I actually tried to eat, I would be able to tell if I could stomach food or not.

"You don't have to like it, you just have to eat it."

"Well, I'm not ready to eat yet. I just woke up." I ignored the exasperated look he gave me as I rolled out of the bed. "And I have to pee."

I took my time in the bathroom, hoping that some space from Ryan would help me calm down. I threw water on my face and neck, pinched my cheeks so that my skin wouldn't look so dull, and pulled a comb through my hair; it helped me feel more human even if I didn't look it. When I went back to my bedroom, Ryan sat in the same position on my bed, his face tight.

"What?"

"You wear things like that when Dustin is over here?"

I looked down at my cropped jersey and lacy boy short underwear and shrugged. "You know, for being the one that ended our relationship, you're pretty interested in who I'm fucking and what I wear before fucking them."

Ryan stood up and crossed the room faster than I would have thought possible. "You already told me you weren't having sex with Dustin."

"Shit. You have a point," I coughed as I trudged back to my bed to pick up the Panera bag.

"Why do you like playing games with me, Danica? This isn't funny."

"I feel it's only fair."

"Fair, how?"

"Oh, I don't know. You took my virginity then when things didn't go according to the plan, you dropped me like a bad habit," I said before stuffing a bite of salad in my mouth. It was quite tasty and made me realize I really was hungry.

"You're being immature about this."

I shrugged. "I'm eighteen. Sue me."

"Sometimes you make me want to beat the shit out of you, Danica."

The fork that held my next bite of salad fell onto my bedspread as I gasped. "What?"

"You heard me."

"You wouldn't hit me."

"Yes the fuck I would. Especially now with your pissy attitude and barely there clothes. I would haul you right across my lap and slap that plump ass of yours until you liked it."

Everything south of my waistline clenched. "I didn't mean that type of hitting."

"But I did."

I scoffed, but most of the derision was lost due to my excitement. "You gonna talk down to me and make me call you 'Sir' too?"

He shook his head. "I'm not into that."

"But you're into spanking women. How many women have you spanked, Ryan?"

"Eat your food, Danica."

"I think I'll wait, actually.

Ryan let out a sound that was in between a growl and a sigh as he moved to sit on the couch.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting the hell away from you. I didn't come here to fight; I want to make sure you're eating."

"Well, you saw me eat some salad."

"That's not eating."

"Did I say I was fucking finished?" I ground out, my temper rising with Ryan's persistence and bossiness.

Ryan laughed. "Oh, Danica. You're playing with fire, honey."

"Can't tell," I muttered.

"What was that?"

"I said, I. Can't. Tell." I was lying. The fire he spoke of was evident in his eyes and posture. The heat was so intense I knew it would overtake me if I let it.

"Eat your food. We'll talk when you've finished."

I cocked my head to the side and frowned. I had no clue what his game was, besides making me eat, but I did as he said because I really was starving. When I finished the entire meal, took my meds, and downed a few glasses of water, Ryan began to speak.

"You got an 'A' on your presentation."

"Of course I did."

"Erin really liked working with you."

"Is that what you came here to talk to me about?"

"No."

"So why don't you just get to it?"

"Why are you being so abrasive with me?"

"You fucked and dumped me, Ryan. Did you expect me to do anything different?"

"Quit making it seem like that's all I wanted you for, we both know that's not true."

"You know that isn't true."

"If that heinous accusation were true, I wouldn't be here right now. We were together for a short time, but that doesn't mean it was all about sex."

"You were so cruel when you dumped me."

"I had to be—I have to be. You weren't so nice yourself."

I cringed. He was right. I was hateful and mean, but I felt he deserved it. "I told you how I really felt about you and you blew me off."

"What could I say to have made it better? Me loving you back gets us nowhere. We're still teacher and student."

"I told you I would've dropped your stupid class."

"You just did the exact thing you accused me of ten seconds ago."

"What?"

"I told you that I love you and you totally disregarded what I said."

"No."

"No, what?"

"You don't love me."

Ryan shook his head. "Believe what you want."

"If you love me, why would you hurt me so much?"

"This isn't just about you, Danica! Do you think I wanted to leave you? Do you think I want to see you sitting in my classroom five days a week for fifty minutes a day and not be able to touch you? Do you think I like seeing the pain in your eyes when I'm forced to withdraw from you because it could get both of us in trouble? The day we broke up, I watched you walk out of my classroom...I saw you go outside and sink into the ground and I knew that I had broken you. Do you think I like seeing that scene over and over in my head? It brings me to tears every damn time! And now you have pneumonia, which was basically my fault, too. You were crouched in that snow for God knows how long. I should've came down to you, but I couldn't. I had to stick to the decision I made for both of our sakes; so, don't tell me I don't love you. Don't try and tell me that I don't care and that I was in it just for the sex. If that was the case, I would have continued to fuck you in secret, dumped you when you graduated, and moved on."

I wasn't sure if it was because he was yelling at me, the fact that I was sick, or the medication I took, but my hand collided with the side of Ryan's face. It only took him about two seconds to pull me over the arm of my couch and expose my butt. I tried to get away, but I was trapped between his body and the couch.

I waited for him to hit me, but the blows never came. "Go ahead. Just do it. You've already started."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Just tell me."

He sighed. "Danica, don't make me say it. Admitting it will only make things worse."

"Fine. I guess I'll see you in class tomorrow, then."

"You...you. No! You're still ill."

"Yes, well," I shrugged.

Ryan's hand clenched over my exposed skin. "Danica, I'm not going to spank you because I know you'd like it; and when you become wet, I'll have to have sex with you. We cannot have sex, Danica. Neither one of us needs that."

"I do." And I honestly did.

I needed to be close to Ryan again, to feel his skin against mine; I needed to feel something besides the damp darkness that my life turned to once our relationship ended. My body and soul ached for him. I needed Ryan Andrew Lewis now more than ever.

"You don't know what you're saying. No matter if I have sex with you tonight or not, we still can't be together."

"I know, Ryan. I know. I just...I just need you. Please."

Ryan's hands began to caress my butt, but I knew the battle wasn't won yet.

"Danica," he ground out my name as indecision made itself known in his voice.

I wiggled my butt. "Please."

"You're sick, Dani."

"Recovering."

"Dani," Ryan groaned as he slid a finger into me. "Why do you do this to me? It's like a damn spell when you use that voice and beg me...I can't say 'no'," he said, working his finger in and out of me, making us moan in unison. I was going to tell him to quit teasing me until he retracted his finger and delivered a hearty smack to my left butt cheek.

SMACK! To the right cheek.

SMACK! To the left again.

He kept up the punishing rhythm until my sex was practically weeping. He was right... I did enjoy the spanking. Ryan knew my body better than I did, and it made my flesh heat in expectation. He stuck two fingers inside me without warning. "So wet." Ryan whispered while unzipping his pants. "Take your shirt off."

I did as he asked and lay back across the couch. "Take yours off."

He chuckled, but did as I said.

I soon felt the warmth of his chest against my back, making me sigh in contentment. I knew this moment wouldn't last, but I still needed it.

"Turn over and sit."

"Sit where?" I asked. There were too many places to sit.

"Right here," he said, patting the arm of the couch where I was just lying.

I turned around and was rewarded with a full frontal view of Ryan Lewis's body. All I could do was stare, and he let me. He finally knelt down in front of me, and I knew exactly what he was planning to do.

"What? No!"

"If we're going to do this, we're going to do it right, Danica."

"But...."

"But, what? You want it, just let me do it." I sighed and he scooted closer. "Legs," he instructed, motioning for me to place them over his shoulders.

"Oh God, really, Ryan?"

"Do you want to start all the way over? We can do that if you want."

I huffed and did as he demanded, feeling extraordinarily naked and exposed.

"Good. Now, just like last time. Eyes on me," he said before rubbing his fingers through my sex. "You're sick, and yet you maintain the prettiest pussy I've ever seen," he whispered. His fingers moved into my folds and spread my lips apart, exposing my clit—I could've died twice over due to the way he looked at me. His eyes were greedy, hungry...carnal. Finally, he took a leisurely swipe at my sex. It was too much to watch mixed with the way he looked at me.

"Oh, come on!"

Ryan got up from where he knelt, pulling me up with him and flipped me over the arm of the couch. SMACK! His hand made contact with my butt cheek. "I thought I heard you complaining, Danica."

"No!" I lied.

SMACK!

"I mean, yes! I was!"

He turned me over and motioned for me to sit again. I did as he asked without hesitation and he murmured praise for me learning so quickly. "Legs." I immediately obeyed. "Good." His ministrations were smooth and calculated, driving my body to heights it hadn't been to since the last time he went down on me. "Are you closing your eyes, Danica?"

"Uh...um...."

"Answer me."

"I was, but they're open now."

"I'll let it slide," he said before reaching up to grab my breasts. "Only because I can't resist these. So beautiful." He took my nipples in between his fingers and rolled them, making my back bow in pleasure.

"Oh...."

My body climbed even higher...

I was on the edge...

Ryan tightened his grip on my nipples and sucked my clit, tossing me completely over the edge. Before I could come down, he had me flipped onto my stomach and was entering me from behind. He groaned as he bottomed out. Tears started to sting my eyes.

As much as I longed for Ryan and his body, I longed more for his heart and his mind—after he came, I would have none of those things. It was my own fault, really. I begged him to take me, and it was my own ignorance that led to my breakdown. I had no clue what being this close to Ryan would do to me; I didn't realize it would enflame my heart before shredding it to pieces. I hated myself for wanting him, and I hated him for letting me. He was right, of course—I had no clue what I was asking him for.