Mrs. & Miss Pt. 02

Story Info
The day the grey suit said "Hello".
4.6k words
3.81
7.1k
2
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/08/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LenaWest
LenaWest
12 Followers

We ended up back in bed, and I had my waffles brought to me, along with fresh tea. Daniel sat naked in one of the chairs that overlooked the patio--our penthouse patio really was beautiful. We loved and regularly used our 10-foot rooftop swimming pool. Dan is sitting on the chair without any boxers, I hate when he sits naked on the furniture. Telling him to get up will only ruin this beautiful moment. Daniel sat up straight and looked out the window,

"Lena, do you see that person in the building across the street? It looks like they are looking at us."

"That Lady with the telescope? I think she is just looking at the sky honey."

"How long has she been there?" Daniel asked as he closed the curtain.

"I don't know," I answered as I ate my amazing waffles, the ones Daniel had brought to bed.

"By the way where were you last night? You didn't pick up or respond back to me or Danny, and the boys have been fighting again. I wanted to talk about it last night."

Daniel got up and walked out of our bedroom naked, so unlike him. He headed towards the front of the penthouse. I was on the last few bites of my waffles when he walked back in the bedroom and headed for the shower.

"Dan, did you hear what I said about the boys fighting? My mom is grabbing the kids from school today, and I don't want them driving her crazy. You should also repack your bag before Jill leaves so she can do the dirty laundry from your suit case. My bags are already packed, and I just need to go to the drug store for a few things. I think we should sit and talk about boys when we are waiting at the airport. Did you see the package on your desk?"

"Oh, no, don't let Jill in my bag. I'll manage without those clothes," Dan shouted from the shower.

"Okay, but she can wash them today and take the rest of the week off. And where were you last night?" I waited in silence.

"I'll leave the clothes out for Jill, and I'm sure you have some things to do before we go?"

"Well, I have to go to the store and to my office for about an hour. Should I meet you here or take a car to the airport and meet you there?"

"Just meet me there. If your bags are packed leave them, and I'll take them with me and check them." He was out of the shower and standing before me all wet in his towel. Kissing me, Daniel headed to the closet to get dressed.

I typically don't push much when it comes to Dan, his work can be stressful, and our home is his happy place. I really wanted to know what happen last night and why he didn't come home, but I figured I'd ask him later at the airport.

I got dressed and took an Uber to my office. I was in and out in no time. I headed to the drug store down the street, it was only a few blocks away. As I walked I noticed a woman following me down the street. She was wearing a grey dress with a grey jacket. Her clothes were tailored. She was tall and thin, her pale white skin and bright red hair made her hard to miss. The woman stood out from the crowd and I was sure she was following me.

I know I can be overly observant and slightly neurotic, but I remembered her standing outside my office before I went in.

I tried to stop my paranoia and focus on getting to the drug store, but she followed me in. Maybe she just needed aspirin? I finally decided to turn around and speak, but she had disappeared.

My phone started ringing, it was Dan, I answered.

"Lena are you at the store yet?"

"Yes Dan, I just got here?"

"Okay, can you grab me some razors and the... ugh" there was a long silence...

"What Dan... Dan... Dan what do you need from the store?"

"I'll text you Lena"

"Dan, you're on the phone with me now, just tell me what you need."

"I need to take this call Lena. It's for work. Can I just text you...," and he hung up

I looked up to realized that I had raised my voice and most of the people in the small drug store had heard my conversation.

Did it really matter what these people thought of me? What these people think should not matter; I focus too much on what everyone else thinks. Appearances were something that I could attempt to control, of course. It is just a time-consuming distraction from the fact that I feel alone in my life. My husband tries to make me happy; I can tell that he is trying. Only, I can't remember the last time he did something for me because it was what we enjoyed doing together.

Although our marriage is new, Daniel and I have been together over 5 years. Lately, he seems to do things because he thinks it will make me happy. He does what I ask but nothing more. I can't remember the last time Daniel spent a half hour telling me how he felt about our relationship or what he feels at all.

We used to be so in love, we would spend hours just kissing and talking about our feelings. We once shared our lives, and five years later all we share is a home. We have only been married six months, but we have been together for over five years.

Lately, I feel like he is forcing me to be happy, or worse he is just trying to convince himself that he is happy with me. And I decided to stop the seemingly meaningless arguments.

I started saying things like "yes" or "okay" when I want I really wanted was to scream "NO" or "why are you so selfish?" I think my family has somehow decided that my compliance means I am enjoying the fact that they all take me for granted. They literally take and take, and then they take from me some more.

I have even been thinking of seeing a therapist. Sometimes I feel bipolar because my life keeps me somewhere between feeling lonely or feeling smothered. I don't have my own space, I don't get to pull a move like Daniel and ignore my phone, or my family. The worst part is that as a mother I am supposed to say that my family's joy is all the reward I need.

As if all that 50's house wife, gender balanced, new age, hippie, homeschool crap is real; I have bought into this way of life in the past. In the end, I just feel worse because I am only fooling myself. In the end, my family just wants to continue with their definition of happiness.

That is partially why we hired Jill: I was the only one doing housework, and no one seemed to care until it effected them directly. They took my kindness without thanks, and there is no real difference now except I don't have to do the work. Still, I don't think they notice.

Truthfully at one point I had thought about what it might be like to just leave for a week like Dan does. I have had this thought a few times in the last few weeks. Every time I caught myself smiling until I thought about the kids and Dan. I should not have to feel guilty about saying "no," or doing less for them, even though they do not appreciate me. I could never do anything so selfish.

Who would double check their homework and make sure they don't eat expired food from the back of the refrigerator. Daniel would never be able to keep an assistant. If I didn't keep up with his personal calendar, he would fire someone every week. I am unsure of who the kids might become if I just didn't come home one day. They would wear dirty clothes and only ever eat meat, potatoes and sugar.

Daniel is 20 years older than I am--why should I be surprised by where we are in our relationship? We started as a cliché, of course, and have turned into another one. Daniel had only wanted someone to have fun with and go out with on weekends when we met. Someone younger, but smart and beautiful, was what he wanted. I had originally only wanted the lifestyle that Daniel's money would provide. But then we both fell in love. Now I drink wine or smoke pot every night, and Daniel is always gone or preoccupied when he is home. It has become increasingly difficult for me to control or hide my desire to scream at my entire ungrateful family.

This is defiantly an extreme and unhealthy approach to my feelings, but I didn't know what else to do. It was the worse with Daniel. I couldn't blame the kids; they are naturally selfish. I am working with the kids every day, and the boys are getting better.

Working and being a full time mommy is tough. Danny goes to his mom's, and Lockland goes to his dad's, but they love spending time with Daniel. I need more help with the boys and had begged Dan to be less selfish. His standard response had become, "what do you want me to do?"

I'll give him credit, though, if I asked Dan to do something, he always did it with minimal complaint. And I would only have to ask once. I just did not always have time to give him the needed direction. He would say he always knew what to do at work but had zero idea what to do at home. The last two days had been a nice surprise.

When we were first married, Daniel would show off his minimal kitchen skills. Daniel owned several bars, clubs and restaurants. Over the years he had picked up a few kitchen tricks. His job was mostly the money, but he could cook a few amazing things, and he loved his family all gathered and watching in the kitchen.

I felt ungrateful for not seeing the amazingly privileged life that I had, and I was unsure if I was blowing it out of proportion. I had been happier when he wanted to win my love. I thought that maybe we should go to couples' therapy after spring break, I just didn't know how to demand that he listen and take a pro-active interest in my needs, instead of being only reactive.

Yes, I know I'm not battered, and he doesn't cheat or gamble or use drugs. Maybe I sound a bit neurotic, but a girl can dream, right?

Daniel wasn't always bad which was the most confusing part. It was almost as if he did just enough to make me stay. If he was cruel, then I would have a reason to leave, and if he were kind I would never consider leaving; it was annoying. I just wish he could be his real self with me again. I see it occasionally, but it is increasingly less these days. I wonder if he thinks the same thing about me?

As I thought about it, I was unsure if my marriage could survive the next week. It had been so long since we spent this much time alone. Maybe I should cancel and make up some work excuse. I could go wherever I wanted and ignore everyone for an entire week. Just then the woman in grey crashed into my cart.

"Oh, are you okay miss?... miss? are you okay?" she asked as I stared.

"Uh, yes, I'm fine." I had not seen her up close. The woman's beauty was captivating, and I caught myself staring at her eyes, her lips, her breasts?

"Yes, it's no problem," I said composing myself.

"No, are you sure you're okay? You just ran into me," she said. Her accent was British, I thought. "Miss, are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm great, but you ran into me," I said looking down at her beautiful heels and then to my loafers.

"Okay, well then, the least I could do is buy you a coffee, or a drink." She paused, awaiting my reply.

"Hum...." I looked down at my phone. Dan had texted his list.

"Really, it's funny, well I was just trying to..."

"Sorry, I don't really have time?" I said, "but thank you. Have a good day." I pushed through the aisle and quickly got the items on Dan's list. Heading to the register I saw that she was the last person in line. I would have to stand behind her.

"You're sure I can't offer you a free coffee from the shop across the street?" She looked directly into my eyes when she asked.

I look down at my phone and noticed I had an entire hour before needing to head for the airport. "I don't drink coffee. Maybe tea?"

We paid for our items, both of us grabbing totes instead of plastic sacks, and walked across the street. It had started to rain.

"Ugh, well I don't really want to deal with the..." before I could finish my sentence an umbrella appeared seemingly out of nowhere and large enough to shield us both.

"I tossed it in my bag today knowing there was a chance of rain," she said reaching her arm out toward me and up a bit.

I walked towards her and smiled "Well thank you." We walked close together. I tried to keep up, but she was probably six feet tall, even taller with her five-inch pumps. Her strides were long and graceful, yet she walked so quickly, she seemed to glide.

I never wear pumps, usually platforms or wedges on occasion. She looked straight out of a high fashion ad. Not that she was trying, but she made me feel frumpy. I mostly wear loafers, sandals, and short heel boots. I stepped forward to push the door open as we walked into the café. Everyone in the place looked our direction.

When I turned to look behind me, the umbrella had disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. She sat gracefully in a chair at one of the corner tables.

The café window overlooked the drugstore and the street. She quickly typed on her phone and then put it away.

My phone buzzed, a text from Daniel: "are you still at the store?"

I responded with a quick "No" and tossed my phone in my bag. When I looked up she was grinning.

"My name is Ivy, and you are?" She leaned back a bit as she said this. It made me notice her posture, and her breasts.

"Lena. I'm sorry that is so weird and unlike me not to have introduced myself earlier. I introduce myself to people all the time..." I heard myself talking and began to feel a bit embarrassed.

"Hello ladies, what can I grab for you?" the waitress appeared out of nowhere. Thank God, she looked a bit grungy and gruff, wearing a sexy lace top under a flannel shirt both showing off her full breasts. Her tight torn jeans and knee-high boots showed off her ass.

The waitress stared at Ivy; she had not even looked my direction, but really could I blame her? Even I couldn't stop staring at Ivy. She was beautiful.

"I'll have an Americano with almond milk and vanilla" Ivy said as she pulled her phone from her bag, typed quickly and put it away. The waitress took down the order, her glitter gold nail polish caught my eye. I looked up at her face and noticed her eye makeup. Vibrant and shimmering, her gold stud lip ring brought attention to her mouth. I realized I was staring, so I ordered.

"I'll have Earl Grey tea, with a splash of almond milk."

"Would you ladies like to order something to eat? We have a great..."

"Just the drinks," said Ivy with a strong controlled voice. She smiled up at the girl, who retreated back to the counter. "I was never much of a coffee drinker until I moved here," Ivy said leaning forward.

"Where is your accent from Ivy?" As I began my list of boring questions, I glanced out the window and noticed Daniel. On the sidewalk across the street, headed into the drugstore. "I'm sorry Ivy, will you give me a moment; I think I just noticed my husband across the street."

"Really? you must ask him to join us for..." Before Ivy could finish, I dialed Dan; he didn't answer. I tried again.

"You have reached the voicemail for Daniel Sutherland. Presently he is unavailable..." His assistant had set up the voicemail on his phone. She had only done it because everyone from his office complained that he didn't have a voicemail set up. She also checked the messages, a fact few people knew. I called once more. This time I saw him pull his phone out, and then put it back into the inside pocket of his jacket. Ivy sat quietly typing on her phone while I searched for what to say.

Daniel pulled his phone from his pocket glanced at it and hurried down the street. "Maybe he was busy," I said quietly. The waitress returned with our drinks, and in nice cups with saucers, none of those paper cups. "This is a nice café. I've never been in here."

"Yeah, we have open mic, karaoke, and board game nights." The waitress carried on...

"Thank you," Ivy said, quickly dismissing the waitress.

"I am from Belfast, but I have spent most of my life in London and moved to the States three years ago," Ivy said, taking a sip from her cup, "and Lena you don't sound like you are from the south."

"No, I am from the Mid- West. My husband grew up here, so we spend summers here, winter holidays at our home in Hawaii and the rest of the year in Ohio."

"Well, that is a lot of traveling, and do your kids enjoy moving around?"

"Yeah the boys actually love it," I said smiling. "They love going out on the lake at our house, and they go on all kinds of adventures in Hawaii. They want to try surfing this year. My husband and I are taking a trip today, for our anniversary. What about you, do you enjoy travel?"

"Well I travel quite a bit for work. Sometimes I don't get to see much when I travel as I am usually busy with work." Ivy looked at her watch and took another sip from her cup.

"What is it that you do, Ivy?"

"Speaking of work, I actually have to run. Let me give you my number, and we can have lunch sometime." Ivy took out a beautiful pearl and gold pen and wrote her number on a beverage napkin. "This really was fun, and I hope you reach out soon."

I sat finishing my tea in the quiet café as I watched Ivy hop into a cab, her umbrella disappearing.

I look at the time, another thirty minutes before I need to head to the airport. I watch the people out the window, all hustling up and down the sidewalk in the rain. I notice a homeless man on the corner and watch as everyone passes him. I check the time, and order an Uber; I catch the waitresses attention, "could you grab me a menu?"

"We don't have a real menu, just the board up there." She points above the counter.

"Do you have sandwiches?" I asked

"Yeah, ugh... today we have a Margarita Paninis."

"Ok... I'll take one to go; and the check please."

I pulled cash from my purse and left it on the table. Realizing I had paid for Ivy's coffee I chuckled. I headed across the street and gave the sandwich to the man, who turned out to be a very nice lady, with a cat named Moe. She was kind enough to offer me an old newspaper for the rain.

My Uber was a few minutes away, and I crossed the street back to the café. Daniel said he would bring all the luggage, so I headed straight to the airport. I had my ticket on my phone. I thought I would head to the airport bar.

I pulled a book from my bag and sat near the window; the bartender came over.

"What can I get you beautiful?" I looked up to see a smoking hot and slightly buff bartender. He wore black pants and a short sleeved black button-down shirt, that showed off his muscular arms.

"I'll have a glass of red wine and a glass of water." I set the alarm on my phone for thirty minutes before takeoff and opened my book.

The Bartender returned with a stemless wine glass and a glass of water. "Whatcha reading?" he asked, grinning.

"A book on legends, fables and world mythology."

"Really? Anything interesting?"

"There are a few good stories," I said taking a sip of the wine.

"Well, if you need anything else, let me know. I'll be at the bar."

I smiled and checked the time on my phone. Forty more minutes to take off. I dialed Daniel; straight to voicemail. I sent a text. "Hope you are checking in, let me know." I turned back to my book, and fell in deep; by the time I looked up my flight was only ten minutes out. I tried to call Daniel again, and his phone kept going straight to voicemail. "Dan where the Hell are you? I am waiting at the gate, and they say you have not checked in."

Now officially worried, I call Daniel's office. "Daniel Sutherland's office."

"Hi Michelle, this is Lena, is Daniel there?" I said as calmly as possible

"No, and he should be at the airport by now; let me call his driver and see where he is." Michelle put me on hold. I plugged my headset in and sent Daniel another text while I waited for Michelle.

Daniel where are you and why aren't you answering your phone?

I hit send and texted Dan's brother.

Hey Rick, have you heard from Dan?

"Mrs. Southerland, the driver said he has been waiting outside your building for over two hours." Michelle said.

"And he hasn't seen my husband?"

LenaWest
LenaWest
12 Followers
12