Mrs. Gallagher's Pool Pt. 01

Story Info
The rules are different here.
2k words
4.2
75.7k
29

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/20/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I answered the ad for the rental flat, I was very impressed by the place. The available unit was part of a duplex located behind the landlady's main house, in a nice older neighborhood not far from the city center, where my new job was based. Each unit was a spacious and nicely appointed one bedroom. Both units faced onto the pool and patio area, and had parking access from the alley in back. Nice gardens separated the pool from the main house, and all was bordered by hedgerows of tall shrubs giving seclusion from the neighboring homes. Only one window of a garage apartment next door could overlook a portion of the pool. Everything was well-kept and the rent was fair.

The landlady was Mrs. Gallagher, about fifty-ish and of medium height and build, a slightly graying brunette. She was businesslike but pleasant as she showed me around.

"Yes, you may take the unit as of Tuesday," she was saying, "it is ready except some minor painting to be finished on Monday. You may use the pool, of course, but please observe the rules and keep it tidy. My daughter lives in the main house with me, and her friend, Annie, rents the other flat. They use the pool a lot, so please be respectful and don't leave a mess. Oh, you'll meet the young man who lives there (she pointed to the window next door). He maintains the pool for me, in exchange for using it. He has a gate key and comes in as he likes."

Tuesday was a busy day, moving in and getting sorted out. Wednesday was hectic with work and I got in very late, soon ready for bed. Tiredness helped me sleep well in my new surroundings, but I awoke early. Maybe an early swim before work would be nice, I thought, and slipped into my trunks.

Stepping out onto the patio I was startled to find the aforementioned guy from next door (the window above the hedges), in the midst of cleaning the pool - stark naked!

"Morning, dude! Mrs. G told me someone had moved into that flat. My name's Matt, and I live up there." He jerked a thumb towards the garage apartment window.

"And do you usually service the pool naked?" I asked, a little astonished. "There are women on the property, you know!"

"Oh, that!" he said, as though just now aware of his bare state, "Do it all the time. I never wear any trunks over here. No need to - its not allowed."

"Huh? What do you mean, not allowed? The girl in the other flat was having a swim when I was moving in, and..."

"Yup. The girls wear swimsuits. But no guy ever wears a suit out here. Its a rule. Didn't you see the pool rules sign?" (I actually hadn't bothered, figuring it was the usual stuff) "Mrs G. is pretty strict with all the house rules, you'll find. Kind of 'old school' from the days when men swam nude at the Y and boys' swim classes prohibited suits to protect the filters. The pool is ready now. You can join me for a swim, but ya gotta ditch the trunks."

I glanced around, realizing how secluded the pool was. Only Matt's window above, and Annie's and my kitchens had a view of the pool. And I really did want that swim.

So, I quickly shed the trunks and slipped into the water. Matt swam a lap, splashing noisily. "Hey, can we keep it quiet? Annie may be awake by now," I said, glancing nervously at her window.

"Don't sweat it, man! Annie sees me naked out here all the time. So does Renee, and even Mrs. G herself," Matt responded with a shrug.

"Well, I'm not really used to going naked around women. I mean, a lot of women would give you some trouble if they caught you bare-assed outdoors."

Matt assured me that wasn't going to be the case at this pool. Guys are expected to be naked when swimming or sunning, and the hedges are tall and thick for a reason - to keep curious noses from poking over them.

Just as I was getting a bit more relaxed about it, I heard a click and turned to see Annie's door open as she stepped out onto the patio in her red and yellow bikini. My heart pounded and jumped in my throat as I felt 'caught' in the buff. I glanced from her to Matt and back again. He didn't seem bothered at all. So this would be the moment of truth, and there was no escape. My trunks were at the other end of the pool, and out of reach of the water. I would have to let it play out however it did!

Matt vaulted onto the deck and greeted Annie with a cheery 'Good morning' and while totally naked and wet, he met her halfway. She handed him a tray of muffins and coffee cups, which he placed on the table.

Annie made a beckoning gesture and said, "Come join us for coffee, and introduce yourself," pointing to a chair. I was about to introduce more of myself than I was used to in mixed company, but there seemed to be no alternative. I took a deep breath and thought 'Well, here we go - bare ass naked!' and heaved myself out of the pool. At least the combination of nerves, wetness, and the morning air was keeping me from springing a boner as I met this girl for the first time, officially. She watched as I crossed the few paces to the table and quickly sat down. Crap! The table top was crystal clear - no refuge offered by that!

"It seems that our new friend is a little insecure without his pants!" she flashed a grin at Matt. "It's always fun helping a new guy make that adjustment at this pool!" Then, to me - "What's your name, sweet cheeks?"

"It's Will. And pleased to meet you. I do admit I am at a little disadvantage at the moment. I'm not used to being among nudists," I replied.

"Oh, well, we are not nudists, Will. As you can see, I am not nude. In fact, I never go nude out here. Nor does Renee, nor her Mom. We don't think it is proper for a lady to go nude in the presence of males," she asserted, holding her head a bit higher.

"Um, so then, it is rather a double-standard, isn't it? Matt tells me that he and I are almost required to go nude in the pool. Is that right?" I asked, feeling a bit puzzled.

"Actually, that isn't correct at all. You, Matt, and any other male guest you or we may invite, are absolutely, not 'almost', required to be naked anytime you use the pool or tanning area. You are responsible to make sure that any buddy you invite over understands the rules, and obeys them, just as Matt informed you about them. No male suits! Obey, or don't use the facilities - simple as that." Then she gave a sly grin. "See, Will, you WILL be seen, naked! But you won't see me."

"And you don't see anything improper about guys being naked around ladies, then?" There was a clear disparity going on here.

"Nothing whatsoever! It is actually very natural for males to be naked. The original Olympic games were performed by nude males, and Celtic warriors often went into battle naked. Males often skinny-dipped in farm ponds, at the Y, and in school swim practices. Sometimes they couldn't afford swimsuits or the culture didn't think they were needed. Renee's mom thinks it should continue that way, and we agree. Even the very nature of your male anatomy (she leaned forward, looking at my groin through the clear table) is obviously more comfortable to be unconfined when swimming or in other active pursuits. Your manly parts can move freely and adjust themselves to whatever position is most natural and comfortable for the state they are in. And you dry faster from water or sweat," she explained in a matter-of-fact tone.

"The 'state' they are in?" I asked, blushing at her frankness about masculine details.

"Don't be silly, Willy. Women are well aware that males get frequent changes in the condition of their genitals. You have many and sometimes persistent periods of arousal, for any or no reason. Swimsuits bind and constrict the natural movement. Without such an encumbrance, your phallus will expand to its fully erect state, and then return to its restive position unhindered. No silly fumbling needed to adjust your shorts. We have observed this happening often at this pool, and it is just the nature of a penis!" Annie was very nonchalant about openly discussing male anatomy with two very naked men.

"Annie, I am sure that women understand what we have in our drawers! But don't you see that guys can be embarrassed to show it off in mixed company? It puts us in an awkward position, to say the least!" I persuaded.

She giggled. "We know all about that. It can really be rather funny, too!"

"Let me get this straight. You know very well that men can get highly embarrassed to be totally naked and exposed among women. Yet you actually expect us to forfeit all privacy and cavort around in the buff, in a very unequal situation, at that!"

"Now, Will. Male embarrassment about the phallus is a construct of recent making. The basis is almost totally psychological, though it exhibits physical signs - blushing, nervousness, cowering to hide oneself. They are outward signs of mental discomfort over violating a taboo built into your mind by a mother who babied you, a sister who teased you, or schoolboys who mocked the size of your goods. And by the social norm of wearing clothes. You feel out of place to be naked even when permitted, or required - as you are now!" she said with firm conviction.

Matt then spoke up. "You will soon get over all that. I was nervous at first, but I wouldn't want it any other way now! I can't stand a swimsuit anymore."

Annie nodded. "Right. Matt has made the full psychological adjustment to the rules we use here. He understands the practicality and simple beauty of it! Any male can do so if he gives it a fair try. And it is the rule at this pool, so just embrace it and do it. The male..."

"Male! Why do you keep saying 'males' and never men or guys? Always males!" I interrupted.

"Well, it is a more generic term. It covers any age or status, and it neutralizes any ego or macho attitude that might attach to other terms. It keeps it on a better par with females." she offered.

"But you do say 'woman' and 'lady.' So isn't that being unequal?" I argued.

"Those terms don't usually have bragging associated with them. They just carry a social grace element, they just remind us to remain feminine and conduct ourselves in a civil and appropriate manner. Everyone, male or female, can benefit from that," she said, chidingly.

"Well, this is all very interesting and new to me, I must say! But we will have to discuss it more later. I must be off to work soon, if you'll excuse me, now?" I stood up to go, highly conscious that I was unable to avoid full-frontal exposure. My penis swayed in full view as I moved past her to go to my flat. The experience of sitting there naked, and the subject of the conversation had fluffed it a bit, and I was aware of a more pronounced swinging motion as I strode buck naked towards my door. I could sense her eyes studying my unclad bum.

"Oh, Will!" Matt called out, and I turned around, exposing my now half erect dick to their full view, the little helmet aimed right at Annie's unflinching gaze. "Don't forget your trunks, dude!"

"Put them away. We don't expect to see them again. Just a lot more of you!" Annie commented.

By the time I scooped up the trunks and crossed back to my door, I was sporting a full mast erection, wagging stiffly ahead of me. Both Annie and Matt were chuckling merrily as I went through the door.