Murphy's Law

Story Info
Husband has the worst day of his life.
4.8k words
3.68
125.4k
76
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sfbullrider
Sfbullrider
1,299 Followers

"If anything can go wrong-It will."

Not only that, "Everything goes wrong all at once."

There is not much sex in this one, and it is not very long.

*****

When I woke up this morning, I had no reason to believe it wasn't going to be anything but another good day in this wonderful life of mine. Boy was I ever wrong.

By the end of the day, it would turn out to be the worst day of my life.

My name is Stony Adams. I am a 48 year old engineer with an electrical design company. I am married to the beautiful Amy McPherson Adams. She is the love of my life. I met Amy a year after graduating from college. She had married her high school boyfriend, Austin Butler, after they graduated high school. It turns out that he was abusive, possessive, and a jack ass. She didn't find this out until after they were married. They divorced after about three years. They had no children.

I met Amy about a year after her divorce. She was still suffering from the effects of that marriage. She had no self confidence, and thought very little about herself. She did go to a technical school and became a Paralegal. She is a very good one.

We started dating, and I very quickly fell for her. I treated her with kindness, respect, and showered her with love and affection. I was totally opposite of her ex husband. The problem was that she was still in love with Austin.

It took a little time, but she finally admitted she was over him, and in love with me. To this day I have never mistreated, cheated, or shown her anything but love, admiration, and respect. We got married 23 years ago.

For the first few years of our marriage, Amy would talk to me about Austin. He is the only other man she has had sex with. She said he had a big dick, but was pretty selfish in bed. Listening to her talk I could tell she had been so drawn into him. He had total control over her, including her mind.

I tried to be comforting, and let her talk because it helped her deal with what he had done to her. Apparently, he also cheated on her while they were married. After a couple of years, she stopped talking about him.

Amy and I have one child, a daughter named Karen. She is 18, and in her last semester of high school. She will be going to college next year at Brown University. She is excited that she made it to an Ivy League school. She is quite brilliant, and has a pretty good academic scholarship. She practically aced her SAT. She wants to go to law school eventually.

So you see I have an awful lot going for me. I have a beautiful wife, an intelligent daughter, a great job, and everything had been going my way for a long time, until today.

I had noticed that for the past few weeks Amy had seemed a little distant, and something was on her mind. I thought she was starting to get antsy about Karen leaving home for college in the fall. She had been talking about it, and I knew it was going to be hard on her. However, I had a feeling there was something else, I just couldn't figure out what it was.

I knew when she was ready, she would tell me. Amy and I have always been open and honest with each other about everything. Any problems or issues that came up, we would sit down talk about them, and solve them.

I had a feeling Amy was going to say something this morning, but she didn't. She acted like she wanted to, but never said anything. It was business as usual. The morning kiss and hug, a shower, getting dressed, breakfast, then off we all go.

I got to work, went to my office, then started working on this systems design for a resort complex we had been hired for. At 10:00 my secretary informed me that the big boss needed to see me. He was the Vice President in charge of all the engineers.

I could tell by the look on his face as I walked in that this was not going to be good news. He got right to the point by informing me I was being let go due to some economic downturns, and a restructuring of the engineer staff. They were going with the younger, and cheaper engineers at this time. He did give me a check for six months pay as severance. I would remain on the company insurance for three months, at which time I would be dropped.

I had until the end of the day to clean out my desk. Today was my last day on the job. How was I going to tell Amy and Karen? I couldn't believe after all I had put into this company that I was being treated like this.

I was pretty sure I could eventually find another job, but I really liked working here. They did promise to give me a good recommendation. I would be ok for six months, but I needed to find a job.

I went back to my office and started packing all my stuff. Word got around, so several co workers came in to tell me bye. I found out a few of others got sacked also.

I left my office around 2:00. I went to this nice little park by the lake. I wasn't ready to go home yet, besides no one would be there. I just sat on a bench and thought about how I was going to tell Amy and Karen.

It was about 5:00 when I decided to go home. Karen would be home from school, and Amy would probably be home from work.

I walked in the front door to find both of them sitting on the couch. I tried to be upbeat and yelled out, "How are my two favorite girls that I love more than anything in the world today?"

Karen broke out crying and ran over to hug me. Amy just starred at the floor. Did they already know? There is no way they could know. Maybe they do. Maybe someone from the office called.

"Karen honey, don't worry, we'll survive. It will be ok."

She gave me a funny look, then looked at Amy. She sat back on the couch sniffling.

Amy looked a little puzzled also. "What are you talking about Stony?"

"I'm talking about me losing my job today. Isn't that what you two are upset about?"

"You lost your job Stony? You have been with that company for 15 years. How could they possibly fire you?" Amy said.

"They didn't fire me honey. They had to downsize due to the economy, so they restructured the engineering department. They kept the younger, cheaper engineers. I was let go, but I was given six months severance pay. I'm sure I can find a new job. We will be all right."

They both looked at each other, and both started to cry.

"How did you find out Amy?" I asked.

"We didn't know until you just told us Stony." Amy said.

"Then what are you two so upset about?" I said.

Amy took Karen by the hand, then spoke, "Stony, I don't know any other way to do this except just come right out and tell you. Please understand I still love you very much. About four weeks ago I was contacted by Austin. He lives here now. He wanted to see me. He said it was very important."

Amy took a Kleenex out of her purse and continued.

"At first I didn't think it was a good idea, but he has always been very persuasive with me. I agreed to meet him for lunch. He basically told me he had changed. He had turned his life around and was doing good. He also said he never stopped loving me. He never stopped thinking about me, and wanted another chance. I told him I was married, but he said that didn't matter. He said we were destined to be together."

She stopped to compose herself, then said, "After lunch he wanted me to come to his apartment to show me something. I knew I shouldn't, but I did. At his apartment he showed me all the love letters I had ever written him. He had all our pictures. He had kept everything good about our relationship. I was pretty overwhelmed, and some old feelings came back. I felt that deep down I was still in love with him. He kissed me Stony, then we made love on his bed. We have been having sex for the past four weeks."

To say I was stunned does not even come close to describing how I felt. I finally managed to say, "Are you leaving me Amy? After 23 years of a great marriage, your old boyfriend and ex husband, who abused you and treated you like shit, comes to town to say he's changed, and wants you back?"

"I'm sorry Stony. I do still love you, but Austin says he really needs me. He loves me so much. This is so hard, but I feel like I have to go back to him. I will give you everything in the divorce."

"Divorce? Just like that you walk in and tell me you want a divorce so you can marry that asshole?"

I collapsed in a chair. I couldn't believe this was happening. I honestly didn't know what to do. What else could go wrong today?

"There is something else Stony. Karen and I have talked, and she is coming with me. I feel it is best if she stays with me and Austin."

I felt like I had been kicked while I was at my lowest point. How can someone's whole world come crashing down in one day? I literally couldn't think of anything to say. I'm sure the look on my face said it all. It was more than just hurt. It was defeat, humiliation, hopelessness, and fear.

"Come on Karen, we need to get going. It will only get worse if we stay any longer."

Amy came over and gave me a hug, and a kiss on the cheek. I just starred blankly at her. Then Karen threw herself in my arms crying.

"I'm so sorry daddy. I hate what mom is doing. I want to stay with you, but she thinks it's best if I go with her. Mom is being so selfish, and I may never forgive her. I will be by to see you quite often."

I returned her hug, and told her how much I loved her. They picked up their bags, and were gone. The house got very quiet. I have never been so depressed as I was at that moment.

I sat there awhile hoping it was all a bad dream. It wasn't. Finally, I went into the liquor cabinet and got a bottle of scotch. I drank until I passed out on the couch.

The next few days were pretty fuzzy. I didn't do much except sleep, drink, and occasionally eat something. I had literally checked out. Karen called a couple of times, but I got choked up trying to talk to her. She finally came over to check on me.

She had me take a shower, shave, and change clothes. She fixed me a nice dinner. She didn't say much about Amy and Austin, and I didn't ask. She made me promise to start looking for a job. Two days later I hit the bottle again. That afternoon the doorbell rang.

A very attractive young lady asked, "Are you Stony Adams?"

I told her I was.

"You have been served sir."

It was a divorce petition from Amy.

I started feeling very light headed. I was having a hard time breathing. I felt a tightness in my chest. That is the last thing I remember.

I woke up in a hospital room. I was hooked up to a heart monitor. A rather attractive young nurse was smiling at me.

"Hello Mr. Adams. How do you feel?"

"I'm not sure. Where am I?"

"You are at Methodist Hospital. You came by ambulance about 2:00 this afternoon."

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"It's about 8:00 pm. You came to right after you got here but we gave you a shot that sedated you. I'm sure you're probably still a little fuzzy?"

"Actually, I'm a lot fuzzy. What happened to me?"

"Apparently, when the lady served you divorce papers, you passed out, according to her. She called 911, which is how you got here. You had an issue with your heart Mr. Adams, but we don't think you had an actual heart attack. According to your daughter, you haven't been taking very good care of yourself the past few days. That, and I suppose the shock of the divorce papers set you off."

"Am I going to die?"

"Well, I guess someday you will, but not right now. With some medication, and a little less alcohol, I would say you will live a pretty long life."

"You mentioned my daughter. Is she here?"

"Yes, she has been here for quite awhile. She just stepped out to go to the bathroom. Your wife is also here. She went with your daughter to the bathroom."

"When they get back, please allow my daughter in here, but I do not want my soon to be ex wife in here."

"I will let them know." The nurse said.

A few minutes later Karen came in the room crying. She ran to me and hugged me.

"Daddy, I was so worried about you. I thought I had lost you. The doctor told me you were going to be just fine. I am so sorry for everything. It didn't take me long to realize that I made a big mistake going with mom. I'm coming back to live with you, and I will take good care of you."

"Thank you sweetly. I will be ok, I was just feeling so sorry for myself. "

"There is more Dad. Mom is here also, but the nurse said she was not allowed in here. A lot has happened in the last few days. Austin is a creep, a pervert, and an asshole. As soon as we moved in he changed. He became very possessive of mom. He also became abusive. I don't know what mom was thinking."

"Honey, I guess she loves Austin more than me."

"No she doesn't Dad. She admitted to me after a few days that she had made a terrible mistake. She let him get to her again. He is bad news Dad. He hits her, and calls her all kinds of names. She told me she wanted to come back home."

"What about the divorce papers she served me?"

"That was all Austin's doing. He took her to a lawyer he knew and forced her to sign, and file it. She has been miserable without you. She desperately wants you to take her back, but she is also afraid of Austin. She is afraid if she does, he will hurt you, and her."

"He's not going to hurt anyone honey, you have my promise on that. If he thinks he can waltz in here after all these years and destroy everything we have built, he has another thing coming. Tell your mother to come in here."

"There is one more thing Dad. He made a pass at me. I rebuked him, but he told me if mom tried to go back to you, he would get all of us, including me. I'm so scared Dad."

I took her in my arms and assured her everything would be ok. Then she stepped outside and told Amy to come in.

Amy stepped into the room with tears rolling down her cheeks. She had a black eye, and bruises on her arm.

"I am so sorry Stony. I've done some stupid things in my life, but this is the worst. He got to me again Stony. The son of a bitch is worse than before."

"Amy, for the past several days I have been trying to come up with some kind of explanation for what you did to me. I thought maybe it was something I did, or didn't do for you."

She started to speak, but I stopped her.

"Hear me out Amy, then you can talk. I thought maybe I wasn't a very good husband. Maybe I didn't satisfy you sexually, or maybe Austin was just a better man for you than me. But you know what? I am a good husband, a good father, a good provider, and I think I'm pretty damn good in bed. So you tell me Amy, why did you leave me? Why did you convince my daughter to leave me also?"

She looked down at the floor for a moment, then spoke. "All throughout high school, and at the time I married him, I was so in love with Austin. After I married him, he changed. He was abusive, and so possessive of me. After I divorced him, I met you. You were so good Stony. You were the opposite of Austin. I couldn't ask for a better husband than you. Then Austin came back in my life. He said he had changed, and that he still loved me so much."

She stopped to compose herself a little.

"Austin has this mysterious control over me Stony. I can't explain it. He convinced me we were destined to spend the rest of our life together. Unfortunately, I fell for it. I let him seduce me. I let him talk me into things I knew were wrong. I knew I was hurting you so bad, but I let him control me. He even convinced me to bring Karen with me."

"Amy, did you know that Austin made a pass at Karen this week?"

"What are you talking about?"

"He hit on our daughter Amy! He tried to seduce her. Your fucking lover boy tried to make it with our daughter. Can you not see that the man you say you love so much is a fucking jack ass?"

She was crying pretty hard now. My God the control this ass hole must have over her.

"Yes Stony I do. I fell for his bullshit. I destroyed our family for that ass hole. I am really ashamed of myself. I want to come home Stony. I miss you. I miss our life together. I know you can never forget, but I'm hoping you can forgive."

I actually felt sorry for her, and strangely enough, I believed her.

"I love you with all my heart Amy. Even after all this, God help me, I love you so much. However, I can't live my life wondering that if Austin were to summon you, you wouldn't go running to him?"

"I hate that son if a bitch Stony. I think I finally realize just what kind of person he is. He is nothing compared to you. The only thing is that I'm afraid. If I come back to you, he will come after us. He will hurt you, and he will hurt me. He will probably even hurt Karen. I want to be with you Stony, but I don't want him to hurt you. I'm so afraid of what he will do."

"Your coming home Amy. We have a lot of healing before we can get back to normal, but we can do it. In the meantime, you let me worry about Austin. I have a plan, and I think Austin will be in for a big surprise."

Amy and Karen spent he night with me in the hospital that night. I'm sure Austin was fit to be tied, but he didn't know where they were. I'm sure he would make his his move real soon, and I would be ready.

I was released from the hospital the next morning, and given a pretty good report. I was told to take it easy for a few days, and stay out of stressful situations. Yea, right!

I had Amy call Austin at work and tell him she was moving back in with me. He went ballistic and said she would regret that decision tonight. Amy and Karen went to Austin's apartment and got all their stuff while he was gone.

I decided I needed a little professional help. I called an old friend of mine from college. Lt. Rick Hays, Texas Rangers. He had an office in the city. The Texas Rangers have been around since the Texas Republic. They are an elite law enforcement agency of which there is no equal. He is a direct descendant of a very famous Ranger, Captain Jack Hays. Jack Hays served from 1836 until 1847. He was as good as they come. Rick had it in his blood. The Ranger motto was, "One Riot, One Ranger."

I explained everything to Rick, and that I expected trouble at my house that evening. Rick agreed to come over and spend the evening with us. Rick seemed a little excited that there might be some action tonight. I guarantee you the last person on earth I would fuck with, is a Texas Ranger.

Rick showed up around 5:45. We had made a nice supper, and Rick joined us. Amy had met him years ago, but Karen had never met him. She was so intrigued. She didn't know much about the Rangers. She was hanging on his every word as he told his stories.

I guess it was around 8:30 when Rick excused himself to the bathroom. We were all sitting in the living room figuring Austin was full of shit, and not going to show, when the front door flew open. Austin had stolen a key from Amy.

Austin had a gun in his hand. He obviously was drunk.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? It's just one big happy family. You must be Stony, the cuckold husband who can't satisfy his wife. Karen, so good to see you. I plan on getting my just desserts from you before this night is over. Of course we have the love of my life, Amy. Hi honey, you miss me, you little whore."

"Austin, Amy does not want you, and never did. She is staying here where she belongs, with her family. I suggest for your own good you just leave, and never contact any of us again." I said.

"Sorry Mr. Cuckold husband, not gonna happen. Amy is coming with me. She belongs to me, and always has. In fact, I will probably just go ahead kill you, so we don't have to put up with your shit anymore."

Amy jumped in front of me. She said, "Austin, I will never go with you. I do not love you. I love Stony. He is ten times the man you are. You need to get the fuck out of my life. That divorce you made me file has been nullified. I wouldn't marry you if you were the last man on earth."

Sfbullrider
Sfbullrider
1,299 Followers
12