My Autumn and My Winter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was just wondering if your fiance is okay with your transvestite fetish."

Steve threw back his head and laughed.

"I don't know, you'd have to ask her. I have to go, I really can't talk right now."

He ignored their pleas and entered his building, grateful that one had to swipe a key for egress. Otherwise those vultures would be right on his doorstep...

Steve's eyes narrowed to slits as he saw the suited man speaking through the apartment door to Autumn. He had a press pass pinned to his lapel, and seemed to be all smiles as Steve strode up behind him.

"Hey, buddy." Steve laid a heavy, heavy hand on the man's slender shoulders. "How'd you get in here? Why don't you quit harassing us for five-"

"Steve!"

He looked up into Autumn's narrowed gaze.

"It's all right. I let him up."

"You did?" Steve looked at the flustered little man. "Sorry."

"I was finished here, anyway." He looked at Autumn and offered her a handshake. As she accepted he grinned ear to ear. "It's been a pleasure, Miss Winters. Please call my cell if you have any more questions."

"I think I'm good, but thanks."

Steve cocked an eyebrow as the man excused himself. He entered the apartment and tossed his bundle on the kitchen table.

"Ooh, is that sourdough? You are the shit, sugar!"

"Got some donuts too. What was that all about?"

Autumn did not respond immediately, did not even make eye contact. When she spoke, her voice sounded casual...too casual, as if she were forcing it out.

"Oh, he's just a, uh, photographer. You know, for the wedding."

"I see."

Something didn't quite sit right with her explanation, but he was sweaty and hungry so he filed it away in the back of his mind for later consideration. He stripped off his damp shirt and tossed it into the hamper, coming back to the kitchen bare chested. Autumn had already taken out the bread loaf and sliced it. Steve chuckled as she spread a generous dollop of margarine across its still warm surface.

"You want some bread with that butter?"

"Shut up or I'll eat it all by myself."

Steve held his hands up and slid into the chair across from her. For several minutes neither spoke, enjoying the meal in silence. He watched as Autumn's tattooed hand picked at the bread. It seemed her movements were a bit stiff, but he chalked it up to being tired. They hadn't gotten much sleep last night...

He put his hand on top of hers and gently squeezed. Autumn looked up at him, eyebrows arching.

"What?"

"Nothing. I love you."

"Okay..." Autumn laughed. "This is what it's going to be like, being married. Us sitting across the table and not talking. Then there's the fact that marriage is the death of sex..."

"It doesn't have to be."

"Ah, but it usually is. Don't you think we'll get tired of the same old, same old?"

"No, not really. I haven't gotten tired of it yet."

"Steve, it hasn't been much more than a year since we got together. It hasn't had time to get stale."

Steve swallowed and took a sip of orange juice to wash the bread down. His lips pursed as he considered her words. It truly had been a very short time since they had become a couple, but it didn't seem that way. The deep connection he had felt to Autumn almost from the beginning made such temporal considerations seem ludicrous.

"See, you're thinking it too," Autumn said, though in truth he wasn't. "God damn it, Steve, I don't want us to end up one of those chaste couples who have brunches, and barbeques, and god awful movie nights, but never ever touch each other below the belt."

"You want us to hang on to our passion, right? That's what your getting at."

"I wouldn't put it like that."

"Then how would you put it?"

"That I want you to keep murdering my pussy with your cock."

Steve coughed, spitting out a wad of bread that spattered on the table while Autumn flung up her arms over her face.

"Ewww!"

"Sorry. You have a way with words, you know."

Autumn's sinister snicker and wicked gleam in her eyes did not belie his comment.

"Anyway," Steve said "marriage doesn't have to be the end of passionate sex."

"Hmm, maybe." Autumn's brow furrowed, and she tapped her finger on the table rapidly while she gathered her thoughts. "Okay, I have an idea."

Steve watched as she rose from the table and collected a notebook and pen. He liked the way her smooth legs looked beneath the hem of one of his old t shirts. She returned to the table and tore off two sheets.

"What's this about?"

"Number your page one to five."

"Is this a test or something?"

"Or something. I want you to write down the five nastiest, dirtiest, most perverted sexual activities that you've ever wanted to try."

Steve laughed.

"Seriously?"

Autumn's eyes narrowed, and she slapped him on the back of his hand.

"Yes, seriously! Look, I'll do the same thing."

"Uh, okay...am I supposed to put these in order, or-"

"Don't overthink it, sugar. This is supposed to be fun."

Steve stared at the blank sheet of paper. It was going to be tough, because for the most part Autumn was pretty liberated and there wasn't much they hadn't tried...leaving out scatological activities or bestiality, of course.

"This might take me awhile."

"That's okay. You can work on it while I'm out with the girls."

"The girls?"

"Duh, I told you last night we're having a spa day."

"Oh, right. Who all's going?"

Autumn ticked off names on her fingers.

"Well, Crawley, of course, and Jenna from Sal's parlor, and Rex's wife Shelly, and Brad."

"Brad? Why is he going?"

"He loves the spa. Besides, he's a hell of a lot of fun to have around."

"It just seems weird, having a girl's day with your step dad."

"Not really. Or do you really think my dad is the bottom in that relationship?"

Steve laughed. He considered himself a pretty enlightened man, but he still strove not to imagine the two men in a bout of passion. It was funny to think about Brad with his face covered in mud getting a pedicure, though.

"Nice. Be careful on the way out. There's a shitload of paparazzi out front for some reason. They haven't been this bad since I punched out that Transvestite hooker."

Autumn snickered.

"Who won that fight, by the way?"

Steve took a deep breath, held it a moment, and then let it out.

"The transvestite."

Autumn grinned. She rose to her feet and shoved her chair under the table. Steve indicated that he was not done with the bread with a grunt and she gave up trying to put it away. He finished up half the loaf and wrapped the remainder in plastic. Something nice to enjoy later...and if Autumn was going out he wouldn't even have to share it.

After Autumn left for her spa day, Steve jumped in the shower. Just as he was done lathering up his hair his phone rang. Hastily, he rinsed the shampoo out and flipped off the water. He dashed naked out of the bathroom to the kitchen table and snatched up the phone. The screen was flashing a picture of a long-haired, bearded man with a menacing glower.

"Hey Pop!" Steve said as he answered the call.

"How you doing, boy?"

"A little nervous, but I guess that's normal."

"Normal? Shit, I puked four times the week of my wedding. You've got nerves of steel as far as I'm concerned."

Steve chuckled, then nearly dropped the phone. He was trying to hold it away from his soaking wet hair as to keep it dry.

"What was that? I didn't catch that last bit, son."

"Nothing, my dumb ass almost dropped the phone. When are you getting in town?"

"Your ma and I will be in late late LATE Friday. Probably won't be able to see you much until the wedding."

"That's a shame. Autumn still hasn't met Ma yet, you know."

"I'm sure they'll get along fine."

"Yeah, Autumn's worried about it but I'm not. How come you're getting in so late?"

"Flying back home from Ontario on Wednesday, and then we have to pack, and a red eye was the only thing my frequent flier miles covered on a weekend..."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"Your mother and I might take in a Broadway show, but then I have to get home. Got that big show in Hong Kong coming up, you know."

Steve smacked himself on the head.

"Damn, I forgot all about it. Did you really convince them to give you half of the gate sales?"

His father's deep voice laughed.

"Is that what you heard? More like thirty five per cent."

Steve whistled.

"That's still pretty generous. Jiro Higashi has been cool?"

"Oh yeah, real cool. I can't thank you enough for doing what you did over there."

"Well, my ribs still ache a bit from that one, and Autumn says I have some stippling on my back from the thumbtacks, but they don't show on TV."

"I can't believe you did a garbage match. I hope you didn't do it for my sake."

"Well, not just your sake. My sake and Autumn's too. Plus, Jiro's kind of, well, kind of..."

"He's a hard man to say no to, isn't he?"

"You got that right."

"Well, I have to go and shoot a commercial, so I'll see you this weekend."

"A commercial? For what, Wheaties?"

Raucous laughter filled his ear.

"Not quite, it's for Molson. They're the beer with the maple leaf, right?"

"I think so. I can't stand Canadian beer, though. Best of luck, Pop. Love you."

"Love you too, son. Give my regards to Autumn."

"Will do. Bye."

Steve set the phone down, a grin playing across his face. The Deathslayer was sounding like his old self, now that his financial future was secure. Having played no small part in that, Steve felt a swell of pride. The grueling match and recovery had been worth it after all. Not to mention that it had brought he and Autumn closer together. His resentment over her leaving him had abated a great deal since their trip to Japan, and he believed that it would continue to do so. Steve was seeing the wedding as a great spot for a new beginning for both of them.

Or all three of them, if they did have a child. The thought both thrilled Steve and chilled him to the bone.

Chapter 7

"Wassup Susan?"

Rich smiled into the blinking, slack jawed face of Susan. After a moment's pause she opened her suite door more widely. The smell of potpourri filled his nostrils as he was hit with a blast of air conditioned cool.

"Rich, what are you doing here?"

"I need your help." Susan sidled out of his way as he stepped through the threshold.

"My help? My help with what?"

Rich squinted his eyes as they adjusted to the relative gloom. She looked a bit dressed down, wearing gray yoga pants and a tank top. She was also wearing no cosmetics, something he had never seen.

"Oh god," she said, covering her face with her hands "don't stare at me, I must look terrible!"

Rich shrugged. She was still very attractive, beautiful, really, even without her make-up.

"You like fine, Susie." he said out loud. Then he turned the corner and went into the lounge and ensconced himself on the stuffed leather sofa.

"Uh, Rich, what do you think you're doing?"

"I told you, I need help."

Susan rolled her eyes and joined him on the couch.

"You're lucky I'm still talking to you, and you need my help?"

The corners of Rich's mouth twitched.

"Why am I lucky that you're still talking to me?"

"Why?" Susan sat up straight and narrowed her eyes. "Well, let's see, maybe because you keep tormenting the man I'm dating on social media?"

"I wouldn't say I was tormenting him, exactly-"

"You know how religious he is, and yet you can't help but try and troll him! Look, anyone who reads the Bible knows there are things that are, well..."

"Awful?"

"-controversial. Rich, I know you mean well, but Mason's not as bad as you think!"

"Well, tell him to block me or something."

"Uh," Susan chuckled for a moment. "I don't think he knows how. He's not the most adept person with technology."

Rich shrugged.

"What's your wifi password?"

"My wifi...why do you want that?"

"So I can surf the web. Duh."

"And you can't do that at your place?"

"They're replacing the router in our building. Won't have internet until tomorrow."

Susan put a hand over her eyes and sighed.

"Why am I not surprised? I'm sorry, but you can't stay right now! Autumn is picking me up and we're having a spa day."

"Oh, for real? When's she going to get here?"

"Probably an hour, but-"

"No problem. This won't take long to watch."

"What on Earth is so important that it can't wait until tomorrow?"

"Tell me the password and I'll show you."

Susan sighed deeply.

"Fine. hotelguest1, all one word no caps."

"What? That's the stupidest god damn..."

Rich tapped and swiped on the screen until he found the link he wanted. He turned the phone around so Susan could see just as the logo appeared.

"Los Passiones?" Susan let out a short bark of laughter. "Are you serious? A Mexican soap opera?"

"Sure." Rich turned the screen back around. "I love this show. There's a Mexican wrestler who never takes off his mask, but he still has romantic scenes and totally has to kiss chicks with it on. It's freaking hilarious."

Susan scooted closer to him and craned her neck to look at the screen. Her nose wrinkled and she let out a mocking laugh.

"Yeah, and it has NOTHING to do with the fact that all the women on this show have huge double d breasts."

Rich's brow furrowed.

"I resent that. I really do. You can see size double d in the US...only south of the border do you get someone with size G tits!"

"Oh, good grief, why don't you just watch porn?"

"It's not just about the tits. These actors are really passionate craftsmen."

"Rich, it's a stupid soap opera, and it's not even in English."

"I can put the subtitles on if you want. I don't need them."

Susie sat back against the couch and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You can speak Spanish?"

Rich smiled.

"Si! Seniorita es intelligente!"

"I never knew you could speak Spanish. Still doesn't seem worth my time, though."

"I'll tell you what," Rich said, flipping on the subtitles "sit here and watch this episode with me while you're waiting for Autumn. If you're not completely hooked, I'll take you out to dinner, my treat."

"I don't want to watch the stupid show. And I don't think it's appropriate that you of all people take me to dinner, when you know I'm seeing someone."

"Give it a chance. And what's wrong with the Rich?"

Susan's eyes grew cloudy, her lips pursed.

"Well, The Rich is a womanizing, crude, arrogant jerk! Not to mention the fact that I have someone already."

"We can't go out as friends?"

Her mouth opened, probably for another retort, but then she closed it. Her eyes glistened with calculation as she stared at him for a long moment.

"Well, I guess...if we go out as friends. Fine, I'll give it a chance, but I want you to know that I'm skeptical."

"Prepare to be converted."

** *

"What? That's it?" Susan said, taking the phone out of Rich's hands. "They can't end it like that! Ricardo just woke up from his coma! We didn't even find out if he could hear Consuela when she told him she loved him."

"That's the breaks. Have to wait until next week."

Rich turned a sly eye on her and grinned.

"Looks like I won't be buying you dinner, after all."

"Well...I admit, I was pleasantly surprised—except for all the misogyny, of course."

"Misogyny?" Rich scoffed.

"Well, what to you call it when Fernando and Rosita were arguing, and he shuts her up with a kiss?"

"Romantic?"

"Not even," Susan said with a sigh. "She was upset about something and needed him to listen to her, not force himself on her, as if all she needed was a man to put her in his place."

"I don't like thinking about stuff like that," Rich said, frowning. When did Susan turn into a Feminazi?

"Of course you don't," Susan said with a sigh. Her brow furrowed as if she were choosing her words carefully. "It would interfere with your world view, and make women less disposable."

"Hey, the Rich does NOT think women are disposable!"

"Really, Rich?" Susan asked quietly, her somber tone more deafening than a scream. "Really?"

Rich thought back to his one night stands, booty calls, and late night dates. With a shock he realized that he had no way of refuting Susan's argument.

"I guess I'm shallow," Rich said, staring out the window.

"No," Susan said. "You're not. You've just been...enabled for a long time. Sorry to burst your bubble."

Susan put her hand on Rich's knee and smiled. He felt his pulse quicken.

"Susan..." he began.

"Don't even start," she said softly. "I know that look, and I'm not going to be one of your conquests."

She left her hand where it was, drawing his gaze to her own. Susan's lips were tight, her nostrils flared. As he stared into her deep azure, soulful eyes, he felt compelled to give her a kiss. Knowing their history, he actually intended to brush her smooth cheek with his lips, but she surprised him.

Her face turned to meet his eagerly, and their lips were pressed together. He could taste mint on her breath, could feel her soft tongue as it explored his mouth. Rich soon had her in a tight embrace, their breathing getting faster and faster-

A knock at the door caused Susan to wrench herself away from him. Hastily, she put the strap to her tank top back over her shoulder and straightened her hair.

"Hello?" they heard Autumn say. "Yo, Susie, you in there?"

The door opened just as Susan was reaching for the knob.

"Hey, I was worried you were asleep." Autumn pushed past her. "Excuse me, I gotta hit the little girl's room. I only have one kidney and it's about to pop!"

She paused in the hallway adjoining the lobby and kitchenette. Autumn screeched to a halt when she saw Rich and did a double take.

"Oh, hey, Rich. What are you doing here?"

He grinned as he rose to his feet.

"Well, actually I'm-"

"LEAVING." Susan put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him toward the door. "He was just leaving, weren't you, Broski?"

"I guess that's true," Rich said as Autumn danced about.

"I'm gonna piss myself! Bye Rich!"

They watched Autumn retreat into the bathroom. Then their eyes met.

"We have to talk about this," he said.

"No, we don't."

Susan shoved him out the door and tried to slam it shut. Rich propped it open with his foot.

"Rich, move so I can close the door!"

"C'mon, Susie, what's the deal? You can't tell me you didn't feel anything just now."

Susan's eyes narrowed to cobalt slits. Her hand was on her outthrust hip, and he could almost feel the heat of her anger.

"Are you serious? Rich, up until a couple days ago you never even hinted that you had feelings for me."

"Yeah, well," Rich rubbed the back of his head. Feelings he was not used to cascaded through his chest, and he had no idea how to react. "Well, maybe that was a mistake, all right? Maybe I should have made a play for you from the very start."

Her bottom lip quivered.

"Maybe. But it's too late now. Mason is the man in my life. Get used to it."

Rich stared at her for a pregnant pause, then removed his foot.

"Good bye, Rich."

The door shut, and he shuffled off. Why were his legs rubbery going down the stairs? Why did he even care about Susan? He had a buxom blonde Swede on speed dial, someone who would provide him with sex—no strings attached. It was a dream situation and he should have been happy.

Still, his hands were tight on the steering wheel all the way home.

** *

Steve stared at the screen of his PC, brow furrowed. He wiped a hand over his mouth as he stared at the numbers in his and Autumn's joint bank account.

"This can't be right." He clicked several links, going back over the three month history of their account. Despite all of his efforts, he couldn't find any errors whatsoever.

1...56789...25