My Darkest Hour

Story Info
A suicidal man finds hope, and love in the darkness.
7.9k words
4.58
13.7k
29

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/12/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note:

Pt. 1

This is a story that deals very heavily with suicide, and thoughts of suicide. If that topic is too sensitive for you, then I highly suggest you do not read this story. am aware that there are people reading this story that have either thought about, or even tried killing themselves. There are also people reading this that have had to grieve a loved one's passing through suicide, whether that be a family member, a S/O, a friend, coworker, student, teacher, or anyone else. I have lost friends from suicide, and have contemplated it at one point in my life, going so far as to write a suicide note.

I am here to tell you that you are special, and that your life is worth living. It may not seem like it at the time, but it will get better. The world is a better place with you in it than without you. My heart breaks for you, I don't want anyone to go through what I have had to go through. If you need someone to talk to and don't have anyone else, contact me. My twitter link is in the comments, and I will talk with you, night or day. When I was dealing with this, I found that the thing I needed was for someone to listen to my story. Not talk, not judge but to listen. I love you all, and if this message saved the life of even one person, it would have been worth typing.

Pt. 2

This story is a spin-off of my story called My Soul-Mate Ch. 1. It focuses on Maggie the vampire, as I felt there was unused potential with her character. There is minimal elements from that story involved, and the ones that are are for a narrative purpose. They will be explained, but I highly recommend you read or reread My Soul-Mate, because Pt. 2 is not far behind. It is ¾ finished, but I ran into some issues.

I tried to collaborate with another author to finish the story, but I decided to finish it myself and scrap the ideas due to difference of opinions and direction. Not only that, but I originally had one idea (Before the collaboration, early stages of the first rough draft) that transformed into a completely new ending for the story. It is one that is shocking, and one the readers will not see coming. I apologize for not submitting sooner, as I have been extremely busy this whole year not only with the issues that arose, but creating new story ideas, trying to get a YouTube channel started which took up a lot of my time, a new job that drains me physically that pays well, and taking up the guitar to learn as a hobby. That was a mouthful.

For those curious about the direction the collab was to take, the other author wanted bondage in the story but I said a firm no, as sex is not the main focus of my stories. She left the project because of it, and that was that.

Pt. 3

For new readers of mine, I thank you for taking the time to click on the video. Let me tell you a bit about my stories: They are stories, not erotic sex stories. There is graphic sex depicted, but it is not the focal point. I focus on character growth and an actual story arc. If you are looking for a quick wank, or pearl polishing session, this is not the place for you. For returning readers, if you like my other work, you will like this. I have not decided whether I will continue this story, but I will take a vote in the comments of whether fans want a continuation or not. Feedback is always appreciated, whether positive or negative as long as it's constructive, and it helps me to grow as an author and person With that said, enjoy the story!

All Characters are 18 and over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Chapter One

Michael took a drink of his beer, filled with bitterness and despair. He was contemplating suicide, and even went so far as to make a suicide note and was planning on taking his life later that night. He had caught his girlfriend in the act of cheating on her with his best friend, and when asked why she did it, said that she never loved him and the whole relationship was to make his best friend jealous. He had just brought home the engagement ring that he had been financing for months when he caught them.

He had thrown the ring into the deepest lake he could find, and immediately drove to the bar, where he had been ever since. He had already made the decision to kill himself, he was not afraid of dying, only feeling the pain of betrayal. He was going to carve her name into his wrist before he shot himself, and had the gun in his car. The background check came back surprisingly fast.

Michael only had a couple of beers and was nowhere near intoxicated when he noticed a beautiful woman with fiery red hair enter the front door. She was dressed in all black clothes that accentuated her pale skin and hair, and accentuated her slim-yet-sexy figure. His eyes and every other straight males' eyes followed her to her seat, several of them getting slaps or dirty looks from their dates.

He chugged the rest of his pint, and decided that if he was going to die tonight, he might as well make the most of his last few hours.

He wanted to go talk to her but her beauty was intimidating.

'I'd go talk to her but there's at least ten other guys more attractive in here than me. It's not worth it. I already have plans anyways.' Michael thought to himself.

He turned his attention to the TV, while watching to see if anyone else was going to make a move. No one moved in five minutes, but that didn't mean that no one wanted to. There was plenty of longing looks thrown her way.

He took a deep breath and went to go sit down next to the lovely redhead woman.

"Care if I sit and share a couple of drinks with you? The name's Michael" he asked.

The woman studied Michael intently, and then looked him in the eyes.

"Well, Michael who wants to share drinks, my name is Maggie. And no, I do not want you to sit here or share drinks with me. You are very handsome, but I am not interested right now." Maggie replied.

Michael nodded, then stood up, hearing laughter over his shoulder. He turned around seeing that every eye was on him.

"That goes for the rest of you assholes too!" Maggie shouted.

Every male stopped smiling, and turned back around.

Michael walked back to his chair, and the bartender poured him a sympathy shot of Fireball whiskey.

"This one's on the house. Sorry about that, you look like you could use it." The bartender told him.

Michael nodded and downed it. He turned his attention to a football game that was going on on the TV above the bar. He happened to look over at where Maggie was and saw that she was peering at him intently.

He was starting to feel a bit inebriated, so he walked up to her again.

Maggie was quite annoyed by all the idiots in the bar, she could practically smell the sex pheromones that the males and some females were giving off.

'Michael is different, though' She thought.

Maggie looked up to see Michael once again seating himself next to her. She studied his features. He had a chiseled torso, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He was different from the rest.

"If you know what is good for you, you would walk away right now." Maggie said in an annoyed voice.

"Yeah, I cut someone out of my life for that very reason." Michael replied.

Maggie leered at him, then took a drink from her wine glass. She decided that he was more trouble than he was worth, and started to get up. She was about to walk away when her eyes fixated on his neck. He was not like the other pigs. Her mouth started watering and knew she had to have a taste.

Maggie decided to bring him home with her. "You know what, why don't you come with me?" She asked.

Michael is taken aback and surprised by her immediate turn around in decision. He nodded. "Where are we going?" He asked.

"Somewhere more private." Maggie replied. She gathered her purse and phone and headed for the front door.

Michael's eyebrow raised at her reply and complied. He stood up and followed her, noting all the dirty looks he was getting from the other straight males in the bar.

They left the bar, and Michael started shivering. It was cold out, and he looked at Maggie and was wondering why she wasn't a popsicle yet.

'I wonder why she isn't shivering.' He thought. It was the middle of winter with snow on the ground, and the deathly cold bite of the winter air penetrated his clothes.

Maggie approached her car, which was a black Dodge Intrepid. She wasn't one for fancy vehicles.

"Get in." Maggie told Michael.

Michael went to reach for the car door when he felt his instincts scream at him, telling him to run the other way. He had never felt anything like it before, and the feeling was undeniable.

"Get in the car!" Maggie said, in an annoyed tone.

Michael's body seemed to automatically open the door when she said that, almost against his will.

He entered the car, and put his seatbelt on.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Maggie commented.

Michael shook his head no. His instincts were still telling him to run, possibly even more than they were before. He brushed it off.

"So where are w-" Michael started to say, but felt a sharp hit to his temple, then saw black. He faded into unconsciousness.

Chapter Two

Michael woke up in a dark room, groggy from being sucker punched. His eyes adjusted and realised he was in someone's house. He looked around for something to tell him where he was but found nothing. He sat up, looking for his assailant and a way to escape. It was then he noticed that all windows were completely boarded up, with no light coming through whatsoever. There was metal bars covering the boarded up windows too, ensuring no one could remove them.

Michael touched his temple but it didn't feel sore, which was strange. He figured it would feel sore from the punch.

"Welcome back to the world. For now." A voice from behind him said in a very creepy voice that made his blood run cold."

Michael whipped his head around and saw Maggie standing over him from behind the couch. She looked like a ghost in the darkness with her pale skin.

Michael tried to back away from her, but tripped over an obstacle. He fell on his ass, but did not remove his frightened gaze from her eyes, which seemed to glow.

Maggie could smell the fear on him, could hear his frightened heartbeat. But, something was different about this one. He didn't try to run, didn't try to fight. But, he seemed almost accepting. He was looking her directly in the eyes. She decided to show him what she truly was.

Michael didn't want to run. He looked at Maggie with indifference. He picked himself up, standing up to face her. Suddenly, she seemed to teleport from behind the couch to directly in front of him. He flinched but didn't turn away. He was tired of fighting, had nothing left to lose.

Suddenly, faster than his eyes could see or track, a hand closed around his neck. It was Maggie's. Her hand was just as white as the snow, with a touch and grip as cold as death.

Maggie raised him up off the ground with her inhuman strength, taking him to a wall and turning on the lights. She pressed his weak defenseless body against the wall, grinning, and protracting her vampire fangs. She lowers him to the ground, but keeps her fingers around his throat. He did not once try to fight back.

"By now you have guessed, I am not a human. I am a vampire, a demon of the night. History has called us many things throughout the ages. But your people call our kind vampires. You have been brave, I don't normally do this; I will let you choose how you die." Maggie told him. "I have the power of compulsion, and I compel you to stand motionless." She added. She released him from her hand.

Michael laughed while his body unwillingly did what it was told. "Just do it! I was going to kill myself tonight anyways! You'd be doing me a favor. I have nothing left to live for." He replied.

Maggie was surprised and a bit shocked by his response. "You can move freely, but can't leave the house." Maggie told him. She felt empathy, a human emotion she had not felt in a very long time.

Michael collapsed on the ground, and remained there.

"Why do you feel like that?" Maggie asked. His response had her curiosity piqued.

"Why do you care? Weren't you going to kill me a second ago?" Michael replied.

"Maybe I want to know the reason you want to die." Maggie told him.

Maggie noticed that when he looked up he had tears in his eyes. Not of fear, of immense sadness.

Michael was ashamed to be crying, and wiped the tears away. He searched the room for a place to sit down. His eyes fixed on a dining room table with two chairs. He pointed at the chair, and Maggie nodded, giving him permission to sit.

He stood up, walking over to the chair and sat down. Maggie followed him and sat across from him.

Michael took a deep breath and wiped more tears from his eyes, looking down at the table. "I have- used to have a best friend that I've known since elementary school, I've known him basically my whole life. About a year ago I asked a girl out that I have had a crush on my whole life as well. To my surprise, she said yes. I was surprised, but I should have known better. I was blinded by love." Michael told Maggie.

"What happened?" Maggie asked.

"Well, I was in love. I was the happiest man in the world, and everything was good up until earlier today. I started financing an engagement ring about six months ago. I was so sure that she was the one. I finished paying it off yesterday and brought it home today." Michael told her.

"Keep going." Maggie replied, knowing there was more.

"I had planned to propose today. I had the entire thing planned out; I was going to take her hiking and propose to her in front of a waterfall. The cheesiest shit I could think of. I went to her house to ask her to come with me and I found her and my best friend in bed together." Michael told her.

Maggie swallowed hard, not out of thirst but out of of sympathy.

"I asked her how she could do that, and she said that she never loved me, that it was all meant to make my best friend notice her and get jealous, then get with him. I told her that I loved her, and she told me that I loved a lie." Michael said, starting to cry. "I was devastated; I have no family and had just lost the only thing two things I cared about. I decided that life was not worth living. I bought a revolver, some ammo and was going to kill myself after I left the bar. That's when I ran into you." Michael confessed.

"What happened to the ring?" Maggie asked.

"I threw it in the lake by the bar." Michael told her.

His story had moved her, but the thirst and beast inside her was clawing at the door.

"So I have nothing left." Michael told her.

Maggie sighed heavily, and stood up. She walked over behind him. He made no attempt to run. She didn't have the heart to look him in the eyes as she killed him. She felt sympathy for him; almost didn't want to kill him. He was going to kill himself anyways though. "I will make it quick and painless. You won't feel a thing. I'm sorry this happened to you."

Maggie's arms reached out and gently grabbed his head, and pulled him close to comfort him before she snapped his neck. It would take one head twist and he would lose all feeling before he died. If vampires could cry, she would be close to it.

Maggie closed her eyes and tensed up. Michael reached his hand up and placed it on her arm.

"Wait, please I have one request before you kill me." Michael told her.

Maggie relaxed, letting him go briefly. She was secretly relieved that he had stopped her, if even for a moment.

"What is it?" Maggie asked.

Michael turned to look at her and took her ice cold hand in his, and then intertwined his fingers around hers.

Maggie was shocked once more but didn't stop him She instinctively did the same to him.

"I don't want my last few memories before I die to be depression; I don't want to feel sad. I want to feel happy, alive. I want my final action to be spitting in the face of my ex, metaphorically speaking. What I'm trying to ask is if we could make love before you kill me." Michael asked.

Maggie was surprised. She didn't know what to say. Her immediate instinct was to say no, but something was stirring inside her. She had been dead for decades, but his story was making her feel close to being alive. Her body was coming alive in a certain way at his touch.

Maggie pursed her lips and looked at their intertwined hand. His warm skin felt pleasant against hers. She had not had sex since becoming a vampire.

"I want to be with someone who genuinely cares about me, and you cannot tell me that there is not an attraction between us." Michael told her.

Maggie said nothing. He was right, she could feel the electricity between them.

Michael stood up, and took her other hand. He intertwined his fingers in hers, and pulled her close to him.

"Stand still." Maggie compelled him.

Michael froze.

"I compel you to tell me the truth. Do you have any intention to run, escape, or do you intend to attempt to hurt or kill me?" Maggie asked.

"No, I do not have any ill intentions." Michael was compelled to respond.

"Then I release you from all compulsion." Maggie told, and freed him.

Michael pulled Maggie to him all the way, and their bodies touched. He released her hands and moved them to her face. He brushed Maggie's fiery red hair out of her face and gently kissed her.

Maggie wrapped her arms around his neck, her thirst was replaced by a hunger for the time being. It was a primal hunger; a hunger to be touched, a hunger to be loved.

Maggie's phone rang. She sighed and took the phone out of her pocket. She ended the phone call.

"Taking a few weeks off. The last idiot that called me wanted me to transfer a ghost haunting to him. Don't ask, it was stupid." Maggie told Michael.

Michael nodded, then pulled her to him again. He kissed her again, this time more frantically.

Maggie, broke the kiss, then took his hand. She led him to her bedroom and shut the door behind them.

Chapter Three

Maggie released his hand and flitted to the bed far faster than his eyes could track.

"How do you do that?" Michael asked.

"It's called flitting, vampires are capable of moving faster than the human eye can see. It looks like we teleport, but we are really just moving faster than the human eye can track." Maggie explained.

Michael nodded. "Makes sense." He told her. He climbed on the bed, after Maggie motioned for him to come to her. He ran his hands up her body, her ice cold skin sending waves of pleasure and fear up his spine as well as hers. He laid on top of her and kissed Maggie's neck, who sharply inhaled.

Maggie pulled his face to hers and gave him another kiss, parting her lips slightly so their tongues met. She grabbed the bottom of his shirt, pulling it upwards and over his head, only breaking the kiss to pull it over his face. His skin felt almost burning hot against his, but was enjoyable. As they continued to touch, her body heat started to rise from contact with him.

Michael broke the kiss to remove Maggie's shirt and bra, and ran his fingers up her icy cold pale figure.

Maggie inhaled sharply again, the sensation of his hot fingers caressing her skin felt incredible, and she let out an involuntary moan of pleasure. He stopped at her breasts, and squeezed them, which caused a flame of desire to shoot up her body.

Michael was busy with Maggie's breasts when she returned the favor by running her fingernails up his spine. Her hands were almost warm, because of contact with him for so long. Her hands sent waves of pleasure from his nether region all the way up his spine, and he felt a stirring in his loins.

Maggie removed her hands from Michael's body and moved them to her pants, which she then attempted to remove.